Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 5, 2023 7:39 PM
Feb 2020
It was not as good as it was hyped up to be showed the same 4 scenes of Luffy bouncing around 20 times and nothing really happened, there have definitely been better moments so far in wano ( Sanji vs Queen, Zoro vs King)
Aug 5, 2023 7:40 PM

Jun 2020
Easily one of the best episodes i have ever seen, though they did spend too long on flashbacks.

Can't wait for next week to see more fight scenes, but the animation changing like that was awesome and gave the episode an even better feeling to it.
SlashersBaneAug 5, 2023 7:55 PM

Aug 5, 2023 7:41 PM
Dec 2021
I got to see it after waiting for months..Now all the coming Sundays I will be excited to watch luffy doing those silly things lol
Aug 5, 2023 7:41 PM
Aug 2023
Very awesome ending . To be continued 😶😂
Aug 5, 2023 7:43 PM
Mar 2022
AMAZING GEAR 5 ONE PEAK
Aug 5, 2023 7:45 PM

Nov 2018
WTF with all those 1.
It's being pathetic and ridicious of those idiots.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Aug 5, 2023 7:45 PM

Feb 2014
Loved this ep! Gear 5th + the new ED song. I forgot about the new ED song so I was surprised when it came up lol.

As always, Orochi is ridiculous even in his death. Pathetic fuck. Glad I won't have to hear his and Kanjuro's annoying voices anymore lol.

But man, Luffy's laughter is so contagious.
Aug 5, 2023 7:46 PM
Feb 2020
Keep it a stack and a bit guys episode was ok at best did not live up to the hype and there have definitely been better one piece episodes so far in Wano tbh ( Zoro vs King, Sanji vs Queen)  but one piece meat riders will just continue to say its the best Episode ever idky 
Jan 2023
mid episode for the millions poured in
Jul 2022
I started watching One Piece in December of 2020 and caught up in November of 2022. I decided to try it out on a whim and it is easily one of the best decisions regarding media I've ever made. It was a huge part of my life during those two years and it easily became both my favorite anime and manga. It means so much to me that I was able to witness this when it came out and I'll remember this experience for the rest of my life. I'm so thankful that I got into One Piece.
Aug 5, 2023 7:47 PM
May 2017
This is one of the best episodes of the history of anime
Aug 5, 2023 7:48 PM

Aug 2021
HE'S HERE. to no ones surprise, crunchyroll got destroyed by millions of people at once so getting the episode to show up was a struggle but a struggle worth every second. i gotta say, they adapted gear 5 perfectly. they captured the goofiness of it flawlessly from the animation to even the music as well. that 5 minute stretch of uninterpreted luffy fighting was some of the most fluid and eye mesmerizing animation that's ever crossed my screen. look forward to seeing the animated gear 5 in full action next week. also that ending was great. very catchy, nice animations. 
Aug 5, 2023 7:49 PM
Mar 2021
EXCELLENT, BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT, DELISIOUS, HANDSOME.
Aug 5, 2023 7:50 PM
Dec 2020
This is PEAK ANIMATION OF ONE PIECE but i don't know this just introduction, maybe next episode will be better than this, the animation like cartoon, and God Nika bringing joy to everyone, make me so fucking goosebumps, and the ending woooooaahaahah, finally! One Piece had new ending, cuz almost 20 years One Piece have no ending music, bruhh!!!
Jul 2017
Insane episode finally luffy is awakening !

Dec 2019
FMmatron said:
The Warrior of Liberation is here. Joy Boy. Nika. Awakening. Gear 5th. It's not just Luffy's peak, this is a peak for One Piece as well, in terms of hyping this up like the greatest event of all time, lol. I hardly was able to wait for this myself tbh. When I read 1044 I was wondering how they would adapt this. The Drums of Liberation were still going hard. Gorosei narration with Whitebeard's OST(GOAT OST for GOAT debut) was on point as well. It's actually insane that after 25 years Oda revealed that Luffy didn't eat the Gum Gum Fruit.

Tatsuya Nagamine, the man who started as director for Wano is back for his most important episode(only dislike him for the auras xD) Along with Shida, Chansard and other big animators it's an epic line-up again. Too bad we didn't get a new opening for this occasion, but there's an ending.

The Orochi segment had only one panel I was looking really forward to

Delivery of emotions was good, but manga clearly and I repeat CLEARLY better.

Really nitpicking hard here.

Luffy in Gear 5th was One Piece at it's silliest. His laugh, the animation and all the goofy cartoon sounds, what did I even watch? Lmao. It's somewhere between yikes and awesome. The Overtaken remix was definitely the latter. Returning the Boro Breath was also a highlight.

Great episode overall. Not the best of all time kind of great. There were One Piece episodes which had more to offer storytelling and directionwise. The best aspect here is that 1071 got many people into One Piece.
I completely agree with you bro @FMmatron Manga is soooooo much better. I thought we would get a lot more fight scenes but it looks like we didnt. Just the intro for gear 5th. Loved the scene where they put in all the gears leading up to this one, made me have goosebumps lol. But yeah if anyone wants to read gear 5th instead of watching it I highly recommend you to do so from my pov. Either way, great episode, my hands are numb because my heart was going so fast and I was laughing my heart out, (which I did when I read the manga, and will do the next episode as well) and I loved the animation. Thought it would be better, but One piece stays being the best. ありがと おだ先生!

Aug 5, 2023 7:51 PM
Apr 2017
Just as expected, episode 1071 was almost just an introduction of the following fights. It felt like only 5 minutes of the episode were worth it. Of course, they're adapting the manga, the cene of Hyori and Orochi was supposed to be there, but come on, no one cares about what else is happening, IT IS THE GEAR 5TH LUFFY, and I think they should've done something like releasing 2 episodes, even if it were meaning to hold the next episode for one week later. Personally, I think not releasing two episodes today was a hype waste.
Feb 2021
animation was peak
Jun 2021
Gear 5 i am saved

JoyBoy
Jul 2021
este capitulo es simplemente hermoso, epico, cine
Oct 2021
Amazing Visuals! Gear 5!! next level hype and ofc as always, can't wait for next episode!!!
Aug 5, 2023 7:53 PM

Apr 2020
this was a big moment for every single one piece fan. It took so long but we finally reached it!! Gear 5!! This episode was so expressive with its animation and felt like a cartoon. Absolute brilliant episode and can't wait for the next episode. Luffy just looks way too cool!! They could have worked on the sound effects this episode though lol

I feel truly blessed to be able to watch this spectacular episode. Thank you animators!!

Oct 2014
Excellent animation and display of ability. Just wished it was one full hour long showcase.
Oct 2020
Best episode of any anime in history. I would sacrifice my first born child to experience this episode again (jk but it was really good).
Apr 2021
PEEEEAAAAAAKKKKK
Apr 2022
Simplemente, me alegro de estar vivo para ver este cap
Aug 5, 2023 7:54 PM

Feb 2019
i love gear 5 but they were not messing around when they said it was the most ridiculous power lmao, it's literally looney toons style. the new ending is beautiful!! can't wait for next week where we (allegedly) will get a new opening & more of luffy beating the SHIT out of kaido!!
Mar 2021
Greatest anime episode ever.

Jul 2013
so, this is where the entire arc's budget has gone to? hahaha

splendid episode
Aug 5, 2023 7:55 PM
Jan 2023
S U P E R P E A K ! ! !
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⢠⣾⣧⣤⡖⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⠋⠀⠉⠀⢄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣥⡤⢶⣿⣦⣀⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⣙⣛⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⠀⠀⣀⣿⣿⣿⡟
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠻⠷⣦⣤⣤⣬⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⠛⠿⠋⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⠋⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣶⣶⣶⣿⣦⡀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠋⠈⢹⡏⠁⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⡏⠉⠿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡆⠀⢀⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⡘⣿⣿⣃⠀⠀⠀
⣴⣷⣀⣸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⠹⣿⣯⣤⣾⠏⠉⠉⠉⠙⠢⠀
⠈⠙⢿⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣄⠛⠉⢩⣷⣴⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣀⡠⠋⠈⢿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠿⠿⠛⠁
Aug 5, 2023 7:56 PM
Oct 2021
gear 5 thats all i can say

Aug 5, 2023 7:57 PM
Oct 2020
One Peak

Need I say more!!
Aug 5, 2023 7:58 PM

Apr 2016
After a half hour of waiting while Crunchyroll completely crashed, I finally got to see this greatness!
Some of the animation in this episode absolutely blew my mind, I was pretty much smiling the entire time watching
They nailed the cartoonish-ness of it all, even down to the Looney Tunes sound effects (I swear I heard Mr. Krabs walking sound from Spongebob at one point LOL)
Of course everyone will be talking about the godliness of Gear 5th but I do want to give a mention to Hiyori's powerful scene with Orochi, of course its overshadowed in the grand scheme of the episode but I still think it holds a lot of emotional weight and was done well.
And to top it off the first ending song since the Enies Lobby arc, holy crap! And it's absolutely lovely!
Episodes like this are the reason I'm happy I'm a One Piece fan, I love this series, I love the people who make it and I love the fans!
Aug 5, 2023 7:58 PM
May 2021
peak piece is finally here!! i absolutely loved this episode. everything was so spot on and outstandingly done. the drums of liberation really get me in a good mood.

the voice acting, most especially for luffy, was really above and beyond this episode. the laughing was almost contagious. i love that while he's clearly having fun, you can kind of see a little bit of crazy in his eyes. im just so pumped up right now, i don't really know what to say. i can't wait to see even more of gear 5 in the next episode.
My 2023 candies:
Aug 5, 2023 7:59 PM
Aug 2020
Amazing episode with great animation, voice acting and fighting. I do find it absolutely ridiculous that they had to have multiple flashbacks AND a slow-mo flashback in an episode like this but other than that literally perfect episode.
Aug 5, 2023 7:59 PM
Oct 2016
goda goda goda goda
Aug 5, 2023 8:00 PM
Mar 2023
what's with this goofy ah animation
Aug 5, 2023 8:01 PM

Feb 2010
I must admit I skipped over the flashbacks and Hiyori stuff because I'm just trying to see Gear 5 animated and it was great but the best has yet to come, from the preview next episode is going to be even better.
Aug 5, 2023 8:03 PM

Mar 2020
I say this as a huge One Piece fan. I cannot believe that I'm saying this, but this episode did not live up to the hype. I didn't even feel it was special like 1015 was, and its just not Ishitani's style to insert so many recaps and flashbacks into the her episodes.

Only the Gear 5 scenes were worth the hype, and one sequence of those was repeated too. I have a feeling that Ishitani only worked on the ED.
Aug 5, 2023 8:03 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I've been waiting for this and I've finally seen it!! AAAHHH!! GLORIOUS!!

It's so goofy and silly with funny sound effects! Gear 5th is here and it's marvelous! I love it!! xD I've been crying tears of joy watching the animation for Gear 5th Luffy. :'D My gosh I can't contain my emotions right now, lol.

The first half featuring Hiyori's frustrations on Orochi was alright. That scumbag Orochi deserves more than just being burned.

I need to rewatch Gear 5th Luffy over and over again because I can't contain myself, hahaha! I LOVE THIS! I'VE WAITED FOR THIS FOR SO LONG! PEAKPIECE! ;_;
Aug 5, 2023 8:04 PM

Jun 2011
PEAK.

a little confusing in places but overall very enjoyable. Great performance by Hiyori's VA too, nailed the scene.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 2021
YO man this is PEAK! i know people arent liking because of looney toons but people are also forgetting that joyboy liberates people with happiness joyboy is the emobodiment of happiness ofc its looney toons it makes the episode better for me so ye

Apr 2021
This was one of the most hyped episodes of anything tv show ever. And I was disappointed. Like what was those looney toons sound effects with gear 5. Hopefully the real fight is better.
Aug 5, 2023 8:06 PM
Dec 2022
big w best anime no cap fr fr
Aug 5, 2023 8:07 PM
Feb 2023
BEST EPISODE EVER PEAK FICTION #1 ANIME
Aug 5, 2023 8:08 PM
Mar 2022
There's so much replay and repeated scene which lower the HYPE of the episode which make it bland...
Aug 5, 2023 8:09 PM

Oct 2009
Lmao wtf is going! Straight out of looney tunes!
The little bit of it we got was amazing but all the flashbacks and repeat scenes pissed me off :/ Should've been better.

Yooo are we getting ED's back??!!!! In 17 YEARS!?? That was great!!
Oct 2022
son god nika has return

Jan 2020
The greatest of all time. Peak Cinema. Peak Fiction

Everything about this was amazing. The new ending  felt unnatural but I am very happy to see them back lmao. 

Aug 5, 2023 8:10 PM
Jan 2021
gia fifsu hahahahahahahaha , this is my peak daa .
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 969 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Apr 10, 2021

73 by Yubisoft »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 963 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Feb 20, 2021

75 by Yubisoft »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 417 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TrowaBarton141 - Sep 12, 2009

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 416 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Sep 5, 2009

87 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 415 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Dinamet7 - Aug 29, 2009

104 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.