Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 27, 2023 4:31 AM
Dec 2017
Aversa said:
Well now we all know that a good wife is someone who breaks your bones ones you get back home!!

This anime was a lot of fun to watch i really enjoyed it and finally an anime that features mariage, tho it wasn't the only anime to feature birth this season.
The characters where fun tho i missed out on some that where introduced the first episode.

I’m pretty sure that was the Green haired lil brother character that broke his bones
Mar 27, 2023 5:58 AM

Apr 2018
The story is definitely on the weaker end but it ended happily with the bad guys and conflict being resolved through love and empathy instead of by normal means like through force. It was a nice change of pace compared to the regular stories. I was gonna give a 6/10 but I rate it 7/10 just for doing something different with the story than most animes would in this genre. The main character choosing monogamous marriage and immediately having a kid and then talking through things with enemies with love and compassion instead of through force are some unique twists you don't often see and it was a refreshing change of pace. 

What it lacked for in story, it made up for with wholesomeness. 7/10 respectfully.
Mar 27, 2023 7:33 AM
Feb 2022
scout_joe said:
that ending was wonderful I wouldn't mind a sequel if there's any but for now I'm glad everything turn out well

That's the thing. It felt like a conclusive ending with most things worked out so unless there aren't a new major arc with added important plot/s there isn't a need for a second season.

That being said it connect to my only complaint that it is too short. It's a real shame it hadn't enough backing for a two cour season with everything more fleshed out because then I do believe it could have been a sleeper hit of the season.

Though I'd totally watch a second season anyway. I like chill fantasy/isekai anime with slice of life and romance driving the story as much as the main plot. 🙂
Mar 27, 2023 9:54 AM
Mar 2022
hope to get season 2
Mar 27, 2023 11:07 AM
Oct 2021
A nice ending with the whole familly
Mar 28, 2023 2:34 PM
Aug 2020
Yeap, it was ok, I was expecting for more but at the end, it was really just chill…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 28, 2023 3:12 PM

May 2018
seems rushed and kinda sappy but still a good end to a rather unique isekai.

6/10
Mar 29, 2023 1:34 AM
Mar 2021
Perfect happy ending for Dariel and his family 
Mar 29, 2023 9:58 AM

May 2019
I enjoyed watching this fantasy series. Dariel ended up getting banished from the Demon Army, got picked up by Marika and became an adventurer, later on married and had a son with Marika, and eventually met the new hero and the old hero and found out the old hero is his biological father. Pretty impressive for a 12 episode series IMO.

I do wish that this would've gone longer as there were some other interesting characters such as Doroye who supposedly liked Dariel, and also to show his son Gran grow up. Alantsil did get screwed by having been robbed of being around with Dariel growing up but now that he has a grandson he could be there for him so that would've been nice to see. I did not like what Bashubaza did and I would've liked to see how he atoned.

Anyways, I did enjoy what we got and I would watch a follow-up if one is made. In the meantime I may check out the manga. I thought the animation was ok, the character designs were fine, and I enjoyed the storyline and was surprised that Bashubaza was essentially given a second chance and didn't go to hell. Overall I give this a 8/10.
Mar 29, 2023 2:01 PM

Feb 2011
I hate being one of those guys... but yeah, uh, "the manga is better" definitely holds true here, unfortunately. Loads of stuff left out. overall glad to see it animated though, the mythril sword whip was well done, and the fights were okay.

Dariel's talk no jutsu is over powered af

6/10

Mar 31, 2023 2:44 PM

Mar 2020
ooooh a cute ending :33333
Apr 1, 2023 7:06 AM
Jul 2022
need more of this series
Apr 1, 2023 10:29 PM

Jan 2020
Not too shabby. Not the best isekai for Winter imo (I liked Exorcist and cooking ones more) but not bad.
Apr 5, 2023 6:11 AM

Dec 2008
Good start, but became quite annoying when there was a new character every episode, hero, old hero, demon lord, demon lord son.
Dariel and Malika were adorable unfortunately they were not the focus of this story and the romantic part felt a bit flat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2023 11:57 AM
Jul 2022
sdog maderpaking gabby boys
Apr 11, 2023 5:35 AM

Jan 2014
the real monster here is Malika. those so called Demon General and even retired Hero are afraid of her, lmao.
Apr 11, 2023 12:27 PM
May 2022
Epic very pic good good
Apr 12, 2023 6:18 PM
Jul 2021
GOOD...., VERY GOOD.
Apr 14, 2023 5:57 PM
Jul 2020
SPOILER:

Kind of funny how at the photo when they say that the family is all together and then the mom is just not there. I felt like she just served as Bashbarza's backstory and that's it. I thought it was good that he went off to figure out his own life now. If he just stayed I feel like he would always be reminded of the guilt and just wouldn't connect with Darius's crew on the level he needs. Good for him. I wonder if human/demon relations has relaxed throughout or not.
Apr 17, 2023 10:36 AM
Sep 2019
fsdfsfsdfsdfsdfsdfs
Apr 25, 2023 7:25 AM

Apr 2013
Thought for a second Dariel was gonna motorboat his wife's tits during that embrace near the end. Or maybe i was just hoping.

Also, it's funny that the one General chick that was looking for Dariel all this time, is practically the only one now, who doesn't know where he is.
Apr 26, 2023 10:16 AM

Feb 2014
Solid good anime. I just wish Doroye could have meet Dariel again since she was the only one of the 4 general who liked him from the start and acknowledge his good traits.

I am personaly not much into this type of drama (which involved Bashubaza) cause it´s cliche and usually uninteresting, but they managed to handle it in a solid way. 

7/10

--

I don´t really think it´s necessary a second season cause this had a nice closure - so it´s unlikely it will happen, but if it ever happens I would be down for it. 
TechOtakuApr 26, 2023 10:35 AM
May 2, 2023 3:13 AM

Jul 2015
May be a standard simple story with some generic elements to it, but I quite enjoyed it just like Dariel for the 'knockers'.
Still I got to say the '... no Slow na Second Life' in the title was a damn lie, our man constantly fighting out here.

May 17, 2023 6:04 PM
Jan 2018
Poder da amizade supera tudo e a todos!
o Amor vence o ódio, já dizia Jesus Cristo
May 28, 2023 6:47 PM
Nov 2020
it seemed like the usual casual anime experience
Jul 13, 2023 6:51 PM
Dec 2014
I enjoyed the wholesome vibes this anime gave and the MC being over 30 gave it some mature vibes and not some MC with adamantite dense levels of brain when it came to Marika
Jul 17, 2023 7:26 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well the final battle wasn’t the greatest, some decent animation and the CGI dragon looked kinda goofy, but I still enjoyed it a lot. And yeah, I’m not the happiest with Bashbarza being redeemed but I’ll take it, it fits the overall lightheartedness of the show and I can’t lie when I say I enjoyed him holding Gran after all was said and done lol. And we got one last Malika tackle, although this time it was a gentle embrace into her booba which Dariel really appreciated, as did I lol. And with Bashbarza leaving on a journey and all the issues settled for now, it’s back to Dariel’s peaceful life as the village mayor with his beautiful wife and kid, definitely a nice place to end for this series.

And that was what I thought was a surprisingly good Sol/Fantasy show, it was a good time. Looking back on it, I wish I had picked this show instead of “Farming Life in Another World” in Winter 2023 lol, that one was going harder on the SoL which I usually appreciate but it had aspects that I wasn’t a fan of, this one didn’t really lose me in any respect for the most part, and as a fan of “Banished from the Hero’s Party” I really appreciated this one for its similar balance of action and SoL, and a good story to go with it. I was especially a fan of the plot regarding Dariel and his two dads, Alantsil and Granbarza going from cold hearted old men to two wholesome grandpas was just really nice lol.

There was unfortunately one thing I noticed as well as other folks that didn’t ever get followed up on, and it was the fact Doroye of the four generals never did find Dariel, a bit of a shame considering the fact Zebiantes found him but not her lol, but perhaps that’s a plot for hopefully another season. And I have a confident pick in best girl this time, and while I’d love to say Malika I have to go with Laidy, something about her just really hit with me, from her design to her personality, as well as her great moments in the show, Malika is pure greatness of course but Laidy won me over lol. Well here’s to hoping this one gets another season, I’d definitely watch it!
Jul 29, 2023 11:09 PM

Oct 2008
A pretty weak ending -or this whole arc with the red head. The guy spent most of his life hating the mc, trying to kill his family and destroy everything mc built up. On top of that cripples his kingdoms military force and loses their precious resources. Then its just wrapped up with an "I'm sorry" and everyone is happy... That was a bit difficult to accept.

Overall, enjoyed the show quite a bit up to this point. Really wanted to see the meeting with that only general girl who actually cared about the mc, but it didn't happen.
Sep 1, 2023 6:19 AM

May 2015
I'm glad we got a happy ending here. Bashbarza showing some maturity and being spared for it was a good moment. I hope to see more of Dariels adventures eventually.
Sep 18, 2023 4:38 PM
Jul 2015
REally good episode good closure of season
Jan 5, 9:48 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Yet another good one in my books, just wished they included a scene where Dariel sees Doroye again, but oh, well.
Apr 16, 12:46 PM
Jun 2012
This episode was better than the previous 4 or so.

Brought back the feeling and quality that the initial leg had at its core.

I enjoyed it.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

18 by waldy713 »»
Apr 16, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2023

40 by waldy713 »»
Apr 16, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

45 by waldy713 »»
Apr 16, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

115 by Jack-Kai-Lantern »»
Apr 9, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2023

31 by lasodamos »»
Dec 7, 2023 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.