Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yuri is My Job
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 20, 2023 7:25 AM

Jul 2017
It's another day at Café Liebe, and Hime continues to mess up her job with Mitsuki's relentless scolding, while keeping up her perfectionist façade in school. All around, Hime wants Mitsuki's affection as her fellow Schwestern, and will push as hard as she can just to earn her worth...which in the eyes of their customers, it certainly did. But behind the scenes, it's clear that Mitsuki still has conflicted feelings about Hime, and while Sumika drives home the fact that Mitsuki needs a little wavering, nothing can take off the eyes of Kanoko, who can see through her façade. And the problem with it is that she's been carrying this urge since young to be a perfect fraud, since bad people like the middle-school classmate Yano and colleague Mitsuki are the bane and boon of her existence.

Hime being awfully exposed by Mitsuki, but it doesn't mean that the coast is clear for her, and even though Kanoko wasn't with her in her young days, she's ready to support Hime in whatever way she can. Sumika and Mitsuki's Yuri act always smittens their customers, and it looks like it's going to be the usual day in the café. But as the day passes, from Hime's perspective, it doesn't seem that Mitsuki is the only one that heard her white lie. Other than being noticed by Manager Mai that Hime's kinda off, Mitsuki proceeds to gruel her, trying to understand what she's up to by imprinting the lies read from her face. Indeed, Mitsuki is the good person...but to think that the same girl was the one that once captured her facade, it's the same Mitsuki Yano from her middle school that hated her for who she was, and even to now.

Tensions run high from middle school to now, developed to this state...can this be repaired or in a state of disarray?
Apr 20, 2023 7:29 AM

Feb 2020
Good and dramatic episode. I like how the story is developing.

Cute end card again.

SerafosApr 20, 2023 8:25 AM
Apr 20, 2023 7:42 AM

Mar 2020
This drama just feels so superficial, and despite having a rather positive outlook on this to start, the characters are starting to wear on me a bit. I did like the reveal at the end with Mitsuki, but that was not a surprise at all. The interactions feel so... off, I don't really know how to describe it. There's potential here, with the theme around facades, but the execution just wasn't particularly there this episode. Here's hoping there's some improvement down the road.
Apr 20, 2023 7:46 AM

Mar 2021
Good episode been enjoying This series so far the story is developing nicely
Apr 20, 2023 7:55 AM

Apr 2014
Big F for Hime. Today's episode is totally a big mess for her. Next week will be interesting.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 20, 2023 8:22 AM
Jan 2021
we've finally gotten to the point where it starts getting good
the character drama is really going to start ramping up now, and the characters will start to be unraveled so we can see why they all are the way they are
Apr 20, 2023 8:29 AM
Jul 2021
dropped. end 20apr23
Apr 20, 2023 8:53 AM
Mar 2023
Loved the twist at the end.
Next week sounds like the drama will unfold more.
I am scared for it but, can’t wait.
Apr 20, 2023 8:53 AM

Feb 2020
This situation is getting worse, now I really can't wait for next week!!
Apr 20, 2023 9:06 AM

Aug 2017
Ngl I'm really starting to warm up to this, so curious to see where this is going. 
Apr 20, 2023 9:13 AM

May 2019
Yeah I don't feel bad for Hime at all since she is putting up a facade and isn't taking responsibility for it, rather blaming people like Mitsuki for exposing her. I was surprised that Mitsuki was the same girl from Hime's middle school but she knows the truth now. I'm thinking that Mitsuki saw how Hime was ignored after exposing her back in middle school and now that they're in a job she didn't want to make things worse by telling the other girls.

There really isn't a likable girl so far except maybe Sumika since she does defend Hime without knowing her facade as I don't care for Kanoko's simping on Hime either. I mean does Kanoko care or realize that Hime liking her may be a facade too?
Apr 20, 2023 9:43 AM

Feb 2019
Ayanokouji being Ayano was pretty obvious but damn if they in the same grade that’s a serious height difference. What are they feeding her at home.

I like the whole façade drama since everyone is putting one up whether it’s for the café or to hide their true intentions. I just don’t get why ayano has to be so hard on hime constantly. Reminds me of young kids who are just mean to the person they like
Apr 20, 2023 11:14 AM

Sep 2016
Treat Hime like shit for 3 episodes
Learn she is a liar
Continue to treat Hime like shit
"OMG! SHE DIDN'T CHANGE HER ATTITUDE ABOUT ME! SHE MUST BE A GOOD PERSON!"
I think Hime might have a stockholmd syndrome....
Apr 20, 2023 11:41 AM
Feb 2015
Even tho the girl in the past was called Mitsuki, I still make that connection that chibi Mitsuki was the same Mitsuki Yano she ends up working with 😂
Tho now thinking about it, I don't think Hime ever mentioned the name of that girl from the past either until the very end of the episode 🤔
I wonder as well if Mitsuki is even a year above her academically because the flashbacks looked like they were in the same class and all this time I thought Mitsuki was a year above.
Still, I'm interested to see how this knowledge will settle down into next week's episode!

As some of the other threads mention, I really do feel like comedy isn't too befitting as a genre for this show and drama would suit it better. I've seen other animes in the past not have comedy listed in its genre but they definitely felt more comedic than it does here, there aren't that many hee hee haa haa moments in this anime from the three episodes so far and I feel like even Marimite has a bit more comedy (for now at least).
Doesn't mean I don't like this show but it did come to be quite a whiplash on the first episode expecting quite a lot of funny humour in the first episode only to hear quite the bit of shouting instead so I didn't ready myself for any drama.

Either way, I am enjoying this a lot more now that I've gotten used to how this show works and whatnot and hopefully will see this one to the end.
Apr 20, 2023 11:56 AM

Dec 2015
Looks like Hime is getting the hang of things. I'm looking forward to her reaction in the next episode. Surely she still remembered Hime from that time, right? Luckily they need that kind of talent in this job. I do wonder what will be true or just a lie in the end of this series.

On another note, I wonder what happened in middle school for Kanoko to find out about her facade. Did the same thing end up happening in middle school? Even though she knows about her facade she still hangs out with her. Must be love.
Apr 20, 2023 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
Hime is so annoying as a character. She gets upset and wonders why people don't like her when she's literally lying and pretending to be someone she's not. Maybe act with your true personality and you wouldn't be shunned or called a liar.
Apr 20, 2023 12:58 PM
Oct 2021
i love the storyline in this and how it’s basically one big mindfuck of a performance. easily in my top 3 of the season for sure
Apr 20, 2023 1:02 PM

Jan 2013
hime is like that one student reminding the teacher about forgotten homework.
Apr 20, 2023 1:10 PM

Nov 2017
Oh that juicy reveal tho (oh no... I never imagined it's the same girl *sarcasm*)

They'll make up in ep 5, right?
Apr 20, 2023 1:24 PM
Jul 2011
Perfect, now things are getting interesting.
I really like Hime as a protagonist after watching episode 2.
Now on episode 3, and this plot. Very nice.
Apr 20, 2023 3:45 PM

Sep 2022
Holy cow that ending. After having to watch the entire episode, the ending of where Hime and Mitsuki had a talk with each other about Hime putting up a fake act and Mitsuki knowing all about it. And to think that the classmate that exposed Hime Shiraki in the past is now working alongside her enemy. The enemy in question none other than: Mitsuki Yano.

Because of this ending, it really makes me want to watch more and see how this all plays out for both Hime and Mitsuki. Although today's episode has Hime stressing out so much about her little sister act and Mitsuki hating it all, it makes me very curious of how the next episode is going to be like.
Apr 20, 2023 5:31 PM
Oct 2022
Mc seems like a horrible person...
Apr 20, 2023 6:07 PM
Aug 2022
i knew the moment they called that girl "yano-chan" that she was ayanokouji. it was kind of obvious, but i still didn't expect them to reveal it until the next episode. it was well-executed though, and i'm excited to see how hime will react in the next episode :)
Apr 20, 2023 7:47 PM
Nov 2020
Marinate1016 said:
What are they feeding her at home.

Apr 20, 2023 7:56 PM

Nov 2018
Given their extreme difference in stature, I was pretty convinced that the grade school girl must've been Ayanokouji's younger sister or something, which would have been a sufficient explanation...them being the same age feels ridiculous, though.
Apr 20, 2023 8:33 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This episode had me pretty flabbergasted at Hime’s logic regarding her facade, especially that flashback. So she puts up this facade to get people to like her that she herself doesn’t like, so when those people find out she’s lying to them she gets upset that they don’t want to hang out anymore, that just kinda threw me for a loop lol. So why lie then? Why not be friends for real? I guess it’s some kind of complex she has where everyone must like her even if she doesn’t like them, but idk man it just confused me lol, and it was because of this I think she actually deserved a bit of what she got for a change this time around.

And to no surprise, the girl from the flashback that exposed Hime is the Mitsuki we know now, I just had a strong feeling since they looked very similar lol. But the fact she didn’t tell everyone this time makes me think she regrets it, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see to find out.

And I lastly want to mention Sumika still absolutely blows me away with how good she is at her job lol, but I’m kinda wanting to see her in gyaru mode again too.
Apr 20, 2023 8:37 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
NGL... i didnt see that coming, how i didnt notice it was her in the flashback, idk lol
Apr 20, 2023 9:33 PM
May 2022
I thought the end card style looked familiar, turns out it’s the author of citrus that drew it!
Apr 20, 2023 11:32 PM
Sep 2021
I'm surprised more anime-only viewers didn't catch that the girl from the flashbacks is Ayanokouji considering that they're both shown one after the other in the OP. When I first saw it I assumed it might spoil the volume 1 cliff-hanger because it was so obvious as a manga reader but I guess not.

Anyway, now the introduction is essentially over we can get to the proper meat of YimJ, the drama. I really like how much time is being given to this, 3 episodes a volume feels like a good pace.
DavidArcherApr 21, 2023 12:02 AM
Apr 21, 2023 12:54 AM

May 2018
Impressive how they're all terrible characters, I really hate both of the main characters, incredible, it's hard to enjoy this, not to mention it looks like a bad soap opera and all that acting is cringe af.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 21, 2023 2:05 AM

Feb 2014
Oh we're in the part now where it's revealed that Yano is Hime's old friend, the one who knows her secret and exposed her lies to their classmates. Next episode will be interesting.
Apr 21, 2023 2:40 AM

Oct 2007
some yuri with Hime x Yano breast smooch. lol

anyway, stressful time for Hime. A trauma from her past has come back.

looking forward to next week.
Apr 21, 2023 6:14 AM

Sep 2020
I knew that girl looks familiar, now the situation just got really awkward for hime.
Apr 21, 2023 6:30 AM
Sep 2021
We got the backstory of hime and we also got a shocking reveal about ayanokoji.
Apr 21, 2023 6:38 AM

Dec 2018
Things start to heat up between the lesbians

I'm kind of curious to find out what Hime has done to upset her former classmate so much. 

Anime!! You better have a good reason for this!!  I dont want my lesbians to fight too much 

And I prefer the Hime and Kanoko ship to be honest. Kanoko is definitely also a lesbian and so much in love with Hime💕💕 Even if Hime is too self-centered to notice this

I love the hug. This silly little girl went around talking about how much she wanted a rich husband HAHAHAHAHA 

After that, I think she rather wants to marry a rich wife,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Oh I was also cheering them on =P 
Yuri-CrusaderApr 21, 2023 6:45 AM
Apr 21, 2023 6:41 AM
May 2011
Hime looks so pleased nestled in Mitsuki's bosom, but who wouldn't be.
Apr 21, 2023 7:58 AM
Jan 2018
Hime only has herself to blame
Apr 21, 2023 8:57 AM

Sep 2021
Hime is really good at messing up! From one mess into another...

I'm suprised this show, which was mostly comedy so far, shifted into a very serious tone now. But I think it was done well. I like Hime a lot, especially how she tries to avoid getting hurt by putting up her facade, but is actually a bit dumb and inexperienced, which leads to her failiure and gets her into trouble. And Mitsuki got some development too. I feel like she's the type who actually feels sorry for ruining Hime's school life in Elementary School, but doesn't allow herself to be like this.
Their dynamic is similar to Mei and Yuzu from Citrus, but even better because neither of them suffers undeserved. Instead, it feels more like a natural development between their personalities.

Also, Sumika is just brilliant. She's the only one of the four main girls who sucessfully switches her personality to make everyone like her. I think her manipulation skills will play a big part in how the relationships between the others develop, should she decide to get involved.
Apr 21, 2023 11:43 AM

Mar 2014
I'm losing interesting with this show, it's nothing but boring and stupid characters
RedChromeApr 21, 2023 11:46 AM
Apr 21, 2023 12:20 PM

Oct 2013
This anime has suddenly more sharply drawn my interest with this episode - starting to really grow on me. I'm quite intrigued to see how the relationship between Hime & Yano develops going forward
Apr 21, 2023 12:52 PM

Jan 2022
A pretty nice episode in which we get to learn a lot more about Hime and Mitsuki, and Hime did fuck up a lot by saying that to Mitsuki, but at the same time, we now understand why she's like that and it's a nice thing to look forward between the two characters. I did saw a few hints of the lewdness of Passione, pretty epic. Excited for what's next !
I like everything, ok
Apr 21, 2023 3:00 PM

Jul 2016
Good thing I watched the Kaguya-sama movie recently, because this show's approach to drama surrounding facades is beyond lame.
Apr 21, 2023 11:17 PM

Jan 2021
Every week my opinion of them somehow gets worse.

Apr 22, 2023 11:42 AM

Apr 2023
I've really enjoyed the comedic beginning of the series so far, however the comedy weakens more and more from episode to episode and instead the viewer gets a real relationship drama.

Will the characters' relationships with each other evolve beyond their roles in the café? At least Kanoko seems to have a serious interest in Hime. As well as the assumption that Mitsuki's unfriendliness towards Hime isn't genuine. It stays interesting.
Apr 22, 2023 8:20 PM
Jan 2023
it was okay not too bad
Apr 23, 2023 4:40 AM

Mar 2020
Why is this so overhated? I actually like this anime
Apr 23, 2023 8:11 AM
Apr 2013
Ok I dont even where do I begin. So at least the ep is over but.

I'm starting to think, it seems they're trying to hit every (not literally but like), as much dorama as possible. I wonder if the anime would be better if you just binged the entire thing once it was finished, but alas thats not an option for us right now. Instead we're sitting here watching this cringe every week.

Just when I thought we were going to get some development, instead things seem to be getting worse(?)(again?).
It's like the ep/anime is *trying to give me a heart attack and/or make me die of cring every ep or line.

Like it was so cring I had to keep pausing.

That being said, we do get a LEETLE bit of development. Im not entirely sure why but the problem is, hime aside, the other 3 girls have had barely any screentime or rather focus/development.

Anyway, as they were telegraphing/guessing, uh, mitsuki actually knows/has met hime before in the past. I wasnt expecting them to straight up reveal it at the end and cliffhang us though.
The whole thing about hime, I have mixed feelings, but fundamentally the fact is its just not possible, so hime is definitely going to need some uh, development.
While the other girls, I dunno, sumika at least seems quite friendly, at least she's not explicitly overtly being not nice(?)
Kanoko though she's mostly just standing around right now, but hmm.

I dunno, there's not much I can do but hope the anime gets better next ep, and fast.

(I'm not sure, but because of the way the anime is set up I feel like they have to spend a lot of effort in animating the background characters)
Apr 23, 2023 8:12 AM

Nov 2011
So from what I'm getting at is that Hime and Mitsuki as fifth graders had to be pretty close friends if she opened up to her and told her she was putting on a Facade. 
This resulted in Mitsuki snitching on her probably because she thought she was not being her real friend (which is understandable with 5th grade logic)
So Hime's work issues and Mitsuki's issues kinda clash with each other.
If Mitsuki knew it was Hime all along it would make so much more sense why she hated her but outside of poor work performance it made no sense up to this point.

Honestly the show kinda sucks and these characters are just not enjoyable imo.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 25, 2023 7:39 AM

Feb 2021
When Hime's past was shown on screen I immediately knew the girl that tattled was Ayanokouji. I feel the plot is moving forward now, after 2 episodes of basically Hime getting scolded by everyone. 

Now I'm sure I'm going to continue watching this. 

On another note, it's funny how Ayanokouji calls Hime a liar (which she is) but they are all working at an establishment that operates almost by the same practice. And if anyone young is here, don't think that putting up a facade is a bad thing because it's not. Just be sure to not let the other person you're tricking know about it and you're all good. 
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 25, 2023 2:00 PM

Mar 2008
When they showed the flashback with Hime I could tell that other girl was probably Ayanokouji but still it being revealed I was like "OOOOOOOhh you're in an awkward place now Hime".

I just wish they would give a proper explanation on why Hime is the way she is other than her coming off like a sociopathic gold digger. Would be better if she was also afraid of rejection and abandonment and afraid of getting close to people where they can know the real her.

Yuu_Kanzaki said:

On another note, it's funny how Ayanokouji calls Hime a liar (which she is) but they are all working at an establishment that operates almost by the same practice. And if anyone young is here, don't think that putting up a facade is a bad thing because it's not. Just be sure to not let the other person you're tricking know about it and you're all good. 

The people their know it's a show though so I wouldn't call that lying exactly. It's basically a schoolgirl cafe with a type of dinner theatre where they are expected to remain in character because it ruins the immersion experience if they don't.
traedApr 25, 2023 2:04 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 22, 2023

61 by degenerate-2002 »»
Apr 15, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 8 Discussion

Marinate1016 - May 25, 2023

42 by degenerate-2002 »»
Apr 6, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 7 Discussion

Serafos - May 18, 2023

33 by arachnidy »»
Mar 31, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 12, 2023

28 by arachnidy »»
Mar 31, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 4, 2023

30 by arachnidy »»
Mar 31, 9:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.