Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2010 10:15 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Enki seems like he'll be an appropriate king but even more important, how cool is Yusuke's new energy? I mean, it makes sense that he'd attain sacred energy but it also makes sense that his would be different from Sensui's, since he's part demon. So what can we call it? Sacrilegious energy?

RtheO
Jul 16, 2010 4:33 AM

Aug 2009
So... Yusuke lost, Enki won the tournament and that blue ogre was the narrator all along. Like M. Night Shyamalan would say: "What a twist!"
"I know about people who talk about suffering for the common good. It's never bloody them! When you hear a man shouting "Forward, brave comrades!" you'll see he's the one behind the bloody big rock and the one wearing the only really arrow-proof helmet!"

-- Rincewind gives a speech on politics. (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Oct 8, 2010 8:27 PM

Mar 2010
I wanna just let out a huge roarrr man last ep, next

Father and son i wish i HAD a relationship like that

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 21, 2010 7:36 PM

Mar 2010
they should of some how found a way for Yusuke to combine his demon and spirit energy into a new form of energy would of been a great finally imo

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Jun 15, 2011 2:57 AM
Feb 2011
next time you watch this epsiode you should listen out for the big mistake.

which is at the end where the anouncer is talking about him they say hes still 14 when his 15th birthday was the day he left for the demon world and then he was there for 1- 2 years
Mar 10, 2012 5:54 AM

Jul 2010
wow that has to be the craziest ending for a tournament in anime, Yuske got knocked for week and then its over lol. The ending to the tournament actually does make sense if you think about it, part of it is luck. Cant believe there is only one more episode left!!!
May 26, 2012 2:08 AM

Jun 2010
Wow this doesn't work. A while ago we were told that if Yomi won he'd conquer the human world but there's been zero narrative pressure on that which is why this whole tournament has felt pointless. Now it tries to bring that back up? And it invokes all the characters who were deliberately discarded in favor of all this messing around in the demon world?

This series is addicted to messing around and leaving things half-finished to jump off to something else. If it weren't fairly good at almost everything it tries, it'd be infuriating.
Sep 7, 2012 9:17 AM

Mar 2012
This is the kind of penultimate episode that makes you feel all fuzzy inside.
Dec 20, 2012 8:41 AM

Apr 2011
So I was right. Yusuke lost. Though that red dude winning was a surprise. What is there left to do? Yusuke gonna hang out with Kuwabara and Keiko for three years?
Jul 10, 2013 7:51 PM

Nov 2011
Threepwood said:
...and that blue ogre was the narrator all along. Like M. Night Shyamalan would say: "What a twist!"

LOL
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 23, 2013 3:53 PM

May 2012
I was surprised. Jorge was the narrator all along! And I was expecting that Yusuke will lose afterall. He made a promise to go back anyway so there is no purpose for him to win. Finally, on to the last episode!
rebelakumaJul 23, 2013 3:57 PM
Sep 27, 2013 4:21 PM

Apr 2013
Ogre was narrator, troll winner, awesome episode. A shame I'm almost done.

But what in the hell was Yusuke doing in those gay ass purple shorts?
Aug 25, 2014 3:06 PM

Dec 2012
Nearly spat water everywhere when it showed Enki as the winner. The conclusion of Yomi vs Yusuke was satisfying but I still feel like the epic fights ended with Sensui. Even though Chapter Black was thoroughly more enjoyable, I do like how this one turned out given the episodes remaining. The main focus being Yusuke stirring up a radical change in the Demon Realm that has transformed it from a place of horrors to one of earnest battles.

With only one episode left, I can't help but want to stop here. The nostalgia of seeing through on a series that has taken me 12 years to turn from a Saturday night cartoon into a full fledged anime experience is hitting me hard now.
Feb 18, 2015 6:56 AM
Aug 2007
Well, that was interesting... conveniently added a small time skip to get out of having to show the rest of the tournament, not surprised Yomi won in the end against Yusuke, and yeh it looks like luck is a huge factor on who ends up as the winner because it seems like the matches are one after the other..

Yusuke didn't have any reason to stay there as a ruler anyway considering his promise to go back.

LOL'd at Jorge being the narrator.
Apr 28, 2015 10:05 AM

Aug 2013
The Three Kings Arc has been a thorough disappointment in these most recent episodes. It is utterly ridiculous how Yusuke received yet another sudden power-up in which he somehow creates a new form of energy that was never alluded to before.

So with all the demons restricted from causing mischief in the Human World, I suppose they will still be eating humans?
I don't see a three-year-long diet being the explanation here if it is indeed the sole food source for a great number of demons.
Jan 12, 2016 10:19 PM

Dec 2012
StevenHu said:
So with all the demons restricted from causing mischief in the Human World, I suppose they will still be eating humans?
I don't see a three-year-long diet being the explanation here if it is indeed the sole food source for a great number of demons.

Yeah, I'm still pretty unclear on the demons chowing on humans thing. I mean, was Hiei running around eating people this whole time?

Yusuke vs. Yomi wasn't fantastic, but it was alright. It's nice to see Yusuke remembered what he fights for. The twist ending was pretty cool. It's also nice that Kuwabara is still brought up.

Jorge being the narrator was hilarious!
BanjaJan 12, 2016 10:31 PM
Sep 11, 2016 3:21 AM

Oct 2012
What a lackluster final arc =/
May 6, 2017 4:53 AM

Dec 2013
This final arc felt rushed but watching Yusuke and Yomi beating each other up was fun and the winner was actually unexpected.

Yusuke and Koenma saying goodbye was emotional to watch ;_;

Only one more episode to go...
Jun 23, 2017 8:33 PM

Sep 2015
Dam that was such an epic fight, really thought Urameshi wouldve won but I guess it wouldve been boring since hes already taken out Toguro and Sensui. Lol Jorge with the straight face and narrating at the end was funny.
Jul 9, 2017 12:02 AM

Dec 2014
That was great and a very satisfying and emotional conclusion the arc. I really wish this arc could've been longer and little more drawn out since it was definitely my favorite.

Holy shit! I did not know Jorge was the narrator till now. XD
Aug 16, 2017 2:16 PM

Jun 2016
Knew Yusuke would lose, and although I wish the theme of victory isn't everything was in the show some more, this was a great way to end it. This arc would of easily been the best, with a cast so strong, if only it had been much much longer. Shame it was so rushed. Yusuke vs Yomi had some silly moments, but it was still one of the best fights in the show, very touching. I loved Rinku dangling off Chu's arm well watching and how Hokushin was crying and saying "Yusuke, what an amazing peson you are". Seriously, I know this wasn't the final episode but, despite all of it's faults, mostly from the rushed pacing, this was good. Real shame, this arc had some of, if not all of the best ideas from the show. Onto the finale!
Jan 19, 2018 3:00 AM

Dec 2012
LMAOOOOOOOOOO Jorge is the narrator what a twist!

Feb 10, 2018 4:50 AM

Oct 2012
Wait what? Afterall this time, it's Jorge's voice? The narrator is Jorge? Oh wow I never expected that xD
"Signature removed"
Oct 22, 2018 3:39 PM

Nov 2016
Jorge being the narrator is the highlight of this episode xD

Even if I had some issues with this final arc, I must still admit that this episode was well done and hit right in the feels.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 3, 2019 3:18 PM
Apr 2016
So, Yuusuke lost at the end, well, honestly expected, I can't imagine him being some supreme demon ruler, haha. Kurama trolled Hiei really well, that was hilarious. Climactic ending I daresay, Yuusuke & Kurama returning to human world, and Hiei staying at the demon world.
Oct 25, 2019 3:27 PM

Jun 2015
daleb729 said:
next time you watch this epsiode you should listen out for the big mistake.

which is at the end where the anouncer is talking about him they say hes still 14 when his 15th birthday was the day he left for the demon world and then he was there for 1- 2 years

Is this on the dub. Did not see in the sub
Oct 25, 2019 3:28 PM

Jun 2015
This episode is listed as a filler. A closure filler episode is not something you see everyday.
Anyway, party is coming to an end *snif*
Dec 31, 2019 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
Yusuke waking up in bed kind of freaked me out, as I've had similar experiences (though a shorter time frame). Enki is cool. i also love that the series is explained as the documentation created from Koenma, Botan, and George. Very cool.
Jan 15, 2020 8:06 PM
Dec 2019
I'm super satisfied with this, honestly. Enki becoming king is so out of left field but not hard to imagine, and I have the feeling that Demon World will be seeing a great deal of reform from here on out (if that is even shown in the final episode).
Apr 10, 2020 2:05 AM

Jun 2014
In manga it was implied that Mukuro couldve won if she goes all out. Meeting Hiei made her soft hearted.
May 5, 2020 12:29 PM

Mar 2020
Jorge is da real MVP
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Sep 5, 2020 7:54 PM

Oct 2009
Jorge is actually the narrator o_o

Love the scene when Kurama rejected Hiei's "love confession". I don't swing that way bro hahaha
Sep 16, 2020 3:36 AM

Apr 2020
Loved the fact that they had Kuwabara there! best boy.
The power ups were not that great tbh
I had a feeling Enki will win.
Why the hell can't they reveal Hiei as Yukina's brother to her. What the hell is with that?

HOLD ON JORGE IS THE NARRATOR!!!!!!! YOOOOOOOOOO
--AbiSa--
Feb 10, 2021 6:37 AM

Dec 2007
though having some powerups to lose, and that's ok, great fitting last battle :D

AbiSa said:

HOLD ON JORGE IS THE NARRATOR!!!!!!! YOOOOOOOOOO
my thoughts exactly O_O
Sep 1, 2021 9:15 PM

Aug 2018
That fight was so insane. What pure manliness. This anime is so damn great!

Sep 2, 2021 6:43 AM
Sep 2007
Yusuke lost in his own tournament... Well, at least the guy who won seems to be nice. Whoever he is.
Never mind he won only because Yomi was too tired after fight with Yusuke.
Oct 18, 2022 8:02 AM

Jan 2021
This is kinda sad man I don’t know how to explain it the tournament was really fun it was also cool to see those Kuwabara flashbacks and I guess lets watch this final episode
Dec 5, 2022 1:30 PM
Nov 2022
best conclusion possible, wish yomi didnt get knocked out by some random insignificant demon but i guess it made sense for him to find himself.
ALSO I FUCKING LOVE KUWABARA
Jan 16, 12:22 AM

Nov 2012
decent for a finale fight I guess, the animation looked great!

I'm actually so sad it's coming to an end, although this arc definitely felt like a lot of squandered potential, I guess that's due to rushed nature of it's source material.

Although with the way this ep ends it defo feels like it was left open to revisit, with the shura journey, them planning to meet again at the tournament in 3 years... I know there's some OVAs or something, maybe that's covered in that?

I'm defo gonna move onto all the specials & OVAs so will see what they have in store soon!

the jorge narration towards the end lmao, it's the same VA isn't it? Can't say I'd noticed that before
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 13, 1:22 AM

Apr 2017
I mean, I knew that Yusuke wouldn't win. Yomi was obviously going to beat him.

Though the anti-climatic ending is funny. I thought for sure it'd be Mukuro vs Yomi. Though it being Enki is a funny sense of irony. And he did the best for demon world.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 10 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 13, 2009

26 by pkrocque »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Yuu Yuu Hakusho Episode 100 Discussion

Kaizoku-Ou - Jan 27, 2009

44 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 21, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 53 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Nov 1, 2009

33 by Osk_Social »»
Apr 20, 6:38 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 99 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Jun 2, 2010

24 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 20, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 98 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 31, 2010

27 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 19, 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.