Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2023 5:29 AM

Jul 2017
With Narikozaka Manufacturing already faced shutdown, the Alice Gear Actresses are out of work, but surely there would be something that would help occupy their time, right? Thanks to the acting captain Kaoruko, the once-abandoned living quarters now become the girls' home, and Shitara proposes a game against the entire maintenance crew. But while the latter won, it's the oldtimer Soichiro Iwata that actually won, disgusted at their playtime.

Fellow Alice Gear Yumi Yotsuya coming in for the clutch for the Narikozaka girls to do a maid café side gig, it's obviously akin to an otaku bar. And albeit from the usual shenanigan trouble, it's the legit AEGiS authority that has her on hold for conducting the actual obstruction of business. More debt clearances for Yumi then...

Now I'm convinced the only reason to have the full anime series...is to expand the OVA more. It's quite shallow.
Apr 10, 2023 5:30 AM

Feb 2020
Another enjoyable episode.

Nice survival game and maid café. The girls really did enjoy their time together.

SerafosApr 10, 2023 6:06 AM
Apr 10, 2023 5:33 AM

Apr 2014
The episode was pretty random all around. But, that was not a bad thing at all. At least, it was a decent and quite funny one, especially watching those girls playing around.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 10, 2023 8:25 AM

Sep 2016
Not coo, bruv. not coo.

CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 10, 2023 10:53 AM

Feb 2020
while these little skits are alright, i was expecting we'd see some more battles against Vice. next ep's PV doesn't seem to hint at any of that...
Apr 10, 2023 6:02 PM

Jul 2015
So far it's a CGDCT anime instead of action anime. Well, it works out as CGDCT, but I can't condone false advertising. Unless they'll pull Madoka Magica in the 3rd episode.

GangsterCat said:
Not coo, bruv. not coo.

I like how she said the Gamer Word in that exact moment.
PiromyslApr 11, 2023 1:28 AM

Apr 11, 2023 3:01 PM

Jun 2016
GangsterCat said:
Not coo, bruv. not coo.

The cutest scene of the episode.
Apr 11, 2023 3:07 PM

Jun 2016
Like I said after the 1st Ep. Alice Gear Aegis it's like watching New Game on drugs: XD

Apr 12, 2023 11:43 AM

Nov 2012
"Want to watch a cool anime about mecha girls fighting in space?"

"TOO BAD! Here's a really mediocre CGDCT series that will constantly remind you of a better show you could have been watching!"

Piromysl said:
So far it's a CGDCT anime instead of action anime. Well, it works out as CGDCT, but I can't condone false advertising. Unless they'll pull Madoka Magica in the 3rd episode.

But the thing people always seem to forget about Madoka is, yes, it took 3 episodes to fully and completely show its full colors, but it didn't take 3 episodes to...

1. Hint at the kind of show it was going to be - maybe episode 3 was when people realized just how brutal it was, but you could see the hints of a dark underbelly and sinister aura from the first episode.

2. Setup for the payoff. Madoka didn't waste its first few episodes - it used them for setup to make what happened in the 3rd episode more impactful. By the time episode 3 hit, you cared about the characters and understood the world, because the first two episodes had been spent really fleshing them out. This, on the other hand, hasn't given us more than the most basic CGDCT cardboard cutouts (genki girl, idol girl, newbie who is a perv because HAHA LESBIANS ARE ALWAYS PERVERTS ISN'T THAT A FUNNY JOKE/STEROTYPE??? /s)

3. Just plain be interesting. The first 2 episodes of Madoka are entertaining - nobody went into that show going "Well, this sucks now, but maybe something will happen in two more episodes." They were invested in it as a magical girl show right off the bat because time and care had been put into making it look like it'd be a unique magical girl show even if it didn't go off the rails.

"Remember Madoka" really needs to stop being anime fandom's code for "I'm totally cool with this series wasting an hour of my time not even being all that entertaining on the off chance it suddenly pulls itself together in the 3rd episode." Even if first episodes are intentionally misleading, they should still be good.
Apr 14, 2023 6:45 AM
Aug 2013
Space fights when?
Apr 15, 2023 1:03 PM
Feb 2016
Me gusto el capitulo

Apr 30, 2023 3:58 AM

Oct 2007
cute Actress themed cafe. As expected, they sell well.

the tsundere is cute.

and that's a painful kick in the nuts. lol

Liddo-kunApr 30, 2023 4:09 AM
Jul 5, 2023 10:32 PM

Nov 2009
Huh...

so this is going to be just slice-of-life eh?

There's no actual fighting besides from videos the characters watch and episode 0 fighting the cyclone...

It's fine I guess, but I wasn't expecting this. LOL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alice Gear Aegis Expansion Episode 12 Discussion

Serafos - Jun 19, 2023

18 by traed »»
Jul 28, 2023 9:31 PM

Poll: » Alice Gear Aegis Expansion Episode 1 Discussion

KANLen09 - Apr 3, 2023

26 by amlg »»
Jul 5, 2023 9:47 PM

Poll: » Alice Gear Aegis Expansion Episode 11 Discussion

Serafos - Jun 12, 2023

6 by Deazu »»
Jun 20, 2023 3:23 PM

Poll: » Alice Gear Aegis Expansion Episode 10 Discussion

Serafos - Jun 5, 2023

4 by Deazu »»
Jun 18, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Alice Gear Aegis Expansion Episode 9 Discussion

Serafos - May 29, 2023

2 by white_rabbbit »»
May 29, 2023 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.