Forum Settings
Forums
Land of the Lustrous
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2023 5:58 PM

Jul 2019
Chapter is out! Besides the ongoing story/suffering, I found the visuals better than normal. What are your opinions?
Aug 23, 2023 9:02 PM

Dec 2020
i like that the story started about crazy talking rocks then they went to the moon and now it's devolved back into being about crazy talking rocks. the story this time was just a drop of info but i'm guessing phos is probably going to finally die at the end of this.

either way translator note says there's no new info on when the next chapter will be out, i hope it's sooner than later we're so close to the end.
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.
Aug 23, 2023 9:22 PM

May 2018
its out already? where?
⚠ This user has received numerous reports of abuse and harassment. Please report any guideline violations to MAL staff.
Aug 24, 2023 10:44 AM
Dec 2021
The parallels to chapter 98(?) are crazy. This chapter made me tear up man...
Aug 24, 2023 5:15 PM

May 2019
Come on, why this chapter was not the end already?

It has all the "fin" vibes.

I'm afraid the author spoils it trying to add anything more.

Dastyy said:
The parallels to chapter 98(?) are crazy. This chapter made me tear up man...

The "goodbye lunarians" moment?
Aug 24, 2023 8:22 PM
Aug 2021
I’m liking the direction they are going with Phos, with they not wanting to have more humanity left and trying to guide the stones to a different and hopefully better future, but at the end of the day it’s not up to Phos to determine such thing even though they’re now divine, I also liked the whole thing of at least a fragment of Phosphophylite remaining amidst its new form, one that was spared for the Lunarians sake, showing that they regretted how they abandoned and treated Phos, even if a little. I still don’t like Kongo’s brother though, he is like a walking retcon to me and since I always appreciated how tight the script for the series was, and this huge walking hole that has become so important to the current narrative bothers me
Aug 25, 2023 2:28 AM

Jul 2020
So that little remnant of 1st Phos was the “something “ that Aechmea and Kongo told Euclase that “could help phos” in ch 96? That remnant of phos was the pure innocence that could help them to survive the divinification in a better way?

If the volumes have aprox 9 to 10 chapters, and the last one is the 13th, then we have aprox 4 chapters left! This chapter looks really like an ending, maybe that story that Phos will tell could span 1 or 2 chapters and then the next wrap everything? I don’t know how this could keep pushing on, i only envision 1 or 2 more chapters… but this story has driven me to thousand of years of new horizons, I could imagine the lasts chapters to be a million more years in the future when the universe collapse to start anew, or some zeitgeist shyt hahahah im on it!
Aug 25, 2023 6:29 AM

Oct 2010
I was actually expecting them to talk about a way to die but the plot shifts to another path (which is ok).
I was sure that Divine Phos will go full insane and will try to destroy the universe in order to die but I guess now she'll just accept her existence, like bro said, "no reason to think, have fun". Can Divine Phos separate from Phosphophillite, leave the gem alone and Divine Phos become an existence that won't perturb new life? That's what I'm thinking.
Aug 25, 2023 9:52 AM
Feb 2021

Sometimes you just come across a chapter that, you know, finally convinces you to bump the score from a 9 to a 10
Aug 25, 2023 5:53 PM
Oct 2017
The fact that Phos can still restore humanity makes me feel that they eventually will. Although I still don't know about Phos theirself.
Aug 26, 2023 12:05 PM

Jul 2017
It was another fine chapter yet again,but still,the post-hiatus content doesn't really click with me,and this is the second chapter after 95 where i feel like the story could have concluded.

Aug 28, 2023 11:28 AM
Jun 2021
Só melhora essa porra toma no cu
Aug 30, 2023 11:42 AM

Jan 2018
To people who wish the story just ended a few chapters ago, I honestly would've been kinda bummed that we never got this level of honest introspection from Phos that I've been wanting to see since vol 1 and onwards, since for most of the story, they've only been finding self-worth in appeasing others whether it be the other gems or the Lunarians.

Also Phos' willingness to still acknowledge and share the goodness in humanity despite inheriting much of Ayumu's cynicism is something worth taking account of.
Being critical doesn't mean you have good taste.
Sep 1, 2023 9:25 AM
Anime Sucks
Jul 2019
"Everything always changes"
Sep 2, 2023 1:35 AM
Dec 2020
Nice chapter, best one in the last like 10 chapters or something (last number of chapters were so boring and so stretched 😭) .
This a Good important info and dialogues chapter
Sep 4, 2023 9:31 PM

Jan 2020
FIVE... MORE... CHAPTERS...

I wonder how is this going to end? Also, it was a bit jarring to see that small shard that is left out of phos. It's incredible how radically different the story is at this point.

I hope we don't have to wait three more months for the next chapter... RIGHT.... RIGHT?
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Sep 5, 2023 7:58 PM

Jun 2020
It’s so interesting that there is still a little bit of the original Phos left. Also, the composition of shots in this chapter were beautiful.
Sep 6, 2023 6:30 PM

May 2019
Jamobo said:
Sometimes you just come across a chapter that, you know, finally convinces you to bump the score from a 9 to a 10

Oh my, i just checked and it was 9.0 on my list. Updated with justice, thanks sir for remember.
Sep 23, 2023 2:06 PM
May 2022
Caught up but at what cost. Feeling pretty empty about all that happened but that’s probably the point. Phos didn’t get revenge, they gave everyone what they wanted. Rejected humanity from the world. And now they reject even the bit of humanity she has left as to not doom the other new pebble life to the same fate. I can only wait to see what happens left. All I can assume is Phos finds a way to finally die after over 10,000 years of suffering.
Feb 23, 1:23 PM

Oct 2017
I just hope Phos gets some good closure? Like idk how or what but uh.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 45 Discussion

Catalano - Jan 25, 2020

2 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2014

3 by Rhae »»
Yesterday, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2014

3 by Rhae »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2014

5 by Rhae »»
Yesterday, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

5 by Rhae »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.