Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2023 8:56 AM

Jul 2017
Welp, now Shizuka becomes not a ghost, but a human that can be identified by anyone.

The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter performance that has the audience captivated by Yae's performance, and the other Sirius girls of Chise and Panda spearheading a move-in party for the trio. Gven that Shizuka is undoubtedly Kokona's Sense, it's obvious that Panda is intrigued about her, while both Kokona and Kathrina go shopping to make a dish, as per their "tradition". This kind of double-personality alternate manifestation is rare for any actor, and Kokona did try to audition to be a hopeful World Dai Star but failed with her lack of Sense, which Shizuka popped out of nowhere to give her a pep talk and reinvigorate her passion. Nevertheless, Shizuka showing on stage as the perfect desired version of Kokona's, it's both a blessing and a curse.

The newbies making Schnitzel a.k.a German Tonkatsu, and Kathrina has no cooking experience, so everything is left to Kokona to do the work, though leaving Kathrina to try for a hands-on experience...which she tries to pull off a play's experience but sucked at it. The German who's seen perfect from the outside, even she feels that she's imperfect, despite being parents of World Dai Stars. Even Kokona feels that she's imperfect as well, but the difference is that she's willing to take it one step at a time, which Kathrina finally gave her her thanks. With that, the move-in party goes underway, and while the semblance of Shizuka getting jealous that Kathrina is stealing Kokona away from her, this Sirius Sento troupe is turning out to be the rather unique group of actresses.

All aboard for what's about to come in Sirius and let the magic of fate intertwine on the stage.
Apr 30, 2023 9:18 AM

Apr 2014
"To burn, or not to burn, that is the question" - Kathrina Griebel while cooking
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 30, 2023 9:48 AM

Oct 2007
finally, Kathrina has some more respect for Kokona. Looks like they're going to be real friends now.

also some mystery about Shizuka still remains. She first appeared in a train, after Kokona failed an audition.. still makes me think, she might be a spirit who died there, and just started following Kokona since then.

Panda is more beaufitul with her hair down imo.

this is now my favorite anime of the season. Looking forward to next week.
Liddo-kunApr 30, 2023 9:52 AM
Apr 30, 2023 10:28 AM

Dec 2013
That was a nice episode, all the girl bonding, I like the show more when they are out of the stage funnily enough.
Apr 30, 2023 11:27 AM

Mar 2014
Ughh what is this "sense" bs ??? Seriously don't do this stupid nonsensical concept of theatre actors having superpowers, it's terrible idea !!!! 

Sigh anyway it's nice that Kokona and Kathrina are bonding
RedChromeApr 30, 2023 11:32 AM
Apr 30, 2023 11:38 AM

Feb 2019
Ahh ok so this answered a lot of questions I had following last week ep. Wasn’t sure if everyone could see shizuka or just the director. Seems like all elite actors have senses, but Shizuka is an exception in that she can appear on stage and be seen, I wonder what will end up being the story with that.

I’m glad Katharina has stopped being such a bitch and is opening up to other people too. Can’t wait for next episode things are starting to get good
Marinate1016Apr 30, 2023 11:42 AM
Apr 30, 2023 3:14 PM
Jan 2021
RedChrome said:
Ughh what is this "sense" bs ??? Seriously don't do this stupid nonsensical concept of theatre actors having superpowers, it's terrible idea !!!! 

Still better logic than Revue Starlight
Apr 30, 2023 4:20 PM

Jul 2015
Seems like Shizuka is now her own person and everyone can see her now. There are still a lot of questions, because I don't think we are just supposed to belive she is a human and was one all along. If she is really a Kokona's Sense, then she is something like a Stand?

Katharina finding out that someone wants to taste infamous German cuisine. XD

Maria Naganawa is THE most underrated seiyuu in the industry and characters she voices are always the most adorable. It's baffling, that after the hit, that was Dragon Maid and her carrying the show as Kanna she wasn't flooded with role opportunities.
PiromyslApr 30, 2023 4:25 PM

Apr 30, 2023 8:13 PM

Jun 2022
How did this manage to be better than shitlight revue? Not too many characters to juggle and not give a damn about and also not pretentious.
May 1, 2023 4:26 AM

Mar 2014
Jaksh said:
RedChrome said:

Hmmm I guess that' true
May 1, 2023 11:45 AM
Dec 2017
Regrettably they cut the scene from anime ep3, where rascal pinkhead made bluehead visible for everybody else by shouting Daisuki!!! in front of the whole high school... Anyhow, even after ep4 the studio still owes us a proper explanation based on goofy quantum mechanics and / or general relativity! I'll be lenient on them though, since a panda is already included in this anime!
May 1, 2023 11:47 AM
Dec 2017
> Ughh what is this "sense" bs ??

They can't call it a Jojo "Stand" for bizarre copyright reasons?
May 1, 2023 12:09 PM
May 2011
RedChrome said:
Jaksh said:

Hmmm I guess that' true
In fairness to Revue Starlight, everything in that show is metaphorical. This seems to be playing it straight so far.
May 2, 2023 1:00 PM
Mar 2021
They tricked me into watching an idol show. I was hoping there would be some supernatural shenanigans, but it's just My Idol Academia. Dropped
May 3, 2023 8:04 AM

Oct 2008
errrr...what 'sense' is this? ... common sense?
3/5.

May 3, 2023 11:29 AM
Jan 2021
Fail_Man_X said:
RedChrome said:
Hmmm I guess that' true
In fairness to Revue Starlight, everything in that show is metaphorical. This seems to be playing it straight so far.

Daiba Nana won the underground battle and she chose to repeat year as her wish.
May 3, 2023 11:51 AM
May 2011
Jaksh said:
Fail_Man_X said:

Daiba Nana won the underground battle and she chose to repeat year as her wish.
The "battles" aren't real. They're just representations of the girls' auditions, and the "wish" is just Nana choosing to put on the same play over and over again because it's familiar and safe. As annoying as I find it to be, everything in that show was symbolic and not to be taken at face value
May 6, 2023 2:37 AM

May 2018
Damn, this was one of the biggest bullshit I've ever seen, extremely stupid. Really, I was enjoying the anime at first but after this I'm very disappointed, who thought this would be a good idea anyway? The concept of ''sense'' and the whole presentation of it clearly doesn't fit in the story, it looks like a very bad supernatural gimmick in a setting that was suppose to be as grounded as possible, the story didn't create the necessary background and environment that could turn this into an acceptable and tolerable idea. Well, anyway, very bad; 1/5 episode, 2/10 anime.
GuidSMRMay 6, 2023 2:44 AM

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
May 6, 2023 4:32 AM

Oct 2007
finally, just a little more before the next episode.

I've watched episode 4 probably more than ten times now. I just can't get enough of this show. lol

for sure, I'm gonna buy something from this. Just hoping they would put up some products in CDJapan.
May 21, 2023 9:25 AM
Feb 2016
Me gusta el anime.

May 29, 2023 7:19 AM
Jul 2013
Sachyan said:
Damn, this was one of the biggest bullshit I've ever seen, extremely stupid. Really, I was enjoying the anime at first but after this I'm very disappointed, who thought this would be a good idea anyway? The concept of ''sense'' and the whole presentation of it clearly doesn't fit in the story, it looks like a very bad supernatural gimmick in a setting that was suppose to be as grounded as possible, the story didn't create the necessary background and environment that could turn this into an acceptable and tolerable idea. Well, anyway, very bad; 1/5 episode, 2/10 anime.

Going to say it in my own words: I had similar feelings. I like many anime genres. And this was probably the first time (I think), that I watched an anime about acting/performance art. And I loved the first 2 episodes. Especially when I thought: What a genius prank. So Shizuka was not real. She was actually part of Kokona all the time. So, Kokona did not copy someone else, but it was hr own talent deep inside of her.

Then, after watching episode 3, and to confirm everything with episode 4, I was disappointed. The plot twist kind of destroyed the idea and feelings I had, after watching the first 2 episodes. I was so not prepared for some Supernatural genre here, since there is no tag referring to Supernatural. I think personaification and manifestation of sense, in a way everyone can see her as a real human, is definitely supernatural.

I dont know. It feels like it just doesnt fit into the story. I didnt see any issue in just going on with Shizuka being invisible for everyone else. And it could have been even one of the best dramas ever, when Shizka would even disappear in the end, just to go on living in Kokona, finally combining to create her real personality. (Maybe this is still planned. But making Shizuka visible for anyone destroyed the mood for me)
some1uused2knowMay 29, 2023 7:23 AM
Jun 7, 2023 9:12 PM

Nov 2009
Tradition

Making the Newbie cook... what is this? some sort of collage Frat culture?

Also... apparently during bunch of her failed audition in Kokona's flashbacks, they're literally prioritizing recruiting actors based on if they have "sense" or not...

Sounds like discrimination to me where people without "sense" is automatically failed... (reminds me of BokuHero, where quirkless is auto failed in becoming a hero)

And now they're dressing up Shizuka in different outfits, especially since they don't need to make an outfit for her as she materialize outfits.

Too bad they didn't show us the outfits, they only showed her leaf outfit.

BTW... Shizuka also sleeps? lol...
amlgJun 7, 2023 9:23 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 25, 2023

35 by extralie »»
Feb 5, 3:42 AM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2023

11 by extralie »»
Feb 5, 3:00 AM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 4, 2023

14 by otomon »»
Sep 24, 2023 3:53 PM

» mobile game coming soon!

DreamingBeats - May 9, 2023

4 by DreamingBeats »»
Jul 25, 2023 6:28 AM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 28, 2023

12 by VAZI »»
Jul 3, 2023 12:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.