Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2023 4:32 PM
Dec 2016
Dmoneh said:
fatimilla_z said:
For me it's one of the best episodes in the history of animation.

Thats a huge stretch considering it was all talking and no action
You gotta be trolling dude
Aug 3, 2023 4:37 PM
Sep 2019
Leysoh said:
emredesu said:
bro what a dogshit anime this is slowly turning into, holy shit

dude decides to become an antagonist after hearing a single sentence from a random woman he's never met before?
media illiteracy in its purest form right here ladies and gentlemen

bandwagoning at its finest gentleman, agree with the popular opinion and never criticize anything
Aug 3, 2023 4:39 PM
Aug 2023
Akihara_Jim said:
Dmoneh said:

Not in the slightest. This was a weak ep and I wouldn’t rewatch it ever again
Aug 3, 2023 4:39 PM
Oct 2020
Yo I don't get the people hating on the animation and saying it took a nosedive when it looks FUCKING AMAZING to me. Maybe I need my eyes checked? or new glasses?
Aug 3, 2023 4:40 PM

Jan 2023
(Anime watcher only)

Honestly… this episode like a really rare misstep to me - from a pacing standpoint. I’ll probably get flamed here, but my gut reaction is that this episode went way too fast on some crucial plot elements. All of a sudden Geto is bad? That’s literally like a 2 episode character turn around from him. That shit really needed to breathe more, in my opinion.

Also, there were a few spots with really shit animation. I’ll forgive that, it’s really just nitpicking.

I think I only feel this way because I hold the series in such high regard, and it’s been so fantastic up to this. I’m sure this is just a blip - but that’s my gut reaction to it. I’m sure I’m against the majority here.
Aug 3, 2023 4:47 PM
Nov 2016
The motivation drive for characters in this show is such bullshit, was it so easy for Geto to accept the path he was going down? 1 random female gave him 2 options and just accept it without critical thinking or rumination.. The editing in the episode just makes it wierd as the next thing happens right after without any real build up to it, he just accepted it and boom now he is "evil". 
Aug 3, 2023 4:49 PM
Jan 2023
part me of hates the intro just having to see the beautiful and lovable riko again
Aug 3, 2023 4:55 PM

Apr 2021
Dmoneh said:
fatimilla_z said:
For me it's one of the best episodes in the history of animation.

I really don't understand comments like this that talk as if the whole concept of "good animation" is limited to action.
Aug 3, 2023 4:56 PM
Feb 2023
alfin entendi un poco como gojo era tan poderoso xd
Aug 3, 2023 5:02 PM
Nov 2016
Oongbuh said:
Dmoneh said:

I really don't understand comments like this that talk as if the whole concept of "good animation" is limited to action.
Action is what matters in animation when it comes to battle shows, who cares if someone flip their hands around like a troll. What a lot of people get wrong with animation is that they think its all about more frames = better and not how its executed, impact frames, creativity, etc. 
Aug 3, 2023 5:04 PM

Aug 2020
4.5/5

Directorial masterclass this episode. Easily one of the best adaption by MAPPA & also my favorite of JJK episode by far

The animation remained tidy & consistent throughout the run-time giving us abundance amount of Gosso's cinematic chops. Some shot compositions were otherworldly especially, the close up facial shots. The sound design were off the charts especially during those rain & water auditory transitions

Geto was the focal point of this episode and I gotta say, his portrayal of despair and dilemma was more amplified than the manga, which I absolutely prefer. Yuki was introduced and her presence might have triggered Geto into becoming a fugitive and monkey hating psychopath. Gojo bitched out whilst Geto farms more curses, it's sad really!! Now, we prepare for shibuya, see y'all in 4 weeks for the madness ~~
Aug 3, 2023 5:09 PM
Aug 2023
Oongbuh said:
Dmoneh said:

Action scenes do the best to show quality of animation. A bunch of still shots at tired angles and crowds of people missing facial features doesn’t display that
Aug 3, 2023 5:12 PM

Apr 2020
emredesu said:
Leysoh said:
media illiteracy in its purest form right here ladies and gentlemen

bandwagoning at its finest gentleman, agree with the popular opinion and never criticize anything
phrasing it like that, it looks like you only "criticize" to be different lmao
"look guys i don't like [popular thing] i'm soooo coooool and unique and quirky!!"
like wtf, you really think i'm bandwagoning lmfao?

you claim you're "criticizing" the episode but really you're just insulting the anime with words, and oversimplifying plot points to make it look bad, literally 0 constructive criticism at all

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 3, 2023 5:13 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was wondering how Geto would end up going bad, and I did like the progression of him going down that path but I was’t biggest fan of the reasoning behind it, those clapping assholes were enough to get to him so bad he’d choose genocide, and Yuki was the one who put this idea in his head in the first place lol, and sadly Gojo never saw that his bro was going through it the whole time. Even after seeing all that I don’t see Geto as even a little bit justified but knowing his motivations is cool nonetheless.

And man, the reveal that there was another Star Plasma Vessel hurt, but I also had a feeling this was the case, rip Amanai once again. And I was kinda upset to see that one guy die after coming back from his mission too, but not much because we didn’t really see much of him, rip that guy tho. And we finally saw lil’ Fushiguro at the end too, and not long after the original trio once again, feels kinda weird seeing them again after being in the past so long but it felt good too lol. So I guess this means we’re officially done with this past arc, it was a good one, quite enjoyed it.

Now to wait for basically a month for the next episode, but in the meantime maybe I’ll finally watch the movie lol.
TheColonel76Aug 3, 2023 6:32 PM
Aug 3, 2023 5:16 PM
Sep 2019
Leysoh said:
emredesu said:

"look guys i don't like [popular thing] i'm soooo coooool and unique and quirky!!"

you claim you're "criticizing" the episode but really you're just insulting the anime with words, and oversimplifying plot points to make it look bad, literally 0 constructive criticism at all

there is nothing to give constructive criticism as the anime is clearly straying from its original story from the first season, and just trying to appeal to bandwagoners who think "wow dude gojo is so cooool"

if you genuinely think this episode carries any deep meaning I do not have any time to waste on you. keep enjoying your boilerplate anime with heated up concepts until you realize "man, this carries no originality nor any meaning"
Aug 3, 2023 5:17 PM

Apr 2020
Shalick said:
The motivation drive for characters in this show is such bullshit, was it so easy for Geto to accept the path he was going down? 1 random female gave him 2 options and just accept it without critical thinking or rumination.. The editing in the episode just makes it wierd as the next thing happens right after without any real build up to it, he just accepted it and boom now he is "evil". 
it's not just 1 woman who gave him 2 options that made him go bad, like do I really fucking have to say this??? all of the buildup since episode 1, did y'all just forget that?

honestly it might be that, it might just be that y'all forgot, because everything has to be explicit for you guys, there's no room for subtlety, anything implicit or just told visually and it's too much for you guys, it has to be spoon-fed for y'all to grasp certain plot points, i'm so done for this community is doomed

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 3, 2023 5:21 PM

Dec 2020
This season is some HEAT i can't even lie
Aug 3, 2023 5:21 PM

Apr 2020
emredesu said:
Leysoh said:

there is nothing to give constructive criticism as the anime is clearly straying from its original story from the first season, and just trying to appeal to bandwagoners who think "wow dude gojo is so cooool"

if you genuinely think this episode carries any deep meaning I do not have any time to waste on you. keep enjoying your boilerplate anime with heated up concepts until you realize "man, this carries no originality nor any meaning"
okay now I know you just hate popular things lmaoo, or you just hold a grudge agains't jjk for some reason, wtf are those claims bruh, do you even hear yourself rn
this mf so delusional

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 3, 2023 5:24 PM
Sep 2019
Leysoh said:
emredesu said:

okay now I know you just hate popular things lmaoo, or you just hold a grudge agains't jjk for some reason, wtf are those claims bruh, do you even hear yourself rn
this mf so delusional

that's funny, because you have a ryo profile pictuee and I gave bocchi the rock a 10/10, even though it is way more popular than jjk :)

I do not hate popular things, I hate it when they are bandwagoned to be popular when they don't deserve it. you can't even defend what makes this episode so good. stop talking.
Aug 3, 2023 5:28 PM
Oct 2019
Bruhh Haibara dead?
we got jebaited again by the OP and ED.

Damn so that's why Geto changed. Yuki kinda give Geto the push with that short conversation.
It's all building up from Episode 1 and he finally snapped.
That was a heart breaking moment seeing Gojo and Geto part away like that.

Now patiently waiting for 3 weeks till Shibuya Arc start.

Damn people in MAL really love to debate about the Animation.
what a loser LMAO
davidyodo24Aug 3, 2023 5:32 PM
Aug 3, 2023 5:42 PM

Apr 2020
emredesu said:
Leysoh said:
this mf so delusional

that's funny, because you have a ryo profile pictuee and I gave bocchi the rock a 10/10, even though it is way more popular than jjk :)

I do not hate popular things, I hate it when they are bandwagoned to be popular when they don't deserve it. you can't even defend what makes this episode so good. stop talking.
i can, i just won't because that would be wasting my time, you're so entitled to your opinion and arguing with you would lead to nothing 

your hate for JJK is fueled by your hate for its "bandwagoning" so it is biased. it literally blinds you to the point where you think it doesn't deserve its popularity when in reality it's just YOU that think it doesn't because of your media illiteracy

+ bocchi isn't WAY MORE popular than jjk, like cmon man be a bit more objective at least here

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 3, 2023 5:46 PM
Sep 2019
Leysoh said:
emredesu said:

i can, i just won't because that would be wasting my time, you're so entitled to your opinion and arguing with you would lead to nothing 

your hate for JJK is fueled by your hate for its "bandwagoning" so it is biased. it literally blinds you to the point where you think it doesn't deserve its popularity when in reality it's just YOU that think it doesn't because of your media illiteracy

+ bocchi isn't WAY MORE popular than jjk, like cmon man be a bit more objective at least here

hahah what the hell are you saying man, I loved the first season, I've went to a movie theatre to watch the jjk movie and now because I've expressed my discontent with the way this season is going you're acting like I fucking want to burn the mappa studio down? you really gotta stay off of twitter pardner, and I will not be responding to a twitter sheep any further lmfao
Aug 3, 2023 5:49 PM

Apr 2020
emredesu said:
Leysoh said:

hahah what the hell are you saying man, I loved the first season, I've went to a movie theatre to watch the jjk movie and now because I've expressed my discontent with the way this season is going you're acting like I fucking want to burn the mappa studio down? you really gotta stay off of twitter pardner, and I will not be responding to a twitter sheep any further lmfao
wtf has twitter got to do here, if anything you're the one that's gotta stay off those apps, from those "bandwagoning" people lmao if that's gonna influence so much your enjoyment of a series

you keep responding doe, it's kinda entertaining ngl

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 3, 2023 5:59 PM
Aug 2017
This episode is a good example of how to tell if an anime is better than a manga, without even reading the manga b4 watching the show.

The sound transition beetween the claps from the audience to the sound of the bathering water or the raining water clashing in the windows creating emphasis and impacting Geto thoughts were a example a genius directing.

But honestly, calling people "Monkeys" from nowhere was very stupid, the way how the narrative evolved the "demons have bad taste'" to all humans that are not sorcerers deserve to die was very fastfood quality content.

If you're going to be simple and straight forward about your plot origins, why even botter to waste so many time trying to give these weird explanations, you're literally asking for people to question your writting and developvement scenarios.

I dont know, Jujutsu Kaisen really believes that have some plot going on with deep characters, but its just mediocre bs, with some aweomse fights and animations

Aug 3, 2023 6:09 PM
Jul 2023
this epidose was sickk
i just feel bad about geto how yuki manipulated him fr

overall this episode was a banger
Aug 3, 2023 6:23 PM
Dec 2022
the shower scene-
Aug 3, 2023 6:30 PM
Jan 2022
My babies are back!!!
Aug 3, 2023 6:32 PM
May 2021
Fantastic!!! is one of the episodes that I liked the most of this second season, the fantastic thing is how they put together the sounds of applause with the sound of rain and how geto has that villain development, the moral conflicts simply wonderful. Too bad the other episode is not until August 31.
Aug 3, 2023 6:35 PM

Nov 2019
Suguru's thought process slowly spiralling out of the high school standards, but its as Yuki says, he's not wrong. Loved how the directors kept a constant theme of clapping and the trauma it brings for him ue.

KFC breakup retold with Suguru's side shown this time, it still hurts badly TT.TT. Its also wild seeing the official KFC twitter mentioning them as well o(-(

Satoru's constant looks of insanity, paried with Yuuichi-san's vocals were perfection too

Baby Gumi <33 Loved that squished panel of him dawww

Guess its time to wait for the 31st for the next episode now... not ready for Shibuya arc at all o(-(
Aug 3, 2023 6:36 PM
Nov 2016
Another awesome episode, I'm loving this season so damn much, so far this is better than S1 IMHO, this seems to be a more serious season and I hope it stays that way, the 1st season is nice but I kinda disliked the comedy there, it has a lot of crappy comedy and I dislike bad comedy, this season is more serious, it barely has comedy and the comedy here isn't that bad so yeah, I'm loving this season so far.

So this is where Getou turns into a bad guy huh? I still want to know how he got the thing in his forehead, you know, the thing that looks like a brain transplant or something.
Aug 3, 2023 6:46 PM
Jun 2013
Leysoh said:
i am absolutely BAFFLED to see THAT many posts criticizing the direction/animation of the current season. 
i SWEAR to god we have to ban people who know absolutely nothing about artistic choices and cinematography in anime from voicing their opinions again, i don't have to justify anything, those with a working pair of eyes will actually see the greatness that is season 2 in terms of pure visuals and direction

Just change "non-sorcery people" to these idiots and you actually realise Getou has a pretty good point, f@cking monkeys! xD
Aug 3, 2023 6:46 PM
Jul 2022
atari2k said:
Nycro said:
Okay im worried about Shibuya. This episode had alot of parts that just looked bad like the crowd walking.
oh my god are you fucking kidding me? this was the best looking episode from jjk and probably top 3 that has ever been put out by mappa. you people have to be trolling.

u cant be fr. season 2 animation has actually been very solid for the most part but episode 5 is probably the worst animated episode of the entire series so far. it just took a massive dive in quality. thats not to say the animation is completely awful its just not at all on the level it has been.
Aug 3, 2023 6:50 PM
Jul 2023
Ballister said:
kottala said:
nice. although Geto's transformation could have been done better

curious but how so??
i just felt like he went from being a good guy to bad guy a bit fast. I don't know if it is at the same phase as in manga.
Aug 3, 2023 6:50 PM
Feb 2021
I find myself really loving Jujutsu Kaisen recently. While I think Season One did a really good job setting up the foundation of whats to come, I didn't feel all that passionate about it until this arc wrapped up. I now have a stronger appreciation for this series as a whole, and honestly it might be building up to be one of the best animes I've seen in a long time. Love this show, I hope it only gets better from here.
Aug 3, 2023 6:51 PM

Apr 2022
the more episodes come out, the more i enjoy it. really feels similar to csm and i'm all for it. another solid episode that looked good all round, and we see how geto's switch flips on those 'monkeys' lol with a little hand of yuki's to play, can't say i agree with geto but i totally get it. liked those rain scenes a lot but it was kinda trippy how the raindrops sounded like clapping.
we come back to the present and i'm actually sad, but mappa really cooked on every episode of the flashback, so i'm glad about that. hoping the rest of this adaptation is just as good or better.
Aug 3, 2023 6:52 PM
Oct 2022
Those Monkeys!!!
Aug 3, 2023 6:57 PM

Dec 2018
The trio is back and the next episode will be the continue from the first season huh?
Well, can't wait for it.

Aug 3, 2023 7:04 PM
Dec 2016
Dmoneh said:
Akihara_Jim said:

Not in the slightest. This was a weak ep and I wouldn’t rewatch it ever again
meh ~ you didn't even like jjk in the first place. Don't worry dude there is still alot of other anime in this world. Just move on and stop spreading toxic behaviour
Aug 3, 2023 7:05 PM
Nov 2016
I'm reading the comments here and wow, people are still complaining about the animation here, are you guys crazy? do you even know what bad animation is? you don't if you call this bad animation, the animation so far is pretty damn good, way above the standards, it may not have S1 level of choreography in the fight scenes but they are still pretty good and the animation (outside of the fight scenes) is fucking spectacular, how do you even call this bad animation? get your eyes checked for fucks sake.

If you want to know what bad animation is then point your fat greasy Doritos fingers to the filler episodes of One Piss, Classic Naruto, Classic Bleach, etc... they have bad, shitty animation, don't you dare point your fat greasy fingers to this season.
Aug 3, 2023 7:07 PM

May 2019
Entertaining episode with lots of interesting dialogue. Geto's motivations are... interesting I guess 😂. I'm not sure his thinking makes much sense tho. Excited for shibuya arc!
Aug 3, 2023 7:09 PM
Aug 2021
Oh okay, so only the first 5 episodes were part of the prequel. Ngl I understand why Geto's mind snapped. Can I say I agree with his actions no but can I say I understand his actions yes. There was a lot of death in Gojo's past. I didn't expect Geto to kill his parents though this shows true conviction in his actions EVEN THOUGH, the Zeni family proves his ideas are stupid. They are an elite family of sorcerers yet still produce duds therefore even if he erases all non-sorcerers there's no guarantee they will cease to exist and eventually, he will have an AOT situation😂.
Aug 3, 2023 7:13 PM

Jun 2021
Another great episode! Geto has completely gone to the other side. And that's how he found his purpose.
Back to the present. Yuji, Megumi, and Nobara with Gojo-sensei, it's nice to see them again. I'm excited for the upcoming arc to be animated.
Aug 3, 2023 7:25 PM

Mar 2007
Oh man, Geto actually has a good reason for Breaking Bad.

First, all the stress from being the clean up guy.

Then the normal people giving birth to new curses just because they distrust Curse users.

He's in a no win situation. I can't say I blame him, not after what blondie told him was true.
Aug 3, 2023 7:53 PM
Aug 2020
amazeballs direction was super duper
Aug 3, 2023 8:18 PM

Apr 2016
Bath and rain scene sounding like claps as Geto gets more and more mentally worse is one of the greatest moments of this anime as a whole. Can't forget to say how the anime direction made confusing pages from the manga look so beautiful and interpretative. The candles with blue fire part was amazingly done, man. Loved how they showed Getou's decision by using a candle going out. Not only that! The way the direction had such freedom in the 6+ minutes of massive dialogue with Yuki is something worthy of tons of praise. Keeping the viewer interested in scenes of pure dialogue must be something very difficult to achieve and this one definitely was breathtaking.

Seriously, jjk fandom complain for no fucking reason. They have such a great adaptation of their favorite thing and still cry for ???. I really can't understand this. That's why the better fandoms are, most of the time, those who get a bad adaptation of their favorite novel/manga. Only those who had suffered know how to enjoy.

Aug 3, 2023 8:25 PM
Apr 2022
Perfect chapter for the end this arc
Aug 3, 2023 8:38 PM
Oct 2022
A boring episode with no battles or action
Aug 3, 2023 9:02 PM
May 2023
Making a good villain is one of the hardest things to do in media. Especially with the downfall and a switch from believable good guy to believable bad guy. I know the show already is one of the most popular but it really does deserve it with episodes like this. 6/5.
Aug 3, 2023 9:06 PM
Jun 2015
We finally understand how Geto became the way he is today. He tried to stay strong and adhere to his ideals, but he became jaded and lost his reason, thus adopting a new way of thinking.

I felt bad for Gojo because I know he felt betrayed. Going from friend to foe in an instant, despite their long history of partnership. Unfortunately, Gojo wouldn’t understand because he’s simply strong and like Geto said, didn’t have to experience those redundant, seemingly pointless mission that Geto did. No answer from Geto would have helped Gojo understand.

It was good seeing Gojo approach Megumi, leading to that transition of present timeframe where he now calls him Sensei.

I was wondering how they would go from the past to the present. I liked how they transitioning to the present, by having Gojo woken from his sleep by not only Megumi calling him Sensei, but the rest of the gang. It made it seem like Gojo was dreaming and reminiscing, but the viewers were also living in the past with him, experiencing all the emotions he was.

Time for what’s to come
Aug 3, 2023 9:06 PM

Nov 2017
From this eps, storyline is jujutsu movie 0, right?

Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

531 by xXMaoZedongXx »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Nov 16, 2023

610 by Fiorno »»
Apr 26, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Dec 21, 2023

242 by DoisacChopper »»
Apr 26, 4:44 PM

» I just love how Gojo edits have evolved (may contain spoilers)

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 20

15 by -starryskies- »»
Apr 26, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jul 20, 2023

550 by Artemis076 »»
Apr 25, 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.