Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 14, 2023 5:12 PM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Publisher Kodansha announced on Wednesday the winners of its 47th annual manga awards in each of three categories. Winners are listed in bold alongside other nominated works.

Shounen
Akane-banashi by Yuuki Suenaga and Takamasa Moue, publishing in Weekly Shounen Jump
Kaoru Hana wa Rin to Saku by Saka Mikami, publishing in Magazine Pocket
Gachiakuta by Kei Urana, publishing in Weekly Shounen Magazine
Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su by Katarina and Ryousuke Fuji, publishing in Weekly Shounen Magazine
Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange by Masahito Soda, publishing in Monthly Shounen Magazine

Shoujo
Ano Ko no Kodomo by Mamoru Aoi, publishing in Bessatsu Friend
Uruwashi no Yoi no Tsuki by Mika Yamamori, publishing in Dessert
Tamon-kun Ima Docchi!? by Yuki Shiwasu, publishing in Hana to Yume
Yubisaki to Renren by Suu Morishita, publishing in Dessert

General
Onna no Sono no Hoshi by Yama Wayama, publishing in Feel Young
Skip to Loafer by Misaki Takamatsu, publishing in Afternoon
Darwin Jihen by Shun Umezawa, publishing in Afternoon
Manshuu Ahen Squad by Tsukasa Monma and Shikako, publishing in Weekly Young Magazine
Medalist by Tsurumaikada, publishing in Afternoon
Liaison: Kodomo no Kokoro Shinryoujo by Yuusaku Takemura and Yeong-chan, publishing in Morning

The selection committee of the 47th Kodansha Manga Awards is composed of mangaka Tsunami Umino (Nigeru wa Haji daga Yaku ni Tatsu), Etsushi Ogawa (Chuuka Ichiban!), Kouji Kumeta (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei), Kaoru Hayamine (Machi no Tom & Sawyer), Akiko Higashimura (Kuragehime), Norifusa Mita (Investor Z), and Makoto Yukimura (Vinland Saga).

Source: Comic Natalie 1, 2

← Previous Year

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
May 14, 2023 5:29 PM
Jul 2021
Skip and Loafer big W
May 14, 2023 5:53 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Huh, A Sign of Affection lost for the shoujo category award again?

Well, the winning shoujo series just got published in English, so I'll wait for more volumes to come out before seeing all its hype...
May 14, 2023 7:39 PM

Oct 2018
Fario-P said:

Well, the winning shoujo series just got published in English, so I'll wait for more volumes to come out before seeing all its hype...
I'll always advocate for A Sign of Affection winning any award (cause it rightfully deserves it) but I gotta admit My Girlfriend's Child was the strongest contender among the shoujo nominees. Rightfully got this win in my opinion.

Unique premise for a manga as it discusses teen pregnancy in a mindful way and gorgeous art work. I can tell the author put a lot of research and care into this series just by reading its first volume. Hell, even other mangaka like Vinland Saga's creator Makoto Yukimura publicly recommended My Girlfriend's Child on his official twitter account. 

Honestly, I can't wait to read more.
May 14, 2023 8:37 PM

May 2015
Fario-P said:

Reading the synopsis of the winner on its maga page made me super excited! The premise itself is so interesting and at the same time so rarely explored in this medium. I am sure this will get a movie adaptation then an anime adaptation might arrive as well a bit later.

I will check on the qquality of the drawing somewhere then I may buy the english translated manga. The published volumes of Skip to Loafer is already ordered by me and it is good to see it getting an award because it makes me sure the later chapters following the anime are of high quality as well.
IshitatesoMay 14, 2023 8:42 PM
May 14, 2023 9:13 PM

Apr 2013
Caschan02 said:
Hell, even other mangaka like Vinland Saga's creator Makoto Yukimura publicly recommended My Girlfriend's Child on his official twitter account. 

They were in the selection committee.
May 14, 2023 9:32 PM

Oct 2018
Kazzeon said:
They were in the selection committee.
Ooooh that makes sense, I didn't know that. Still cool for him to talk about it even after the winner was chosen.
May 15, 2023 1:08 AM

Apr 2012
Skip and Loafer is in the general category because it's the typical "quasi-shoujo" from a seinen magazine that both sexes read?
May 15, 2023 3:36 AM

Sep 2009
Medalist and Akane-banashi are in top again. Maybe I should check them out. 
May 15, 2023 7:11 AM

Feb 2021
Congrats to the Shangri-La, Akane-banashi, Megumi no Daigo and Medalist! Other titles I don't know.
May 15, 2023 7:51 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I'm glad Akane-banashi got nominated even though it loss to Shangri-La Frontier in the Shonen category.

Nachtwandler_21 said:
Medalist and Akane-banashi are in top again. Maybe I should check them out. 
You should definitely check out Akane-banashi. I read the first couple of chapters and its really good.
May 15, 2023 2:12 PM

Feb 2023
Skip and Loafer won an award? Nice.

Don't know much about the other winners. I probably should check them out at some point.
StyxParadiseMay 15, 2023 2:16 PM
May 17, 2023 6:13 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The series that won the shoujo category has been recommended by the creator of Vinland Saga as well....Checked it out last night and it wasn't bad at all

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

6 by Sleabedybarb »»
21 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
3 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
7 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.