Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 24, 2023 8:52 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
The plot goes insane again, every theory so far is correct now. The hood girl turned out to be Tianchen instead as it also explained why she was able to talk normally. Lu Guang also left a photo for CXS to dive and possess him.
Aug 24, 2023 9:38 PM

Feb 2021
Goddamit there was a couple second power outage just as I was finishing writing my comment. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Now I need to remember what I wrote and rewrite it.
Also yeah the subs are off on Crunchyroll

10:55 I thought that this may be a date, but after googling it appears that China uses a year – month – day format so I guess not.
So that was CXS controlling Lu Guang's body? So far we've only seen things how they happened before CXS ever went to the past, so I don't really think this is the case? Plot hole?
Oh damn so this was the brother lol. This explains the mask. How the hell did he change his voice tho?
15:09 What does he mean by "I detest betrayal the most"? Who is betraying who?
Daamn so this is the real Li TianXi it seems. Gotta feel bad for her. So the brother is "betraying" her?
Did they really realize that that was the brother in disguise that easily? Oh well.
19:00 Do Chinese people wear shoes in the house?
Aaand we end on a cliffhanger in the usual Link Click fashion.
I hope we come to understand everything once this season ends.
Excited for next episode!
EmbientAug 24, 2023 9:41 PM
Aug 24, 2023 11:54 PM
May 2021
it's revealed that the hooded girl we were made to think is li tianxi, is actually her twin brother, tianchen. based on tianchen's conversation with qian jin i assume tianxi did something to betray them? although i have to wonder what it could possibly be. maybe trying to expose their plans? that's the only thing i can think of considering her character.

we also find out lu guang left a photo for cheng xiaoshi to jump back into, which means when lu guang saved xiaoshi it was actually xiaoshi saving himself. must have felt weird for him, haha.

i really wonder what on earth is going to happen. like exactly what did lu guang have in mind when setting this up? we all know he's not an impulsive person, so he must have a plan figured out of how to solve everything. the real question is will xiaoshi be able to realize said plan and successfully put it into motion?

i got so scared at the end when that guy whipped his head back around and made immediate eye contact with xiaoshi(as lu guang, lol) through the crack of the door. it was so sudden, i actually jumped a little. it doesn't seem like xiaoshi messed anything up so far, so how could the guy possibly know he's there?

so many questions and no answers. these cliffhangers really are brutal. the only thing i don't like about this show is that it's an original so i have no source material to read ahead in when we're hit with cliffhangers each episode. when it comes to link click, a week just feels like way too long to wait for new episodes!
My 2023 candies:
Aug 25, 2023 12:32 AM
May 2021
I think the cliffhanger was just to scare us or maybe something does change. If Cheng Xiaoshi does switch into Lu Guang when exactly does he switch OUT? When the brother takes him? Or before the blindfold comes off? Or was Cheng Xiaoshi even the one who saved himself at the river. Did he switch out then? Lu Guang seemed normal when he grabbed Cheng Xiaoshi. Also when Lu Guang was fighting the brother at the river he touched him but the brother didn’t posses him there. It was only until after Lu Guang grabbed him he did. Idek if the brother can even control Lu Guang. Idl maybe I’m thinking to deeply into it but I think that’s gonna be the turning factor in the next episode. Cheng Xiaoshi might stay in Lu Guangs body just enough until he gets info from when he’s held hostage.
Aug 25, 2023 1:25 AM

Jul 2022
not that I am getting anything, but a good episode!
Guang, please live ♥
I am out with lanterns looking for myself.

-- emily dickinson --
Aug 25, 2023 1:27 AM

Sep 2021
I think when Tianchen grabbed Lu Guang, Tianchen's power overrode Cheng Xiaoshi's control. I dunno if Xiaoshi got kicked out or just put in the background. But when Tianchen controls someone, the target doesn't remember what happens. I don't believe this is the case with Cheng Xiaoshi's control, because they try not to alter the past in the time studio missions, and causing a blackout to every target would likely mess things up.
Aug 25, 2023 4:51 AM
Aug 2020
I continue to love this season, it’s very exciting to follow this story.

What will happen next ???
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 25, 2023 4:53 AM

Jun 2021
So the pink-haired girl who can speak is actually the twin brother. He failed to bring their target Cheng Xiaoshi whom they can use to return to the past. Unfortunately, it's Lu Guang who's in trouble.
Aug 25, 2023 4:54 AM

Mar 2008
There's a big problem with this season.
Too much mystery, too little drama.
You didn't liked the first season so much just because of the mystery, right? It was because you was invested in the characters and cared about them.

This season showed (only) Tianxi and Tianchen tragic past, but how can we care about them so much if we know so little yet and they're this season villains murdering people?
Aug 25, 2023 6:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh, makes sense that it was the brother disguised as the sister, if being mute like that isn't curable
Aug 25, 2023 7:32 AM
Jun 2021
guess this makes li tian”xi” and cheng xiaoshi going to the women’s bathroom funnier :]
we're connected by the black thread of fate, after all
Aug 25, 2023 8:27 AM
Sep 2022
PaninaManina said:
You didn't liked the first season so much just because of the mystery, right? It was because you was invested in the characters and cared about them.

This season showed (only) Tianxi and Tianchen tragic past, but how can we care about them so much if we know so little yet and they're this season villains murdering people?

It's not a problem. They're just different, that's all
Aug 25, 2023 10:45 AM
Jul 2021
Embient said:
Goddamit there was a couple second power outage just as I was finishing writing my comment. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Now I need to remember what I wrote and rewrite it.

10:55 I thought that this may be a date, but after googling it appears that China uses a year – month – day format so I guess not.
So that was CXS controlling Lu Guang's body? So far we've only seen things how they happened before CXS ever went to the past, so I don't really think this is the case? Plot hole?
Oh damn so this was the brother lol. This explains the mask. How the hell did he change his voice tho?
Daamn so this is the real Li TianXi it seems. Gotta feel bad for her. So the brother is "betraying" her?
Did they really realize that that was the brother in disguise that easily? Oh well.

In season 1, we see CXS possess Shan Shan and he has to argue with himself. Also in Season 1, Qi Ling gets distracted when she sees Duoduo get kidnapped. We later find out that it was cuz she ran into CXS. So far there are several events in the storyline that is implied that they are in a timeloop and certain events are predetermined to happen otherwise it would create a paradox in the story.

What does he mean by "I detest betrayal the most"? Who is betraying who?

Well technically they are twins and he covered his face the entire time and spoke softly (and now we know the reason why).

Do Chinese people wear shoes in the house?

Yes and no. During the early dynastic era like Zhou, Qin and Han, the Chinese removed their shoes because they sat on the ground like the Japanese. However, once they were introduced to foreign cultures (which introduced them to the invention of the chair), the started wearing shoes in the house since the Chinese no longer sat in the house.

In modern times, removing one's shoes and wearing slippers is a recent phenomenon and not everyone in China does it. In the city, it depends on the family. Rural areas where the floor is covered in dirt or may be literally made of dirt, they wear shoes indoor cuz it would be dirty to remove them.

mrbokchoiAug 25, 2023 11:00 AM
Aug 25, 2023 10:59 AM

Feb 2021
mrbokchoi said:
Embient said:

In season 1, we see CXS possess Shan Shan and he has to argue with himself. Also in Season 1, Qi Ling gets distracted when she sees Duoduo get kidnapped. We later find out that it was cuz she ran into CXS. So far there are several events in the storyline that is implied that they are in a timeloop and certain events are predetermined to happen otherwise it would create a paradox in the story.

What does he mean by "I detest betrayal the most"? Who is betraying who?

Well technically they are twins and he covered his face the entire time and spoke softly (and now we know the reason why)

Yes and no. During the early dynastic era like Zhou, Qin and Han, the Chinese removed their shoes because they sat on the ground like the Japanese. However, once they were introduced to foreign cultures (which introduced them to the invention of the chair), the started wearing shoes in the house since the Chinese no longer sat in the house.

In modern times, removing one's shoes and wearing slippers is a recent phenomenon and not everyone in China does it. In the city, it depends on the family. Rural areas where the floor is covered in dirt or may be literally made of dirt, they wear shoes indoor cuz it would be dirty to remove them.

Ooohhh this really makes sense
Thanks for answering my questions!
Aug 25, 2023 11:08 AM
Jul 2021
KennaIsANerd said:
it's revealed that the hooded girl we were made to think is li tianxi, is actually her twin brother, tianchen. based on tianchen's conversation with qian jin i assume tianxi did something to betray them? although i have to wonder what it could possibly be. maybe trying to expose their plans? that's the only thing i can think of considering her character.

we also find out lu guang left a photo for cheng xiaoshi to jump back into, which means when lu guang saved xiaoshi it was actually xiaoshi saving himself. must have felt weird for him, haha.

i really wonder what on earth is going to happen. like exactly what did lu guang have in mind when setting this up? we all know he's not an impulsive person, so he must have a plan figured out of how to solve everything. the real question is will xiaoshi be able to realize said plan and successfully put it into motion?

i got so scared at the end when that guy whipped his head back around and made immediate eye contact with xiaoshi(as lu guang, lol) through the crack of the door. it was so sudden, i actually jumped a little. it doesn't seem like xiaoshi messed anything up so far, so how could the guy possibly know he's there?

so many questions and no answers. these cliffhangers really are brutal. the only thing i don't like about this show is that it's an original so i have no source material to read ahead in when we're hit with cliffhangers each episode. when it comes to link click, a week just feels like way too long to wait for new episodes!

The show has been dropping clues on Li Tianxi's plans all throughout the season. See my reply to another person's post for an explanation on whats going on.

Aug 25, 2023 11:25 AM
May 2021
mrbokchoi said:
KennaIsANerd said:

The show has been dropping clues on Li Tianxi's plans all throughout the season. See my reply to another person's post for an explanation on whats going on.

so basically she wants to stop her brother from turning evil? she wants him to go back to how he was before? sorry if im interpreting your comment wrong.
My 2023 candies:
Aug 25, 2023 12:15 PM

Dec 2020
omgggg just when you least expect it everything changes again. this is all insane i cant wait to see what happens ..
Aug 25, 2023 12:48 PM

Sep 2021
Villains often blame their associates for betraying them when the villain is the one who betrayed humanity.
Aug 25, 2023 2:38 PM
Sep 2018
Honestly I’m so mad that on gogoanime made the subs out of sync like I really wanted to see the whole episode without my head spinning! Obviously I know that the lad was posing as his sister to help sus specs boi here and he kidnapped Lu Guang. Curse being only a English speaker 🙃
Aug 25, 2023 4:17 PM
Jul 2021
KennaIsANerd said:
mrbokchoi said:

so basically she wants to stop her brother from turning evil? she wants him to go back to how he was before? sorry if im interpreting your comment wrong.

It isn't clear yet what her motivation is but it is implied that she wants to save her brother from turning evil (through the drawing that was in the back of the photo)

Aug 25, 2023 5:54 PM
May 2018
Embient said:
Embient said:
Pretty sure it's common to remove your shoes before entering houses in China? I'm assuming they're wearing inside shoes, or perhaps it's because they're children in the flashback and just ignored the rules, maybe!
Aug 25, 2023 7:20 PM

Dec 2020
THIS. SHOW. IS. SO. GREAT.
Aug 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Nov 2021
the plot in this season is so insane. is lu guang getting captured part of their plan, because when does CXS switch out? does the ending imply that the future will change again? i have so many questions
Aug 25, 2023 10:39 PM
Apr 2023
Qiao Ling says that the past that has happened will inevitably exist... Actually, due to the fact that CXS travelled to the past, some events occurred in the first place. We might even wonder if Emma would have died if CXS hadn't possessed her. Could we assume that,to some extent, CXS' future has already been created by himself? Does nothing can change that future? If this is true, even when some things in the past could change, the result will always be the same (at some point). In that case, we have nothing to worry about when it comes to this week's cliffhanger. Lu Guang sacrificed himself to save CXS. However, I think that CXS wants to save LG as well,of course. Would he be able to do it? I really hope so!
SummerMoon00Aug 25, 2023 10:44 PM
Aug 26, 2023 2:07 AM

Feb 2021
Curiouswanderer said:
Honestly I’m so mad that on gogoanime made the subs out of sync like I really wanted to see the whole episode without my head spinning! Obviously I know that the lad was posing as his sister to help sus specs boi here and he kidnapped Lu Guang. Curse being only a English speaker 🙃
You can watch it on aniwave
The subs were in synch for this episode and they usually come out earlier
Aug 26, 2023 2:19 AM

Apr 2009
Why did this season decide to have half of each episode recap the previous one. At least this time it was only 5 minutes but jeez. The pacing has been consistently terrible.

Aug 26, 2023 3:21 AM

Nov 2021
So many twists. Did not expect for the pink haired girl to be a brother in disguise. Now I just feel bad for the real Li Tianxi, she had to endure all the domestic violence and now her brother is just batshit crazy.
Aug 26, 2023 10:35 AM
Jul 2021
I had high hopes for this season. I expected it to be surprising and serious with more intense and mysterious action than season 1. I was ready to give 10 points on my anime list and praise everyone. but those 8 episodes weren't really that good. A lot of logic errors caught my eye and I was disappointed to say it. yes, there are a lot of interesting things in the course of the story right now, but basically there are really big mistakes. first of all, last season was insufficient in terms of connecting to the characters, this season I expected to connect to the characters more, but new ones came instead. As far as I remember, they were in the hospital for 6 episodes, the venue did not change. and instead of slowly answering the questions, they continued to throw bigger questions, in fact, I watched it with excitement, but I was a little uncomfortable because the mistakes caught my eye. I often questioned why we are here. we never properly got into the inner world of the characters cheng anyway but lu guang and Qiao ling never got to know their thoughts properly In season 1, I bonded more with the one-episode characters rather than the main characters. Many people felt the same lack. so season 1 was 10/9 for me. This season is really lacking in processing. I love this anime so much I feel sorry for this anime, even though I don't want to admit it, these are the facts. and they don't focus on female characters at all, which is a serious problem. Instead of appealing to the general audience, it appeals to the female audience. Instead, I wish that such a beautiful anime had characters that were interesting to everyone, but it only has perfect men. At least a girl with pink hair came, I said okay, but the room turned out to be a boy :D at least Qiao lingi should stand out a little more I like that girl. I hope there will be great things in the next chapters and I can proudly put it at the top of the list.
Aug 26, 2023 10:57 AM
Aug 2023
Jin_uzuki said:
Why did this season decide to have half of each episode recap the previous one. At least this time it was only 5 minutes but jeez. The pacing has been consistently terrible.

----not really recap, they just repeat the scenes with more depth and explanation for the viewer to understand by themselves rather than making a character explain everything to the viewer
Aug 26, 2023 11:00 AM
Aug 2023
RiyaSiur said:
I had high hopes for this season. I expected it to be surprising and serious with more intense and mysterious action than season 1. I was ready to give 10 points on my anime list and praise everyone. but those 8 episodes weren't really that good. A lot of logic errors caught my eye and I was disappointed to say it. yes, there are a lot of interesting things in the course of the story right now, but basically there are really big mistakes. first of all, last season was insufficient in terms of connecting to the characters, this season I expected to connect to the characters more, but new ones came instead. As far as I remember, they were in the hospital for 6 episodes, the venue did not change. and instead of slowly answering the questions, they continued to throw bigger questions, in fact, I watched it with excitement, but I was a little uncomfortable because the mistakes caught my eye. I often questioned why we are here. we never properly got into the inner world of the characters cheng anyway but lu guang and Qiao ling never got to know their thoughts properly In season 1, I bonded more with the one-episode characters rather than the main characters. Many people felt the same lack. so season 1 was 10/9 for me. This season is really lacking in processing. I love this anime so much I feel sorry for this anime, even though I don't want to admit it, these are the facts. and they don't focus on female characters at all, which is a serious problem. Instead of appealing to the general audience, it appeals to the female audience. Instead, I wish that such a beautiful anime had characters that were interesting to everyone, but it only has perfect men. At least a girl with pink hair came, I said okay, but the room turned out to be a boy :D at least Qiao lingi should stand out a little more I like that girl. I hope there will be great things in the next chapters and I can proudly put it at the top of the list.

they are literally under a crisis and cannot do past reveals bruh. They don't focus on female characters? Dude Qiao Ling and Li Tianxi literally got the whole season for themselves
Aug 26, 2023 4:44 PM

Apr 2022
well, that just happened.
Aug 27, 2023 4:42 PM
Jun 2023
I have so many questions
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ My Candy ♥
Aug 27, 2023 8:52 PM

Apr 2008
Hmm, so this was the brother, but it also certainly appeared to be the brother giving the photo to Lu Guang. Interesting what the motivation would be there. Part of the games? The sister also having a twin wig would be hard to swallow if not exactly impossible. We also have when Cheng Xiaoshi went back into the twin's past. It seemed like the girl jumped into the mother's body when he lost contact, but it's unlikely she would have been responsible for the deaths if they're painting her as the good twin. Quite a few ways possibilities there, at least. I'm partial to the brother using his now revealed body contact power to either take control of her or steal the power and then take over the mother after her. We've heard something about taking powers, after all, but he notably didn't steal Cheng Xiaoshi's. Maybe he has to make contact when they're using it? Cheng Xiaoshi vanishes, though.
Aug 27, 2023 9:07 PM
Dec 2022
I'm scared for xiaoshi. Does this mean the past has changed, or is it supposed to happen? CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT EPISODE
Aug 28, 2023 2:41 PM
Jul 2016
My first thought when "Tianxi" showed up was that the brother transitioned, not that it was the actual sister. Then I figured it's probably the sister, and somehow she fixed her muteness. Turns out it was the brother the whole time!

We don't even know if he told the truth about the mask and his hypersensitivity. Could have been a big lie to cover his face.
Aug 29, 2023 1:11 AM
May 2021
That cola scene makes sense now.
Aug 31, 2023 5:03 PM
May 2017
Oh shit, plot twist. It was Li Tianchen this entire time lmao. Makes last episode kinda sus LOL. I wonder if Cheng Xiaoshi was his friend from the past? He should have remembered that piece tho.

But yeah, Cheng Xiaoshi kinda messed up the timeline, so maybe he'll end up in the blindfolds this time? Or maybe the timeline is still intact and the cliff hanger was just to make us think it got compromised lol

nice ep 4/5
Aug 31, 2023 7:08 PM
May 2015
PaninaManina said:

I kinda agree with you, I do love the mystery aspect of this season but like you said the thing that made me love the first season were the short stories of other people and CX and Lu Guang helping them with their powers. That said, I don't think this season should've tried to do the same thing as the previous one, the story has clearly moved on from that, and I'm honestly excited to see the two main leads themselves get more focus (especially Lu Guang, whom we know little about), but I do wish the action would be toned down a little. Like, a lot of episode 7 was just fighting, and while it was nicely animated it did nothing to progress the story.
My candies:

Bonus candies:
Sep 2, 2023 11:31 PM

May 2020
So, Lu Guang told Qiao Ling where to come. This Li Tianchen can control by touch, and Lu Guang figured it out. I knew it, that it was the guy all along. Only the girl that came to Lu Guang was really her.

I didn't know Cheng Xiaoshi grew up with Qiao Ling.

How would Cheng Xiaoshi know what to do without Lu Guang's help?
Sep 7, 2023 5:11 AM
May 2021
Plot went brrrrr
That was trap all along bruhhhh
and this time travel concept is utilizing well
Sep 7, 2023 5:12 AM
May 2021
Embient said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣bruh
Sep 7, 2023 2:32 PM

Oct 2017
Yep knew it, it was the brother impersonating the sister. So they want Xioashi to change the past. Also it was him in Lu Guang's body the entire time thus why he knew where to go.
Sep 8, 2023 2:51 PM
Jun 2016
Dude, this show just keeps getting more insane with each passing episode! So, the sister was actually the brother and now Cheng in Lu's body was caught in the room he was hiding in. I cannot wait to see what happens next. This show has one of the most unpredictable storylines I've seen to anything ever!
Sep 10, 2023 9:35 AM
Jan 2023
i was waiting for this to come out on other websites bc the sub was messed up, but turns out it was messed up everywhere so i had to watch on dub
Sep 11, 2023 9:53 PM
Oct 2019
fortunately this episode picked up. i don't know how all the pieces fit though, at all
Sep 16, 2023 6:06 PM
Mar 2023
The way that guy was looking at me was SO scary X)
Sep 24, 2023 12:03 AM

Jun 2020
Yeah I understand why that girl can suddenly speak now, lol.
Wait, Tianchen is searching for Tianxi, right? I mean, Tianxi was found by random strangers and now in the police office... why he can't find his sister all these time even with Qian Jin's help?
Sep 24, 2023 5:20 AM

Jun 2020
A lot better than last episode. I am so confused about everything though related to the brother. I’m glad that Ling is treating the sister nice at least.

But that cliffhanger, wow. I’ve been waiting to see what happens if Xiaoshi messes up forever now, ever since first season. Hopefully the show follows through with it.
Sep 28, 2023 1:49 PM

Apr 2019
damn, that brother was such a jackass. im sorry girlie. she just looks to cute to stay mad at.
feel like theres going to be some weird up time loops coming up like steins gate but we'll see

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Oct 3, 2023 8:06 AM
Oct 2019
Bruhh the PLOT TWIST!!
So that's why "Li Tianxi" can speak earlier.

The Cliffhanger every episodes is crazy.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» About the villain actions

PedroAnimated - Dec 1, 2023

5 by mrbokchoi »»
Apr 23, 3:55 PM

» japanese dub release

Ackerman9 - Apr 10

19 by mshfqtny »»
Apr 20, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Aug 17, 2023

78 by Angel_SM »»
Apr 7, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Aug 10, 2023

69 by Angel_SM »»
Apr 7, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Jul 20, 2023

83 by txsha »»
Apr 7, 5:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.