Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
May 19, 2010 4:56 PM
Nov 2009
Interesting...
May 19, 2010 9:14 PM

Feb 2010
Tarrasji said:
Kanade is awesome and Otonashi's past reminds me of Clannad.

LOL wonder why
*coughkeycough*
oifxae.jpg
May 20, 2010 4:06 AM

Oct 2009
Otanashi's past reminds me of nothing of Clannad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2010 4:09 AM

Sep 2008
DoubleDango said:

Fuuko's story ?
May 20, 2010 4:44 AM

Aug 2009
fertygo said:
DoubleDango said:

Fuuko's story ?
im guessing it's when okazaki is taking care of ushio

Tomoya - Otonashi
Ushio - Hatsune

My guess and what I think
May 20, 2010 5:14 AM

Jan 2009
KaireN said:
fertygo said:
DoubleDango said:
Fuuko's story ?

Tomoya - Otonashi
Ushio - Hatsune

And to solidify the previous statement a bit further, that's also what I thought.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 20, 2010 5:18 AM

Aug 2009
DoubleDango said:
Onii-san who cares about his sick imouto is definitely a cliche, which is repeated not only in Clannad, but various other animes and mangas.

Otonashi Background was painfully weak, contrast to all the hypes amnesia created. It could've been better, but Naoi eye raping method was just wtf worthy treatment for the higher order mental illness.
May 20, 2010 7:48 AM

Mar 2010
i thought this was one of the best eps yet tbh. The thing with the sister was cliched but it was also quite emotional (and the epic music defs helped with that).

Oosran said:
KaireN said:
fertygo said:
DoubleDango said:
Fuuko's story ?

Tomoya - Otonashi
Ushio - Hatsune

And to solidify the previous statement a bit further, that's also what I thought.

Also maybe because Mai Nakahara (aka Nagisa) voice acted Hatsune :)

and OMG EVIL TENSHI...looks like we're finally gonna get some answers about the whole angel/world/god thing.
May 20, 2010 8:56 AM

Feb 2010
Every fucking KEY anime has the same storyline with slight modifications and character modifications
oifxae.jpg
May 20, 2010 8:57 AM

Oct 2009
ryuu_zer0 said:
i thought this was one of the best eps yet tbh. The thing with the sister was cliched but it was also quite emotional (and the epic music defs helped with that).

Oosran said:
KaireN said:
fertygo said:
DoubleDango said:
Fuuko's story ?

Tomoya - Otonashi
Ushio - Hatsune

Also maybe because Mai Nakahara (aka Nagisa) voice acted Hatsune :)

and OMG EVIL TENSHI...looks like we're finally gonna get some answers about the whole angel/world/god thing.

Not really... But whatever.

emashu said:
Every fucking KEY anime has the same storyline with slight modifications and character modifications

No.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2010 12:10 PM

Jul 2009
emashu said:

Don't blame Key, blame the genre. I'd still say Key are the kings of the genre though.

Either way, this is the first time Key have had a big part in the actual production of the ANIME, so technically this is the first Key anime. So yeah you could say they're all the same, since this is the only one and it's pretty similar to itself.

Blame KyoAni.
May 20, 2010 3:24 PM

Aug 2009
DoubleDango said:
emashu said:

No.
and you provided no evidence or ground to support your sophisticated opinion of 'NO'. Cool.

Psychodrake said:
emashu said:

Don't blame Key, blame the genre. I'd still say Key are the kings of the genre though.

Either way, this is the first time Key have had a big part in the actual production of the ANIME, so technically this is the first Key anime. So yeah you could say they're all the same, since this is the only one and it's pretty similar to itself.

Blame KyoAni.
Clannad is still Key, who animates doesn't matter. Saying that there is not even a single common thing between Clannad and Angel Beats is a blunt lie.
May 20, 2010 3:48 PM

Jul 2008
ringoo4 said:
DoubleDango said:
emashu said:

No.
and you provided no evidence or ground to support your sophisticated opinion of 'NO'. Cool.

He didn't explained his point to a guy that didn't explained his, no prob there.

ringoo4 said:
Clannad is still Key, who animates doesn't matter. Saying that there is not even a single common thing between Clannad and Angel Beats is a blunt lie.

Well yes there is thing in common between Angel Beats and Clannad, just like there's similitude between about every show. I mean yes, I know where your going: Guy that work to help the dearest people to him who happen to be sick but Key isn't the only one that did that and won't be the last one to, blame the genre I guess =/.
May 20, 2010 6:06 PM

Jun 2009
Tenshi reminded me of Yin in more ways than one. Especially in this episode.

IZANAMI
May 20, 2010 6:26 PM

May 2010
Yeah, his past is quite sad.

I hope Tenshi will go back into one piece so that she can continue to be completly nice. She probably Harmonized so that she could save them, but didn't think of the consequences. I think they might have to do some tinkering with that computer programming of hers.
May 21, 2010 12:35 AM

Feb 2010
DoubleDango said:

emashu said:

No.

Yes.
Dandere-chan said:
ringoo4 said:
DoubleDango said:
emashu said:

No.

He didn't explained his point to a guy that didn't explained his, no prob there.

1. Grammar fail.
2. I'm pretty sure I did.
oifxae.jpg
May 21, 2010 6:15 AM

May 2010
Emashu, you're cool, I didn't notice that one!! hahahaha
May 21, 2010 3:20 PM

Dec 2007
I'm glad I stuck with this series after all.
May 21, 2010 11:10 PM

Jun 2008
WOW, I feel like a complete idiot, I totally forgot that KEY only does depressing shit that makes you want to kill yourself.

GOD, I hope this doesn't end like Clannad AS, towards the end of that series I felt horrible.
May 22, 2010 2:45 AM

Jul 2008
Just about to clap my hands at the good end and call it a day until Yuri came and messed it all up. Otonashi/Tachibana though, I ship it.
May 22, 2010 7:50 AM
Dec 2009
Love this episode! TK was dancing like Michael Jackson hahah.
Yuzuru and Kanade made a promise but wait..there are two angel? or she has a twin?

May 22, 2010 9:22 PM

May 2008
Definitely one of the best episodes so far. I'm so glad that Naoi joined the team. I love the fact that he still acts like an antagonists towards everyone except Otonashi xD

Aww, Otonashi's story was really sad though.. I felt so bad for him. I will say that I did like seeing his hair long. It looks much better >.> It sure didn't take long to get back to something more humorous after that though. I do love how Kanade was excepted into the group :'D Otonashi definitely gets points for that.

To top it all off, now there's an evil Tenshi?! D:
May 25, 2010 12:17 AM
Apr 2009
I was really unsure of where this was going, but at the last second, they have revived the battlefront! Very interesting!...

I wonder if they could retrieve memories from Kanade...or if both Angels are equal too...
May 25, 2010 12:36 PM

Mar 2010
lol@fishing scene.

And what was up with that tenshi v.2 in the end?
May 26, 2010 9:54 AM

Nov 2008
Why is Jun Maeda such a sadistic bastard? ;_;
May 26, 2010 3:19 PM

May 2010
FlashFumo said:
Why is Jun Maeda such a sadistic bastard? ;_;

He is a sadist, enjoying creating sad stories making ppl cry out load... I love his work though
May 27, 2010 4:37 AM
Feb 2009
otonashi's past was well-done, but everything else seem quite random...
oblivious is a bliss
May 31, 2010 6:11 PM

Mar 2010
Developement of Otonashi's past was pretty unclear however very interesting, and somewhat emotional. (Not too much though). I really like the Otonashi and Kanade thing that's going on though. ;). I want to see where that goes. Looking forward to the next episode! And the odd appearance of the.. clone.. sister.. split personality..? Oh well.. :D
May 31, 2010 6:13 PM

Mar 2010
alexcampos said:
WOW, I feel like a complete idiot, I totally forgot that KEY only does depressing shit that makes you want to kill yourself.

GOD, I hope this doesn't end like Clannad AS, towards the end of that series I felt horrible.
Nothing on this planet could be as depressing and emotional as Clannad After Story! Remember that! :P
Jun 4, 2010 10:56 AM

Apr 2010
-------------------------- -- --

wew... great episode...
Jun 4, 2010 11:09 AM

Apr 2010
------------------------- -- --

i never thought that Otonashi was very boring...
my guess his like killer or assassin or something.. T_t.. hehehe
Otonashi story is sad.. i feel like crying?? T_t..... she died.. T_t...

Otonashi .... ahh thats why he is genius.... he can answer... correctly.. in episode 5 in test ... .... what a sad story...

But this episode is good.. love this...
arden_rualesJun 4, 2010 11:24 AM
Jun 6, 2010 8:09 PM
May 2010
why does Key constantly look for make you cry?

Jun 7, 2010 7:49 AM

Mar 2010
CRAZY FOR YOU!

Jun 11, 2010 12:23 AM

Jun 2009
Naoi gay scene lol

Well, Otonashi's past was very simple, even though his life ended a waste, the cliffhanger would be that her sister disappear in the scene telling she died

Fishing scene so funny. Angel baiting Hinata and Christ

We have 2 Angels?
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 11, 2010 3:28 PM

May 2010
renji59 said:
ShibuyaRiver said:

rofl.

I agree XD

This episode was decent. I liked the previous episode better, though.

The Tenshi thing is kind of confusing. Did she make a clone of herself or something, or does she have a split personality like Nyu/Lucy from Elfen Lied? Or what?

Otonashi's backstory was interesting. I think Yuri's backstory is the best though.
Jun 19, 2010 1:49 AM

Apr 2009
so Otonashi's past is the worst..:(
Jun 20, 2010 8:51 PM
Dec 2009
Another great episode!
Yet It was sort of obvious they would befriend with the former bad guy... It rocks though : ) This keeps getting better ^^
Jun 26, 2010 7:11 PM

Feb 2010
Loved this episode. Everything about it.
Jun 27, 2010 3:25 PM

Oct 2007
otonashi's past is sad, but nothing compare to yuri's. i'm glad he tells her how strong she is<3

ii wonder how 2x kanade will affect things o.O

if all of key's works are this sad, i might try out others (this is my first) but which one would you guys say is best? not to ruin the thread; post your favorite key recommendation to my comments- thnks <3 xo
Jun 27, 2010 6:31 PM

Aug 2009
Hmm...I don't know what to think. The series is unexpected.
Also, disliked Otonashi's past. Well, it wasn't as dramatic as I expected it to be. That's....good too I guess?

Two Kanades now.
Jul 20, 2010 4:43 AM

Mar 2009
Funny and deep.

Jul 21, 2010 6:58 PM

Dec 2008
Loving the yaoi overtones in this show!
Otonashi's background story was so sad.
Loved the fishing scene!
Hope to see a background story on TK.
Jul 24, 2010 1:09 PM

Aug 2008
Jul 26, 2010 8:37 PM

Aug 2009
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? BEFORE THEY WERE LIKE TRYING TO STOP A BRUTAL DICTATOR AND NOW THEY'RE WORKING WITH HIM, LOL. DAMN TK IS RIGHT MAN, THIS IS CRAZY!

Okay now that's out of the way, who the fuck was that girl in the end? Don't tell me there's two Kanade? Right after I thought they'll all be living happily ever after, something pops up and ruin these happy thoughts of mine, damn son my face turned from ^_^ to >:O

Anyways, that was a sad life of Otonashi indeed. Reminded me of Clannad Afterstory when *bleep* *bleep* oh and guess what? It happened during winter too, lol.
Jul 26, 2010 8:55 PM
Feb 2010
k0k0 said:
Hmm...I don't know what to think. The series is unexpected.
Also, disliked Otonashi's past. Well, it wasn't as dramatic as I expected it to be. That's....good too I guess?

Two Kanades now.

About Otonashi's past, keep watching. :)
Jul 27, 2010 6:39 PM

Apr 2010
I think this is the first episode I haven't liked as much/more than the episode that came before it. I thought they'd wait until the last few eps of the series to reveal Otonashi's past, and I thought his memories would be crucial to the SSS in some way...but after remembering his life he's just kind of over it in the second half of the episode. Oh well. Monster Stream was entertaining, and the episode ended interestingly.
Jul 29, 2010 1:24 PM

Mar 2008
nice twist - didn't expect a second angel.. which means there's actually only one angel now..
also didn't like this episode much i have to admitt.. :|
because
Oneironaut said:
I thought they'd wait until the last few eps of the series to reveal Otonashi's past, and I thought his memories would be crucial to the SSS in some way...but after remembering his life he's just kind of over it in the second half of the episode.

of this..
i kind of expected otonashi's past to be even more.. ya know, terrifying and horrible..
but on the other hand yuri's was already so messed up .. i guess it was ok ^^
Aug 7, 2010 10:02 AM

Apr 2010
Wow Naoi is really scary, he made Hinata realize the power of clothpins?! XD
I love those slight hints of BL in this series, it's so epic!

The fishing part is really...hm..
Oh and Otonashi's past is kinda sad, and dying like that.
Aug 17, 2010 7:58 PM

May 2010
1st half = drama
2nd half = comedy

"Crazy For You." TK you're still a WIN!!
Aug 26, 2010 9:31 AM

Dec 2009
The angel has always been cute. It's good to see her have friends. Too bad I have a feeling how the show will end.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Apr 30, 2010

609 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 20, 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.