Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2010 5:47 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
last episode of the chapter black saga....so close to the end

I'm gonna tear up

RtheO
Jun 11, 2010 3:42 PM

Aug 2009
And so, pretty much everyone involved in this arc lived happily ever after... except, of course, for Murota (the guy who could read minds), who was killed and eaten by Gourmet while he was trying to help Yusuke and the others. It seems that Koenma, when it comes to resurrect people, only cares about the kids.
"I know about people who talk about suffering for the common good. It's never bloody them! When you hear a man shouting "Forward, brave comrades!" you'll see he's the one behind the bloody big rock and the one wearing the only really arrow-proof helmet!"

-- Rincewind gives a speech on politics. (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Jun 11, 2010 5:43 PM

Jun 2008
Threepwood said:
And so, pretty much everyone involved in this arc lived happily ever after... except, of course, for Murota (the guy who could read minds), who was killed and eaten by Gourmet while he was trying to help Yusuke and the others. It seems that Koenma, when it comes to resurrect people, only cares about the kids.

ya, there was a key reason Koenma needed to resurrect Amanuma though, so that the mafuken wouldn't be powerful enough to capture Sensui,

RtheO
Oct 5, 2010 3:38 PM

Mar 2010
yusukes thinking is getting twisted

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 19, 2011 12:28 PM

Jun 2008
They couldn't kill the kid in the end. Damn pussy's!
Funniest shit was giving that psycho doctor a happy ending. WTF? That guy killed people and he was loving it. And how exactly did he went back to becoming a peaceful doctor that heals people? His a psychopath that loved killing and cutting open people. Such a guy can't just stop.
Are you bloody shitting me?
Jan 2, 2012 7:42 PM

Feb 2009
Im not sure how I feel about the fact that everyone became good guys... especially that doctor...

I guess I can buy the "Sensui messed with their border-line twisted minds"

meh...
Mar 29, 2012 7:15 PM

Jun 2011
The real fun begins now...
Sep 6, 2012 10:58 AM

Mar 2012
I can tell Itsuki's gonna have himself a lot of fun with Sensui's body.
Jun 20, 2013 11:13 PM
Apr 2012
endings like this piss me off, its such a cop-out. now my least favorite episode.
Jul 16, 2013 11:03 PM

May 2012
That scene at the rooftop is kinda eerie. What if Yusuke suddenly becomes like a bad guy.
Aug 8, 2013 10:04 AM

Mar 2013
This arc is definitely the best imo. The only let down is the ending fight, kinda underwhelming for me. I mean its the last battle man, Sensui being defeated so easily like he was nothing.

Rasco said:
yusukes thinking is getting twisted

Oh yeah thats what I think too. Prefer to have a fair fight rather than world peace. Great -__-
Aug 24, 2014 8:19 AM

Dec 2012
Although I appreciate the epilogue's closure on each character from this arc, I still couldn't get behind the happily ever after bit. I guess the only explanation I can think of for Doctor turning good is that he finally awoke from a dream and decided to bury his old self within those wanted posters. Also it looks like Sniper doesn't change his ways and continues to hunt down vermin.

I like how Hiei destroys the video tape, that was like his way of saying that it only shows one side of humanity and that it's not something that needs to be remembered in such a way. Yusuke's psychological dilemma looks like it's going to pose an interesting turn of events.
Apr 10, 2015 6:30 AM
Nov 2010
The arc was pretty interesting. I wonder what's gonna be in the remaining episodes, as it could've ended here, too.
Apr 10, 2015 4:12 PM
Jul 2018
Everyone acted too wild in these last episodes of the arc.
Apr 25, 2015 6:45 PM

Aug 2013
It is a shame we will not get to see Kido, Kaito, and Yanagisawa using their psychic powers again from what it seems in this episode.

One has to wonder what exactly King Enma is responsible for with Koenma previously being in charge of most daily matters.
Jul 3, 2015 6:52 PM

Jul 2010
lancer081292 said:
endings like this piss me off, its such a cop-out. now my least favorite episode.

I know right, probably my least favorite arc I hope this last arc is better.
Jan 6, 2016 10:54 PM

Dec 2012
So after all that Kaito's powers never came in handy. Seems like a waste.

And damn, seeing that dead cat was so sad...

Overall this was easily the best arc in the series so far. There were a lot of interesting concepts explored and good development for some characters. It had a strong start, but things started to go south for me as soon as Yusuke was resurrected.

I was never one to hate happy endings though lol. Still, Yusuke seems far from happy.

BanjaJan 7, 2016 2:50 AM
Aug 3, 2016 7:06 PM

Dec 2014
Banja said:
So after all that Kaito's powers never came in handy. Seems like a waste.

Overall this was easily the best arc in the series so far. There were a lot of interesting concepts explored and good development for some characters. It had a strong start, but things started to go south for me as soon as Yusuke was resurrected.

I was never one to hate happy endings though lol. Still, Yusuke seems far from happy.

I think the same exactly
Love... hurts... so...
Nov 29, 2016 4:42 AM

Dec 2014
18 episodes to go! I'm so close to being done with this that I can taste it!
Apr 28, 2017 8:45 PM

Dec 2013
This was actually my favourite arc. Only problem for me was Yusuke's power up needed more foreshadowing.

Jun 23, 2017 12:37 AM

Sep 2015
Glad to see all the loose ends being tied up.
Jun 28, 2017 9:54 AM
Nov 2015
Gonna have to see Irabu-sensei to erase this bad taste.
Jun 28, 2017 9:58 AM
Nov 2015
StevenHu said:
It is a shame we will not get to see Kido, Kaito, and Yanagisawa using their psychic powers again from what it seems in this episode.

One has to wonder what exactly King Enma is responsible for with Koenma previously being in charge of most daily matters.

Kido, Kaito, and Yanagisawa will always have a special place in my heart. Kaito v Kurama is one of the best. It's also bad that they never go back to the house Baa-chan designed.
Jun 28, 2017 10:07 AM
Nov 2015
Watching a couple of terrorists talking about how "it was fun in its own way" is horrible.
Watching said terrorists deny their crimes by saying "dreams are something you wake up from" is fukkkkkiinigninginginign detestable.
Jun 28, 2017 10:37 AM
Nov 2015
Favorite things:
1. Baa-chan's spooky house and every thing/pp/event within it.
2. Sensui, almost everything before the fkkkk Shinobu appears.
3. Kurama's brain
4. First half of the second Yuusuke's fight w Sensui + Sensui's decoy and the abduction of Kuwabara.
5. Hiei's rescuing Yuusuke from Sniper.
6. Most of the originals in the Gang of Seven: Sniper (truck) > Gamemaster = Doctor > Seaman > Gourmet, but every fukkking one of them is so much fun (and/or sadness)
Jun 28, 2017 10:48 AM
Nov 2015
Bad things:
1. Baa-chan's spooky house is never seen again, Kaito's trio doesn't get any chance after the doctor fight.
2. Hiei is grossly underused
3. The cave is not as beautiful as the house + too much daylight, never really scary.

SHIT:
1. Shinobu
2. The deads revive like hydra
3. Fukkking huge interesting themes like the worth of humanity, extremism, black and white relativity end up in purgatory. On 1 side we get a guy who just wants to fight, on the other a guy with incurable shitty disease who just wants to die.
4. The tease about Sensui, as information about him gradually comes up, from Koenma's message, from Koenma's mouth, from Itsuki's mouth, is dealt the final nail by the god-awful Shinobu.
5. The tease about how Yuusuke will deal with killing a human being is fukkking discarded and in the end he managed to keep his hand clean by a fukkking excuse.
6. Power up like shit, stand-in-one-place fights, no-brain fights somehow still survive and haunt the end.
7. Seeing my life source and happiness and joy for 48 hours crashing down into hell. THIS DAY WILL LIVE IN INFAMY.

ALL'S SHIT THAT ENDS SHIT.
Sean_NessmanJun 28, 2017 11:06 AM
Jun 28, 2017 10:52 AM
Nov 2015
TravSavage said:

Yup. eternal homosexual interracial necrophilia
Aug 10, 2017 12:56 PM

Jun 2016
Episodes 67 - 85 were by far the best episodes in the series so far. With fights being based off of smarts, it didn't completely remove all the asspulls, but there were a lot less of them. The story wasn't randomly pieced together like the Spirit Detective arc with an arbitrary non sequitur at every turn, nor was it purely one weak fight after another basing its fighting system off favoritism to main characters. Rather the story was a naturally occurring adventure, that had much less focus on fights. It was a journey of finding leads, trying to figure out how to stop Sensui and before that figure out who he even was, and having logical fights that make sense that come naturally from the storytelling. Sensui himself was a much more intriguing antagonist than Toguro before we got his backstory. We already had ideas about him and he had depth, Toguro up until near the end was a generic bad dude and nothing more. Unfortunately Sensui loses nearly everything he has in a 7 personalities plot twist and a faulty hidden reason for why he did what he did to gather sympathy at the end. And speaking of, nearly the entire Sensui fight(except the first episode) was a dick swinging DBZ contest of raw strength, asspulls and fake hype, all of which were mostly avoided within this arc making it exceptional. This fight took place for nearly ten episodes, that's a long time for the worst fight in the show thus far. The Toguro fight was a close contender though, that one being an angry dick swinging contest. Who gets more angry wins! To slap me in the face, one big thing I applauded was the fact that they seemed to be committed to killing Amanuma(which is very out of character for the show), but at the very end it turns out that they even revived him.

The conclusion episode of the arc, as always, was actually really good. Very cheesy, and weird at times with Kamiya getting away scot-free after killing all of those innocents(I assumed he was going to turn himself in), and the weird Mirai Nikki/School Days ass Itsuki/Shinobu ending. That girl and Hagiri should like, be real detectives, not just animal detectives. But point is, Yuyu knows how to tie up loose ends in a satisfying way. Despite a horrible last 10 episodes, the arc ended pretty alright.

But due to the absolutely adorable scene where Kuwabara was carrying sleeping Hiei like a little kid, 10/10 arc.

Feb 8, 2018 4:46 AM

Oct 2012
Itsuki and Shinobu, definitely #nohomo xD

Welp, time to go to demon realm again
"Signature removed"
Oct 16, 2018 8:35 AM

Nov 2016
Liked the idea that every character got a proper closure, but they could've handled it way better.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 11, 2019 4:49 AM

May 2010
Yusuke should've killed the doctor and Itsuki too. This arc was a huge waste of time. He is way too merciful.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 17, 2019 8:55 PM

Jul 2017
"Eat a whole lotta fast food, go to school"

This arc was a mess. This epilogue didn't change that. The side characters endings were pretty much either uneventful or nonsensical. The doctor was the latter. The only good one was the video game kid, and I guess Sea Man too, as there are a resolutions to those stories. Sniper's story was both uneventful and weird (Hiei totally seemed to kill him and I don't see why that punch was pulled - it even fit Sniper's wild west tough guy nature). Also Devilman appears again in the Sensui ending.

Tons of themes were half-baked and unrealized.
What actions are we responsible for? (probably the main theme and most developed)
Child soldiers/black and white morality (done okay but placed aside at times)
"My fight" (Yusuke's weird macho thing was annoying)

Previously, the main theme has been the nature of masculinity with each of the four heroes representing that in a different way. Here's that's just kind of tossed out the window with Yusuke acting like a loser and not learning lessons that he seemingly had learned. The show generally stopped developing characters at the end of the Dark Tournament. We have Yusuke behaving the same way, various characters flopping back and forth between ideals (Hiei), and then Yusuke's transformation pretty much going away. Koenma growing up is the main development here, and that's good.

Also, there's a weird error (at least in the dub). Sensui is stated to have "decades" of experience over Yusuke, yet he is only 12 years older than him.

I'll finish this series, but it's really jumped the shark and gone to just fighting as the theme. It's almost the story of Ryu (Street Fighter) but done way worse.
Jun 3, 2019 6:23 AM
Apr 2016
Aaaaaaaaaaand the aftermath of everything! Seems like everyone's doing good and starting their life properly again, except for Yuusuke, who's conflicted. Well, seems like Yuusuke only seeks to fight more and more, he really doesn't fit in the human world.
Oct 15, 2019 2:13 PM

Jun 2015
G_Spark233 said:
This was actually my favourite arc. Only problem for me was Yusuke's power up needed more foreshadowing.

Yep, the most foreshadowing thing we get is Sensui's uncertainty on battling Yusuke at Irima Cave
Jan 13, 2020 4:03 PM
Dec 2019
I appreciated seeing the epilogues of the characters we probably won't see again, but I don't feel quite right about Kamiya getting a happy ending out of nowhere, nor do I really understand Sniper's deal because that character just was not developed at all.

But I am very interested to see where it all goes from here. Overall, this arc was my personal favorite, even with its flaws and unrealized potential.
May 1, 2020 6:13 AM

Mar 2020
and everyone lived happily ever after
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Sep 10, 2020 2:27 AM

Apr 2020
That is the end of Chapter black saga, so i guess next arc is gonna involve that S-Class Yokai or something. I hope he is not a disappointing villain.
--AbiSa--
Sep 10, 2020 2:31 AM

Apr 2020
Sean_Nessman said:
TravSavage said:

Yup. eternal homosexual interracial necrophilia

inter-special lol
--AbiSa--
Jan 12, 2021 6:39 AM

Dec 2007
"nice" end for great arc, one of best arc out there.

seems that yusuke going to drag the story with looking for his source of power.

i'm so close to end it's sad :(
Aug 12, 2021 11:05 PM

Aug 2018
It was nice to see how everyone ended up after the battle

Dec 21, 2023 11:52 AM

Nov 2012
and so... all the new characters introduced in this arc will conveniently disappear before the start of the next arc...it felt like that was mostly what this epilogue ep was trying to communicate, lol.

can't say I have super high hopes for this final arc after feeling a bit disappointed overall with the sensui arc.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Feb 5, 11:55 AM

Mar 2022
Well not much I can say that hasn’t already been said about this entire saga. Cool we’ve got basically scenes of Sensui’s former allies and I guess the three boys that Genkai taught previously and the like in a sort of thing: “Where are they now?” sort of thing. Although I don’t know why Doctor of all things gets an ending even though he’s a psychopath and he loves killing people and had witnesses see him commit these acts I feel like he got off lightly there and Sniper as a whole doesn’t really get that much development to his character but okay I guess he’s now back to school or whatever. I guess I can say that I’m looking forward to Yusuke trying to find out the demon that possessed him in his fight with Sensui.

Other than that, nice little epilogue sort of episode to the entire arc again kind of already said my piece on the entire arc in the previous episode discussion thread so yeah that’s all I got.
Mar 23, 6:06 AM

Apr 2017
Most people got a happy ending, and are content with a peaceful life. The former bad guys were content with being good guys, with the exception of sniper. I think it's heavily implied he goes on to become a bounty hunter, especially when reading the manga.

Yuusuke reminds me of Yumi from Pink:

yusuke

Yumi from Pink

Both of them can't take ordinary and boring life seriously. Though Yumi is much crazier than Yusuke.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 37 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 26, 2009

25 by RedPandaGoddes5 »»
Yesterday, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 111 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Jun 7, 2010

41 by Xeehad »»
Yesterday, 3:42 PM

» This show revived my love for anime

Maboo_D_Luffy - Apr 25

7 by Thatboidriz »»
Yesterday, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 107 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Jun 7, 2010

23 by Xeehad »»
Apr 28, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 104 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Jun 5, 2010

39 by Xeehad »»
Apr 28, 9:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.