Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 30, 10:03 AM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Yep, though I am pretty loose with the term. I have people I can count on and do hang out with sometimes, but maybe not a significant amount of time or am particularly open with about things (though I would like to work on this).
Jan 30, 10:08 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to Otakupervert890
@juanlqr irl = in reality it's a common acronym used online for the purpose of shortening messages in conversation.
@Otakupervert890

Oh, okay. My native language is Spanish so I often don't understand those acronyms.

Yes, I have friends, some from when I went to primary school. I've known my best friend since I was 12 (I'm 36). With her I can talk about everything and we know everything about each other.
Others I hang out with to go to soccer games (Like today, in a few hours).

And others who are the closest, I usually see them every week.
Jan 30, 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
Yes, there was a time where I didn't, but I do now.
Jan 30, 3:04 PM

Jan 2021
Reading this thread makes me depressed

I have friends, you guys should also try to find some

Humans aren't built to be only by themselves
Jan 30, 4:13 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Cammell
Reading this thread makes me depressed

I have friends, you guys should also try to find some

Humans aren't built to be only by themselves
@Cammell123 It's possible that people here simply underestimate or overestimate the concept of a friend. For example, my childhood best friend only called his closest friends friends, calling everyone else buddies because the word friend was too important to him. What I'm saying is that people often either don't realize that they can call someone a friend, or they call friends someone who isn't really that close to them.
Jan 30, 4:16 PM

Nov 2012
Yeah, I have a few friends and family members that I love and care for. But sometimes, I wish I had a bigger friend group.
Jan 30, 4:46 PM

Mar 2020
Bro deleted his account 💀.

Well, something similar happened to me. After school I got depressed because of personal issues and I just wanted to be alone. So, I cut everyone off. I only responded to texts after days. Cancelled or straight up declined hang outs and never contacted them first. Over time I had less and less contact with them, until it completely stopped.

I know that it is my fault. But I'm also a little bit angry. No one asked if something was wrong. Who would cut off contact with friends they've known for years for no reason? The last text I've gotten in the group chat was "He wasn't like this before". Yeah, no shit. I've changed, but not because I wanted to. At that time in my life, I would have probably even cut off my family if I didn't live with them. After I've overcome my depression for the most part I wanted to reach out to them and apologize. But I didn't have the courage for that.

Looking back, I've never had a super deep friendship. Maybe that's just how it is with men. I've heard that men tend to have superficial friendships and women are the ones who have deep and close friendships. I envy that.

I sometimes tell myself that it wasn't that bad that I lost them. They had bad qualities I wouldn't tolerate in people I've just met. But maybe that's just me lying to myself. Years have passed since then. Maybe they've changed for the better and grew as people.

I had hoped to find new friends in uni, but that was a huge L. One guy approached me and I basically ignored him because I panicked. I then saw him talk to someone else and overheard them laughing and exchanging Discord adds. Being a shy introvert is hard.

Gosh, this turned into a personal rant.
Kei_XIJan 30, 4:55 PM
💀😭😂🙏
Jan 31, 12:08 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Cammell123 It's possible that people here simply underestimate or overestimate the concept of a friend. For example, my childhood best friend only called his closest friends friends, calling everyone else buddies because the word friend was too important to him. What I'm saying is that people often either don't realize that they can call someone a friend, or they call friends someone who isn't really that close to them.
@RobertBobert I understand what you are saying

But in your head, if you don't even have a one true friend how are you going to feel

I know there are people who don't consider anyone their true friend, for you mental state you gotta have at least 1
Jan 31, 1:23 AM

Jan 2020
Yes, I have more in-person friends than internet friends. We hang out often and I plan to go to the movies with a couple friends soon.

« »
🍙 Koizumi Hanayo
Dareka Tasukete!!!
Jan 31, 4:00 AM

Jan 2024
I had a big group once when I was in high school but now everybody is busy with their lives and that sucks.
Jan 31, 8:44 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Cammell
@RobertBobert I understand what you are saying

But in your head, if you don't even have a one true friend how are you going to feel

I know there are people who don't consider anyone their true friend, for you mental state you gotta have at least 1
@Cammell123 Some, on the contrary, avoid active communication and prefer to spend most of their time alone. Even when choosing a job that will correspond to this regime.
Jan 31, 12:56 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Cammell123 Some, on the contrary, avoid active communication and prefer to spend most of their time alone. Even when choosing a job that will correspond to this regime.
@RobertBobert Sure, but I won't support that

Do you think those people are fulfilled? I don't think one can truly bring out their full potential if always alone

Without sharing what do we become, I think then we lose a huge part of the edge that we have over other living creatures

Penguins can die from loneliness, I believe this somewhat applies to humans too

Humans who have good social life live longer and live better lives

We shouldn't force people to interact, but promoting and normalizing loneliness is not fine with me - It isn't okay to be and feel alone
Feb 1, 11:47 AM

Jul 2014
Yep. I have a pretty close knit social circle, and I've been working at the same company as my two best friends for exactly a year now.
Take care of yourself

Feb 2, 4:12 AM

Sep 2020
Friendship is for sheep. I'm a wolf.

If liking lolicon makes me a pedo, not liking ecchi makes you a faggot
Feb 2, 4:30 AM
Sneaky Snek

Oct 2023
I have my close friends from school that we still go out and drink and then some people who I catch up with occasionally from school as well. Everyone gets busy with life so you lose some friends and also make more in your workplace.
Feb 2, 5:55 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Cammell
@RobertBobert Sure, but I won't support that

Do you think those people are fulfilled? I don't think one can truly bring out their full potential if always alone

Without sharing what do we become, I think then we lose a huge part of the edge that we have over other living creatures

Penguins can die from loneliness, I believe this somewhat applies to humans too

Humans who have good social life live longer and live better lives

We shouldn't force people to interact, but promoting and normalizing loneliness is not fine with me - It isn't okay to be and feel alone
@Cammell123 I have never tried to normalize or even promote loneliness. But if the excessive lack of contact did not drive me crazy, I would not mind being alone periodically to restore my mental calm.
Feb 2, 12:17 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Cammell123 I have never tried to normalize or even promote loneliness. But if the excessive lack of contact did not drive me crazy, I would not mind being alone periodically to restore my mental calm.
@RobertBobert I wasn't saying you were doing that, just talking about it in general

of course there is nothing bad with being alone sometimes

being alone does not equal loneliness
Feb 2, 3:32 PM

Dec 2023
Reply to Cammell
@RobertBobert I wasn't saying you were doing that, just talking about it in general

of course there is nothing bad with being alone sometimes

being alone does not equal loneliness
@Cammell123 Right, these are facts (I think you both have some very valid points!)
Feb 2, 4:29 PM
Oct 2019
Very few. Like two and a half friends lol, I’m cool with it though since I’m busy with school
Feb 3, 6:21 PM

Oct 2018
not particularly, I don't really get out much irl, and have some social anxiety to boot.

-edit-
I have had friends, just not many that I've kept in touch with.
Fleeting_DreamFeb 4, 1:54 PM
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Feb 4, 6:49 AM

May 2010
I don't have friends, they are the ones who have me 😎
Hello can you please watch Kitaku-bu Katsudou Kiroku
Feb 4, 8:16 AM

Apr 2016
Yes, I have friends. They're my friends from college.
Feb 4, 1:39 PM

Nov 2018
I am lucky enough to have a quite big group of friends who are really cool people

sos, there's a goddess
in disquise
Feb 19, 1:13 AM

Oct 2021
Yes. Only a few, but I don't really more tbh. It's nice to spend time with your friends and do something not alone, bring able to talk with someone, etc..
Feb 19, 11:21 AM

Sep 2014
I dont really know anymore. it certainly doesnt feel the same and i dont feel the same about them.
Feb 19, 8:18 PM

Aug 2019
I have a friend who moved to another city. I lost contact. I think we would still talk as friends if I saw it on the streets.

I had friends when I was a teenager, 1 they blocked me, the other I lost contact due to immaturity and stupid joviality.

I thought I had a friend a few days ago until suddenly there was disappointment.

Feb 20, 1:48 AM

Mar 2021
I used to have a lot of friends in high school, but I've lost contact with most of them. I talk to maybe 2 of them regularly now, and meet up with one at most twice a year. I can't really complain, I've become a lot more introverted since high school (and the lockdowns) so I don't mind not meeting up with them that much
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

32 by Strahan »»
44 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

46 by Strahan »»
55 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - Today

21 by Salty-GB »»
59 minutes ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

17 by Noboru »»
2 hours ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

681 by blankflag »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.