Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 2, 8:20 PM

Oct 2023
Holy cow, I thinking to put in my top romantics animes
Feb 2, 9:05 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to Ragnar00lobrock
Holy cow, I thinking to put in my top romantics animes
@Ragnar00lobrock

Feb 9, 7:30 AM

Apr 2013
Okay, Yamada is really trying now, but Ichikawa is a bit slow to get the hints. That emo phase of his was a bit concerning, but I feel like that just made them grow closer. Who wouldn't like a hug from Yamada?
Feb 10, 8:17 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This is beautiful. Such a sweet and wholesome romance. I love these two.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 24, 11:36 PM

Jul 2022
The ending of this episode is just perfect. The way that kyoutarou realized that Yamada truly love him and not used him is amazing. That hug in the end almost makes me tear up. 5/5

Mar 3, 2:38 PM

Mar 2010
Damn shit got pretty deep for a bit. Wish it lasted longer can't lie. Now they are all buddy buddy again. And tbf his doubts are not unfounded. gals are always using bro's for any givin reason.
Damn tho texting in a relationship is fucking annoying lolz .

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 12, 4:12 AM

Jun 2016
Upon re-watching episode 9, I'm confronted by the question of whether it was right of Ichikawa to lie to Yamada about why he'd been avoiding her. Obviously telling the truth there would have some merits, not to mention be a massive hurdle and be oversharing but ...

On second thought he was probably right to lie and say he was just busy. Although as an man my judgement here isn't valuable.
Mar 23, 10:55 AM

Mar 2014
The worst episode so far, initially the author portrays him as a guy who can pick up on allusions and contexts, but then suddenly lowers his IQ and has him acting like an idiot who doesn't understand anything, all to create some dumb, temporary drama - I hate that.
Mar 25, 1:52 PM
Jul 2014
Reply to Mailo91
The worst episode so far, initially the author portrays him as a guy who can pick up on allusions and contexts, but then suddenly lowers his IQ and has him acting like an idiot who doesn't understand anything, all to create some dumb, temporary drama - I hate that.
@Mailo91 I think you misunderstand. He knew what was happening but he made himself believe the worst possible outcome to protect himself from disappointment. He literally says "I know she's not like that" "If I can't have it I will convince myself that I hate it"
Mar 25, 2:38 PM

Mar 2014
Reply to Breakdown007
@Mailo91 I think you misunderstand. He knew what was happening but he made himself believe the worst possible outcome to protect himself from disappointment. He literally says "I know she's not like that" "If I can't have it I will convince myself that I hate it"
@Breakdown007 It was only at the end of the drama that he said it, fooling himself the entire time... so what is it if not idiocy? He didn't seem like that at all in the beginning, this is the trope I hate, "making the MC look like an idiot temporarily to advance the plot"...
Mar 25, 2:46 PM
Jul 2014
Reply to Mailo91
@Breakdown007 It was only at the end of the drama that he said it, fooling himself the entire time... so what is it if not idiocy? He didn't seem like that at all in the beginning, this is the trope I hate, "making the MC look like an idiot temporarily to advance the plot"...
@Mailo91 he had that mindset from the beginning "If I can't have it I will convince myself that I hate it". You forgot that he wanted to see them dead at the start of the series? He thought that he can't have friends so he told himself that he hates them. Here he got afraid of getting hurt by Yamada so he told himself that he hates her. It's very consistent.
Mar 25, 2:56 PM

Mar 2014
Reply to Breakdown007
@Mailo91 he had that mindset from the beginning "If I can't have it I will convince myself that I hate it". You forgot that he wanted to see them dead at the start of the series? He thought that he can't have friends so he told himself that he hates them. Here he got afraid of getting hurt by Yamada so he told himself that he hates her. It's very consistent.
@Breakdown007 But he had no trouble reading the atmosphere... and after everything that happened between them, something suddenly switched in his head and he started ignoring her, which is just nonsense. If there were a valid reason for it, I would understand.
Mar 25, 3:08 PM
Jul 2014
Reply to Mailo91
@Breakdown007 But he had no trouble reading the atmosphere... and after everything that happened between them, something suddenly switched in his head and he started ignoring her, which is just nonsense. If there were a valid reason for it, I would understand.
@Mailo91 his reason was that she used him as a shield from senpai (she grabbed Ichikawa and pretended to kiss him infront of the senpai so he would leave her alone), he got afraid that she might have been using him the whole time and then he gaslighted himself into thinking that he hates her hence the title of the episode "I hate Yamada". His old mindset came back to protect him. Only when she started crying and he saw that she still had the tissues that he gave to her he stopped gaslighting himself
Apr 4, 7:24 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to Mailo91
@Mailo91 well…. Love is never rational….
Apr 15, 9:13 AM
Jan 2023
Loved the Re:Zero reference! I do wonder how they got away with that though.

Failing to get what is basically a phone number, I'm sure that hurt...

They played this one well, and Ichikawa is looking less and less like a creep by the episode.
Apr 27, 11:44 AM

Jun 2008
This anime makes me miss school and being dense. Now I finished my studies I no longer have cute females characters to being dense with unu

Apr 29, 3:27 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
It was obvious from the start she wanted his Line ID, so she could chat outside school, it was so adorable her attempts to do it, but he was a bit slow (as expected to notice it).
Seems like that creep is finally out of her range for good, ever since that episode where he grabs her arm and demands to have her line ID... this dude is a trash, a forceful piece of shit.

The last 7 minutes of this episode are critically EFFECTIVE in messing your emotions up, romance at its peak, that young fluffy romance, I never get bored of seeing, the direction was great for it too.
Probably the best episode yet, when most of them have been good already.

This is another good opportunity to say I enjoy the opening and ending themes, they complement the anime rather than being average.
I m not judging the quality of the source material, but this adaptation was certainly put in the hands of people who care about doing it right because they did a wonderful job.
PlaycoolApr 29, 3:30 AM
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

369 by -Drown »»
Yesterday, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

121 by Playcool »»
Apr 28, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

280 by Playcool »»
Apr 28, 3:43 PM

» The femal cast support the MC too fast?

passtur - Apr 15

22 by Mattinator95 »»
Apr 26, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2023

142 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 15, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.