Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
KATANAGATARI
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 23, 2010 9:21 PM
Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another awesome episode :D
May 23, 2010 9:23 PM
Mar 2010
oh wait, we're still on episode 5.... oops
May 27, 2010 2:29 AM

Oct 2009
... Needs to be deleted.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2010 6:43 AM
Jun 2008
Great episode though i am quite sad they cut a few scene from the novel.but the Anime version is still a dream come true event for me ^^
Where is the blood splashed coming out from his head!!!!I guess the Anime version is less violent than the Novel.....
Next episode is Akutou Bita.
Nanami Vs Shicika
i felt like the Ed song is getting weird and weird.Maybe Ali project's song are not my taste >.<
Jun 6, 2010 3:29 PM

Sep 2007
What the difference with the novel ?
Liked this episode like the others ...
But anyways, they have so much differences or not ? :)
Jun 6, 2010 6:21 PM

Nov 2008
I really liked the new ending song. This is the most interesting song that Ali Project has done since Noir.
Jun 6, 2010 6:27 PM

Oct 2009
Konayuki was annoyingly cute. =)

I don't want to see Nanami lose, but I'll watch anyway. =(
Jun 6, 2010 7:45 PM

Sep 2008
Konayuki was too adorable. I'm glad she didn't die, but I want to see more of Pengin also. It's something to do with the eyes or something, so mesmerizing.

I'm going to hate next month with the death of Nanami... oh noes flashbacks of Xingke.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2010 8:52 PM

Jan 2008
As I haven't read the novels, I didn't think Shichika would have to kill his own sister in episode 7, as mentioned in the preview, which wouldn't make it a spoiler anymore. I thought if there was a chance of that, they'd do it later in the series like at the climax/close to the end, but now I'll feel sad that Nanami won't be around anymore for 5-6 more episodes.

Considering how the show alternates between scenes with supposedly extremely graphic violence (decapitation, mutilation...etc) to comic scenes with fun jabs ("cheerio", "moe" character designs for facial expressions, and even sometimes dirty jokes like sexual innuendo, such as that shadow behind paper doors during the Sentou Tsurugi episode), I assume the novels depict more violence you'd come to expect from samurai-like themed titles.

I hope they made episode 7 pretty damn epic if they're going to kill off one of my favourite characters from the series.
Estoy_GordoJun 6, 2010 8:56 PM
Jun 6, 2010 9:05 PM

Nov 2008
Awww shit, man. What's up with the "spoiler" at the end? I mean, it was already obvious from the flashback who it was that killed them all but still. I was pretty surprised she was THAT awesomely overpowered.
Jun 6, 2010 9:17 PM

Aug 2008
This is the freakin weirdest show I have ever watched
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jun 6, 2010 9:33 PM
Jun 2008
Soutou Kanazuchi
Kanazuchi means Hammer thats why its heavy
Soutou means twin sword thats why both end of the sword look so ugly
HawthorneKitty said:
Konayuki was too adorable. I'm glad she didn't die, but I want to see more of Pengin also. It's something to do with the eyes or something, so mesmerizing.

I'm going to hate next month with the death of Nanami... oh noes flashbacks of Xingke.
Penguin is one of the most powerful information officer in maniwani corp.In this episode,Houou also praise him.
His abilities is the most unbelievable weirdest out of all the 12 ninja.
ShiroiRyu said:
What the difference with the novel ?
Liked this episode like the others ...
But anyways, they have so much differences or not ? :)
Since Maniwani is the side cast,so I think a few changes doesn't really matter much.Since Novel 's contents(especially Nisio Isin's work) is the most longest compare to Manga and Anime.So I can't expect the director copy the Novel exactly the same.
....Anyone read the Novel here??
MorningGloryJun 6, 2010 10:04 PM
Jun 6, 2010 10:55 PM
Oct 2009
Damn, talk about plot twist.

*bumps to a 9 out of 10*
Jun 6, 2010 11:01 PM

Jan 2008
Why the fuck did they have to go & spoiled us telling us Nanami's gonna die?
What were they thinking O_o

Anyway, great episode.

Jun 7, 2010 12:10 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
crono22 said:
Seriously :(

An awesome episode. I'm wondering why Togame has short hair at times in the preview though.
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Jun 7, 2010 12:20 AM

Nov 2007
Yeah, the delivery was so casual with that too.

Great episode, loved everything about it, Togame in the first portion was just too cute. It was pretty easy to guess that the sister was out there after the first time the ninjas mentioned somebody crushing a town, but I still got excited after seeing the flash back. Can't wait for next months.
Jun 7, 2010 1:33 AM

Sep 2009
I thought the sister would help. Well regardless, next episode should be pretty cool.
Jun 7, 2010 2:08 AM
Jun 2008
Naruleach said:

An awesome episode. I'm wondering why Togame has short hair at times in the preview though.
Hahah You notice the short hair!!!.....
(to be honest I didn't notice it )
Jun 7, 2010 3:14 AM

Jan 2010
mcjazzman32 said:
Then I'd guess you haven't really watched much anime... not much at all...

In any case, you guys are too trusting. Remember the troll in episode 4? Why not the same again? Tell us she is going to die and then actually not kill her. It is completely possible.

At the end Togame: "What? You had a change of heart? Don't tell me you have a thing for little girls?" ROFL Both her and Shichika are so cute when jealous. :)
Jun 7, 2010 4:07 AM
Nov 2009
what the hell is with that spoilerific preveiw... that sucks. but anyway episode was very nice, when togame misunderstood Shichika was pretty funny also DAMN you Shichika that you get to sleep with togame like that ;_; 10/10
Jun 7, 2010 4:19 AM
Jun 2008
Does anyone knows when will be the next airing time??I hope is next week =P
Jun 7, 2010 4:47 AM
Nov 2009
MorningGlory said:

7 juli 2010 > exactly 1 month from now

edit: it says in the end of every episode when next one airs
qwerty1337Jun 7, 2010 7:07 AM
Jun 7, 2010 6:25 AM

Nov 2007
Torrentsven said:
MorningGlory said:

Ohoho, the 7th episode of the 7th novel of Katanagatari where they obtain the 7th sword on the 7th month of their journey is airing on the 7th day of the 7th month of the year and is focusing on NANAmi. Sorry, I couldn't help pointing out the obvious here XD. I just love it when producers do things like this.
Jun 7, 2010 6:52 AM
Jun 2008
Kantarou said:
Torrentsven said:
MorningGlory said:

Ohoho, the 7th episode of the 7th novel of Katanagatari where they obtain the 7th sword on the 7th month of their journey is airing on the 7th day of the 7th month of the year and is focusing on NANAmi. Sorry, I couldn't help pointing out the obvious here XD. I just love it when producers do things like this.
NANAmi LOL.......Actually I heard rumor say is july9 Fuji TV.I guess it will took a while for me to get it >.<
Jun 7, 2010 7:06 AM
Nov 2009
Kantarou said:
Torrentsven said:
MorningGlory said:

LOL awesome
Jun 7, 2010 7:10 AM

Jan 2009
When did Shichika become so witty anyway? xD
Oh well, when it's cold like that, Togame seems more like a child than usual ^^;

I usually despise these little kiddish characters, because kids are annoying.. But this Konayuki is pretty adorable anyway~

Woah, Shichika actually suffered an injury O.o
And that was in a fight that wasn't even dead serious xD...

Kyouken in Konayuki's body was even more adorable xD

OH Snap, I had a feeling that Nanami would be the perpetrator when they mentioned that whole city being razed in half an hour.. (She obliterated Konayuki's village too, didn't she? >.>)
But.. Yeah, this is getting even better~
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 7, 2010 8:13 AM

Sep 2007
I love this series! Next episode should be really amazing, although I don't understand all the spoilers at the end @_@

Jun 7, 2010 8:51 AM

Nov 2008
During Konayuki/ Kyouken flashback, isn't it hinted that Nanami wiped out Itezora clan. Doesn't that mean Nanami currently has Kyoutouryuu, 3 type of Ninpou, Bita and a possible super strength ability. Plus she kicked Shichika's butt before she gained all that.

The only reason why she lost that I can think of is that she doesn't have Main Character Plot Armor. She mustn't die, she is too badass to die.
Jun 7, 2010 8:58 AM

Nov 2007
Great episode, and the next one has potential to be even better. Best anime this year? Absolutely.
Jun 7, 2010 9:09 AM
Jun 2008
ambstrike said:
During Konayuki/ Kyouken flashback, isn't it hinted that Nanami wiped out Itezora clan. Doesn't that mean Nanami currently has Kyoutouryuu, 3 type of Ninpou, Bita and a possible super strength ability. Plus she kicked Shichika's butt before she gained all that.

The only reason why she lost that I can think of is that she doesn't have Main Character Plot Armor. She mustn't die, she is too badass to die.

2 vs 1
sure Nanami lose =P haha this is stupid answer >.<

Have u seen the similarity between Konoyuki and Nanami??If you compare you might figure it out ^^
Why did Konayuki lose? Why did Konayuki use that ugly sword?

Actually when I think a bit further,I realize the reason why Shichika win the last episode is the similar situation of how Konayuki win Shichika in this episode...
Genius story maker ^^
MorningGloryJun 7, 2010 9:46 AM
Jun 7, 2010 9:18 AM

Aug 2008
werr-y said:
mcjazzman32 said:
Then I'd guess you haven't really watched much anime... not much at all...

In any case, you guys are too trusting. Remember the troll in episode 4? Why not the same again? Tell us she is going to die and then actually not kill her. It is completely possible.

At the end Togame: "What? You had a change of heart? Don't tell me you have a thing for little girls?" ROFL Both her and Shichika are so cute when jealous. :)

Wow talk about an elitist statement. My completed list is like double yours.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jun 7, 2010 9:46 AM

Nov 2008
MorningGlory said:
ambstrike said:

2 vs 1
sure Nanami lose =P haha this is stupid answer >.<

Have u seen the similarity between Konoyuki and Nanami??If you compare you might figure it out ^^

Hearts for cute innocent Konayuki. Flower for seemingly innocent Nanami.

Well we can't have Nanami joining up Togame. She would wait/force the opponent to use their technique twice then proceed to end the battle in 5s.

Another reason why Shichika will lose, Ninpou:Ashigaru + Kyotouryuu: Iris = Teleport
Jun 7, 2010 11:39 AM

Feb 2008
ultimately If nanami loses it means he will have surpassed his sister or she will have let him win. shes bored to death and she just wanted to kill time. by this time Shichika's himanity is developing well and he will have had a reason to actually kill her.

i kept thinking that someone might ambush that snow chick but i cant imagine anyone actually being able to kill her. it would have been too sad to have her die as the last of her kind.
Jun 7, 2010 12:14 PM

Feb 2009
Konayuki~ <3. Glad she isn't dead but it's sad that's she won't join them in the journey. Hope she shows in future episodes.

Shichika gaining some human emotions but losing some sharpness as a sword. This plays out that he might get conflicted in the "spoiled" fight with his sister.

Togame also has conflict in her now about what to do after collecting the swords. Wonder if this has a deeper importance. And Togame has short hair in the preview then it became long? Confused a bit there.

But damn, wiping out 2 villages, one in only half an hour. Nanami must be gaining a lot of abilities and skills as she travels so she should overpowered by now. There's no way Shichika will beat her, unless that finishing move does. But then, will Shichika really kill her? I hope not. And woah, overkill in the preview, kicking the bodies.

Great episode. The narration at the last part kinda ruined the excitement of the next one but it didn't bother me as much. I'm hyped for the next episode. It's funny when one post here noted a lot of 7's related to the next episode and that's what makes it more exciting. Now for the long wait....................................
Jun 7, 2010 12:54 PM

Dec 2007

I'VE BEEN SPOILED!
Jun 7, 2010 1:07 PM

Aug 2009
yeah, I'm afraid it's the same troll again.
But well, how could kenpou cause an avalanche?
Jun 7, 2010 2:25 PM

May 2009
I can't believe they treated that little girl so badly, so i'm glad that they didn't mind her playing with them.
Jun 7, 2010 3:16 PM
Dec 2007
"I'm also confident that I can loose in a fight with a rabbit." That was my sentence of the day.

The episode was awesome, with great fights, very good developments, growing characters and an incredible atmosphere and setting as usual, plus a huge - and disturbing - final revelation and preview. Katanagatari's still on top this week.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 7, 2010 4:22 PM

Jan 2010
Man, I'd sorta hoped that Nanami would've stayed on the island and became sort of an urban legend or something. Like, "People go in, but they never come out." or something.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jun 7, 2010 4:40 PM
Jun 2008
Kleeyook said:
yeah, I'm afraid it's the same troll again.
But well, how could kenpou cause an avalanche?
Obviously A lie......since Itezora village are on Top of the mountain and the Avalanche rain from sky? LOL

@ambstrike
Shichika did said that even he seriously fight with Konayuki.It might still lose =(
The reason why Shichika win is because Shichika can see the "movement" of Konayuki.When Konayuki being possessed,Konayuki's "movement" move according the book.It means Konayuki lose to Shichika because she gain unnecessary skill .
Konayuki is also a genius(superhuman strength) just like Nanami(superhuman eye??)
A simple example:If a genius cheat in exam,What will you think of it?.first of all,Why would a Genius Have to cheat in exam,since a genius knows how to answer the question directly.Using his Genius ability to cheat in exam and not just answer the question directly is a stupid action.For me I think its just a waste of the genius ability.
unrelated info...

...huh...anyway ,Houou will explain better than me next episode( hope they don't cut this explanation from Novel). >.<
Jun 7, 2010 5:05 PM

Jul 2009
Guess asking for the sword wasn't on Nanami's mind when she slaughtered the whole village.
semtexJun 7, 2010 5:31 PM
Jun 7, 2010 7:48 PM
Mar 2010
Thanks for the spoiler about next episode guys... -__-

This was about episode 6 not 7 <.<
Jun 7, 2010 8:24 PM

Mar 2009
Naruleach said:
crono22 said:
Seriously :(

indeed ,what cheap bastards.

and wtf with Shichika's arm??? I understand him using it in battle, but afterwards? lame.
Jun 7, 2010 10:01 PM
Jul 2009
Then again, is it really a spoiler if it's something the producers themselves want you to know?

Either way, things are really starting to get interesting; I can't wait wait to see how things unravel.
Jun 8, 2010 5:11 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Awesome episode. That little kid is strong, even though she claims to be the weakest in her clan.

Jun 8, 2010 5:22 AM

Jan 2009
wtf i like the dialogues in this anime it seems groundbreaking like every statement they made have some educational value lol
Jun 8, 2010 11:17 AM

Dec 2008
crono22 said:
What were they thinking O_o

I was wondering the same thing with that. That takes out half the suspense.

Well, also to make up that no ninjas died last episode, two died this episode as someone said in the last episode thread.

Konayuki was oddly cute.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jun 8, 2010 3:00 PM

Apr 2008
This episode was really really good. I just can't wait for the next episode after having the anime spoil me about Nanami who is going to die next episode (which also saddens me, as she was such a cool and interesting character...).

Also Konayuki was pretty cute, glad to see that there is still potential to see her appearance in the following 6 episodes.

Really looking forward to the following episodes!!!
Jun 8, 2010 3:47 PM

Aug 2009
The little girl was just way to cute! X3

I can't wait for the return of his sister in the next ep!
Jun 8, 2010 4:49 PM

Oct 2009
I... I... nevermind.

SO ANGRY OMG.
YanofliesJun 8, 2010 11:53 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Jul 9, 2010

225 by valennienana »»
Apr 25, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hana-kei - Apr 16, 2010

420 by valennienana »»
Apr 22, 6:30 AM

» END SPOILERS - I’ve Never Witnessed Such Epic Implosion

deaf_amish_guy - Jun 6, 2020

10 by Nesquikscope »»
Mar 31, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 8, 2010

180 by ariharan_ars »»
Feb 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Dec 10, 2010

631 by I_LIKE_ANIME_SO »»
Jan 3, 9:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.