Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 5, 2023 8:48 PM
Apr 2021
Absolutely beautiful animation. I loved how Hiyori was able to avenge Oden and the ending is just AMAZING
Aug 5, 2023 8:48 PM
Dec 2022
GEAR 5!!!!! LFG!!!
Aug 5, 2023 8:50 PM

Dec 2016
I came back just to watch this episode. And I reminded myself of why I dropped the anime adaptation ...

Well I guess I'll just watch till the end of the battle (1 or 2 episodes left) and I'll drop it again.
Aug 5, 2023 8:51 PM
Sep 2021
10000000/100000000000
Aug 5, 2023 8:51 PM
Jan 2022
Glorious just perfection
Aug 5, 2023 8:53 PM
Jan 2021
Luffy gets up and his hair is white. He starts moving around strangely, like he’s just paper in the wind and then he charges up his power and transforms almost like he’s in Dragon Ball Z, but it’s infinitely better. The Five Elders talk as if Luffy was actually killed (it’s funny they think that’s possible when he hasn’t become the King of the Pirates yet). The Gum Gum Fruit is also known as The Zoan Human-Human Fruit Mythical Type, Model Nika, named after the Sun God that Who’s-Who was talking about with Jimbei. Luffy starts bouncing around and enjoying his newfound abilities, with the upmost BADASSery.

Orochi tries to get out of getting clapped by Hiyori, but she’s not having it. He’s done too much to her and the Land of Wano to get any kind of forgiveness. Kanjuro’s Kazenbo comes up and it seems that maybe Orochi has snaked his way out… but unfortunately for him, Kazenbo starts burning him alive.

Getting back to the Fifth Emperor, he’s still bouncing around and enjoying this new form that he calls “Gear Five”. We see a new transition image of Luffy in front of the moon with Kaido lurking in front.

This is the symbolic representation of Kaido’s ass whooping.

Luffy blows air into his thumb as if he’s using Third Gear and while Kaido’s soldiers are getting knocked out by his Color of the Supreme King (AKA Conqueror’s Haki), he grabs Kaido like a garden snake and drags him back up the roof. He then proceeds to give Kaido a mean combo, swing him around and around, and slam him into the ground again and again. After he’s done, Luffy laughs at Kaido’s eventual defeat. Kaido then tries Blast Breath, but Luffy turns the ground into rubber and sends that right back. Luffy continues to laugh as this is very entertaining to see. Kaido apologizes for the interruption, but we all know Luffy doesn’t care. Luffy and Kaido stare each other down and that’s the end of the episode… at least that’s what I’d normally say, BUT NO! There is an ending.

It’s been so many episodes since that’s happened. It’s overall very chill and colorful with everyone going about their peaceful days. There is a mysterious figure, but only time will tell if they’re significant.

I’m ready for more One Piece!
Aug 5, 2023 8:54 PM
Sep 2020
GEAR 5 IS HERE AND ITS AMAZING!
Aug 5, 2023 8:54 PM
Apr 2021
Early_Morning said:
Eww, why did they waste like a whole minute with a flashback of something that happened just two episodes ago...? And the Gorosei scene and Orochi scene, while beautifully animated, lasted way too long. As for Gear 5, it seemed like Toei wasted half the budget just showing Luffy bouncing around. It wasn't until like the last few minutes that the animation went crazy; some shots looked great, but there was a lot of flashing colors and sloppiness which made it hard to even process. Overall I still think episode 1015 looked better than this, but at least Gear 5 is finally here.
Fr, I honestly hated how they repeated the same 30-sec clip of Luffy bouncing around almost back to back. Like there was 1 little scene in between and then they just repeated it. I still overall loved the episode but would have liked to see more of Gear 5th in the episode
Aug 5, 2023 8:55 PM
Apr 2020
that second half was stupid well animated but im definitely expecting 1072 to demolish this episode
Aug 5, 2023 8:56 PM

May 2018
Peak Piece, can't stop smiling the whole episode.

Aug 5, 2023 8:57 PM

Dec 2013
5th Gear turns the world into looney toons and I loved every moment of it. This episode definitely lived up to the hype for me.
Aug 5, 2023 9:00 PM
Apr 2022
Everything about it was amazing!!!!!
Aug 5, 2023 9:01 PM
May 2021
10/10 EPISODE! GEAR 5!!!
Aug 5, 2023 9:02 PM
Jul 2022
MASTER PIECE FROM DISNEY
Feb 2021
JOYBOY HAS RETURNED

Jul 2013
That was so much fun. This episode embodied everything I could have ever wanted and so much more. I'm not even really sure where to start and where to stop with my thoughts right now.

First of all, can we talk about Luffy's design? What a crazy transformation. Not only his newly acquired white hair, but also his clothes were cloaked in white. On top of that, his already funny character has reached a new level of silliness. Tanaka Mayumi was once again able to convey this in an incomparable way.
It was easy to see that Luffy himself didn't even know exactly what was going on. Neither why he is alive nor what is happening to his body.

That initial section where Luffy jumped happily around, the 5 Elders finally revealing the true name of Luffy's Devil Fruit in combination with the Whitebeard theme in the background gave me such goosebumps.

Zoan, Human Human Fruit, Mythical Type, Model Nika. I was actually on the right track about Luffy and Nika. Since the conversation between Who's-Who and Jimbei, I've had a slight suspicion about Luffy's Devil Fruit. During his fight with Kaido I noticed Luffy's conspicuously strange laughter, which in my memory had never happened to such an extent, since he always took his previous fights very seriously and made him appear as if he weren't himself or a certain change was taking place in him. Applying this to the Who's-Who conversation where it is mentioned that Nika was a legendary warrior who makes you "laugh" and puts you out of your misery, this was just another indicator for my theory.

Considering what Luffy is now capable of, it seems he has really peaked. Especially considering he hasn't even remotely mastered his new powers. I don't even want to imagine what awaits us in the future with Gear 5. It seems that the awakening is having a similar effect on Luffy's environment as was the case with Do Flamingo. He was able to turn anything into threads. In Luffy's case, everything takes on a rubbery quality, giving him unlimited potential in my eyes.

Just the way he pulled Kaido out of the hall and back onto the roof piece made me laugh so much that I probably woke up my neighbors :D

The "fight" against Kaido reminded me so much of when I was a kid and all the funny cartoons I watched during that time. I don't think it could have been presented in a better way. I couldn't stop laughing as most of the scenes made the ever serious Kaido look like a toy to Luffy, which sounds beyond crazy.

I also loved how they fast-forwarded each of Luffy's previous fights with the sound of boxing gongs in the background and Gear 5 in the foreground.

When I started watching One Piece over 20 years ago, I never expected that we would ever end up here. Unbelievable.

Can't wait for this week to be over and witnessing the "real" fight which is about to start. Luffy hasn't even shown a fracture of his power.

Aug 5, 2023 9:05 PM
Jun 2023
I loved it. The animation was great, I loved the cartoonyness, The fight overall is amazing. They did an amazing job animating it and I can’t wait for 1072+
Feb 2015
I expected so much more, it was fine tho.
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
A freaking amazing episode. Well worth the hype for me.

⠄⠄⠄⠄⡘⠄⠄⢰⡇⠄⠄⠄⠄⠘⣇⠄⠄⠄⣀⠜⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⡜⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢷⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⡇⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠸⣄⠄⠄⠄⢈⠇⢀
⣀⣀⠠⠞⠁⠄⠄⢸⡇⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⠙⠛⠛⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣀⠤⡾⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⡟⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣧⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠙⠷⠤⠴⠋⠄⢾
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢸⡇⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣠⠊⠄⠄⣇⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣄⠄⠄⠄⢀⠜⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢹⡆⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠹⣆⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⡴⠋⠄⠄⠄⠄⢿⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠉⠉⠉⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢱⡄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠩⢶⣤⣀⠄⠄⠄⣀⣀⣀⠴⠒⠉⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⢷⡄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⠻⣦⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⢀⣀⣀⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠉⠙⠛⠛⠛⠉⠉⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⠻⣤⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⡤⠘⠓⢦⣤⣄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⡤
⠋⠁⠄⠉⠣⣀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⠻⠷⣄⣀⣀⠄⢀⠄⡀⠄⠄⠄⢀⣀⡠⠴⠃⠄⠄⠄⠙⠻⣿⣿⡟⠷⠿⠛⠁⠄
⣀⣀⠄⠄⠄⠈⣧⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠉⠙⠻⠿⢶⣶⣶⣾⡿⠿⠙⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠘⢿⡇⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⣯⣾⣿⣧⠄⢠⣿⠇⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⣀⣤⣤⣴⠟⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣨⣾⡟⠈⠉⠋⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣿⣏⣷⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠋⠁⠁⣯⣇⣾⠏⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⡠⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⠖⠉⠁⠙⣿⠋⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣀⣤⣶⣶⠋⠉⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢸⣿⣾⡆⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⣠⣬⡟⡿⠋⠄⠄⠄⠄⢠⡟⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⣴⣿⢣⡅⡀⢠⡏⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣴⣾⣿⣿⠛⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠘⣿⣿⣧⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠸⠿⣃⠇⠄⠄⠄⠄⣀⣼⡇⠄⠄⠄⠄⣸⣿⡏⠷⠛⢦⢸⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣠⣾⠟⠋⠉⠛⠲⢄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠉⣻⣻⣧⠄⠄⠄
⣠⣤⡀⣏⡇⠄⠄⢀⣼⣿⣿⡇⠄⠄⠄⢀⡿⠋⠄⣀⣤⣤⣿⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣸⢻⡇⠄⠶⣄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢠⠞⠁⠄⣹⡄⠄⠄
⣿⡿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⢹⣿⣳⣦⣴⣷⠄⠄⢸⠻⣄⣼⣿⣇⢅⠄⠄⣜⡇⠄⠳⣀⠴⠃⠄⠄⣰⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠴⠋⠄⠄⠈⠇⠄⠄⢀⠴⠋⠁⠄⠄⣼⣾⡇⠄⠄
⣏⠄⢿⣯⡈⠉⢿⣿⠉⠄⠄⠙⢿⠿⠟⣏⠄⠄⠸⣄⠻⣿⣿⠿⣻⠓⠒⠊⠺⣦⣀⡀⠄⣀⠴⠂⢁⠔⠄⠄⠄⣠⠎⠄⢀⡴⠄⢀⡦⠖⠂⠁⠄⠄⣠⣶⣿⣿⣿⡇⠄⠄
⠈⠣⣄⡙⢿⣶⣽⡇⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠙⡀⠄⠄⠛⠷⠶⠛⠛⠛⠄⠄⠄⠄⣟⣿⠻⣯⠛⠒⠋⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⣿⠄⠄⠘⠠⠒⠋⠄⢀⣀⡤⠰⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⡟⠁⠄⠄
⣀⠄⠄⠄⠈⠉⠋⡇⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠹⠄⣀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⠸⠁⠹⡆⢹⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣀⣶⣾⡷⠤⣤⠤⢤⣶⠿⢿⡅⠄⠄⠹⡀⢠⢿⠏⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠙⢷⣤⣀⠄⠄⠐⢧⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢠⣀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠉⠒⠶⠤⠤⠶⠒⠋⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣼⣽⠋⢹⠃⢸⣏⠄⣿⣿⠇⣸⠇⠄⠄⢰⢧⡵⠃⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀
⠄⠄⠈⠻⢿⣿⣷⣼⠄⠄⠄⠄⢰⠃⠹⢿⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⡟⠄⠄⠸⡆⠄⠙⠳⢶⡶⠞⠁⠄⠄⣠⠋⢸⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣸⢷
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⠉⠻⢿⣆⠄⠄⢀⡇⠄⠄⠄⠱⢶⣦⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢸⡇⠄⠄⠄⠉⠦⣄⣀⣀⣀⣀⡤⠴⠊⠁⠄⢸⣶⣤⣴⣶⣾⠇⣸
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠙⠲⢄⠸⡇⠄⠄⠄⢠⠋⠙⠻⣦⣤⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣽⡇⠄⠄⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠉⠄⠄⣄⡠⠔⠄⠄⣾⣯⣾⠟⠋⣠⢜⡁
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⠻⢧⡀⠄⠄⠇⠄⠄⠄⠄⠉⠻⢷⢦⣄⢀⣀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠘⠂⣀⣶⢾⠟⠁⠄⠄⠈⠑⠒⠦⠤⢾⠒⠊⠃⠄⠄⣀⠼⠑⠛⢁⣠⠚⠥⠞⠋
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢱⡀⢰⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⠊⠄⠈⠉⠓⠥⢦⣀⡀⠄⠄⠊⠛⠛⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⣸⣯⣤⡴⠚⠋⠄⠄⠄⠄⠁
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠙⣿⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⠆⠄⠉⠉⠒⢲⠖⠛⠒⠖⢲⠖⠒⠒⣩⠏⠄⠄⠄⢀⣾⡟⠉⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⡳⡄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢸⢉⠐⢦⡀⠄⡜⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⠎⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⠎⠄⠄⠄⠄⠊⠄⢀⠂⠁⠄⠄⠄⣰⠟⠉⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⢢⢥⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣬⡓⠢⣍⡒⠁⣄⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠊⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠌⠄⠄⠄⠄⣠⠄⠒⠁⠄⠄⠄⡤⡾⠃⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣠⢤⣔⣶⣦
⠄⠡⡳⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣻⣿⣶⣉⠛⠷⢦⣍⣓⠤⠤⠜⢀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣠⣀⠄⠠⠔⠊⠁⠄⠄⠄⣀⡠⠞⠞⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⡠⡞⠕⠑⠁⠄⠁
⠄⠄⠱⡹⡄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣾⣼⣦⣤⣤⣀⠐⠖⠤⠤⠤⢤⣤⡤⠤⠴⠒⠄⠄⠄⣀⣤⣶⠟⢀⡞⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⡎⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⢳⠄⠄⠋⣁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢸⣿⡟⠙⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⠻⡱⢃⢪⠎⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣠⠏⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣴
⠄⠃⠄⠐⡞⡆⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⣷⣧⠄⠄⠄⠉⠙⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⠟⠋⢩⠳⠌⠎⡱⠊⡎⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢰⠋⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈
Aug 5, 2023 9:08 PM

Dec 2008
1. Overuse and misplaced of Looney Toon Sounds Effects.
2. Too much unnecessary laughter scenes. Even Mayumi Tanaka laughter time is as long as Goku's first time Saiyan 3 restless scream for long minutes.
3. Ain't nobody got time for that, Kozuki Hiyori.

4/10

I was expecting a good episode, but the directing is poorly done.
Aug 5, 2023 9:08 PM
May 2022
GEAR 5 BABBBBYYYYY
Aug 5, 2023 9:09 PM
Apr 2021
Amazing eps askfjlajfklasjdlkfjasdf askdf asjdf askdfj askdf aksdfj aslkdf jasdf
Aug 5, 2023 9:11 PM
Sep 2016
i nutted so hard to this episode
Aug 5, 2023 9:11 PM

Jul 2021
i'm honestly very happy with the episode. ive been waiting since the reveal in the manga for this to be animated and they delivered overall the episode gets a 10/10 for me there of course could have been changes like not using cgi in that one scene but i could care less im just very happy to see gear 5 in action and to share this moment with everyone. 

I hope everyone enjoyed the episode. :)

Aug 5, 2023 9:13 PM

Sep 2017
Ayoooo this is crazy
Aug 5, 2023 9:18 PM
Aug 2022
Finally after waiting for over 1.3 years its here!

The drums of liberation!! Luffy's goofy power with kaidou's seriousness is a dynamic regiment.
Aug 5, 2023 9:24 PM
Jun 2022
peak episode man! I can't say anything I am short of words really.....🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶 still gives me goosebumps
Aug 5, 2023 9:24 PM
Apr 2023
increible el gear 5
Aug 5, 2023 9:26 PM
Feb 2019
Not trying to be different or anything (one piece is life) but I thought the episode was very underwhelming. They replayed the same animation of luffy jumping around for half the episode and then the fight while stunning was very hard to even understand what was happening on screen. I’m looking forward to next weeks episode, hoping it’ll get to a place where it matches zoro vs king.
Aug 5, 2023 9:28 PM
Jul 2023
GEAR 5TH FINALLY AWAKENED!!!
Aug 5, 2023 9:31 PM
Oct 2016
Everything I could have possibly wanted from this and a so much more.
The soundtrack is beyond phenomenal, The art and animation are downright beautiful.
This is a marvel of craftsmanship in so many fields and forms that it simply cant be understated, how good this is.
I have been proven right once again, my catharsis is warranted.
One Piece is PEAK.
Aug 5, 2023 9:31 PM
Jan 2008
When every episode of an ok long running show is peak nothing is peak.
Aug 5, 2023 9:32 PM

Jan 2016
Didn't expect Gear 5 to be THAT cartoony lol It blends well with the Devil Fruit's nature :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Aug 5, 2023 9:33 PM
Feb 2022
maybe i expected too much from gear 5 but i'm really utterly disappointed
animation was peak transformation was amazing but it just feel like i'm watching tom & jerry lol
tbh it's ridiculously overhyped
it was pretty okay episode
R4ndomdudeBTWAug 5, 2023 9:37 PM
Aug 5, 2023 9:36 PM
Jun 2022
one of the best episodes
Aug 5, 2023 9:38 PM
Nov 2022
this is peak.....
Aug 5, 2023 9:39 PM
Jul 2020
This episode sucked. no clear animation. I wanted to see the fight and just got bright colors and poor animation quality. If anyone appreciates this episode i would be a firm believer that one piece fans have stockholm syndrome and cant even see faults in the anime. Very disappointing after having waited for so long for this episode. 
Aug 5, 2023 9:40 PM
Jul 2021
UM LIXO ABSURDO! A MAIOR PORCARIA DE 2023!
Aug 5, 2023 9:42 PM
Jul 2022
peak fucking fiction, absolutely marvelous
Aug 5, 2023 9:43 PM
Jan 2021
peak fictiion cant wait for the next ep
Aug 5, 2023 9:45 PM

Oct 2014
lmao they completely didn't know what to do with the animation
it's by far the weirdest and most inconsistent episode of one piece, I'm very disappointed

Jan 2021
Luffy is the goat the goat know one is doing it like One Piece this episode was PEAK Gear 5 is so sick I can’t believe it Luffy is a Zohen type devil fruit Human-Human fruit this is peak
Jul 2020
LUFFY’S 5TH GEAR IS BASICALLY TOON FORCE 👀
Jun 2022
what an episode, such a perfect adaptation
Aug 5, 2023 9:47 PM
Jan 2020
although the episode still had the usual one piece "content stretching" like a quick flashback from last episode or the same panel repeated a couple of times i still find it one of the top one piece episodes
the cartooniness suited gear 5's power very well and i kinda expected then
and besides i feel like this episode definitely falls under the category where the expectations are so high that they probably can never be fulfilled 
loved the episode tho 
9/10
SamuraiAngerAug 5, 2023 9:54 PM
Aug 5, 2023 9:50 PM

Apr 2016
They made such creative filler fights for Luffy vs Kaidou pre G5 and then, for the most hyped moment of the arc, all we see is...this? An almost 1:1 storyboard with slow pacing?

Man, they removed part of the opening theme, removed the recap moment and THEN they had the brilliant idea to keep the same slow pace it always had? The same exactly FUCKING pacing as when the episode starts at 6:00, but the difference is that this episode actually starts at 1:30? Just...why...? Keeping Hiyori part here and wasting time with flashbacks of the previous episode instead of moving this whole scene to the next episode was a very irresponsible decision. I know it is like that in the manga, but the focus of this episode is mainly Luffy. Disturbing the pacing of the awakening, which is something that has much meaning, isn't smart.

Seriously, this episode should've been animators playground for doing whatever they want to; the most perfect moment to expand fights, as how it has been done for so long. I feel like the choices for this episode have wasted some of the most beautiful animations this anime ever had. I kinda feel sad for this. 

The pros of 1071 are: splendid and expressive animation, amazing sound effects and a new ending song after a long time

The cons are: bad pacing as always, Hiyori part slowing even more the slow pace this anime has and the way the animation was reused to reduce even more the pacing

I don't mean to say they should have done 20 minutes of full sakuga, especially because this is absolute madness to everyone who works at a weekly anime. What I mean is, resources should have been managed better and most part of the episode should have been just Luffy making fun of Kaidou. I guess episode 870 (Luffy vs Katakuri) is the best example of what I am trying to say. Animators sure had fun doing things on #1071, but for a very short time. I guess the priority will be when 1072 releases, but still...still leaves a bad taste in the mouth, even more remembering that this chapter has only 13 pages.
OhmenaAug 5, 2023 10:10 PM

Aug 5, 2023 9:55 PM
Apr 2020
Interesting reveal and power, but all that flashbacks ruined it in the end.
Dec 2016
10/10

masterpiece 🤩💖
May 2019
JoyBoy has Returned
Aug 5, 2023 9:57 PM
Jun 2021
man i can bet my life that in kaido's whole lifespan noone ever pulled him like this and give that spin 😂. during whole episode kaido was like "what the f*ck is even going on" literally any other villain than kaido would sh*t his pants if there were to witness this epic moment 😂
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1102 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

26 by phantom346 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 362 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Jul 17, 2008

59 by bakakisima »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

329 by ThreeSwordStyle7 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 361 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ironkarma - Jul 15, 2008

77 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

» Egghead's pacing has been spectacular!

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

11 by Spartacus2525 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.