Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (30) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 4, 2023 12:21 PM
Feb 2021
Worst ending in anime history
Nov 4, 2023 12:26 PM

Apr 2017
now the copium for the unique anime ending foolishness is over and y'all anime fans can finally wear the clown shoes us manga fans left behind 😂
Nov 4, 2023 12:30 PM

Aug 2019
It's currently trending worldwide with almost 1.3m tweets and it doesn't even have a subtitled release yet.
Nov 4, 2023 12:35 PM

Dec 2015
I wished for something else, but it was sure that it will go the same way as manga, they also added for the extra pages of 139 the nuke spam in post-credit scenes, it even got worse as I expected it happening very quickly not developing into cyberpunk world and than being destroyed [at least that's how I've understood those pages].
At least I can just pause the final episode at 55:32 and switch on the first episode of first season at 3:39.

I hope aotnorequiem part 4 will someday release Probbaly not
ZettaikenNov 4, 2023 12:45 PM
Nov 4, 2023 12:39 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to ArimaKana
Absolute garbage ending. Like many other popular/good series author couldn't deliver with the ending.
@ArimaKana stay mad
Nov 4, 2023 12:49 PM
Feb 2023
ZXEAN said:
@otherhalfling I am just trying to say the reaction which are coming out now isn't genuine. Just by seeing the poll you can understand roughly half of the people have rated this episode 1 and another half 5. I mean it's obvious AOE Bros and EM shippers are the real contributor in this forum. Come back after 24 hours to see genuine reaction good or bad it doesn't matter.

How does EM shippers contribute? They literally got what they wanted LOL. And it technically is the genuine reaction and most of the reactions is negative not because of animation but because the story ending is written so badly and everyone expected they would flesh it out or change but got the same badly written with the same badly paced way in manga…
Nov 4, 2023 12:56 PM
Nov 2023
The greatest anime of all time
Nov 4, 2023 12:59 PM
Feb 2023
Beeroo said:
The greatest anime of all time

Nice fake account you got there… Atleast do that ranking with AOT S3P2 not this one LOL
Nov 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Apr 2018
I've seen a bit of the RAW, but honestly gonna wait for the subtitles because the quality is decent as well. But, it's the last day we will get some AOT content. Even if the ending is bad in many peoples eyes, it was a fun ride tbh.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 4, 2023 1:13 PM

Sep 2008
Awwww...
Did they really use "13 no Fuyu" in this episode!? 😭😍❤
Nov 4, 2023 1:20 PM

Sep 2016
It's been a long 10+ with this anime/manga. Will never forget the highs and will definitely never forget the lows lmao.
Nov 4, 2023 1:21 PM

May 2009
Reply to HelloThere56

Thank you MAPPA. Lmao.
@HelloThere56 Mappa adapted what Isayama drew.
Nov 4, 2023 1:22 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to the13thStruggle
Wow, who would've thought that the remaining 20% of the world population would get revenge on Paradis in the future because the traitorous Alliance were low IQ enough to believe you can talk no jutsu a populace right after you just reaffirmed yourselves as island devils to their century's worth of brainwashing by almost committing omnicide. The Yeagerists were vindicated.

Still can't get over how the same thematically charged ending about the endless cycle of violence could've been written but infinitely superior by having a victorious Paradis resort to infighting in that time-skip epilogue instead of turning the story into capeshit.

#ThankYouIsayama
#ThankYouMAPPA
@the13thStruggle, you speak the truth and simply the truth!

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Nov 4, 2023 1:28 PM
Aug 2020
The whole Mikasa thing came outta nowhere. She being the savior, and Eren’s confession regarding his feelings - If that was the plan all along then at least show something before the LAST EPISODE.

Eren asking for what Mikasa feeling towards him is not a hint/showcase of HIS feelings. Him asking that was more for himself to see if anything would’ve changed from the future he already saw, unfortunately Mikasa gave the answer he already saw.

I’ve no problem with romance in a series but if that’s to play such a MAJOR ROLE in the ending at least build it up from the start. It’s not that difficult, especially if this was the intended way to end the story.

Levi got an amazing conclusion - the best in the series and his farewell with his fallen comrades made me tear up.

I’ve had a lot of problems with the ending but since it’s been a long time since the last chapter, I’m not gonna bother with all of that again.

Overall an amazing story that’s been with me for most of my time watching and reading anime & manga, so it’s a weird feeling seeing "The END". This story will be remembered and it’ll always be a gateway for people wanting to start their anime journey.

Episode: 8/10
Nov 4, 2023 1:30 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to AbsoluteCinema
L
+ cringe
+ corny
+ peak comedy
+ you didn't understand the story
+ plot armor
+ plot holes
+ retcons
+ infinite ammo
+ infinite thunder spear
+ infinite gas
+ unbreakable swords
+ avengers fight
+ useless titans
+ cuckren
+ NOOOO I DON'T WANT THAT
+ sniffling while trampling on innocent lives
+ idk why I killed the world
+ MATRICIDE
+ thank u for committing genocide for our sake
+ real eren
+ eren greatest actor
+ eren lied in his monologues
+ eren let them win
+ wormkun main villain
+ jeanconnie revived 2mins later
+ dead zeke stops rumbling
+ scouts used to have it tough with a single normal titan now they can fight hundreds of titanshifters at once
+ kruger fighting against eren
+ colossal eren
+ tentacle fetish
+ umi da
+ mikasa "im strong" wings cringe
+ falco expert at flying
+ liner sniffing letter
+ annie reunites with her dad
+ annie crying for eren
+ pieck crying for eren
+ armin "we would turn into titans if we could"
+ that argument actually worked
+ birdren
+ ugly faces
+ messiah armin
+ leaf
+ leaf convinces zeke to kill himself
+ mikasa jesus walking to paradis
+ mikasa carrying eren's rotting head
+ necrophillia
+ incest
+ ymir loved fritz
+ aaron yogurt
+ "battle of heaven and earth" (literally nobody important died)
+ paradis lets them back on the island
+ paradis gives them privileges for some reason
+ mikasa never stopped thinking about eren
+ cucked husband
+ she even dies with that fucking nasty scarf
+ overdone bird symbolism
+ capeshit
+ cringe romance
+ "it was mikasa"
+ only ymir knows
+ 9/11 reference (wtf)
+ paradis bombed
+ floch was right
+ genocide approval ending
+ "cycle of hatred" womp womp
+ beren next generations

+ Rest In Piss.

@MugiwaraJopa thanks a lot for the summary and genuine review now I won't have to watch this episode. Was waiting for this tbh.
Nov 4, 2023 1:32 PM

Jun 2023
It's honestly baffling how worse it actually was than what I had expected, but it's still a very memorable and iconic moment not just for me but I feel like in the whole anime community— the end of an era.

Salute to Yams chan🫡

"To the boy who once sought freedom, goodbye." 🕊️
Nov 4, 2023 1:34 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to KneelBeforeMe
@I_Am_Freeballing How are you going to say other have no taste or are biased when you're the biggest fanboy of AOT known to mankind. Isayama could've introduced aliens taking over the planet in the last chapter and you would've said it subverted expectation and was a stroke of genius writing. Fuck outta here.
@KneelBeforeMe, true. Bud here is the biggest user I know when it comes to anything AoT-related on MAL. Notice, @I_Am_Freeballing only ever appeared since the ending of the manga back in 2021. I've never seen this dedicated man since I joined MAL and actively participated in AoT's chapter threads.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Nov 4, 2023 1:36 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to bastek66
@bastek66

I haven't seen the episode yet but I gotta comment on this.

Yes, mappa drew exactly what isayama drew, and that is why it's not as good as wit's work even though the animation and music got to wit's level on the 2 specials.

Isayama... is not the greatest artist. early AOT in particular looks pretty ugly, and even the later parts aren't exactly mind blowing.

Wit too isayama's writing and gave it a clean, well designed art style that was detailed in all the right places. Wit made AOT into one of the best looking anime out there, specially on s1 and 2 where they weren't being rushed.

but then for one reason or another, mappa took away that change, which was for the better.

So, a lot of scenes did look less than great BECAUSE they drew exactly what isayama drew.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Nov 4, 2023 1:42 PM

May 2017
Reply to bastek66
@bastek66 I'm literally praising MAPPA for animating this glorious scene accurately. They even did a slo mo lmao. I couldn't stop laughing.
Nov 4, 2023 1:49 PM
Nov 2023
Even worse than the manga.
Nov 4, 2023 1:55 PM

Feb 2021
Remember when this was about smol man kill big naked man with sword?

So here is where arguably the most popular anime ends... This is truly an end of an era

And to think everything started with a pig hut
I was spoiled on Falco's titan flying (and it was pretty obvious from what he said in part 1) but this is still epic
Eldians and Marleyans quarelling in this situation look so stupid
So good to hear all these familiar leitmotifs
I almost cried at the scene with the baby... They really made the Rumbling look as horrifying as it is (and also this is a reference to Season 2 ED)
It's so damn cool to see all previous titans fighting too! Even Eren Kruger! We also finally saw how Ksaver's titan looks!
This gotta be the most powerful Colossal Titan transformation to date. I assume the wielder can control the power. And Historia is giving birth?
Everyone is hating on the kiss and on Eren's tantrum scenes, but when I saw them I just kinda... didn't really feel anything
1:16:17 Sasha's family!
The credits are really cool ngl. Seeing sci-fi stuff in AOT is quite weird but I like it. And the music by Linked Horizon and Ai Higuchi is amazing.
I liked the post-credits scene too!
"The End"

I liked this ending actually. Don't really get why people hated it so much. Believe it or not, the reception of the ending in Japan was very good.
I only started watching this a couple months ago so I'm not as emotional as some people, but I still think this is a masterpiece and one of the best anime and TV shows in general.
10/10 Because I still enjoyed the hell out of this.

Now let's see just how much the score will fall when this releases on Crunchyroll...

By the way I've always wondered why the names of titans (like Armored and Colossal) just happened to be the same both in Eldia and Marley. Maybe Eldians' hidden memories were partially unlocked when they saw those titans or something.
EmbientNov 4, 2023 11:39 PM
Nov 4, 2023 1:57 PM
Dec 2022
Aot will forever go down as one of the best anime’s oat, regardless of what you think about the ending. It surpasses just the genre of anime, aot in itself is pure art. Easily top 5 pieces of media I’ve ever had the pleasure of experiencing.
Nov 4, 2023 1:57 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to AbsoluteCinema
L
+ cringe
+ corny
+ peak comedy
+ you didn't understand the story
+ plot armor
+ plot holes
+ retcons
+ infinite ammo
+ infinite thunder spear
+ infinite gas
+ unbreakable swords
+ avengers fight
+ useless titans
+ cuckren
+ NOOOO I DON'T WANT THAT
+ sniffling while trampling on innocent lives
+ idk why I killed the world
+ MATRICIDE
+ thank u for committing genocide for our sake
+ real eren
+ eren greatest actor
+ eren lied in his monologues
+ eren let them win
+ wormkun main villain
+ jeanconnie revived 2mins later
+ dead zeke stops rumbling
+ scouts used to have it tough with a single normal titan now they can fight hundreds of titanshifters at once
+ kruger fighting against eren
+ colossal eren
+ tentacle fetish
+ umi da
+ mikasa "im strong" wings cringe
+ falco expert at flying
+ liner sniffing letter
+ annie reunites with her dad
+ annie crying for eren
+ pieck crying for eren
+ armin "we would turn into titans if we could"
+ that argument actually worked
+ birdren
+ ugly faces
+ messiah armin
+ leaf
+ leaf convinces zeke to kill himself
+ mikasa jesus walking to paradis
+ mikasa carrying eren's rotting head
+ necrophillia
+ incest
+ ymir loved fritz
+ aaron yogurt
+ "battle of heaven and earth" (literally nobody important died)
+ paradis lets them back on the island
+ paradis gives them privileges for some reason
+ mikasa never stopped thinking about eren
+ cucked husband
+ she even dies with that fucking nasty scarf
+ overdone bird symbolism
+ capeshit
+ cringe romance
+ "it was mikasa"
+ only ymir knows
+ 9/11 reference (wtf)
+ paradis bombed
+ floch was right
+ genocide approval ending
+ "cycle of hatred" womp womp
+ beren next generations

+ Rest In Piss.

@MugiwaraJopa I had more fun reading this than experiencing the ending.
Subarashii
Nov 4, 2023 2:04 PM

Mar 2018
End of an era! 10/10 series
Nov 4, 2023 2:11 PM
Sep 2020
The ending has grown on me since the manga finished. I think they improved on the source material with the anime. Enjoyed the series a lot.
Nov 4, 2023 2:13 PM
Feb 2019
Ending makes no sense it is just bull crap
Nov 4, 2023 2:13 PM

Nov 2020
Got some real nice screenshots from this one

WutIsDis?
If you ever feel bored and are questioning the meaning of your existence, read deez blogs. Maybe you will find your answers.
Nov 4, 2023 2:21 PM
Mar 2021
Softhenic03 said:
Though we did have a bit of recap sort of, or it was just them playing the last few moments of that first episode, it didn’t take long until we jumped into the crux of the matter… when Armin declared his willingness to see the extent of freedom Eren claims to have. Though talks were fine and all, I liked how Eren deployed the 9 titans of the past to obliterate his “used-to-be” friends in the most ruthless way lol.

Pieck did go the obvious “he ain’t my friend so I’ve no hard feelings in taking his head” but jesus christ war hammer piped her like there’s no tomorrow. But what followed was crisp as heck action sequence with odm gear like the old times, where everyone got a chance not only to shine but literally become a star, but that was too short lived, as the moment Armin got taken inside the mouth of this huge ass titan, you know where we were leading to…

… the appearance of the Falco’s flying titan with Annie and Gabi riding his back and saving our avengers just at the right time, very convenient indeed. Sometimes I think the author literally hated Eren, I mean not only the plot armour was as heavy as a star for these people when they were fighting, but even Armin who got eaten, ended up in the paths. Ended up in the paths.. had a conversation with Zeke, and you know his charisma, he can even lead the baddest and dirtiest people out there to change their… thoughts to an extreme extent.

Levi FINALLY KILLED Zeke, and for sure this time, it’s the finals of the final. Though plenty happened in between, but I mean if there’s one thing which I could not get out of my mind was Mikasa's dream… THE WHAT-IF. WHAT WOULD’VE HAPPENED IF EREN THAT DAY INDEED DECIDED TO RUN OFF WITH MIKASA AFTER CONFESSING HIS FEELINGS. Though that’s just a big if in the end, as we know what transpired after that….

… Mappa literally adapted that whole sequence panel by panel where Mikasa CUT EREN’S HEAD OFF AND LITERALLY KISSED HIM.. jesus we didn’t need that with this precision right? Then why lol. And no this ain’t the only thing which we as viewers didn’t want to see in the adaption. THEY ADAPTED THE INFAMOUS, “ I WANT MIKASA TO THINK ABOUT ME AND ME ONLY EVEN AFTER I DIE.. FOR 10 YEARS AT LEAST” , and Eren acting like a… no leave it.

Isayama did my man Eren dirty, people call him a clown these days. Really never wanted to live through these moments ever again, but sigh. Eren was the villain, Eren was the hero, and everything happened according to his will. He suffered in between, a lot, heck sacrificed himself for his friends, but he has become the punching bag of this community, and that would never change.

At least people know Eren was the saviour, or they might not, but that matters not. Avengers won in the end and Eren lost… that’s the ending.. ending of this “of what once used to be” a great great series, because the ending actually didn’t live up to the expectations after all these years of build up. There could be many adjectives we could term the ending with, but let’s leave it at a positive note after all these years.

Mappa did the episode justice, atleast in terms of animating the things. Though you cannot correct what’s already wrong, so… anyways, I don’t know what additions they were talking about, because I didn’t see any. Avengers are messengers of peace, Levi living the retirement life and Mikasa… always waited for Eren.

Goodbye. 🕊/10.

How yall watching it, it aint even out on crunchyroll 😭😭😭😭
Nov 4, 2023 2:22 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to xenosys
It's currently trending worldwide with almost 1.3m tweets and it doesn't even have a subtitled release yet.
Really good,many parts were better in the anime than the manga while i prefer the manga for some scenes like Zeke death and Eren and Armin convo..i think they dumbed it down a little too much
I'll reserve my final judgment till the official sub come out

5/5 ,really glad i was able to witness this ,thanks and forever grateful to everyone who worked on the series.

@xenosys 1.3 million really? did you take a screen shot?
Nov 4, 2023 2:22 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Meinyaa
@ZXEAN how do you know the majority haven't watched the episode? I mean you don't need subs when you read the manga.
@Meinyaa that might be the stupidest comment ever.

it doesn't work like that, yes there are people who have already read the manga and they gave their score to MANGA. anime, even though it follows the same story, is different, because much more comes into rating (animation, music, how the message was shown, voice acting). why do you think often manga scores are different than anime scores, even though the content is the same... and majority hasn't read the manga, they base fully on anime.

also off topic, but don't know why you're so salty when you like oshi no ko which is... well far worse objectively
iseaNov 4, 2023 2:27 PM

hurry up, we're dreaming 

Nov 4, 2023 2:24 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to S10Ivanov
Softhenic03 said:
Though we did have a bit of recap sort of, or it was just them playing the last few moments of that first episode, it didn’t take long until we jumped into the crux of the matter… when Armin declared his willingness to see the extent of freedom Eren claims to have. Though talks were fine and all, I liked how Eren deployed the 9 titans of the past to obliterate his “used-to-be” friends in the most ruthless way lol.

Pieck did go the obvious “he ain’t my friend so I’ve no hard feelings in taking his head” but jesus christ war hammer piped her like there’s no tomorrow. But what followed was crisp as heck action sequence with odm gear like the old times, where everyone got a chance not only to shine but literally become a star, but that was too short lived, as the moment Armin got taken inside the mouth of this huge ass titan, you know where we were leading to…

… the appearance of the Falco’s flying titan with Annie and Gabi riding his back and saving our avengers just at the right time, very convenient indeed. Sometimes I think the author literally hated Eren, I mean not only the plot armour was as heavy as a star for these people when they were fighting, but even Armin who got eaten, ended up in the paths. Ended up in the paths.. had a conversation with Zeke, and you know his charisma, he can even lead the baddest and dirtiest people out there to change their… thoughts to an extreme extent.

Levi FINALLY KILLED Zeke, and for sure this time, it’s the finals of the final. Though plenty happened in between, but I mean if there’s one thing which I could not get out of my mind was Mikasa's dream… THE WHAT-IF. WHAT WOULD’VE HAPPENED IF EREN THAT DAY INDEED DECIDED TO RUN OFF WITH MIKASA AFTER CONFESSING HIS FEELINGS. Though that’s just a big if in the end, as we know what transpired after that….

… Mappa literally adapted that whole sequence panel by panel where Mikasa CUT EREN’S HEAD OFF AND LITERALLY KISSED HIM.. jesus we didn’t need that with this precision right? Then why lol. And no this ain’t the only thing which we as viewers didn’t want to see in the adaption. THEY ADAPTED THE INFAMOUS, “ I WANT MIKASA TO THINK ABOUT ME AND ME ONLY EVEN AFTER I DIE.. FOR 10 YEARS AT LEAST” , and Eren acting like a… no leave it.

Isayama did my man Eren dirty, people call him a clown these days. Really never wanted to live through these moments ever again, but sigh. Eren was the villain, Eren was the hero, and everything happened according to his will. He suffered in between, a lot, heck sacrificed himself for his friends, but he has become the punching bag of this community, and that would never change.

At least people know Eren was the saviour, or they might not, but that matters not. Avengers won in the end and Eren lost… that’s the ending.. ending of this “of what once used to be” a great great series, because the ending actually didn’t live up to the expectations after all these years of build up. There could be many adjectives we could term the ending with, but let’s leave it at a positive note after all these years.

Mappa did the episode justice, atleast in terms of animating the things. Though you cannot correct what’s already wrong, so… anyways, I don’t know what additions they were talking about, because I didn’t see any. Avengers are messengers of peace, Levi living the retirement life and Mikasa… always waited for Eren.

Goodbye. 🕊/10.

How yall watching it, it aint even out on crunchyroll 😭😭😭😭
@S10Ivanov raw ,without subtitles it's out in Japan.
there is still around 2 hours for official subs
Nov 4, 2023 2:25 PM
Jan 2022
Although animation in this final episode was good but from beginning of Mappa era of Aot, Mappa has simply FAILED to make consistent fking faces of main characters and in finale ep it was very evident. This frustrated me a lot in this finale aside from the fact that ending was average.I was anime only watcher of Aot so went completely unknown of manga spoilers.Avengers was a completely stupid idea especially from Connie,Armin. Mikasa killing her own people and even Eren was also some top tier bullshitt.Only thing I liked about finale was that Mikasa still waited for Eren at the end but when we think a little we realise that she was the one who killed him in first place😑.6/10 for this finale and 7.9/10 as a whole series
gamiboNov 4, 2023 2:36 PM
Nov 4, 2023 2:26 PM

Jan 2018
For the years that I kept up with both the manga and the anime. I honestly enjoyed every moment of it, even if we hoped and deserved somewhat a better ending to the series than the one we got, I still love the series so much.

Nov 4, 2023 2:27 PM

Apr 2014
I will give this a 10 for the sake of it. However, as far as a modern manga that was on pace to arguably the best manga ever in its genre, SnK, and Koe no Katachi's endings showed me most mangaka crumble at the end of the series and not just make a bad ending - but - one that ruins the entire story's point. Time to move on.
Nov 4, 2023 2:32 PM
Jul 2020
I DON'T WANT THAT!!
Nov 4, 2023 2:38 PM
Jul 2021
So finally, End of an era!!
Nov 4, 2023 2:39 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to dior
I will give this a 10 for the sake of it. However, as far as a modern manga that was on pace to arguably the best manga ever in its genre, SnK, and Koe no Katachi's endings showed me most mangaka crumble at the end of the series and not just make a bad ending - but - one that ruins the entire story's point. Time to move on.
@dior well there are some epic mangas like Monster that was masterpiece from start to end.
Nov 4, 2023 2:49 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to isea
@Meinyaa that might be the stupidest comment ever.

it doesn't work like that, yes there are people who have already read the manga and they gave their score to MANGA. anime, even though it follows the same story, is different, because much more comes into rating (animation, music, how the message was shown, voice acting). why do you think often manga scores are different than anime scores, even though the content is the same... and majority hasn't read the manga, they base fully on anime.

also off topic, but don't know why you're so salty when you like oshi no ko which is... well far worse objectively
@isea its crazy that you completely missed the point. I'm saying that a lot of people watched it live with music, voice acting, animation, they just didn't need subs because dialogue is mostly the same as in manga. You're basically arguing with a ghost because your comment doesn't refer to mine in the slightest.

OnK is far better objectively than all of the final season of aot :)

Nov 4, 2023 3:04 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to LordSozin
@KneelBeforeMe, true. Bud here is the biggest user I know when it comes to anything AoT-related on MAL. Notice, @I_Am_Freeballing only ever appeared since the ending of the manga back in 2021. I've never seen this dedicated man since I joined MAL and actively participated in AoT's chapter threads.
@LordSozin Thanks for being a fan. At least you understand me better than you understand AOT.
Nov 4, 2023 3:23 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to Mechabandit
The ending has grown on me since the manga finished. I think they improved on the source material with the anime. Enjoyed the series a lot.
@Mechabandit U loved those "Forced Avengers"? Well its not uncommon for people to have opposing opinion against a majority opinion in order to feel special and above others.I had it too in past🙂
Nov 4, 2023 3:27 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to gamibo
@Mechabandit U loved those "Forced Avengers"? Well its not uncommon for people to have opposing opinion against a majority opinion in order to feel special and above others.I had it too in past🙂
@gamibo I said it has grown on me. Not that I think it is the magnum opus of literature. No need to belittle me for that.
Nov 4, 2023 3:29 PM

Jan 2018
Today brings us the end to the greatest TV show of all time. Thank you for all the memories the last 8 years I've been watching, it started high and ended far higher.

Masterpiece through and through.
Nov 4, 2023 4:00 PM
Sep 2008
So... where is the epic flawless masterpiece?
Nov 4, 2023 4:10 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to CesarMagnan
So... where is the epic flawless masterpiece?
@CesarMagnan The ending is a masterpiece, you didn't understand the story, only eren's part was gutted
Nov 4, 2023 4:23 PM

Jun 2020
does anyone mind telling me a source where i can watch this? please dm
Nov 4, 2023 4:25 PM

Apr 2020
I am not the biggest fan of AOT after the timeskip butt I did enjoy the ending even if it was somewhat expected.
Amazing job by MAPPA. Fight scenes were amazing and the music made it even better.
7/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Nov 4, 2023 4:32 PM
Nov 2023
Perfect perfect perfect perfect
Nov 4, 2023 4:37 PM

Sep 2017
Reply to Zukan123
@CesarMagnan The ending is a masterpiece, you didn't understand the story, only eren's part was gutted
@Zukan123

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Attack on Titan. The symbolism is extremely kino, and without a brilliant mind on narrative formation most symbolism will go over a typical reader's head. There's also the fact that birds often times symbolize freedom, which is subtlety woven into Isayama's storytelling- his personal philosophy that birds are free draws heavily from Nietzche's body of existentialism. Many people who insult Armin simply do not understand how complex and smart of a character it is, and it is truly sad. You see, there are bad things in life, but there can also be good things. The leaf that Armin holds up is also a motif for nature, which all life stems from (stems also are part of trees btw).

Many people who have a good sense of humor on MAL clearly don't understand this and it upsets me that they make fun of Armin so much, so the only reason that can be is because they just do not understand this very complex body of thought. One can only presume (that is the smart version of 'assume' btw) that they only evaluate the symbolism of the umi da on a surface level, and not the deep complexities to how this can connect to Nardodnaya Volya literature. The depths of this symbolism can also be attributed to birds flying high means they are free (this is called a full circle, which isn't a polygon btw).

When Armin says 'umi da' he isn't just saying life can also have good things. You see Zeke is very sad, and baseballs make him happy, so Armin is also saying happy is a good thing. Zeke never once thought this in his life so when Zeke said "ooohh wow" that was him actualizing himself as an individual (this is very subtle, most MAL won't get this except for me and a few intellectuals). Zeke is a monke, and monke are on the ground (not free), trees are above ground (leaf) so they are more free, and birds are above trees (so most free).

I pity people with good senses of humor that make far better memes about Eren, and Chads like Floch and their enormous cocks. We intellectuals support the alliance and armin because we understand that our cocks may be small, but that is because all of our essence (not evanescence, that is a band) went into our brains. So while our dicks may be small, we can handle the complex narratives of this shonen. I feel bad for them because they can't see how deep these literary devices proliferate when one can motivate their mind to the highest degree. Idiots. Also, guess what? I think genocide is bad, and even though this is fiction I am so ethical that I still don't support it here. I am morally superior and you just don't get that, so try to keep up sweetie 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Shingeki no Kyojin tattoo (this is Attack on Titan in japanese). ANd no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate they understand the complex symbolism of birds and leaves are comparable to my own beforehand. Nothin personnel yeagerists. 😎
TheRestlessOneNov 4, 2023 4:49 PM
Nov 4, 2023 4:44 PM
Mar 2020
Although the production and story was rushed to be finish earlier, the conclusion was beyond perfect
Nov 4, 2023 4:46 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to IzanaSolos
10 years in the making. The finale of Shingeki no Kyojin. Is it as bad as manga readers said? Well...

We pick up right where we left off back in spring, with Armin transforming into the Colossus Titan, but is swallowed. The group faces a swarm of Titans. Annie and Mikasa pursue the Titan with Armin. Inside, Armin encounters Zeke in the Path. They connect with past Titan inheritors. Back in the real world, they defeat Eren. Memories of Eren resurface in his comrades. Mikasa bids farewell. Years pass, peace talks begin. Over countless years, Mikasa raises a new family before passing away. Eventually, war ravages Paradis, and Eren's colossal tree is rediscovered by a wandering child.

The chaotic battle showcased some impressive historical Titans. However, I hope they start falling soon. Nearly everyone was on the brink of death this episode, only to be saved at the last moment, with each chapter ending on a cliffhanger. I was a staunch Eren supporter, but the Alliance's cause didn't convince me until now. "Saving the world" felt cliché and weak. But in these grim times, Miss Kiyomi's kindness shines as a beacon of hope, leaving me speechless. She went to great lengths, sacrificing her boat, a level of dedication and sacrifice we've never seen before. It should have been evident from the moment the Alliance was introduced that something was off. The writing surrounding it felt fundamentally flawed. Isayama had numerous paths he could have taken for a satisfying ending, so many possibilities. He wasn't constrained in his writing. Yet, he chose... whatever this is. The treatment of a girl, subjected to such horrors, only to end up loving the person responsible is deeply troubling. Is this really one of the last messages AoT leaves us with? Eren's death as a gambit doesn't even bother me the most. His transformation into a bird at the end, symbolizing freedom, aligns perfectly with his character.

While the ending leaves a sour taste in my mouth, I can't overlook how Shingeki has changed the anime medium and how it's overall just a great fucking ride. Overall, I'd give it an 9/10, as there's far more brilliance than flaws. However, this aspect has significantly tarnished the experience.
IzanaSolos said:
The treatment of a girl, subjected to such horrors, only to end up loving the person responsible is deeply troubling. Is this really one of the last messages AoT leaves us with?
If you are talking about Ymir I think the show was trying to show how Ymir was never able to free herself from king Fritz and her feelings towards him even if she knew he was a massive a-hole. That's where Mikasa comes in. She was able to kill Eren even if she loved him and that's why Eren said that Mikasa was the key for Ymir.
Pages (30) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1047 by cooldogmom »»
3 hours ago

» Why is this so ugly??? ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Nov 5, 2023

60 by Akuya »»
Yesterday, 7:19 AM

» ending (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 )

leyaf - Apr 2

101 by eslam722 »»
Apr 15, 6:02 AM

» What would the characters favorite anime be?

TASM18 - Apr 5

25 by kush_void »»
Apr 7, 6:13 PM

» about episodic version of final chapters

taru_otaku - Nov 19, 2023

8 by Adrena »»
Apr 5, 7:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.