Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2010 7:39 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
One last tournament....hell yeah Yusuke

RtheO
Oct 6, 2010 6:25 AM

Mar 2010
yeah should be a great tournament ending

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 20, 2011 6:34 AM

Jun 2008
Togashi sure loves his tournaments. Well this one will be a lot more epic now though. Still seeing the episode number i see that is not enough to have a really epic tournament so i wonder. I hope is not some hasty ending.
May 25, 2012 7:06 PM

Jun 2010
This whole demon world bit has represented a burst of creativity on Togashi's part; he bascially ended Yu Yu Hakusho by throwing almost everything away and began a new story with three of the same characters to save time (and even at that, they suddenly have different personalities). Having taken such a drastic turn, what he comes up with another tournament?

Man, whatever. At least it's probably going to be fun to watch.
Sep 22, 2012 11:49 AM

Sep 2011
Okay that's just stupid
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Feb 27, 2013 9:21 PM

Aug 2012
I know that yu yu hakusho's trademark is tournaments but I honestly think it would have been better to go in a different direction for the last arc like a war between the three kings.
Jun 24, 2013 2:33 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
At least the fox girl announcer is going to be back ^^
Hope to see Toguro there as well, maybe even stronger or at least low S class.

Jul 9, 2013 6:38 PM

Nov 2011
so those Raizen's pals is stronger than Mokuro and Yomi, and Raizen was much stronger than them all..
but after all, more likely that Shura will be the last opponent of Urameshi Yusuke ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 23, 2013 12:03 PM

May 2012
Yusuke really loves tournaments. Hopefully it's more interesting than the Dark Tournament despite the few episodes left.
Aug 25, 2014 3:47 AM

Dec 2012
A tournament among the best? It's funny how Yusuke has flipped everything on its head and completely changed the mood of this arc. It felt like this was just going to be a morbid bloodbath, but now it sounds like an earnest battle. A fitting way to wrap YYH up, but with 8 episodes left I really wonder how it's going to go down.
Feb 14, 2015 12:57 PM

Sep 2014
Monad said:
Togashi sure loves his tournaments. Well this one will be a lot more epic now though. Still seeing the episode number i see that is not enough to have a really epic tournament so i wonder. I hope is not some hasty ending.

Length != epic. The Dark Tournament arc would have been good if shrunk into half the time. I'm glad it's going to be short.
Feb 16, 2015 9:33 AM
Aug 2007
I'm not liking this "Yoda, what does the scouter say about his spirit points?" nonsense, as if the class grading system wasn't enough because everyone is now an S-class...

Anyway, a tournament is a good way to end it.. I wish they hadn't introduced Shura though, very unnecessary
Apr 27, 2015 6:10 PM

Aug 2013
I can't say this was what I imagined Yusuke would propose. I also did not enjoy how Kurama's gang immediately jumped on Yusuke's bandwagon.

It is rather ridiculous how many S-class demons have popped up. With so few episodes left, I wonder how many will actually be showcased.
Jan 10, 2016 6:48 PM

Dec 2012
Great idea on Yusuke's part. He probably managed to save countless lives.

Despite hating the Dark Tournament, I'm actually excited for this one. I think the shortened length will actually aid it, and this time we have mostly established characters participating, not just a whole bunch of random nobodies. Too bad Kuwabara's missing out on this, but this is a demon tournament after all.

And hell yes, I can't wait to see Koto again.
May 4, 2017 6:15 AM

Dec 2013
This new tournament arc came out of nowhere! It doesn't feel like there is enough episodes left after introducing these new characters.

What a shitty wife!
Jun 23, 2017 5:20 PM

Sep 2015
Rip the three way war. Nice plan of Yusuke's lol rip the treasure. Dam this is gonna exciting.
Jul 2, 2017 8:03 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, this arc could've been so epic. I'm loving it so much just as it is, such a shame there's only 8 episodes left and what possibly is an out of nowhere tournament wrap up and ending.
Aug 14, 2017 1:30 PM

Jun 2016
Have to admit, I'm really disappointed. Not only is this horribly ridiculous, and rushed, but instead of going somewhere really fresh and cool for the series, we get a rushed tournament arc. Another tournament. I'm real disappointed with this, so many great ideas just to be wasted. Tournament could be fun I guess... but I am letting down all hopes for this arc. Seriously, hey guys lets do a tournament, alright lets drop all of our plans for demon world domination and do this instead, coo I'll see you there. Man, I'm just disappointed as hell. Rushed war arc>rushed tournament arc. Moment where Yusuke had his reunion with Jin and Chu was pretty adorable.
Sep 10, 2017 5:41 PM

Apr 2017
i'm mixed on the idea of a tournament arc. On one hand, it seems lazy to make another tournament happen in like a quarter of the episodes. On the other, the fights will be super short and probably have better animation, direction and it's so ridiculously huge with a bunch of new and recurring characters that it's changed the tone of this arc from what was the most serious to the most fun. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Koko seems like a bitch, but goddamn, she's the hottest female in the show easy. Botan, yukina and juri are all pretty good too though
Big breast are full of dreams, but small breast are full of hope.
Jan 18, 2018 5:37 PM

Dec 2012
The power level is too damn high lol the measuring thing broke

Feb 9, 2018 7:50 AM

Oct 2012
Another tournament! Great! I like it

The scouter.. it's too much.. the power, it's over 9000? Right :P

I'm still hoping that Toguro lil bro will appear
But that's probably asking too much :(
"Signature removed"
Apr 7, 2018 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
and yet another tournament.

2nd_reviewer said:
I was pleasantly surprised when I first watched this show, as I was expecting another typical DBZ clone that was heavy on action but light on the plot and character development. Amazingly what I discovered was the first shounen action anime that was ever able to hold my attention for over 100 episodes.

i cant believe the BS people type in reviews
Oct 21, 2018 11:31 AM

Nov 2016
Yeah, another tournament. I love it that they end this show in such a cool fashion.

Can't help to think that it will end up being underwhelming with so few episodes left.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 3, 2018 11:29 PM

Jun 2017
I dont know about you guys, but i thought this was hilarious.

We went through all this build up and character backstories, just to do another tournament arc in the end lmaooo
Jun 3, 2019 11:50 AM
Apr 2016
Well now, this suddenly became way more interesting. Yuusuke knows how to liven things up, doesn't he? haha. Well, only 8 episodes left, which is really saddening...I feel like the last tournament arc is going to be rather pushed :(
Aug 8, 2019 8:01 PM

Jul 2014
The story's gotten so lame. Nothing makes sense anymore. The characters are so inconsistent with how they've been carved out to be throughout the series. I still don't understand why they say Yusuke is Raizou's son. That's not how ancestry works lol but I'm past the point of caring. Just wanna finish this stuff now.
Dec 16, 2019 10:48 PM

Jul 2017
Whoa, somehow I forgot to comment on a few of these despite watching them over the last few weeks. I was excited to see Yusuke enter the cyberpunk demon city, though it was odd to see a new tournament spring up. I kind of like Yusuke's idea; it's probably what makes the most sense as a more fair form of rulership for the demon realm. At the end, it was cool to see Raizen's friends from long ago.
Mar 10, 2020 8:22 AM

Apr 2018
I didn't saw that coming I guess Togashi wanted to end this manga so he decided to quickly finish this arc by having a huge demon Tournament which is not bad but thinking about different ways how this arc could have gone and become one of the most interesting arcs I am just little disappointed and it feel lazy writing after building this arc greatly only to become another tournament arc
May 5, 2020 8:05 AM

Mar 2020
Damn a whole ass tournament in 8 episodes? these fights about to be fast as fuck lol we need Kuwabara in this bitch
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Oct 1, 2020 2:07 AM

Apr 2017
How does...uh...how does it fit?
Oct 2, 2020 1:22 PM

Apr 2017
I can't think of a worse possible way to end the show. No, I take that back; If it turned out to all be a dream that would be worse. So this is only the second worst way. Good job, Togashi.
Jan 14, 2021 8:00 AM

Dec 2007
interesting idea for yusuke.

for us though, if we weren't to know there are 8 episodes left we would except big arc as the dark tournament arc, luckily we know that so it won't be bad as that arc was :p
Sep 1, 2021 9:09 PM

Aug 2018
Lmao at Kurama and the gang talking to eachother in notes.

Mar 31, 2022 5:03 PM
Feb 2022
Se viene un ultimo gran torneo. ¿Quién será el nuevo rey del mundo del mal?
Oct 17, 2022 9:51 AM

Jan 2021
This is really cool but how will they fit this tournament arc in just 8 eps I guess we’ll see

Nov 21, 2023 5:07 PM

Jul 2021
I get why most people are dissapointed by this but it's understandable knowing Togashi's condition. Still, I would've loved to see more of the Makai.
AzafuseKingToraNov 21, 2023 5:11 PM
Dec 27, 2023 9:44 AM

Nov 2012
Not the biggest fan of it going the tournament route. The arc does feel rushed and poorly thought out, but I still can't help but love YYH, such a great series with a lot of charm..despite all its faults. I'm gonna for sure be melancholic when it's over.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Mar 23, 10:40 AM

Oct 2023
It's definitely a sudden turn of events, but coming from Yusuke, it absolutely feels like something he'd want to do. It felt like this was also being loosely set up by what Kurama and Yomi were discussing before. Only so many of the yokai are going to be able to fight on par with the kings or their subordinates.

I can only hope this tournament is as fun to watch as the last!
Apr 11, 3:40 PM

Apr 2017
Yeah... You can tell this ending is rushed. But it's still fun I suppose.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 32 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 24, 2009

42 by KoniginElle »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 76 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 19, 2009

32 by Xeehad »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 77 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 19, 2009

29 by Xeehad »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 96 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 31, 2010

16 by TheStarscream759 »»
Yesterday, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 75 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 16, 2009

26 by Xeehad »»
Yesterday, 3:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.