Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 28, 2010 7:21 AM

Jan 2009
errr so Isshin's shikai is getsuga tenshou dont tell me his bankai is like ichigo as well
May 28, 2010 7:30 AM

Aug 2007
fags trolling each other again.
well isshin's zanpakuto is similar to ichigo's??

May 28, 2010 7:35 AM

Nov 2008
1) Got it. Chapter 116. Notice that Rukia has a brief flashback about Kaien when he says he won't die. Fitting a reference to a completely different character into that scene would be a little awkward. That other exchange is in the next chapter, but somehow that's not the way I remember it. I'll look up some other scans or the anime or something (the DS game actually showed Kaien's face in this scene, but it also made up abilities for characters so screw that).
EDIT: got the anime episode too. It's ambiguous, but Ukitake's shock comes around the same time Rukia's flashback in the manga did, Ichigo's appearance and personality are really similar to Kaien's (no way Ukitake wouldn't make the connection) and the guy was Byakuya's senior too, so I'm sticking to my theory.
Not that it proves your idea wrong or anything (Shinji not recognizing Isshin is the only part that doesn't quite fit, but he might just be lying). Kind of a useless argument.

2) I never said it's not a manifestation of the reiatsu or anything. Just that the second Hyourinmaru may not have existed. Then again, maybe it did. I should probably watch the Zanpakuto arc before I go on talking about the blades.

3) Yeah, though it would imply that his zanpakuto is already in shikai (doubt that) or that it's special somehow. But if Ichigo's shot a getsuga in the sealed state too, they might as well be special in the same way.
Nyuu3May 28, 2010 8:01 AM
May 28, 2010 7:39 AM

Jul 2009
Framework of a Bleach chapter:

1) Someone attacks Aizen
2) Aizen is unscathed (did you really think that'd hurt him?)
3) Someone else attacks Aizen
4) Aizen is unscathed (did you really think that'd hurt him?)
5) Trash talk ensues. (may or may not include the words "Did you really think that'd hurt me?")
6) "Plot twist" most likely stolen from a "Bleach theories" forum. (may or may not be taken for bullshit by the readers; use with caution)

Chapter eleventy-million/END

Lol, I can't really say much about this chapter except that I was bored. On the subject of Isshin's GT, I don't think we have the right to bitch that much about it until we've heard Kubo's explanation for it (which may or may not be stolen from a Bleach theories forum), but I like contributing to the shitstorm (which is usually very much deserved).

My only problem is that Ichigo's ONLY move is now even more useless that it was before, poor kid.
RizzleMay 28, 2010 7:42 AM
May 28, 2010 7:51 AM

Nov 2008
Rizzle said:
My only problem is that Ichigo's ONLY move is now even more useless that it was before, poor kid.

Just wait until next chapter when it turns out to be the only thing capable of damaging a heavenly being like Aizen or the Spirit king.
"Heaven piercing moon fang" and all that.
May 28, 2010 7:57 AM

Jan 2009
Mammoth said:
Rizzle said:
Just wait until next chapter when it turns out to be the only thing capable of damaging a heavenly being like Aizen or the Spirit king.
That would (no matter how cool it might actually be) be rather disappointing : |
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 28, 2010 8:00 AM

May 2010
Thought of another possilbe reason for Isshen being able to use that technique. Zanpacto's are supposed to be part of a shinigami soul (was mentioned alot especially in the zanpacto arc, even though its not considered cannon). So since Isshen is Ichigo's father, maybe Zangetsu is the son of Isshen's Zanpacto? Again it really hasn't been stated if theres been other cases of shinigami/human offspring (other than Ichigo), and since shinigami seem to be able to have kids, maybe zanpacto are capable of it on some level as well. :o
May 28, 2010 8:17 AM
May 2010
Mammoth said:
1) Got it. Chapter 116. Notice that Rukia has a brief flashback about Kaien when he says he won't die. Fitting a reference to a completely different character into that scene would be a little awkward. That other exchange is in the next chapter, but somehow that's not the way I remember it. I'll look up some other scans or the anime or something (the DS game actually showed Kaien's face in this scene, but it also made up abilities for characters so screw that).
EDIT: got the anime episode too. It's ambiguous, but Ukitake's shock comes around the same time Rukia's flashback in the manga did, Ichigo's appearance and personality are really similar to Kaien's (no way Ukitake wouldn't make the connection) and the guy was Byakuya's senior too, so I'm sticking to my theory.
Not that it proves your idea wrong or anything (Shinji not recognizing Isshin is the only part that doesn't quite fit, but he might just be lying). Kind of a useless argument.

2) I never said it's not a manifestation of the reiatsu or anything. Just that the second Hyourinmaru may not have existed. Then again, maybe it did. I should probably watch the Zanpakuto arc before I go on talking about the blades.

3) Yeah, though it would imply that his zanpakuto is already in shikai (doubt that) or that it's special somehow. But if Ichigo's shot a getsuga in the sealed state too, they might as well be special in the same way.

1 ) Ah, I see my mistake now, I forgot that Rukia was the one that said "This is?! Can it be?" I thought it was Ukitake (I haven't read that chapter in forever) This is where my misunderstanding came from, thanks for correcting me :D (Always loved the look on Rukia's face when she realizes it's Ichigo. XD)

2 ) Oh, I thought you were talking about the manifestation of reiatsu, I was confused by what your previous post said. Now I understand what you were talking about and yes you have a point there as well.

Hopefully one of my theories are correct (I'd just love to see how they play out I guess?)
KitsenMay 28, 2010 8:24 AM
May 28, 2010 10:56 AM

Nov 2007
Not much development in this chapter. Aizen will most likely recover again.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
May 28, 2010 11:00 AM

Aug 2007
This chapter was actually alright. Gin kind of let Ichigo off easy -- which isn't too surprising -- and Isshin can use Getsuga Tensho? lol I wasn't expecting that really.
May 28, 2010 11:21 AM

Sep 2009
Oosran said:
Mammoth said:
Rizzle said:
That would (no matter how cool it might actually be) be rather disappointing : |
That wouldn't be merely disappointing - that would be an utter bullshit, but it would be fun to see how much more ridiculously pathetic it can get.
May 28, 2010 11:35 AM

Mar 2010
Boring!!! Getsuga Tensho!!?? Waaa Isshin's technique yeah :D:D but what? Haven't I heard that before? (sarcasm) :/
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
May 28, 2010 11:53 AM

Jan 2009
ReaperEXE said:
Gin totally called it on this chapter...

And this one epic line will become the summary of the whole series.
May 28, 2010 12:19 PM

Jul 2009
Seriously that Getsuga Tensho was jokes. Aizen's posturing couldn't really get much more cliched in this chapter though.
May 28, 2010 12:53 PM
May 2010
Ummmm....isshin wasnt using his shikai >.>
All he did was gather spirirt energy around his blade and give it the name getsuga tenshou

That means any soul reaper could do what he did and give it that name

And also,its every week with this crap,you complain about"this chapter sucks...what is he doing blah blah blah the stories slow blah blah"

If it sucks so bad then why do you come back every week,just to complain about how bad it sucks?
May 28, 2010 1:00 PM

Feb 2010
yeah the first two pages got my hyped and then it was like no.
booo :/

i think the zanpaktou thing was kind of cool..i mean i think it could have been much worse.

Mammoth said:
Rizzle said:

"Heaven piercing moon fang" and all

i could DEFINITELY SEE THAT HAPPENING, i hate it when that happens though :/
May 28, 2010 3:49 PM

Sep 2009
It's really repetitive...Every chapter is one set of move combos and Aizen is just like, c-c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker in everything they do.

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!
May 28, 2010 6:54 PM

Feb 2008
gin is so awesome.
May 28, 2010 7:40 PM

Apr 2009
Was bored for most the chapter, but it was interesting to see Isshin using Ichigo's attack....
"Bond between father and son" indeed....
May 28, 2010 11:08 PM
Mar 2009
Getsuga- *Oh please don't say it...*
Tensho!!- *SON OF A _____!*

That pretty much summed it up for me.
May 29, 2010 4:33 AM

Dec 2007
Alright chapter Isshin using Getsuga Tensho was well interesting I guess but at least Aizen took some damage (maybe) and yeah that's all I got for this week.
May 29, 2010 5:08 AM
Jan 2008
Wasabi said:
So what was the point of even bringing Matsumoto up if we're not going to focus on Gin anytime soon.

Gin will stab her.
Preferably with his sword.

Then we get to see if he's evil or not.

^--the above may happen IF TITE KUBO CAN WRITE.

But he can't, so enjoy your overpowered bastard.
May 29, 2010 8:04 AM

Feb 2008
Kikimaru said:
Gin will stab her.
Preferably with his sword.
teehee
May 29, 2010 10:09 AM

May 2009
WTF is Matsumoto doing?

And I was surprised to see Isshin's Getsuga Tensho, but I doubt it's enough to defeat Aizen.
May 29, 2010 2:28 PM

Mar 2010
Aizen will be ok even from Isshin's attack, so predictable
May 29, 2010 5:41 PM
May 2008
he did not. he did not. he did not.
he did NOT just use Getsuga Tenshou!
May 29, 2010 11:10 PM

Jul 2009
Even though ichigo was the first to use getsuga tensho, I think Zangetsu is probly the power to mimic others; Renji has a monkey-snake, it follows hte snake style with the monkey flexability/mobility, Hyourinmaru is a ice dragon, etc. Old Man Zangetsu.. how does being old represent compression other than the disks in your spine being crushed and damaged? if anything, doesnt that represent mastery of a variety gained threw experiances? ichigo obviously grew up with his father, wouldnt it be most likely that he subliminal started understanding his fathers raitsu?

Next, Hollow and Zanpakuto are both part of the same power source.. as Ichigo started fighting Arrancar, his hollow rapidly advanced, and after fighting ulquiorra, his mask gained the same horns. although one thing against that is that from Tousen, we know that they are complete opposite sites.. his zanpakuto was to seal scenes, and his hollow was to increase them. but on that note, if zangetsu is compression, his hollow should make things just flat out explode lol

Also, while talking about ichigos hollow advancing, I think that since the hollow and zanpakuto are linked, that when he defeats an enemy with zangetsu, the hollow part devours their raitsu to evolve more (cause could ichigo really keep evolving on his own if his hollow was eating at him to evolve itself? lol)

Ichigo even stated that when he clashes zanpakuto with people that he could feel the emotions put behind them.. he resignates with each zanpakuto he fights with, he probably just doesnt realize it fully yet.

Anyways, it would be a good reason for Aizen to be so interested in ichigo, so sure, why not?
May 29, 2010 11:31 PM

Jan 2008
I saw "Getsuga..."

then held my breath for a cool upgraded form of Getsuga Tenshou with a different name.

Alright Kubo, you finally successfully trolled me. I don't usually fall for your shit, but this time, I actually held my breath.
May 30, 2010 2:02 AM

Oct 2008
Oh wow, was really taken back by Isshin using Getsuga Tenshou.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 31, 2010 2:20 PM

May 2009
why do I still read this -.-
May 31, 2010 8:28 PM

Aug 2007
Boabdil said:
why do I still read this -.-

You're in too deep to quit now.

At least, that's how I am. Man, I miss the days when Bleach was good.
May 31, 2010 9:37 PM
Nov 2008
We all know that Aizen is unharmed next chapter. u_u
Jun 1, 2010 9:55 AM

May 2010
This is getting RI-DONK-U-LOUS..honestly, Aizen looks like a life-size dildo and seriously, how many hits does that attention seeker have to take before the story line actually develops..

..Come on Kubo, make a plan dude!!!!
Jun 1, 2010 10:16 AM

Nov 2008
Isshin has the real Zangetsu.Ichigo has his son, Zangetsu jr. :D
Jun 1, 2010 10:16 AM

Jan 2009
Witherfang said:
He's probably already got one, and that one consists of keeping this up for another 100 chapters >.>
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 1, 2010 3:13 PM

May 2010
Oosran said:
Witherfang said:
He's probably already got one, and that one consists of keeping this up for another 100 chapters >.>

lol you've got a point, he's got plenty momentum to keep going with this half-assed job.

All i can say is that he had better pull one of the best endings manga has ever seen out of his ass, Aizen is so past his due date..
Jun 2, 2010 2:47 AM

Jul 2008
This chapter was beastly Yourichi showing off her moves Kisuke kido spells and Ichigo's Dad Gatsuga Tensho=Win!!!!

5/5
Jun 2, 2010 9:43 AM

Aug 2008
I hate to agree with so many other people, but this chapter is merely more attempts to kill Aizen when it seems obviously too late. Isshin having the same attack as Ichigo was never hinted at as far as I can tell, but it doesn't strike me as a surprise or a big deal. This really does seem to be the longest arc ever. Did Dragon elongate things this badly in the manga? Sky Island arc in One Piece seemed a never ending story, but from the invasion of Hueco Mundo to the point we're at now... Good god!

At least there's Yoruichi.
Jun 4, 2010 12:29 AM

Apr 2009
Quickfox said:
How long will the 3 continue fighting Aizen until Ichigo comes and steal the kill like always by using some bullshit power that no one ever obtained or ever mention.

Thinking the same thing.

I must say that Aizen looks cooler now, at least he's not just plain white.
Jun 4, 2010 9:28 PM

Jun 2009
"You cannot hurt me"
"I cannot be injured"
"You're attacks do nothing"

WE GET IT NOW STFU.
Jun 7, 2017 7:08 AM

Feb 2013
Isshin used Getsuga Tenshou!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.