Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 16, 2023 6:31 PM
Nov 2013
I don't have words... It's simply amazing to see another kind o Jack, the Ripper.
Jul 18, 2023 8:24 PM

Aug 2015
I had no idea that Mr.John Kaleidoscope himself would appear in this OVA, and his dialogue about "The Spider" is just pure hype. Even if this is not related to the ORT in FGO, it's still a nice reference.

Now, as far as I remember the Fate Zelretch and Tsukihime Zelretch have different lore, so I would assume he is not an apostle here. Now I wonder who was he talking to.
Jul 18, 2023 8:26 PM

Jan 2023
See if I was a Fate watcher, I'd probably enjoy this a lot more. However, I am not so I basically went into this blind.

Still enjoyable however and A-1 hit this with a tactical nuke on the visuals.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Jul 19, 2023 11:06 AM

Feb 2019
Beautiful and epic.

This upcoming anime might be the next big thing in the Fate franchise. After that I hope they will animate the Lostbelts.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jul 19, 2023 9:39 PM

Apr 2008
What in the world did Waiver win in the mail?? Jack the Ripper's ripper from Scotland Yard's evidence vault? How? xD
Jul 20, 2023 1:50 PM
Jan 2012
Spirelord said:
What in the world did Waiver win in the mail?? Jack the Ripper's ripper from Scotland Yard's evidence vault? How? xD
A few months earlier— El-Melloi II had played the game “Night Wars of the British Empire”.
He had mail-ordered the game from Japan, thinking that it would be a wargame about the various legendary knights of England. Alas, the Japanese do not distinguish between the homophones “knight” and “night” in writing, and in this case, they had meant the latter. The game’s protagonist was based on a real person, who wandered the streets of London at night while fighting against the maddened personality within him. At times, he would also end up fighting demons. It was one of those adventure games.
Even though it wasn’t what he was expecting, El-Melloi played the game until he cleared it, and jotted down a list of his honest opinions about the game. First on that list was his opinion that “the game’s title leaves something to be desired”. When he turned the survey card over, he noticed that there was some information about the prizes he could win in those sweepstakes. If you send in this card, you could be one of 100 lucky winners to receive a replica of a knife with Jack the Ripper’s signature on it! (Sheath included)
Like hell Jack the Ripper would inscribe his name on a knife.
He snorted at the thought. He lost interest in the prize itself, and returned to impassively writing down his thoughts about the game. And all the while, he was utterly unaware of what that survey card would end up bringing about.
Basically, Jack was summoned with a toy that had nothing to do with him at all. Unless there's a secret hidden reason we don't know of yet.
Jul 30, 2023 3:53 AM
Jan 2022
Man this ep was so good, hope the TV series comes out soon with same quality
Aug 3, 2023 11:26 AM

Oct 2017
Wanted to watch this when the TV series came out but was like whatever and went for it. As expected from Narita, dude never misses. This was quite an exciting way to start the series. I really liked it and looking forward to the tv anime.
Aug 6, 2023 9:15 PM

Aug 2014
I enjoyed Fate/Zero

I did not enjoy any of the other Fate animes, anything related with Fate. 

But this Fate/Strange/Fake was fun fun fun, and I cant wait for more. 

I really wanna see whos the Servant of the girl on the bed; I liked its spookiness. 

I did not like the many constant comedy moments; we dont need that, but whatever, I can overlook it. 

I did not like that a Dog/Wof/Chimera/whatever, was a master. COME ON
oooo3333Aug 6, 2023 9:19 PM
Aug 11, 2023 8:50 AM

Apr 2012
I have two questions. How far is this from the original draft of Fate Night and is it a prologue or an alternate "in universe" version of the upcoming series?
Aug 19, 2023 3:09 PM

Feb 2014
This was really good. Definitely has the vibe of Fate/Zero. Seems like the 4th Holy Grail War happened in this timeline, but not the 5th? Also kind of neat that a Native American is a master trying to reclaim her people’s land.

And I’m interested in the MC and her servant which I guess is Saber somehow. Seems like she and her servant captures the spirit of the duo from Fate/Prototype in a way.

I’m definitely looking forward to the full series.

EDIT:

Ok so it seems like the 5th war happened in strange fake. It seems to be an alternative version of the fate route or UBW route.
LoomyTheBrewAug 19, 2023 3:22 PM
Sep 10, 2023 3:23 PM
Jan 2021
god ultra-god gilgamesh
Sep 12, 2023 4:57 PM
Mar 2019
Not sure if i'm getting fed up with these Grail Wars, not looking forward to more after this.
At least thee is new characters.
I will have forgot this by the time the series starts.
bushman66Sep 12, 2023 5:01 PM
Sep 15, 2023 6:54 PM

Feb 2014
Meh

In my opinion it was a waste of time.

Most characters annoying and one-dimensional (Gilgamesh again for example and specially the evil/bad masters); assassin and berseker I enjoyed though.

Maybe I am also fed up with the same thing (Grail Wars) over and over and this one didn´t have anything that triggered me to look forward for more.

When I realized I was skipping some scenes here and then.

Action scenes/animation aside, I don´t really have hopes for the full version of this Fate, at least this was my first impression.

4/10
TechOtakuSep 15, 2023 8:34 PM
Sep 16, 2023 5:25 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The word change of place!
New characters with strange powers and new rules!
seems a large first episode full of action and mysteries!

Waiting for the anime series continuation...

6/10

kekeke
Sep 16, 2023 5:25 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Reply to zaza1234
Is this a prologue with a guaranteed show coming or is it all we have for now with the hope for a show.
great prologue!!
kekeke
Sep 16, 2023 5:26 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Reply to Nilvius
Oh, pretty strong start. Here's to hoping the main series will retain the same level of quality. 
Yes, full of action!!!!
kekeke
Sep 16, 2023 5:27 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Reply to AtomicDraco07
Gilgamesh is the bone of his sword goddamn 🔥🔥
Gil is burning!! kekeke
Sep 19, 2023 8:28 AM

Oct 2019
Saber: "Are you my master?"
Girl: "No."
Saber: :(

The end.

Truly strange fate experience.
Sep 22, 2023 8:48 PM
Apr 2023

Man how good the animation was
This video proves it

Mod edit: Removed advertisement
FluffygreygrassSep 30, 2023 6:49 AM
Oct 15, 2023 4:06 PM

Jun 2012
Just give us a full blown movie with Gilg as the MC, none of the other bs characters.
Nov 12, 2023 7:03 PM

Oct 2022
That was amazing. Gilgamesh and Enkidu, an even more awesome version of Hassan of the seven shadows, and JACK is BACK
The dub is excellent, A1 pictures and Mappa did an incredible job with how it looks, this is anime at its best.
Nov 14, 2023 9:23 AM
Feb 2019
I mean the animation were awesome, but story doesn't make any sense at all, we have no idea about characters and entire thing is messy, convoluted typical Fate show that could be good but require knowing source. This anime is not good on its own yet, its more like promotion for something that doesn't yet exist.
Jan 11, 2:50 PM
Jul 2023
This will be the best fate series. I doubt it will top the heavens feel movies, but wow. This is amazing and I loved every second of it. The soundtrack was phenomenal as well. The fight between Enkidu and Gilgamesh was peak. Holy shit am I excited!
Jan 27, 7:13 PM
Sep 2023
peak. It was a very good adaptation of the manga
Feb 11, 12:33 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
kinda forgot about it. Saw no "bd releases" but then I forgot this is TV special, so there would been no BD releases anyways xD Remembered this again since I'm back on fate train. Watching kaleid franchise (last fate thing to watch)

Anyhow.. watched this inbetween.

anyways, seems pretty interesting. So timeline wise it's alternate timeline that takes place after zero but before fate stay night? Something inbetween at least. Consdering Waver is grown up here. For starters it's more modern take of "fate", takes place in "murica" so we have some "funky" OST. We also have mandatory twisted/dark characters and some new interesting heroic spirits. And we have our best buddies Gligamesh and Enkido going at it again xD

All things considering I were intrigued about the running plot, the heroic spirits and the overall characters. So I'm looking forwards to full series.

Animation was also great, but Loved heavens feel movies and grand order movies animation style a lot more.
Feb 19, 10:36 PM

May 2021
Read both manga and light novel and still hype over Gilgamesh’s huge involvment in strange fake
Just noticed this even existed coming from the fact its a 1 hour special showing basic introduction
Not sure about A-1 Pictures given there history with apocrypha
Karva1Feb 19, 10:40 PM
Inhales oxygen
Mar 10, 12:59 PM

Apr 2013
So this was basically a huge setup episode for a future season? Definitely made me interested in a sequel, but as a standalone movie this was not that exciting.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» How is this connected to Fate/Zero?

Kinoberg - Jul 10, 2023

30 by salad77 »»
Oct 24, 2023 6:14 PM

» Ruler class

youchl - Jul 17, 2023

5 by SteelingMax »»
Sep 24, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Ive only seen Fate Zero both seasons

RimuruTari - Sep 4, 2023

13 by SteelingMax »»
Sep 24, 2023 12:28 AM

» I am completely lost

Mathi786 - Sep 7, 2023

7 by Mathi786 »»
Sep 8, 2023 6:12 AM

» Help Me Please

isolated-otaku - Aug 14, 2023

15 by The_Bad_Shah »»
Aug 17, 2023 6:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.