Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 8, 2023 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
The school camp has students both excited and grumbled about it, such is the case with Kanikawa, because they are out of touch of technology for 3 whole days. Unfortunately, Nakami is trying to get a good sleep while Haida constantly disturbs him, it's disruptive. The usual camping tent and curry setup, and Day 1 of the camp is at least problem-free, if not for Haida trying to go to the girls' tents, with Hakui-sensei watching them. The days that Nakami REALLY needed a rest, he couldn't get any, and Day 2 was kinda of a disaster due to bad weather, which more or less ruined Nakami's chances to sleep, and his insomniac self is catching up in not the best way.

Thus, in the night life and the weather cleared up, Nakami sneaked out into the wilderness towards the beach...to find Magari waiting for him, having their enjoyment of a time together, seeing the reflections of the sky on the sea, and shouting towards the distance with their lungs. Of course, they would not miss getting some night shots, and let it run for 2 hours while they rest. First, Magari tries the word game, which Nakami wasn't a fan of, and the latter knows that he hasn't had enough sleep, though them both cuddling up to each other feels natural, listening to each other's heartbeat and soothing the soul, eventually getting a good night's sleep.

The day awakens, and both Nakami and Magari have to rush back to camp not to get busted. And within the midst, Nakami gets a picture of Magari, and ensures that his centrifugal force will not ever shake, but if it does, it's from Magari.

The small hints of romance is starting to flow, though it's more of the Zzzs, but in a good and consistent way.
KANLen09May 8, 2023 10:53 AM
May 8, 2023 9:16 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah, not the best idea under the sun to try and have a good sleep in a school bus during a school trip, but i guess somehow our mc managed. 

More camping, but this time with a whole class involved, one would think a funny time to spent, but not for our duo, with sleeping problems seems almost as a nightmare. But as it is with all the fairy tales, all the clouds disappeared eventually and a starry sky showed its beauty :) 

Also, sensei need more screen presence ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), the sporty spirited teacher too xD
May 8, 2023 9:43 AM

Mar 2021
such a sweet episode Nakami and Magari had some more sweet moments together especially when the weather finally cleared up so they could take photos on the beach like they promised to do
May 8, 2023 9:45 AM

Aug 2017
Another beautiful episode, gave me cozy vibes. So cute when they were sleeping together. 
May 8, 2023 9:52 AM
Oct 2022
If this episode didn’t convince you these two are inseparable soulmates and meant to be together, likely nothing will. They are just living their youth under the stars, enjoying each other’s presence to an indescribable degree.
It was that snuggle moment in the manga that made them my favorite fictional couple so quickly. The author worked miracles on me, portraying such a profound yet gentle and natural intimacy between two teens that left me aching. Love as pure and innocent as this must be cherished and savored.
The youthful emotions from them shouting their hearts out to the way they look at each other when shouting like it’s only just the two of them in the world, it is just wonderful. They love each other so much without even having to say it. It’s “show, not tell” at its finest, something Makoto Ojiro is a master at. To evoke intense emotions without a single line of dialogue is what makes Insomnia extremely immersive and atmospheric. You are in the moment with Ganta and Isaki, feeling their joy and energy. As they say, “a picture is worth a thousand words” and this series captures that gracefully.
The moment of Ganta taking that picture of Isaki, to capture that beautiful moment in time, is breathtaking. His world is spinning too fast and she keeps him grounded. They both need each other to feel complete.
It’s that moment of seizing something precious in a snapshot is what makes photography mix so well with this anime. Making memories is a theme of this series and blends so fluidly with the coming of age; to experience hardships, grow up, fall in love, and look back at these moments that they’ve made with each other… together.
Look forward to this couple loving each other even more because goddamn there aren’t enough words to describe how much they mean to each other. This marks the beginning of a bird spreading its wing. Insomnia has officially transitioned into romance territory and people are about to truly see why the manga is highly praised these upcoming episodes.

May 8, 2023 9:59 AM

Apr 2014
That was a horrible group for Nakami.
Anyone want to camp here? at Kyukamura Noto Chirihama

These scenes are very beautiful
何それ?意味分かんない
May 8, 2023 10:00 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was wonderful, by far the best episode.
May 8, 2023 10:13 AM

Oct 2022
So beautiful and i appreciated more Isaki-Ganta chemistry. Liked several scenes, great work of BGM as usual. For me biggest Revelation of the season so far

May 8, 2023 10:15 AM
Sep 2021
The sceneries are well depicted and the characters also give this show a wholesome vibe.
May 8, 2023 10:26 AM
Sep 2015
Are they classified as insomnia or night owl?
May 8, 2023 10:29 AM
Mar 2021
Can we give a shout-out to the real mvp of the episode: the nurse? She legit got the other teachers drunk lmfao.
May 8, 2023 10:34 AM
Dec 2021
best episode so far
shits so good
May 8, 2023 10:34 AM
Apr 2023
I want what they have
May 8, 2023 10:49 AM

May 2019
I thought Nakami was going to snap at his classmate when he kept getting woken up on the bus, poor guy couldn't hardly get any sleep.

It was nice that the night sky cleared up so that Nakami and Magari could get a night starry shot with the camera. Magari telling Nakami that she likes listening to his heart's rhythm and then putting her head on his chest it was no wonder his heart was beating faster than normal. Hopefully they won't get caught/in trouble when they return to camp.
May 8, 2023 10:50 AM

Jan 2020
This is definitely giving people anxiety on mising out (without the embellishments, of course)
May 8, 2023 11:05 AM

Apr 2021
Nice episode, particularly the backgrounds.
I really wished the animation was better, but I guess they just didn't have a big budget to make this show.
May 8, 2023 11:54 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Man, when they went to sleep next to each other in the beach I was sure they were going to get caught right then and there. Thankfully that didn't happen and it made for some really good scenery. Too bad for Nakami not being albe to sleep. At least he was able to treasure that moment.

Somehow I have a bad feeling about this camp...
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 8, 2023 11:54 AM

Jul 2016
Lamp1009 said:
Can we give a shout-out to the real mvp of the episode: the nurse? She legit got the other teachers drunk lmfao.

I hadn't noticed that, but now that you mention it makes totally sense!!
May 8, 2023 12:08 PM

Mar 2020
The school seaside camp has started, and with mixed reaction among the students, some being happy for some outdoor adventures, some grumbling about lack of technology for three whole days, oh the horrors! For Nakami, his group stinks, and with that, he couldn't sleep when he actually needed to, but under the beautiful nighttime sky, Magari waited for him, because the sky cleared up. The backgrounds this episode stood out a lot, and made up for the average animation quality for sure. The dynamic between Nakami and Magari continues to build, and the romance is there for sure, it was a sweet time.

Best episode of the show so far in my opinion.
May 8, 2023 12:10 PM
Feb 2015
Honestly the amount of suspense from this episode of whether they'd get caught or not in the middle of their rendezvous 😂
Every so often I was like Bruh they gonna catch youuuuuuuuuu but nice of Kurashiki-sensei to keep the other teachers preoccupied with alcohol ahahah
It's so sweet as well we even got the end bit of the ED pop up within the episode too, was really sweet
May 8, 2023 12:15 PM
Aug 2021
this episode was such an aesthetic.
May 8, 2023 12:18 PM
Apr 2017
relationship goal
May 8, 2023 12:28 PM
Nov 2022
Magari took some tabs and that scares me
May 8, 2023 12:35 PM

Feb 2022
Probably the best episode thus far, though this is really not a show that stands out based on the content of singular episodes.
Hello, please don't take anything I say as an insult, it is not meant as an attack against you as a person. If I directly disagree with you, that does not mean I think you are wrong, I am just more correct. Oh, and if you don't understand sarcasm, then I'm a really friendly individual.
May 8, 2023 12:42 PM

Mar 2019
Easy to say every episode of this is fucking amazing. How do you get me actually saying "oh no, oh no" to them not waking up fast enough like they were going to get caught.

Please you made me wait half the episode to seem them together. Dont make it happen again i swear to god
May 8, 2023 1:06 PM

Nov 2017
I have a great sleep every time after watching Isaki and Ganta :)
May 8, 2023 1:06 PM

May 2020
I remember reading that part when they were peacefully sleeping under the clear night sky right next to each other and being hella anxious in the event they get busted lol. I mean that would've been such a HUGE waste if someone spotted them, might as well unintentionally.. but thank heavens something like that didn't happen, and the duo had their moment with a nice tight sleep;)

Mesmerizing visuals towards the end made an already good episode even better.
May 8, 2023 1:17 PM
Apr 2021
Neplep_ said:

same!
it reminds me of I want to eat your pancreas
May 8, 2023 1:25 PM
Nov 2022
Leleouch_Zero said:
Neplep_ said:

same!
it reminds me of I want to eat your pancreas

didn't watched that but if she dies imma cry
May 8, 2023 1:28 PM
Jan 2023
The characters are really come true now
The annoying side dude, awesome fit
The sensei that simply let's them be
The pair really just shining now and HOLY SHIT IT is Beautiful
May 8, 2023 1:30 PM
Aug 2020
My best romance for the moment, the animation was really great.
I had a big smile when I saw them enjoying the moment.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 8, 2023 2:31 PM
Mar 2023
This anime makes my heart shine.
May 8, 2023 2:59 PM
Aug 2016
This is definitely the cutest show I've ever seen, it's so emotional, close characters and cute scenes.
May 8, 2023 3:23 PM
Nov 2022
What a nice episode, very relaxing in the final part of it.

Seriously, I don't like the guy who only shows off and annoys Nakami, apart from the rest, it was quite nice to see a very nice scene of both protagonists embracing, it seems that they need each other to rest xd.

Without further ado, I'm loving this anime
May 8, 2023 3:43 PM
May 2022
What an amazing episode. This show is beyond belief.😊 It is always so good
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
May 8, 2023 3:57 PM

Jul 2020
Thanks for the calming feeling that this anime is gives. Need it in my life right now. 
Beautiful. 
My Candies:
May 8, 2023 4:04 PM
Jan 2021
does anyone know what the ost during the scene where they were taking pics and running around the beach is?
May 8, 2023 4:06 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The first half of this episode brought back some not so pleasant memories lol, I have had the displeasure of being put in groups that don’t contribute to a project, leaving me to do most of the work before and this was such a perfect display of that, I felt really bad for Ganta the entire time, and it was worse for him giving his insomnia. At least we had some cuts to Isaki’s group to keep things somewhat wholesome lol.

But the 2nd half man, that’s when it all turned around, some truly beautiful scenes there as Isaki and Ganta enjoyed the night on the beach. There were some parts that had me anxious that they’d get caught like when they were yelling or when they left the camera out in the open as they slept, but for the most part it was a very chill time, and romantic near the end lol. And lord that was a beauty of a moment at the very end with that sunrise over the beach paired with Isaki, that was a sky made in Heaven lol.

And I want to mention I think some of the jokes didn’t translate so well in subs, especially when Isaki was trying the joke on Ganta, but it got across what type of joke it was at least. And lastly, I have some fears for these two as they head back to the camp, I’m wondering if anyone was awake and saw them leave or if anyone will catch them on the way back, it’s rough having to wait and find out lol.
May 8, 2023 4:08 PM
Mar 2023
So good. I just need it to be June already. I just need them to announce a second season. I know where this one ends and there are so many moments I can't wait to see, but ... man. I need to see this animated by the team who is making this so, so beautiful.
May 8, 2023 4:16 PM
Mar 2018
The second half of this episode made any small problem I had with this show up to this point worth everything. I've never seen a romance show establish this much familiarity, comfort, and compatibility before a even a confession has happened.
May 8, 2023 4:33 PM

Aug 2013
Sometimes I feel so lonely, so empty, but then there are these series that help me feel something warm inside
May 8, 2023 4:42 PM
Jan 2021
Neplep_ said:

Omg i couldn’t agree more with you !
May 8, 2023 5:02 PM
May 2021
another great, warm episode. the skies were gorgeous yet again. not gonna lie i thought they'd get waken up by one of their tent mates finding them, but im glad that wasn't the case and they were able to sleep well together. hoping they're able to make it back without getting caught. can't wait for more cozy episodes with these two. easily one of the best shows with some of the best mcs this season
My 2023 candies:
May 8, 2023 5:22 PM

Jul 2017
That 2nd half as a whole was ethereal. I was excited for this scene and seeing them enjoy the night together by goofing around, and getting to truly relax around each other by cuddling was wholesome and great to watch. Nakami's had a tough trip as a whole but his interactions with Magari more than made up the trip for him, good thing weather was on their side by the end. Lovely episode as a whole. Got some really nice backgrounds too.
May 8, 2023 5:47 PM
Sep 2020
Wow, that last scene with just the two of them was really breathtaking :o

The colors they used for the scene was perfect and the art of the sky being reflected on the water was beautiful. It all gave me goosebumps /u\. They did an amazing job with that scene, I am speechless ૮ ˙Ⱉ˙ ა˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚
May 8, 2023 6:03 PM
Mar 2019
This is just such a beautiful anime with a very chill premise. I hope there is no shoe that drops, and it continues to follow this course.
May 8, 2023 6:20 PM
May 2017
Neplep_ said:

Isaki taking remedies plus some particular opening scenes can be hinting a drama to come. Ganta and Isaki meet each other, they complete each other's need to sleep, love is born and grows up... the series needs drama, the couple needs to grow up. Rooting for the best ending.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 8, 2023 6:23 PM

Dec 2022
Beautiful and chill episode
May 8, 2023 6:38 PM
Mar 2015
They finally got a good nights rest sleeping together
May 8, 2023 6:43 PM

Apr 2022
well, that was a cute second half, best visuals we've seen so far in this, i think.
hope they get more sleep.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» So… still nothing about season 2?

A-lil-weeb-dog - Feb 8

17 by saketsahu »»
Yesterday, 2:26 AM

» Anyone else want to try out astrophotography after watching this?

D-A-W - Apr 13

1 by kartik111 »»
Apr 24, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2023

147 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2023

84 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 5, 2023

73 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.