Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (30) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 4, 2023 4:47 PM
Jul 2020
AoT was a perfect ending by Isayama!
Nov 4, 2023 4:49 PM
Jan 2017
The conversation between Eren and Armin reminded me of the 1930s Japanese children's literature "Naita-Akaoni (The Red Demon Who Cried).

Armin and his friends were red demons and Eren was a blue demon.

The two demons were very close friends.

The red demons wanted to coexist with humans, but were feared by humans because of their large bodies and strength.

The blue demon went on a rampage in the human village to grant the red demon's wish, and after the red demon defeated the blue demon, the red demon was accepted by the humans to live.

Later, the red demon visited the blue demon's house, but the blue demon was not there and left a letter addressed to the red demon.

The letter said, "In order for you and humans to get along, I cannot stay with you, so I am going on a journey far away. Please take care. From your friend, the blue demon".

The red demon kept shedding tears as he read his letter.
eikan0728Nov 4, 2023 4:52 PM
Nov 4, 2023 4:51 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to LeffyLoLz
IzanaSolos said:
The treatment of a girl, subjected to such horrors, only to end up loving the person responsible is deeply troubling. Is this really one of the last messages AoT leaves us with?
If you are talking about Ymir I think the show was trying to show how Ymir was never able to free herself from king Fritz and her feelings towards him even if she knew he was a massive a-hole. That's where Mikasa comes in. She was able to kill Eren even if she loved him and that's why Eren said that Mikasa was the key for Ymir.
@LeffyLoLz THIS. It's so easy to understand.
Nov 4, 2023 4:52 PM

Jan 2011
so where did you guys watched the final episode? cant find it on the sites i usually watch anime
Nov 4, 2023 5:03 PM
Oct 2022
Can someone give me the link where to watch the last episode???pllssss
Nov 4, 2023 5:03 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Where TF are ya'll watching this

It still isn't out on Crunchy in Australia yet
Nov 4, 2023 5:05 PM

Jun 2008
People doesn't know what a raw is anymore?
Nov 4, 2023 5:10 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Reply to aod-kun
Where TF are ya'll watching this

It still isn't out on Crunchy in Australia yet
@AOD-san I think it's coming out any minute... Crunchyroll keeps crashing XD
Nov 4, 2023 5:11 PM
Apr 2016
Reply to I_Am_Freeballing
@LeffyLoLz THIS. It's so easy to understand.
@I_Am_Freeballing So easy to understand yet Eren didn't
Nov 4, 2023 5:16 PM

Jun 2012
I'm surprised so many people like it. I'm pretty indifferent to the ending but I remember the shit storm when the manga ended haha
Nov 4, 2023 5:16 PM

Sep 2017
Reply to SSTHZero
People doesn't know what a raw is anymore?
@SSTHZero
Fucking Zoomers man...they don't even know what torrent is.
Nov 4, 2023 5:19 PM

Mar 2016
MAPPa’s best comedy anime ever.
Nov 4, 2023 5:21 PM
Jul 2021
foda, muito foda e o flu ganhou hj, ent mais foda ainda
Nov 4, 2023 5:21 PM
Oct 2021
No dought the greatest of all time
Nov 4, 2023 5:22 PM
Nov 2023
It sucks, that's it
Nov 4, 2023 5:23 PM
Aug 2020
i happy, i enjoyed this last episode, Mappa did a great job, excellent ost and even if we all knew that Eren was not really a bad guy, he did his best but for what...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 4, 2023 5:26 PM

Dec 2020
yall the episode isnt even on crunchyroll yet 😭 yet the servers are still broken bc everyones on it
Nov 4, 2023 5:27 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
well, been watching this series since the first six episodes were out in 2013

what a journey of 10 years...

and as a GINOURMOUS Kaijuu fan, this was PEAK... although i can see why people hate this ending, i personally liked it, even though there was still a ton to explain, i was honestly just ready for this show to end

ps: holy shit, WAY MORE PEOPLE lived than i expected, wtf lol
Nov 4, 2023 5:27 PM

Mar 2021
What a trash way to end the show. It doesn't ruin everything like Game of Thrones Season 8 but man this might be the worst anime ending of all time.
Nov 4, 2023 5:28 PM

Sep 2008
Reply to Shuhan
I'm surprised so many people like it. I'm pretty indifferent to the ending but I remember the shit storm when the manga ended haha
@Shuhan in manga you got just monochrome pictures.
Anime got colored animation, soundtrack and voices.

Plus... you can dislike 10% and enjoy 90% of same story.

I think most people who voted on "hated it" are people who haven't seen even one episode of SnK.
Nov 4, 2023 5:42 PM
Oct 2020
bro don't know how to end an masterpiece and do this
Nov 4, 2023 5:43 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Avicebrons
@MugiwaraJopa I had more fun reading this than experiencing the ending.
@Avicebrons lol thanks bro. It never fails to impress me how awful every single event in the ending is

Nov 4, 2023 5:45 PM
Feb 2023
Shuhan said:

Actually not really, what you are seeing here is mostly negative and neutral reception. Nothing was positive except ppl saying it was a great run while it lasted.
Nov 4, 2023 5:45 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to TheRestlessOne
@Zukan123

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Attack on Titan. The symbolism is extremely kino, and without a brilliant mind on narrative formation most symbolism will go over a typical reader's head. There's also the fact that birds often times symbolize freedom, which is subtlety woven into Isayama's storytelling- his personal philosophy that birds are free draws heavily from Nietzche's body of existentialism. Many people who insult Armin simply do not understand how complex and smart of a character it is, and it is truly sad. You see, there are bad things in life, but there can also be good things. The leaf that Armin holds up is also a motif for nature, which all life stems from (stems also are part of trees btw).

Many people who have a good sense of humor on MAL clearly don't understand this and it upsets me that they make fun of Armin so much, so the only reason that can be is because they just do not understand this very complex body of thought. One can only presume (that is the smart version of 'assume' btw) that they only evaluate the symbolism of the umi da on a surface level, and not the deep complexities to how this can connect to Nardodnaya Volya literature. The depths of this symbolism can also be attributed to birds flying high means they are free (this is called a full circle, which isn't a polygon btw).

When Armin says 'umi da' he isn't just saying life can also have good things. You see Zeke is very sad, and baseballs make him happy, so Armin is also saying happy is a good thing. Zeke never once thought this in his life so when Zeke said "ooohh wow" that was him actualizing himself as an individual (this is very subtle, most MAL won't get this except for me and a few intellectuals). Zeke is a monke, and monke are on the ground (not free), trees are above ground (leaf) so they are more free, and birds are above trees (so most free).

I pity people with good senses of humor that make far better memes about Eren, and Chads like Floch and their enormous cocks. We intellectuals support the alliance and armin because we understand that our cocks may be small, but that is because all of our essence (not evanescence, that is a band) went into our brains. So while our dicks may be small, we can handle the complex narratives of this shonen. I feel bad for them because they can't see how deep these literary devices proliferate when one can motivate their mind to the highest degree. Idiots. Also, guess what? I think genocide is bad, and even though this is fiction I am so ethical that I still don't support it here. I am morally superior and you just don't get that, so try to keep up sweetie 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Shingeki no Kyojin tattoo (this is Attack on Titan in japanese). ANd no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate they understand the complex symbolism of birds and leaves are comparable to my own beforehand. Nothin personnel yeagerists. 😎
@TheRestlessOne Kino

Nov 4, 2023 5:49 PM

Sep 2012
Great job by Mappa, however Isayama is still a fraud who found the best way to ruin almost 10 years worth of work.

Great series ruined by a garbage ass ending.

I have no desire to read any more crap he ever puts out because the series basically the abandonware of manga.

I'll always say Code Geass handled the villian ending well before the resurrection crap.

chakracatNov 4, 2023 5:52 PM
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 4, 2023 5:57 PM

Aug 2014
Not only the worst ending in anime/manga history but also in all of fiction.
Nov 4, 2023 5:58 PM

Feb 2018
Finally, the worst anime franchise ever has ended and nobody will remember it anymore :3
Nov 4, 2023 5:58 PM
Apr 2020
just terrible writing from isayama overall, shame on him tbh
Nov 4, 2023 6:15 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to ZXEAN
Wtf is this forum lol. How MAL end up becoming more toxic than Twitter/X ???
@ZXEAN

you must be new here or something lmao
Nov 4, 2023 6:17 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Confused_100
ZXEAN said:
@otherhalfling I am just trying to say the reaction which are coming out now isn't genuine. Just by seeing the poll you can understand roughly half of the people have rated this episode 1 and another half 5. I mean it's obvious AOE Bros and EM shippers are the real contributor in this forum. Come back after 24 hours to see genuine reaction good or bad it doesn't matter.

How does EM shippers contribute? They literally got what they wanted LOL. And it technically is the genuine reaction and most of the reactions is negative not because of animation but because the story ending is written so badly and everyone expected they would flesh it out or change but got the same badly written with the same badly paced way in manga…
@Confused_100 I am saying as of now half of the people who have rated this episode 5 are EM shippers and another half are AOE bros. Genuine response will come after this episode gets released in a streaming services with proper subtitles.
Nov 4, 2023 6:19 PM
Dec 2020
WOW just WOW
What a episode, what a ending, What a show !
10/10
Thank you Eren and the rest of this amazinh characters
AOT you will be missed !!!
Nov 4, 2023 6:20 PM

Apr 2010
Still quite a terrible ending.
Nov 4, 2023 6:26 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
@ZXEAN

you must be new here or something lmao
@EcchiGodMamster Haha I am feeling more comfortable in Twitter/X as of now.
Nov 4, 2023 6:28 PM
Jul 2022
i mean wow, best end tbh
Nov 4, 2023 6:29 PM
May 2019
i certainly have not walked along with attack on titan as much as a lot of other fans did, but i did pick the manga up when it was still serializing, in it's final year, i got to witness the end of the story happening, and here we are again, to end it again, once, and for all, thank you isayama, thank you wit studio, thank you mappa, thank you, everyone who worked on this and everyone who was a part of it, even the salty fans who dwelt on a utopia of a "better ending", there is no better nor worse ending, there is THE ending, i am happy i was alive in the same time attack on titan happened, i am happy that i can see it for what it is worth, time for me to dive deeper into my melancholia~
the fifth of november, 02:29, sora was here.
Nov 4, 2023 6:32 PM
Jan 2022
shit makes no sense
Nov 4, 2023 6:32 PM

Nov 2015
not happy with the ntr
Nov 4, 2023 6:34 PM
boop boop

Mar 2018
the adaptation made me happy
死だけが確実
Nov 4, 2023 6:38 PM

Jul 2020
*starts twerking violently*
Nov 4, 2023 6:38 PM
Feb 2021
OMG_IT_HAPPENED
Nov 4, 2023 6:39 PM

Dec 2013
why do people hate this ending? The action sequences were great, it's got plenty of twists and turns, and some pretty solid resolutions to a story that was incredibly impossible to resolve.

Mikasa's kiss and Eren's whining are a little weird, but that can't be the reason why people trash the entire ending of this show
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Nov 4, 2023 6:43 PM

Aug 2018
What the actual fuck was that?
Nov 4, 2023 6:50 PM
May 2021
Man AOT!! Wow what a journey it has been. Being able to re-watch aot would be absolutely be mad man without knowing what happens… MAPPPA did an amazing job man!! Wow… as for the ending yhh… it wasn’t how ppl wanted it to be… overall I am gonna miss this series.
Nov 4, 2023 6:50 PM
Sep 2021
Plenty of emotions, perfect conclusions, RIP Eren & Mikasa + All
Good ep, good animation. Thank you Mappa.
Nov 4, 2023 6:51 PM
Jul 2023
peak peak peak peak
Nov 4, 2023 6:53 PM
Apr 2023
the best anime i've ever seen
Nov 4, 2023 6:53 PM

Aug 2019
What a trash ending!
It's totally Game of Thrones all over again...
Nov 4, 2023 6:57 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Damn dude, truly epic. A great finish to a groundbreaking series. Probably an average of 9/10 throughout this series for me. One of my favourites all time.

The plot definitely confuses me at times, and I think some details about Ymir/Fritz/paths/titan powers are overcomplicated, but it's still crazy enjoyable regardless.

Not sure I love the ending and Eren's inability to change the future at all (despite living through it), but it looks like Armin and Historia were able to reach peace for the next ~100 years, which is great.

Although it really makes you think about our world, and no matter how many times we find peace, we humans always seem to want to destroy eachother for trivial reasons...

One of Eren's lines "I was just an idiot who found power" really resonated with me. And made me think of certain global leaders around the world today..

I got a bit emotional during the aftermath ngl. The part where Levi cried (bruh)

I'm sad AOT is over but I'm so glad I experienced it!!!
Nov 4, 2023 6:58 PM
Apr 2021
dogwater dogwater dogwater
Nov 4, 2023 7:03 PM
Feb 2022
I will just leave a comment here to prove I was here when the great of greats ended

just giving a 10 is not enough to justify AOT
Pages (30) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1047 by cooldogmom »»
6 hours ago

» Why is this so ugly??? ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Nov 5, 2023

60 by Akuya »»
Apr 25, 7:19 AM

» ending (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 )

leyaf - Apr 2

101 by eslam722 »»
Apr 15, 6:02 AM

» What would the characters favorite anime be?

TASM18 - Apr 5

25 by kush_void »»
Apr 7, 6:13 PM

» about episodic version of final chapters

taru_otaku - Nov 19, 2023

8 by Adrena »»
Apr 5, 7:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.