Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 26, 2023 1:54 AM
Aug 2015
This chapter has probably the best scene I've ever watched on any anime where they explain how it's rude to think that just because you are gay you are going to fall in love with every girl that you meet ( obviously that's not how it works) but also, I can't believe that they also included the discussion on how it's not just that "you happened to fall in love with someone that's the same gender as you"
In some Yuri that's what they say, they don't acknowledge that the characters are lesbians, they just say that they happened to fall for a girl buuuuut in this episode Rae clearly said that she's gay, that she likes other women and that her affection is related to gender, that she would never fall for a guy!!! This was so amazing! I recorded it on my phone and sent it to my Gf!!
Oct 26, 2023 3:45 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to MrHunterxHunter
cooldogmom said:
Interesting that they talked about how Rae was gay. I was not expecting that conversation at all. It was sweet of Claire to defend Rae despite the fact that she was weary about it. So why is everyone in the comment section arguing? I don't get it? Its not that deep, right?

they think the anime is pushing an agendašŸ˜­ it's clear most of the people here only watch the usual shonen trope type yuri
@MrHunterxHunter Wait what agenda are they trying to push?? Why is everyone so offended, I literally don't get it lol
This never updates so that's cool
Oct 26, 2023 5:33 PM
Sep 2019
Oh my, that was quite heavy. Didn't expect it to get that deep so early on.
And quite painful. I feel so much for Rae.

But Claire standing up for her might mean a happy end... she may have a crush on Thane atm, but she is totally falling for Rae.

The first half was pretty boring, tbh, I'm so not interested in the guys, and would just some slice of life from the girls. But the second half... damn.
Oct 27, 2023 8:04 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to cooldogmom
@MrHunterxHunter Wait what agenda are they trying to push?? Why is everyone so offended, I literally don't get it lol
@cooldogmom The "sudden" and "deep" conversation about Rae being gay probably made them so shocked they think it's pushing an agenda, even though the series delves into deep topics all the time.
Oct 30, 2023 10:05 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to cooldogmom
@cooldogmom That particular scene felt incredibly heavy-handed and had all the subtlety of a sledgehammer. It's not a bad thing, morally, to make socially conscious content, but that doesn't mean the work doesn't suffer from such an approach. There is an interesting dynamic where yuri content typically just isn't that "gay" though, or maybe it's more correct to say that it's not necessarily LGBT friendly/representative, at least compared to what you might expect from the west. The author is definitely pushing an "agenda" here, but if you're mad that a yuri LN/anime is actually pro-LGBT, then you're probably an asshole. lol
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 31, 2023 12:10 PM
Apr 2022
I love the deep talks about sexuality. It was very nice to see.
Oct 31, 2023 9:42 PM

Jan 2019
This episode gave me the ick.
Nov 4, 2023 12:54 PM
May 2020
Was not ready for shit to get real like that. Damn.
Nov 5, 2023 4:29 AM

Apr 2018
I see the cancer is infecting Japanese media as well.
Nov 6, 2023 10:17 PM
Feb 2023
Sex discussion kinda denial
Nov 7, 2023 12:56 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Mihaeroff
@Mihaeroff I actually disagree. Its mostly just in select yaoi and yuri stories. I do really hope youre right though.
Nov 10, 2023 5:57 AM
Feb 2022
VERY NICE !!!!!!!!!
Nov 13, 2023 12:58 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to LuzNoceda
Listen, I like this series, I'm queer, but this conversation doesn't work so well considering Rae's previous behavior. Obviously, she would never go so far as that, but literally five minutes before this scene she was rubbing up on Claire's hand which Claire clearly didn't like. Just feels kind of hypocritical. It sucks that such a good conversation was paired with this context.
@LuzNoceda thank you, my exact same sentiment.
I get what they wanted to do, but after hearing the girl reprimand her I paused and screamed "What do you mean?!".
Very hypocritical.
Nov 14, 2023 3:04 AM
Jan 2023
anime is very good
Nov 16, 2023 1:49 AM

Aug 2019
"Are you what they call gay" is hilarious, I really liked this episode. I like that a yuri story is actually talking about what it's like being gay.
Nov 20, 2023 6:50 AM

Nov 2012
"Oh I don't want my LGBT content to be this preachy, it should be more subtle" lol. LOL.

You guys are STILL debating whether or not a zombie girl who literally died of gender dysphoria is trans, even after the staff literally drew her with a trans flag to hammer it in.

Half the time y'all also debate over the inclusion of a "girls love" tag for any WLW series where two girls are obviously in love, unless they explicitly make out, while throwing "romantic subtext" on any MLW series where a guy so much as accidentally touches a girl's chest.

Just say blatantly queer content that isn't fetishized to appeal to straight people makes you uncomfortable and go watch one of the 5 "dude gets all the chicks" anime that come out every season - this one isn't for you.
Nov 22, 2023 12:18 PM
Jun 2012
"Nope, I was lying." - Maiden of Pure Heart and Nobled Intent
Nov 29, 2023 5:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's sad for Rae that she's pushing Claire towards Thane but I really liked the talk at the end regarding her homosexuality and Claire's bias towards it and how it needs to be treated the same as if she liked boys etc, that was very mature from this show and I didn't expect it, not to mention some good development as well regarding the characters relationships!
Nov 29, 2023 11:29 PM
Jul 2023
The discussion about rae's sexuality + her being comfortable speaking about it and abt past experiences that made her suffer cause the other girl she liked didnt usually liked her back its so relatable, specially if you also went through puberty while discovering your sexual orientation, especially being a lesbian and the prejudices about it, even tho it was briefly i really like that this topic was included and brought up so naturally so casually (as it should be) into the plot.
miz7kiNov 29, 2023 11:33 PM
Nov 30, 2023 8:10 PM

Jul 2014
Wow I was not expecting a mature conversation about sexuality in this anime. I'm pleasantly surprised.
Nov 30, 2023 9:26 PM

Sep 2022
It'll be so awesome if Miss Claire and Rae Taylor ended up being more than just classmates. I love this yuri anime and enjoy how the story is progressing so far.

Also, Rae already pretty much knows how to play the games when challenged by other students in the academy such as Prince Rod for instance. Because the real Rae in the real world overanalyzed the game that she pretty much know how the algorithm works when playing with other students.
Dec 2, 2023 11:00 AM
Jun 2021
lixo morra mora morramorramooramooramorramoramorra
Dec 11, 2023 12:53 PM

May 2020
For some reason, these characters talk in a way as if they are familiar with Rae since ages, and that honestly looks stupid.

By the way, they should've toned down the usual comedy if they wanted people to take the, "I'm gay, and I'm accepting it" segment even a tad serious.
Dec 18, 2023 6:41 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Claire has every reason to fear Rei considering she behaves like a goddamn sex offender.
Dec 25, 2023 9:27 AM

Mar 2015
I don't really like Rae's character visual in the anime, her resting face make her look like a psycho imo. I was fine with her visual in the manga.

It irks me, but I just have to get used to it I guess
Dec 27, 2023 8:36 AM

Sep 2012
that ending, still a M lol
Dec 27, 2023 9:23 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to Ashhk
It's sad for Rae that she's pushing Claire towards Thane but I really liked the talk at the end regarding her homosexuality and Claire's bias towards it and how it needs to be treated the same as if she liked boys etc, that was very mature from this show and I didn't expect it, not to mention some good development as well regarding the characters relationships!
@Ashhk Claire issue is she doesn't know that she is gay yet, that's why she is that emotional about it, she obviously has feelings for Rea but she doesn't know how to deal with it when she thinks that she is strait, she is hell of a confused young lady
Dec 30, 2023 3:41 AM

Feb 2018
So first the writers do not understand chess or a deck of cards. Guy picks up black queen and moves it as mate. Then flash the board, no queen block, no white mate on queen. Then they move to cards, where other dude AND Rae both have an ace of hearts in their starting hand. She points out he is cheating, but he never took a card. That means duplicate cards in a deck? If you are gonna cheat, do it a little better than a way everyone would be left scratching their heads.
Dec 30, 2023 2:36 PM

Mar 2013
Reply to Mihaeroff
@Mihaeroff Japan created this while west "feminist" where still inside their mother.
Wich is pretty fun when they remake serie while ruining every part about subject like this (Saint seya Netflix)
Jan 2, 7:28 PM
Apr 2021
Never seen an anime talk about being gay before and not beating around the bush about the subject which was interesting to me tbh

Rae is just so funny to me and Claire getting super flustered whenever Rae says she loves her is funny to me but endearing at the same time :))))
Jan 7, 6:40 AM

Feb 2020
Ok, so far I'm not really a big fan of Rae's character, but I'm really surprised how they took the discussion about homosexuality seriously. It's nice seeing an anime actually talk about this societal issue so seriously instead of making the show plain Yuri sexualization bait. It made me feel represented as a bisexual man.

I still can't like Rae as a character though, I personally don't like how she forces herself onto Claire. Maybe it'll get better as I watch more episodes though, so who knows.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 29, 5:55 PM

Aug 2019
it seems to be picking up now. claire defends mc.
id be bored and slightly annoyed at the talk near the end but it was used well to develop their relationship

HiljainenSipuliFeb 29, 5:58 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 8:21 AM

Sep 2014
Good question Misha, I do wonder if she actually tries to ship Thane and Claire and just wants to admire claire beeing happy or get loved herself

Some real gay talk? Wow thats rare, I dont think I have ever seen that in anime ever.

This show is way more serious than I expected, I mean actual real yuri love, not just bait and teasing? And the subject beeing discussed as well? Wow
Comander-07Mar 15, 8:30 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 29, 9:43 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to Dashiva761
So first the writers do not understand chess or a deck of cards. Guy picks up black queen and moves it as mate. Then flash the board, no queen block, no white mate on queen. Then they move to cards, where other dude AND Rae both have an ace of hearts in their starting hand. She points out he is cheating, but he never took a card. That means duplicate cards in a deck? If you are gonna cheat, do it a little better than a way everyone would be left scratching their heads.
@Dashiva761 I was wondering is someone would notice how the author don't know anything about chess. I mean, Rae is playing white pieces. First, she does a check with her queen and the next move from the opponent is a checkmate. I don't even think it's possible. Unless moving your King out of the way magically give a checkmate... probably 0.00001% chance of happening.
The next funny thing is at 02:22, you can see that white has lost 13 pieces, but there is still 5 pieces, totalling 18 pieces (pawn + pieces). A game of chess has only 16 white pieces.
If you look at the board, you can also see that black has only lost 6 pieces.
Black is totally crushing her...
Managing to "check" an opponent doesn't mean anything. It's not being good. If your opponent is up 15 points of material, you don't ask them if they want to resign because you "check" them once. You resign. But, I guess, the animator didn't even know how chess work considering most of the black pieces are not even in the center of their case...and black has only 15 pieces. So, they were able to get the wrong number of pieces and they didn't even manage to have the same number of pieces between black and white.
It's really pathetic.

Also, it's impossible to figure if someone is going easy on you on chess. Unless you have a reference of other game they played.
Author is probably less than 100 ELO (probably negative doing illegal move). It's infuriating. Don't try to make your character smart if you can't back it up.

Apr 17, 12:23 PM
May 2018
DrAkiMakura said:
"Miss Claire, how would you feel if a man told you, "Don't molest me?"
"But what you said to Rae a moment ago was the same sorta thing."

??????????

What in the gaslight what this shit?
Claire is LITTERALLY getting sexually harrassed and stalked by Rae the entire time, and she's supposed to just take it because... Rae is gay?
Bro what...

Way to miss the bloody point. Claire was just fine sitting next to her before all that Jazz. It her stating she’s actually gay that made her feel reviled.
Apr 17, 12:25 PM
May 2018
LostSpectre said:
@DrAkiMakura Got to say, I never expected something this woke to come out of an anime. It straight up gaslights one character, despite her comedic reaction being 100% justified, and then has another character start saying some shit about how gender doesn't matter when it comes to love and that the person Rae fell in love with just happened to be a girl, because they wanted to directly attack the argument of people who try to delegitimize a girl/girl pairing. Those entire 5 minutes felt completely out of context for what came prior, like we're just hearing a lecture on gay rights with these characters as mouth pieces.

The LN is widely loved in LGBT circles, and with this type of pandering, I can certainly see why.

You’re just using a bunch of buzz word improperly because you’re to juvenile to handle a topic being handle with care.
Apr 17, 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to AfroWarrior27
LostSpectre said:
@DrAkiMakura Got to say, I never expected something this woke to come out of an anime. It straight up gaslights one character, despite her comedic reaction being 100% justified, and then has another character start saying some shit about how gender doesn't matter when it comes to love and that the person Rae fell in love with just happened to be a girl, because they wanted to directly attack the argument of people who try to delegitimize a girl/girl pairing. Those entire 5 minutes felt completely out of context for what came prior, like we're just hearing a lecture on gay rights with these characters as mouth pieces.

The LN is widely loved in LGBT circles, and with this type of pandering, I can certainly see why.

You’re just using a bunch of buzz word improperly because you’re to juvenile to handle a topic being handle with care.
@AfroWarrior27 Yeah, because being bludgeoned over the head by a full blown woke monologue was "handled with care".
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 17, 1:53 PM
May 2018
LostSpectre said:
@AfroWarrior27 Yeah, because being bludgeoned over the head by a full blown woke monologue was "handled with care".

Even more buzz word, please. If you think discussing basic human decency is being bludgeoned or is apparently some “woke” monologue, that says A LOT a more about you, than the anime.

Imagine being so insecure about an anime discussing topic just because it doesn’t cater to your desire.

The world doesn’t revolve around you, you’re just another anti-woke Stan. I bet the only time you can accept lbgt theme is if it’s played for comedy, which again says a lot about you.
Apr 17, 2:11 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to AfroWarrior27
LostSpectre said:

Even more buzz word, please. If you think discussing basic human decency is being bludgeoned or is apparently some “woke” monologue, that says A LOT a more about you, than the anime.

Imagine being so insecure about an anime discussing topic just because it doesn’t cater to your desire.

The world doesn’t revolve around you, you’re just another anti-woke Stan. I bet the only time you can accept lbgt theme is if it’s played for comedy, which again says a lot about you.
@AfroWarrior27 I literally couldn't give a shit if someone is LGBT, you're making an ass of yourself with these idiotic assumptions. The problem is in the execution, so it's a complete strawman to make it about the fact it's a gay speech. It's "woke" because it's heavy-handed, forced, and tonally dissonant, to everything that preceded it. This is exactly the problem with other woke content, it prioritizes socially conscious messaging, representation, etc. to the detriment of good storytelling. Don't expect a reply back if you continue to spew bullshit, if you want to debate me on the nature of the scene itself, then provide an actual argument, not this ad hominin bullshit.
Apr 17, 3:34 PM
May 2018
LostSpectre said:
@AfroWarrior27 I literally couldn't give a shit if someone is LGBT, you're making an ass of yourself with these idiotic assumptions. The problem is in the execution, so it's a complete strawman to make it about the fact it's a gay speech. It's "woke" because it's heavy-handed, forced, and tonally dissonant, to everything that preceded it. This is exactly the problem with other woke content, it prioritizes socially conscious messaging, representation, etc. to the detriment of good storytelling. Don't expect a reply back if you continue to spew bullshit, if you want to debate me on the nature of the scene itself, then provide an actual argument, not this ad hominin bullshit.

Please it’s only a straw man because you don’t like it discussing lbgt. Your so full of it.

It’s literally no less heavy handed than how FMA characters discussed racism or war. Or are you going to claim that apparently not the case.
Because you’re a-okay with that being discussed but not a character’s sex?

You can’t and won’t answer because you know your statement is full of shit just like most “anti-woke” people.

Not replying will only further prove my point. Notice how you couldn’t even name me a show that proves your okay with the discussion of LBGT.
Apr 18, 4:38 AM
Mar 2023
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
Apr 27, 9:40 PM

Dec 2020
Interesting. The direct approach for even more topics usually untouched. I can appreciate that.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2023

61 by PureElusion »»
May 1, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2023

156 by Muow »»
May 1, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 23, 2023

69 by keynutil »»
Apr 18, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Oct 30, 2023

67 by AngelTomori »»
Mar 24, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yuyuichi - Dec 11, 2023

79 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 21, 1:22 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.