Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 12, 2023 11:58 AM

Sep 2010
This feels like non-edgy Yofukashi no Uta
Apr 12, 2023 12:41 PM

Jul 2022
that was pretty nice.. id like to see where it goes from here
Apr 12, 2023 1:23 PM
Jan 2021
Overall, decenty good first episode
Apr 12, 2023 1:40 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, I'm interested! Can't sleep tonight so this is a perfect fit for me, lmao. Only problem is that I've a report and morning shift, fml. 

Looks like Yofukashi no Uta's successor so far, and hopefully not Shigatsu wo Kimi no Uso's too. Seems like Nakami-kun is a big presence for Magari-chan already, considering how easily she's able to doze off around him. 

Exploring the night aesthetics, yup, can't have enough of it! Good thing the police didn't find them there...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 12, 2023 1:54 PM
Mar 2016
I didnt expect anything but the drawing, animations and soundtrack made the first episode insanely good.
Apr 12, 2023 2:18 PM
Apr 2023
Am really excited for the following episodes!
Apr 12, 2023 5:25 PM

Feb 2021
Imagine having a full on observatory in your school. Like that would be insane.
Apr 12, 2023 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
i like this one quite a bit as someone always in the state of being sleepy during the day and up all night  this is relatable  
Apr 12, 2023 10:39 PM
Apr 2023
Really cute and setting up what looks to be a really sweet wholesome story and romance. I also really like the art style.
Apr 12, 2023 10:45 PM

Oct 2020
Mm…it’s all right enough. The animation and imagery is good and the plight of Ganta is relatable, having had restless nights in my high school days myself (and continue to do so). Though to be completely honest I also found myself exasperated my how overblown he makes it sound, like, dude, everyone can have trouble sleeping, you’re not special. Isaki, the main girl, also rubs me the wrong way.  She got over her cold feet with Ganta far too quickly and acts too cliche in the wake of it.
I want to be fair to the show and give it a chance, but aside from animation in a season after The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten and a season jammed with other romances like My Love Story with Yamada-kun Lvl 999 this one’s going to have steep competition. 
Apr 13, 2023 3:15 AM

Apr 2015
First half was really nice, second half was a bit off, felt like they became best friends far too quickly.
And this Tamura person doesn't seem to be a particularly great actor.
Apr 13, 2023 4:11 AM

Jul 2014
It was such a beautiful and wholesome first episode. 2 people going through the same thing coming together to make something meaningful out of something normally most people would be bothered going through. And I loved the energy they shared with each other. It was just UGGGHHHHHH!!!! Its giving me angel next door spoils me rotten AFTER HOURS energy!!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2023 9:32 AM

Nov 2017
Awesome production quality, I love the characters already! The main girl is charming and the the main guy is actually cool ;D I had Summer Time Rendering vibes from this episode (minus the creepy mystery, haha)
Apr 13, 2023 3:58 PM
Nov 2022
literally so cuuuuuute. I have a problem with staying up all night and sleeping during the day. this is adorable dj;alksdjhg;alsdkgha;sldgkhas;dglkhsad ;lgkadhsg;lkasdhg;ladskghasd; I love the whole aesthetic too
Apr 13, 2023 8:56 PM

Dec 2018
a little unorthodox and very cute. i have bouts of insomnia so i totally get it too. their friendship (romance?) is very wholesome as well.
Apr 13, 2023 9:00 PM
Jan 2021
I definitely enjoyed the 1st episode! Kinda reminded me of “Call of the Night”- art style was beautiful - but “Call of the Night” has more detail in the night sky. Im looking forward to this anime ☺️
Apr 14, 2023 2:49 AM
Sep 2021
The visuals were good, the characters are also. Excited to watch their night time adventures, it has a really good vibe.
Apr 14, 2023 4:39 AM
Jan 2018
Was the scene where she opens the roof doors supposed to be night time ? Or did they change it to be late afternoon with the Sun about to set due to school times
Apr 14, 2023 9:33 AM
Oct 2020
the female lead is so cringe i can tell a man who watches indie movies wrote this
Apr 14, 2023 10:03 AM
Dec 2014
Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia's first episode offers the two main characters something I wish I had in school myself: a getaway from my head, and someone who understands. Unlikely friendships bloom and Nakami and Magari are both charming characters, Magari being seemingly shy at first but opening up to be adventurous and goofy, while Nakami struggles with anger issues are caused by his inability to sleep, despite his nerdy appearance. Both find solace in one another and I cannot WAIT to see what memories they make with one another.
Apr 14, 2023 4:52 PM
Aug 2020
very interesting, it won't be something extraordinary but at least it could be worth a 6~7 probably
Apr 14, 2023 8:04 PM

May 2021
Average episode, the girl haves certain PDG characteristics but I hope I am wrong, oST was subpar though, lets see how this develops but tbh this feels that at max it can reach a slightly above average with that plot, I hope at least that it willn't be episodic, 5.3/10.
Apr 14, 2023 8:31 PM
Aug 2017
This has one of the best romance couples. Their interactions, their pairing are so freaking natural and good. The artwork of the manga is also so beautiful and nice, contrary to the mediocre animation adaptation we got from lidenfilms. The pacing is also weirdly done and they are skipping stuff from here and there, not much important but I think the story feels more better with everything intact. Kinda underwhelming anime in my personal opinion. The manga is a must read though for anyone curious!
Apr 14, 2023 8:34 PM
Aug 2017
Pre_Yum said:
I have no idea about this show, but the fans have hyped me so much, so I'm very excited about it. I know nothing but I've heard it's a very cute romance show. So... I'll definitely watch it. Plus, Lidenflims did such a great job on this show. Aesthetically, it looks so beautiful and pleasing. Nakami seems like a nice guy and Magari is just such a cutie. Both of them have already made an impression on me. Yuuki Hayashi on the music is such a great thing to have. This man can elevate any story with the power of his music. What a legend. The OST sounds so good.

Both of them sleeping on each other was so freaking adorable. The cat stealing the food. LOL. Both of them hanging out at night was so good as well. It just fits altogether somehow. What a cute duo both of them are. Already looks like this is gonna be my favorite from this season. Can't wait for more.

Even, that live-action looks so good. I'm so happy for the fans.

Ehh? Lidenfilms didn't do anything right by any means. The animation is average at best. The pacing is weirdly done and they are trying to adapt a whopping 53 chapters worth of story in a single short season. There is and will be a lot of skipping from the production house. Yeah, it's an sol/rom/drama so you won't really notice the difference but believe me the story won't hit you as much as it should be if they don't do the pacing right and stop cutting scenes from every chapter.
Apr 15, 2023 2:48 AM

Nov 2021
Vibes all around, strongly reminds me of Call of the Night but more grounded and I hear the romance will be a big part. Huge W
Apr 15, 2023 7:37 AM
Mar 2023
I love this type of anime, but I feel like I'm going to cry a lot
Apr 15, 2023 8:35 AM

Jan 2020
I like Isaki's voice, so far a pretty decent adaptation, hope the show can capture those great emotional moments from manga in later episodes
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Apr 15, 2023 8:45 AM
May 2021
this anime is very cool
Apr 17, 2023 12:51 PM
Aug 2019
really loved the plot and great episode
Apr 17, 2023 5:55 PM
Sep 2020
Not a bad ep but a bit boring and slow imo ^^;

Ngl, this gives me call of the night vibes but a more wholesome sad version :(. Honestly, I thought there insomnia had something to do with the deaths of the club members, but it seems so though they are not related. I guess their deaths was used as a reason why the observatory could be haunted, but it's a bit disappointing because I don't think they'll give explore the backstory. Also how is it possible that they are functioning and basically no sleep?? I know they sleep in their hideout, but it can't be for more than 8 hours since that'll be the whole school day. Overall, a bit disappointed with this ep as I expected them to explore the backstory more and somehow relate it to the mcs. ╥╥
Apr 17, 2023 7:15 PM
Apr 2023
wholesome and buetiful
Apr 17, 2023 7:43 PM

Jul 2020
I'm liking this, I love the vibe. 

I guess something that I will look forward to every week!
My Candies:
Apr 18, 2023 5:10 AM

May 2020
Really like the visuals, love the music, like the character designs, the characters themselves seem likable and the story seems sweet. I'm looking forward to watching this weekly

The humour is very strangely paced though, you could practically hear the dial-up noises in the nurse's head as the cat went to bite her sandwich lmao
SatarylaApr 18, 2023 10:16 AM

Apr 18, 2023 6:19 AM

Apr 2021
As a person that has insomnia, I could relate to their situation.

Interesting plot, I see where it goes.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 18, 2023 7:30 PM

Dec 2016
I'm really not feeling it chief.

Despite the very thorough work in both artstyle and detailed backgrounds, I can't help to feel that it's incredibly empty even for a show that has an angle for it being just a mood type of show.

My main gripe are both main characters' personality or lack there of. Other than being unable to get a full night sleep, there really isn't anything interesting about them. Ganta's initial monologue even speaks about negative thoughts and because he's worrysome. But literally nothing out of his daily routine gives me a justification for him about feeling any worries. If he was being bullied, or was an overachiever or underachiever in scores, I would see a reason why, but nothing like that really happens. I also feel that his boring and infodump initial monologue could had been completely taken off and just giving us the visuals of what he's looking at with a tired face would be a lot more meaningful.

Probably there might be more than meets the eye in future episodes, and I certainly hope there is something to hook me, before reaching the 3 episode mark.
Apr 21, 2023 8:47 PM

Jul 2017
Preliminary impression is that it is like a more interesting Call of the Night. Not sure if I'll stick around for the full season though. The girl is a bit too genki for my taste IMO.
Apr 25, 2023 9:38 PM

May 2016
honestly mc's perspective of his insomnia seems realistic knowing that [everyday] people have been known to think/be in a position like him; also, i like this relationship/bond between the two sleepless schoolers:3

Apr 26, 2023 6:48 PM
Aug 2022
damn this was so cute so fast
Apr 27, 2023 12:43 AM
The King of Dino

Sep 2019
Yoo this show seems adorable, really likes the characters. Having insomnia truly must be a pain.

Apr 27, 2023 1:22 AM

Feb 2021
I was drawn to this anime since it looks and sounds similar to Yofukashi no Uta. I thought I can feel the vibes of being alone at night again, walking down the streets, without bothering by others. It turns out that Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia has its own charm. Great episode 1 and I am looking forward to more of it. The "night genre" anime is really underrated, I hope more animation companies make more anime themed around "Nights".

Apr 27, 2023 3:12 PM
May 2021
cool stuff in this first episode
Apr 28, 2023 10:06 PM

Mar 2012
It was kind of underwhelming. The vibe of the manga was stronger, and the anime doesn't make those iconic pictures. 
On the other hand, I'm happy to see Isaki animated even if there is obviously less details than the manga. Her voice is okay. 
Okay~ish start for a great manga. 
Apr 29, 2023 6:10 AM
Feb 2018
Spot on depiction of how it feels to be an insomniac, in all its weirdness.
Apr 30, 2023 2:07 AM
Nov 2022
Watching the first episode was just so calming. The two main characters have a really good dinamic
May 2, 2023 12:14 AM

Aug 2017
Cute, but these two have progressed very quickly. What is this energetic, charming girl doing hanging out with this grumpy boy? Maybe it's a mangaka projecting again.

When things progress this quickly, I worry the girl will perish shortly
May 4, 2023 11:11 PM

May 2015
5 seconds in and the mc already described my life
This anime hits hard. I was always the sleepy kid in school, and even years after I can't bear the mornings.
The day should start late in the afternoon tbh.
May 23, 2023 7:38 PM
Oct 2019
Is it illegal to wander the streets at night in Japan? Or for what other reasons would you get "busted"?
May 24, 2023 12:53 PM
Dec 2014
So stereotypical. Nothing original in this story.
May 25, 2023 3:02 AM
Aug 2021
JayPatel1304 said:
Lindenfilms peaked in adaptation. I am happy to see isaki and Nakami animated

I love the anime so far, but since it seems you read the manga I have a question. What makes the manga so highly rated when the anime is just under an 8? Does it get better or is the adaptation missing somthing?
May 25, 2023 6:09 AM

Oct 2021
MikeyFromCali said:
I love the anime so far, but since it seems you read the manga I have a question. What makes the manga so highly rated when the anime is just under an 8? Does it get better or is the adaptation missing somthing?

Art and story. if you read manga, it is so much refreashing like. In these times, where we are seeing typical rom-coms. This is so diffrent. Like No drama, No love triangle, Only them, the sky and their life. Manga explores this factor at it's peak and dunno how but everything feels special. U will come to know if u start reading it. And for anime, ig they did a very great job in potraying it, but ig some roms this season also the main reason of it's low rating, like Yabai yatsu and Skip to Loafer (Lol i won't say skip to loafer rom). Manga gets better when the chapters progresses. Eps also did the great job.
So yea watch / read according to ur preference and i will definately reccomend it's manga. So far anime is going good....
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» So… still nothing about season 2?

A-lil-weeb-dog - Feb 8

17 by saketsahu »»
Yesterday, 2:26 AM

» Anyone else want to try out astrophotography after watching this?

D-A-W - Apr 13

1 by kartik111 »»
Apr 24, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2023

147 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2023

84 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 5, 2023

73 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.