Forum Settings
Forums

'Kore Kaite Shine' Wins Manga Taisho Award for 2023

New
Mar 27, 2023 4:46 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
The 2023 award list for the 16th edition of Manga Taisho, an annual Japanese manga award, has been announced. The award is decided by a panel of bookstore clerks who select the best title from manga series which have fewer than eight volumes and have released at least one volume in the last year. The first round of voting selects the nominees out of 242 titles, while the second round decides the final ranking.

*1. 102 pts Kore Kaite Shine [Comedy] by Minoru Toyoda
*2. 100 pts Akane-banashi [Drama] by Yuuki Suenaga and Takamasa Moue
*3. *65 pts Onna no Sono no Hoshi [Comedy, Slice of Life] by Yama Wayama
*3. *65 pts Seihantai na Kimi to Boku [Comedy, Romance] by Koucha Agasawa
*5. *59 pts Tenmaku no Jadougal [Drama] by Tomato Soup
*5. *59 pts Nippon Sangoku [Drama] by Ikka Matsuki
*7. *44 pts Sayonara Eri [Drama] by Tatsuki Fujimoto
*8. *34 pts Super no Ura de Yani Suu Futari [Comedy] by Jinushi
*9. *32 pts Gekikou Kamen [Action, Drama] by Takayuki Yamaguchi
10. *29 pts Takopii no Genzai [Drama, Sci-Fi] by Taizan 5
11. *22 pts Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu [Boys Love, Horror, Mystery, Supernatural] by Ren Mokumoku

Source: Manga Taisho

← Previous Year
SnowMar 28, 2023 1:08 AM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Mar 27, 2023 4:58 AM
Sep 2021
I hope that this time the winner will get a Scanlation not like last year with Darwin Jihen still sad that it has only 6 translated chapters
Mar 27, 2023 5:17 AM

Mar 2015
very tight competition here. love stuff i read from here. looking forward to read the rest that hasn't translated.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 27, 2023 4:53 PM

Mar 2021
I was surprised that the winning manga was one I knew nothing about. I would like to read it if I have the chance.

Mar 27, 2023 5:55 PM

Jun 2021
Manga isn't worth it anymore. Gacha and LNs are the future. 
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Mar 28, 2023 1:20 AM

Mar 2015
Kazu-chan-san said:
Manga isn't worth it anymore. Gacha and LNs are the future. 
when gacha stop making money draining practice and LN stop being dominated by isekai/reincarnation/mmorpg/fantasy romance/i dating the prettiest girl/boy even tho i am average stuff. then sure.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 28, 2023 6:01 AM
Nov 2020
I am really expecting for some of these to have anime for many days
Mar 28, 2023 6:11 PM

Aug 2016
kihel said:
I was surprised that the winning manga was one I knew nothing about. I would like to read it if I have the chance.
It´s not the first time a manga unknown out of Japan wins a competition. In fact, I think it just got a MAL entry as a result of the news.
:v
Mar 29, 2023 2:38 AM

Apr 2012
MichaelJackson said:
kihel said:
It´s not the first time a manga unknown out of Japan wins a competition. In fact, I think it just got a MAL entry as a result of the news.
Just remember which titles are popular with fan translators and which are subsequently licensed by Western localizers. If it's not high school romcom, lewd ecchi, yuri/BL fanservice, loud shonen or moe CGDCT, then it's already considered something unique.
Mar 29, 2023 12:27 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
As always, hoping for some of these to get an anime adaption so I'll be able to experiences the stories...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 30, 2023 4:24 PM

Oct 2017
Good to see some stuff I read in there.
Apr 20, 2023 6:58 PM

Dec 2017
Finished the first volume of Kore Kaite Shine. 

It doesn't stand out a lot but the characters are fun and the story is interesting. I can see why it won the award.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 1 hour ago

4 by nec0_0 »»
57 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

7 by malvarez1 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
4 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.