Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 21, 2023 11:19 AM

Apr 2020
I've been reading this manga since pretty close to when it began. I really have loved reading it and it's a bittersweet feeling to have it be over. Over 4 years of reading!

I think I like the way it ended, although reading this has been such an emotional load spread out over a long period of time and I'm excited to read it front to back over a shorter period sometime soon. Feel like that will help me sort out what I really think of the story as a whole. The first time around though, I've definitely enjoyed the ride. The Fukiishi arc was one of my favorite parts of the manga, I think it's sweet we got some closure with her. Feeling glad Seiichi is at peace. Loved the color panels at the end and the final illustration of Seiko's blurry face.
Nov 21, 2023 8:03 PM

Jun 2016
I've genuinely been done with anime and manga for a while now. I might watch an episode or two every two or three months, but this was the only manga that I kept reading, and god, I'm disappointed. Maybe I just misread the whole thing, but I was expecting some sort of twist or something more interesting about the backstory of Seiko. Still, I'm glad it's over. I can move on with my life.

Nov 23, 2023 6:39 PM
Feb 2023
I read this manga front to back in one sitting, wow. I'm sad it's over. Such a whirlpool of emotions, such a variety of subjects. Abuse, generational trauma, sexuality, identity, depression, the meaning of love and it's many forms. Not to sound pretentious or anything but damn this was just so good.
Dec 3, 2023 10:27 PM
May 2019
can't believe how lazy and drawn out this manga got towards the end. finally glad it's over
Dec 4, 2023 11:49 AM

Mar 2012
Referring to the entire first 100 chapters as a 'prologue' gave a really bad impression as to how the rest of the manga was going to go down, but I don't hate the ending. I suspect that reading the entire manga in an evening would be good catharsis for someone who has their own baggage regarding their mother. When you've been traumatised so early on by someone who's supposed to be your protector, a life where you don't think about them for a bit really is the best that you can hope for.
JJL > GW > SBR > SDC > SO > DiU > BT > PB
Dec 16, 2023 10:25 PM
Feb 2022
. Sad to see such a great manga get so incredibly boring and drag on for so long. This ending and the last 30 chapters made it become a 6-7/10
Dec 16, 2023 10:25 PM
Feb 2022
Reply to Miskatonic81
I'm glad it's ending, there's really no point to the manga with the mother dead.

I think the timeskip was the worst part of the manga for sure.
@Miskatonic81 last 30 chapters were the worst part of the manga
Dec 16, 2023 10:26 PM
Feb 2022
Reply to HozayfaHB
I'm kind of disappointed with this chapter
As a final one, it should have more dialogues (optional)
But I don't feel like Sei had his happy ending like Oshimi-sensei stories other protagonists
Overall, great story (probably my fav of all Oshimi's) with a bittersweet ending.
@HozayfaHB Personally i was disappointed with the last 30 chapters of this manga
Dec 18, 2023 12:44 PM
Sep 2019
Reply to Co1d
@HozayfaHB Personally i was disappointed with the last 30 chapters of this manga
@Co1d
I can agree to a certain point, but the final one was really a tough pill to swallow
Dec 25, 2023 6:42 AM

Mar 2010
I called my mom. I told her I loved her, and I was thankful that she birthed me.
Jan 5, 9:44 AM

Sep 2015
I think it's fitting as an ending. This was quite a good manga but I wouldn't do a rearead, the story is very drawn out, and the final dozen chapters are too depressing. Felt heavy in the stomach a bit there, I almost started crying at the last chapter and I'm not even sure what for lol. My favorite part was Seiko's backstory, for the nostalgia and melancholy.
can dis sig fit
Jan 10, 4:02 AM

Nov 2019
Magnificent manga. The story and artwork were top-notch. The ending was very sad. He looked after his mother until her demise. Their opening up to each other and being honest about their feelings was profound and tragic at the same time. He managed to move on from his trauma but it still affected him in a strong way living alone for the rest of his life.
Jan 21, 5:34 AM
May 2021
bro i just wanted my boy to be happy. i just wanted him to get with fukishi and just live happily ever after
Jan 24, 4:01 PM

Feb 2010
Honestly a better ending for Seiichi than I thought we'd get. It was bittersweet, but to reach a point where he's content and at peace with himself and the world feels good. This manga was a roller-coaster of emotions.
Feb 4, 8:20 PM
Mar 2015
He is finally at peace
Feb 15, 5:32 AM
Apr 2016
Used to read this years ago but somehow lost track of the manga and reading manga in general. Years later on a random as all-nighter, I decide to listen to nostalgic music that reminds me of a time I used to read manga alot and write names of said mangas/animes. I found this in the reading section and got flooded with the unusually story behind it, I finally started reading again and I couldn't stop, it was quite captivating but overall, that was bittersweet towards the end. Despite her mum causing such a heavy life lasting trauma, I actually felt really bad for her towards the end and I'm glad he took care of her. In the end, he found peace I'd like to think, reading books and just enjoying life and such, he even started to forget her face, kind of showing that he'd moved on at that point. Bittersweet yet a nice ending, it feels similar to something I am in real life right now so this is quite strange, I'll miss this manga and the time I first found it.
Mar 2, 4:52 PM

Feb 2018
And just like that Seii got old, managed to live through his scars and grew old. It's good that he wasn't able to remember Seiko's face, live in peace mr Seii.
Mar 4, 5:19 AM
Jul 2022
uff peero que buen manga.
Mar 16, 2:51 AM

May 2013
It has been a cathartic ride and probably one of the most if not the most heart-wrenching mangas I've read. At least MC is finally at peace with himself and past ghosts.

Mar 20, 8:38 PM
Nov 2018
it was an interesting read, and a quick one also, this author works often have little dialog with lots of panels showing the character expressions, and i have to highlight the great attention to such expressions and their variety, i still remember seiko's face of disgust when she found seichi's underwear, seichi's strugling face while trying to speak, seichi's aunt wide smile and her face of rage when confronting seiko, truly the expressions are the peak of the art in this manga, backgrounds were fine but nothing special.

When it comes to the plot, if there was a message, what was it?
Mar 20, 10:31 PM
Aug 2015
What a waste of my time. Absolute dogshit.

Chapter 16 was the peak. I was on the edge of my seat until the mom got arrested too.

Should've dropped it there cus the rest was plain boring.
prtk_is_freeMar 20, 10:37 PM
Apr 2, 9:20 PM

Aug 2012
KanaeKazama said:
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

What a waste of time and potential. Jesus Christ.

We still don´t know who really pushed the cousing or anything. The mom got away, he lived a fu**ng sad life... he didn´t resolve nothing, no development, NOTHING.

I agree, kind of a waste of time with no conclusion at all
Apr 19, 11:15 AM

Aug 2018
The second half of the manga was so drawn out. I get it, but the manga could have been less than a hundred chapters long. I like the last chapter, but the second half or last quarter of the whole manga was so unnecessary. Meh, whatever.
Apr 20, 12:57 PM

Aug 2018
I think the irony in her story is that she thought she would be something big or there was something exceptional waiting for her and she kept blaming people around her for holding her back. Her family, her friends , her husband, her son. Everyone. She needed to get rid of them. Once she ruined her son's life and disowned him, what happened to her? Nothing, she lived even a more mediocre life but this time alone with a cat. No relationships, no connections , absolutely nothing of value. She's just a lonely cat lady who pisses herself.
I know people wanted her to be punished in jail but I feel like her punishment here was more meaningful to her character. Her daily life was probably worse than that of seichi since she saw how utterly unimportant she's.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

10 by MidnightTv13 »»
Apr 25, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 146 Discussion

Adnash - Jun 1, 2023

22 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 20, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 152 Discussion

CQLLIST - Aug 27, 2023

20 by Kap92 »»
Mar 2, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 151 Discussion

Adnash - Aug 12, 2023

19 by Kap92 »»

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 150 Discussion

GurschachX - Jul 30, 2023

21 by Kap92 »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.