Forum Settings
Forums

'Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle - Rhyme Anima' Gets Second Season

New
Mar 25, 2023 1:42 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

The Aniplex booth at AnimeJapan 2023 announced on Saturday a second season of the Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle - Rhyme Anima television anime series.

A-1 Pictures produced the 13-episode first season, which aired in Fall 2020. Crunchyroll is streaming the anime with English subtitles.

Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle is a multimedia project created by King Records that centers around six units who participate in rap battles. The voice actors of these characters also perform live at stage events and concerts. Since launching in 2017, the multimedia project has had multiple live events, albums, and manga releases.

Synopsis
In a world overtaken by war and conflict, "Hypnosis Microphones"—devices through which a user channels lyrics that can affect the listener's brain and even cause physical damage—were introduced to the masses by the Party of Words. Revolutionizing warfare, Hypnosis Mics have transformed words and music into the sole weapons used by gangsters, terrorists, and the military, with physical weapons having been banned from use.

As a result of swooping in during the chaos, the all-female Party of Words rules over the Japanese government. Women in Japan now live in Chuuouku, while men battle over surrounding territories outside the ward through rap battles.

With intentions unknown, the Party of Words begins to gather the former members of the now-disbanded legendary rap crew The Dirty Dawg to fight not for territory or war, but for their respective crew's pride and honor in the greatest rap battle of all time. The first Division Rap Battle is about to commence, and practice isn't something these rappers are going to need. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Official site: https://hypnosismic-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @hypnosismic_ra

Source: Comic Natalie

Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle - Rhyme Anima Plus on MAL
VindstotMar 26, 2023 5:51 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 25, 2023 2:02 AM

Dec 2020
lord idk how this got a second season... please
Mar 25, 2023 2:41 AM
Jan 2019
As much as like the franchise, but this is so out of the blue. I was more than sure the anime was the usual one off subpar attempt at promoting the original material and not much more (even with the glaring cliffhanger and teaser at the end of the last episode). So it getting a 2nd season is truly unexpected. Now I'm curious if they'll continue with the former approach of making an original story or decide to follow the manga/drama CDs from now on (even if that change might be on the more jarring side).
Mar 25, 2023 2:51 AM

Feb 2021
Good news. I wait for the new season of this music series.
Mar 25, 2023 3:23 AM

Aug 2021
THE GOATS BAT ARE GETTING ANIMATED LETS GO!!!!!
im super excited oh my god..paradox live anime this year and then probably this next year…im in heaven..rapper boy heaven..
Mar 25, 2023 3:52 AM

Feb 2021
juliayousoro said:
THE GOATS BAT ARE GETTING ANIMATED LETS GO!!!!!
im super excited oh my god..paradox live anime this year and then probably this next year…im in heaven..rapper boy heaven..

I agree, also will watch Paradox Live, I like music series.
Mar 25, 2023 4:03 AM

Apr 2016
FINALLY! I've been waiting for this ever since the 1st season ended. Every livestream and announcement they had I was hoping they'd mention 2nd season, and here we are! I hope it's as silly as the 1st one, especially since we should be getting BAT and DH as well this time.
ChroNoiR Episode.0 is the best anime to ever exist

Kanae forever in my heart

Mar 25, 2023 4:19 AM

Aug 2021
i just realized it says “Rhyme Anima+”
is that in reference to the second versions of group songs with BAT and DH? it probably is. thats cute lol
Mar 25, 2023 4:41 AM

Aug 2021
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOO

Mar 25, 2023 5:57 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Yes!!! I've been waiting for a second season of HypMic ever since DH(Osaka Division) and BAT(Nagoya Division) were featured at the end of Season 1. The 2nd DRB was very intense so I'm hoping they would cover that too.

Can't Wait!!!

juliayousoro said:
i just realized it says “Rhyme Anima+”
is that in reference to the second versions of group songs with BAT and DH? it probably is. thats cute lol
Yeah. It's pretty much an indicator that DH and BAT will be featured in the second season.

Roll Call of all the Divisions
Mar 25, 2023 5:58 AM
Dec 2017
@iva- now you have to catch up with teh first season of hypmic pretty soon.

Mar 25, 2023 7:34 AM

Jul 2013
More nonsense! Can't wait to watch and laugh myself to death! Also we'll get new songs, woohoo!
Mar 25, 2023 8:26 AM
Nov 2019
Nutella71 said:
As much as like the franchise, but this is so out of the blue. I was more than sure the anime was the usual one off subpar attempt at promoting the original material and not much more (even with the glaring cliffhanger and teaser at the end of the last episode). So it getting a 2nd season is truly unexpected. Now I'm curious if they'll continue with the former approach of making an original story or decide to follow the manga/drama CDs from now on (even if that change might be on the more jarring side).
If I understood right from live it's going to be original story and have also some original characters

But little mixed feelings with dh and bat getting animeted. A little fear if it's not good and I won't like characters in anime
Mar 25, 2023 10:31 AM

Jun 2020
YAAAAAASSSSS omg, BAT pls, omg…..omg!!!!! Will they feature Moonlight Shadow, I love that song so fucking MUCH

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 25, 2023 1:52 PM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
About darn time! I enjoyed the first season quite a lot. So here's hoping this will be even better.
Mar 25, 2023 4:44 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
About time! This is great news ♥

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
4 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
7 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
8 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.