Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2023 7:29 AM

Jul 2021
Oh wow, it's been a while seeing Yuiko, and she’s basically wondering around on what's her childhood belonging, still questioning about Seiichi's existence.. Ending next chapter.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 27, 2023 8:20 AM
Dec 2020
Next chapter is going to be very interesting! We still don't know what is Seiichi doing now since that was her dream.
ArminH5Aug 27, 2023 8:25 AM
Aug 27, 2023 4:13 PM

Oct 2013
It was nice to see Yuiko again. It's been a while.

Despite many years passing, she still treasures Seiichi in her heart.

Next chapter will be the last one. I saw this manga ending in the nearest future, but I thought the story would end with volume 18, not volume 17. But to be fair, it's a good moment to conclude the whole story without dragging it out too much.

ArminH5 said:
Next chapter is going to be very interesting! We still don't know what is Seiichi doing now since that was her dream.
Knowing few other manga created by Oshimi-sensei, I think the last chapter will show Seiichi living in peace with himself, after overcoming his traumas that might have left scars on his heart, but didn't manahe to destroy him completely.
AdnashAug 27, 2023 5:28 PM
Aug 28, 2023 8:18 AM
Feb 2021
I hope seichi dies in the last chapter , so that the trail of blood will end.
Aug 28, 2023 1:08 PM

Jul 2010
Ummmmmmmmmmmm... so that's it? Just like that?

1) I still don't get what was the point "it's just the prologue" line, guess it was just a figure of speech and it was taken at face value by me and few others, whle, in fact, manga was heading towards the end. damn bruv, when your prologue is 13 vols and the rest is just 4... but enough about that.

2) No idea what Fukichi's role was in this story. At first she was dating MC, everyone were worried Crazy Mommy will kill her or something... then MC and her just awkwardly broke up and that's it? H u h. I mean I am glad she escaped this toxic household (otherwise she could end up dead or traumatized), but you almost could cut her off from the story and nothing would really change. I at least hoped she could give Seiichi strength to start his life from the scratch- nope. Not happening.

3) Morale of the whole story totally flew over my head. It's not about acceptance or overcoming obstacles, it's just "life sucks, deal with it". Okay?... I already knew that? Seiko faced absolutely no consequences for her actions. She abandoned her husband and son after torturing them for years and lived her entire life to the fullest... and while I agree, with her mental problems it's still not "ideal", it's very, VERY far away from "shitty" life. 

If author wanted to show a person who can, in fact, fight his depression and overcome childhood trauma, then author failed miserably, because it was never the focus. There's no magic switch for this kind of stuff. 

Can't really call this ending satisfying. We'll see what last chapter is about, but I am incredibly dissapointed, it started off as well written thriller and somewhere along the way author completely derailed somewhere else. 

Also notice how Okaeri Alice also ended not that long ago, author probably lost all the interest in these series or completely tired.
Aug 28, 2023 1:44 PM
Oct 2020
So a happy ending right?
Aug 28, 2023 4:25 PM

Jun 2021
This manga is better to binge, reading it while it is ongoing makes it too difficult for me to form an opinion on it. By the end of the main story before the timeskip, Oshimi is definitely doing some crazy stuff to the story, but whether that's good or bad determined by what happens next, and the ending seems to be pretty...neutral. If the story had ended in that period, then it would be 10/10, but what happens next is too difficult to evaluate. I wouldn't say the story has dropped in quality, but it definitely takes some weird turns.
Everyone sees the beauty they're mature enough to see.
Aug 28, 2023 5:15 PM

May 2008
Dang...was wondering when the last chapter would be. Pretty depressing ngl..wonder if it'll end on a depressing note or not.

Aug 28, 2023 10:10 PM
Sep 2020
It’s been a hell of a journey, I don’t know what to expect with the last chapter. But it will either make or break the story
Aug 29, 2023 12:27 AM

Jul 2013
TheMangaManiac said:
1) I still don't get what was the point "it's just the prologue" line, guess it was just a figure of speech and it was taken at face value by me and few others, whle, in fact, manga was heading towards the end. damn bruv, when your prologue is 13 vols and the rest is just 4... but enough about that.
I'm baffled about this too. Maybe it was a "marketing" thing and Oshimi had nothing to do with it. Maybe something personal forced him to end it abruptly seeing how Okaeri Alice also ended a few weeks ago.

I do think we needed a few more chapters to show how Seichi copes with mourning and grief and how he tries to get his life together, rather than a bland hypothesis by his childhood friend. Themes like psychotherapy and hallucinating about his mother's ghost after her passing could also be explored and with Oshimi's slow pacing this series could easily be stretched to 30 volumes
Aug 29, 2023 7:12 AM

Jun 2021
"His expression...seemed content." I really hope so.
Aug 29, 2023 7:18 AM

Jan 2014
TheMangaManiac said:

1) I still don't get what was the point "it's just the prologue" line,
Yeah, that's weird.

Im disappointed. I was expecting more from this story. Longer confrontation with Seiko, maybe back to hometown? I dont know.
Aug 30, 2023 4:08 AM

Apr 2013
TheMangaManiac said:

2) No idea what Fukichi's role was in this story. At first she was dating MC, everyone were worried Crazy Mommy will kill her or something... then MC and her just awkwardly broke up and that's it? H u h. I mean I am glad she escaped this toxic household (otherwise she could end up dead or traumatized), but you almost could cut her off from the story and nothing would really change. I at least hoped she could give Seiichi strength to start his life from the scratch- nope. Not happening.

3) Morale of the whole story totally flew over my head. It's not about acceptance or overcoming obstacles, it's just "life sucks, deal with it". Okay?... I already knew that? Seiko faced absolutely no consequences for her actions. She abandoned her husband and son after torturing them for years and lived her entire life to the fullest... and while I agree, with her mental problems it's still not "ideal", it's very, VERY far away from "shitty" life. 

If author wanted to show a person who can, in fact, fight his depression and overcome childhood trauma, then author failed miserably, because it was never the focus. There's no magic switch for this kind of stuff. 

Can't really call this ending satisfying. We'll see what last chapter is about, but I am incredibly dissapointed, it started off as well written thriller and somewhere along the way author completely derailed somewhere else. 

Also notice how Okaeri Alice also ended not that long ago, author probably lost all the interest in these series or completely tired.

I couldn't agree more. I think I read somewhere that the author wanted to end his mangas and have rest ? Maybe I'm mistaken. But either way, both of them suffered greatly from their horrible pacing.
Aug 30, 2023 8:35 PM
Mar 2015
The girl he loved still remembers him even though she has moved on
Aug 30, 2023 9:46 PM

Oct 2013
landofthekwt said:
The girl he loved still remembers him even though she has moved on
"Old love dies hard", as they say. She must greatly cherish Seiichi, her first love, in her heart. He had been also an important part of her teenage life, before she became an adult and matured enough to start family with another person with whom she fell in love.
Sep 1, 2023 8:46 AM

Jan 2020
A dream, huh....

Everyone seems to expect that the next chapter is going to be the last chapter....well I guess it's better for a manga to be finished rather than stuck on publishing because something happened to the author...

Now that it seems like the "THIS IS ALL AN ILLUSION" theory has been debunked.....I'm guessing a rather vague type of ending of Seichi's condition and whereabouts.....although there are some bits about Seiko's past.....I think the author could expand more on that.....sigh....a WTF type of ending would be nice at this point....
RandomegaSep 1, 2023 9:14 AM
Sep 7, 2023 6:10 PM
Jan 2021
at this point what u gonna do
Sep 10, 2023 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to TheMangaManiac

@TheMangaManiac it's a bit more realistic manga than giving out good endings or dishing out karma. MC reconciled with his mother, even if he can't fully accept her, and the story is complete
Sep 11, 2023 5:42 PM
Mar 2022
So that means he is free
Nov 21, 2023 10:52 AM

Apr 2020
Can't believe it's really ending! It's been a crazy journey, can't wait to see how it's wrapped up.
Mar 2, 4:51 PM

Feb 2018
The old amore is back. Seii is still such a fond memory of hers huh

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

10 by MidnightTv13 »»
Apr 25, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 146 Discussion

Adnash - Jun 1, 2023

22 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 20, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 153 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Adnash - Sep 7, 2023

73 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 20, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 151 Discussion

Adnash - Aug 12, 2023

19 by Kap92 »»

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 150 Discussion

GurschachX - Jul 30, 2023

21 by Kap92 »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.