Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ONIMAI: I'm Now Your Sister!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2023 12:40 PM
Novice
Mar 2023
Man this show was awesome i love how he recognized how his life has turned for the good and he stayed together with his friends hopefully there will be a second season this was very wholesome :D
Mar 23, 2023 12:50 PM
Jul 2014
Season two please, this isn't allowed to end.
Mar 23, 2023 1:08 PM
Dec 2021
this anime is good.
Mar 23, 2023 1:08 PM

May 2018
Hopefully they'll make more of it, that was quite refreshing, wholesome and unexpectedly good. Amidst this awfully mediocre season, to see something like Onimai is definitely a bliss.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Mar 23, 2023 1:12 PM
Aug 2022
This was easily one of the best ways to end this one. I honestly hope another season gets made cuz damn I enjoyed this all the way.
Mar 23, 2023 1:22 PM

Jan 2018
Arguably the most well animated show this season and possibly the year too.

Hope there will be a second season animated by Bind again.
Mar 23, 2023 1:55 PM
Oct 2021
this show has proven to be surprisingly good. at first i wasn’t sure it was for me but tbh it took the more wholesome route instead of the weird pervy route lmao
Mar 23, 2023 2:17 PM

Jan 2013
Ryuseishun said:
No amount of sakuga can really make up for what amounts to barely anything more than a nothing burger even by cute girl anime standards.
I didn't know opinions could be objectively wrong.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 23, 2023 2:26 PM

Mar 2016
LostSpectre said:
Ryuseishun said:
No amount of sakuga can really make up for what amounts to barely anything more than a nothing burger even by cute girl anime standards.
I didn’t know this show is supposedly objectively good and criticism-proof. My bad.
Mar 23, 2023 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
Ryuseishun said:
LostSpectre said:
I didn’t know this show is supposedly objectively good and criticism-proof. My bad.
I'm glad you realized your mistake. I won't hold it against you. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 23, 2023 2:38 PM

Sep 2013
Loved it. Saved the onsen to make a real finale out of it. I can only hope the series will continue to do well, because I want to see more of it, even if it's not in a second season.
Mar 23, 2023 2:42 PM

Dec 2013
This show was extremely enjoyable, at first glance you would imagine it is just basic raunchy shit but it was surprisingly touching, he was a neet / hikikomori but he had a second chance in life and was finally able to enjoy the simple things in life, it had the perfect amount of fanservice too with effort put into it no less, hopefully we get more shows like this, but no point waiting for it on the this modern age, need more anime songs by P丸様 too.
Mar 23, 2023 2:44 PM

Dec 2022
Ultimo capitulo...
Fue muy divertido ver este anime pero todo lo bueno tiene que terminar.
Buen capítulo y gran anime.
Mar 23, 2023 2:56 PM

May 2016
Okay show, it got super dull in the middle, but ended well.

A massive shame the unbelievable animation quality was only present in the first 2-3 episodes, because if it'd kept it up, I'd probably give it an 8 on pure visual stimulation alone. 
As is, 6 overall, and one point is solely for those initial episodes. Rewatched the first and my mouth was actually agape for a lot of it.
Mar 23, 2023 3:11 PM

Jan 2023
wow, the ending was amazing, the soundtrack and the ending scene really did their best.
I will remember this show for a good time
Mar 23, 2023 3:16 PM

Nov 2013
Not a bad show. Could have been better without the whole pedo-bait BS though.

As expected Mahiro chose to be girl ("temporarily", a bit longer), but yet again he was forced to do so due to circumstances. 

I guess the conclusion of story will have Mahiro choosing to remain a girl forever, this time willingly. IMO it defeats the whole "rehabilitation" purpose, considering Mahiro never had gender-identity issues, but I guess the story will still likely shift toward "accepting being a girl", while overcoming social anxiety disorder will gradually be sidelined.
Mar 23, 2023 3:17 PM
Jul 2018
cute and funny anime but the lolis sexualization was a bit too much for me
Mar 23, 2023 3:18 PM
Jun 2020
This has got to be the best anime this season... I loved every bit of it.

Mar 23, 2023 3:20 PM

Feb 2014
It felt fitting that the final episode would take place in a lovely hot springs town, where the majestic beauty of the place was showcased nicely with the snowy weather. With the waterfalls in the background, this place would be the perfect place to unwind and relax, which is what Mahiro and company did! =)

As expected of the final episode, the animation quality was simply excellent from start to finish, including the amusing moments in the hot springs itself, where the potion that Mahiro took was starting to slowly reverse. In the end, Mahiro decided to stay as a girl for a while longer instead of changing back to being male. Considering how much that Mahiro's world has opened up thanks to Mihari's rehabilitation project, I think she's made the right decision here.

Overall, this series was really good fun. It did get off to a slightly controversial start, but for those who stuck around, we were rewarded with plenty nice CGDCT moments, as well as many funny scenes and interactions. Production values were one of the best of this whole season and the OP/ED songs are very catchy and upbeat.

8/10 will be my final score and I hope there'll be a second season down the line in a few years time. ^_^
Mar 23, 2023 3:21 PM
Oct 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Yea it’s gonna take something insanely special to not have Onimai as AOTY. Absolutely amazing finale that had everything that’s made this show so good. Perfect showcase of Mahiro growth. What a truly beautiful tale of growth and the importance of friendship.

It’s funny, I want Bind to focus on Mushoku, but when you see them doing things like this, how could you not want more stories like this? The animation was just breathtaking at times during this show. The direction was stellar and they improved the source material so much. Bravo.

Honestly I'd be perfectly happy if they alternated the two. Mushoku Tensei really isn't my thing and this is definitely more my speed. I'm cautiously hoping that it gets a continuation in the future.
Mar 23, 2023 3:38 PM
Jun 2009
Was hoping for a more darker finale, where he turns back into male.
The way it is now for some reason makes me feel more sad.
Mar 23, 2023 3:44 PM

Sep 2018
Such a thoroughly sweet and entertaining ride from start to finish.

Truly a hidden gem of a show that deserved way more (positive) attention.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Mar 23, 2023 3:56 PM
Jul 2022
I despised this anime at the start because of the gender Bender genre, but I started to like this anime after watching a few episodes for fun. So I beg that there will be Season 2
Mar 23, 2023 4:06 PM
Dec 2022
best eps, i love it so much
Mar 23, 2023 4:15 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
woulda been a hilarious curve ball if the drink had been frozen in the cold lol
Mar 23, 2023 4:31 PM

Sep 2009
You know, I was pretty meh for this show at first. Not because the premise triggered me like some other people. I was just neither funny, nor fancervicy, nor comfy. But it got way better once more characters joined the cast. So it ended up pretty good  CGDCT show.

I actully don't like Mushoku Tensei, so I do not mind the studio doing something like this in between.
Mar 23, 2023 4:32 PM
Feb 2020
the art of this episode was awesome,also i loved how they did the onsen trip including miyo and asahi
Mar 23, 2023 4:42 PM
May 2022
am gonna miss this show
Mar 23, 2023 5:09 PM

Mar 2016
LostSpectre said:
Ryuseishun said:
I'm glad you realized your mistake. I won't hold it against you. 
My brother in Christ, it seems that you’re the one out of the loop here. But I’ll let it go. Not worth my time especially in MAL forums of all places.
Mar 23, 2023 5:41 PM

Jan 2022
THE END, RIP. Very beautiful episode, a lot of visuals were stunning and.. oh no he got his penis back.... but he decided that his new life is worth it, how wholesome. Thank you BIND and thank you ONIMAI !
I like everything, ok
Mar 23, 2023 5:42 PM

Sep 2020
Really amazing finale, didn't expect the medicine to lose effect though, the snow scene with both of them are just beautiful, definitely my favorite show of the season!
Mar 23, 2023 5:47 PM

Feb 2016
what an incredible episode. I can't believe AOTY is already over.

If this doesn't get a season 2 I'm game ending myself (in Minecraft)
Mar 23, 2023 6:03 PM

Dec 2022
gonna miss this show so much... I still havent decided between this and tomo-chan for AOTS, but the last week or so ive really been leaning toward onimai. what a fantastic group of girls and i looooove the animation style ! i wonder if well get a season two or at least a lil ova or something
Mar 23, 2023 6:10 PM
May 2017
Very good! Second season much welcome.

Very good? Not... great!
leonardobarbaMar 23, 2023 6:17 PM
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 23, 2023 6:11 PM
Jun 2021
I really hold my breath and cried a lot at the end. I felt exactly the same what Mahiro felt in her heart, because I am the person that can understand her at the most.

This show is perfect, so cute and so nice. It cracked many eggs and it will crack more. I am just grateful.

Thanks to Nekotoufu to create this amazing masterpiece. 

Now I cannot wait for 2nd season and I hope it comes next season like Komi-San because I saw it became a twitter trend in japan.

I am so happy that it is so popular.
Mar 23, 2023 6:20 PM
Mar 2020
That meant a lot to me. Really hope we get more stories with such a positive take on the whole experience
Mar 23, 2023 6:25 PM

Sep 2021
Like I've been saying every time I post in these threads, Oniichan wa Oshimai! has become my surprise favorite of the season. After starting it with basically no expectations whatsoever, and expecting it to just be another silly anime to fill space in my seasonals, it totally surpassed all of those expectations, on every possible level. Genuinely such a gem of the season! I really hope it gets more positive attention, and more people actually give it a chance in the future. I'm so glad I didn't write it off simply because of the title and the cover, all those weeks ago.

I don't have too much to say about this final episode, except that it was as gorgeous and ridiculous and silly and warm and heartfelt as I ever could have hoped. I always love when shows end their season with a big group trip, and the backdrop of the onsen was just perfect~ It was such a great sendoff, and the animation was beautiful, as usual.
The scenes in the bath were hilarious (Momiji being an absolute highlight), and Mahiro's quiet reflections in the snow were really touching. I kind of figured he would decide to keep living life as a girl in the end (I mean, that's kind of the whole point of the series-), but to see how he came to the conclusion, with all of the realizations of how meaningful his life is now... it was just really, really sweet and maybe it did make me cry ok.

Really hoping that we'll get a second season or an OVA sooner rather than later; I'm going to miss Mahiro and the others so so much! ♡

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Mar 23, 2023 6:35 PM
Aug 2016
"its not like i wanna stay a girl or anything"

b-b-baka

but seriously this was a solid conclusion where there could be a shot at a season 2 but also gives enough ambiguity for those reading mahiro as trans can enjoy that reading while those who don't can just assume it was just bad timing and can give a nice conclusion in case its not as successful

also its just very very VERY well animated
Mar 23, 2023 6:48 PM

Nov 2011
His dick grew back in the Hot springs lol.

Yeah idk 7.8/10  I hate that this was good and I found myself conflicted at times.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 23, 2023 7:22 PM

Feb 2021
‎Anime of the season easily. Praying for season 2
After this I'm definitely watching anything Bind will make
EmbientMar 23, 2023 7:26 PM
Mar 23, 2023 7:30 PM
Daydreamy Idol

Oct 2020
Truly my favorite anime of the season… I’m not sure if it was intentional or unintentional, but it captured the transgender experience of “I wish I could redo my life as the gender I truly am” (and whether Mahiro is truly a girl or just a guy enjoying his time as a girl, it’s all incredibly wholesome) while also giving us an amazing dose of CGDCT. I hope we get a season 2! Maybe I’ll go read the manga now.
Mar 23, 2023 7:53 PM
Jan 2022
Wow bro really drank the potion after all, I can't say I'm happy ab that but still the overall show was just so wholesome and enjoyable, just means good things are to come for mushoku tensei season 2 🔥
Mar 23, 2023 7:53 PM

Jul 2015
Lovely, blessed, wholesome anime, it is definitely not for everyone due to the unusual concept, but that for sure works for me, I just wanna watch a cute and lovely story, and that was it, Mahiro for sure is now living a lovely and blessed life and the decision she made was the right decision. 
Mar 23, 2023 8:02 PM

Feb 2011
The animation (especially the ending) was always on point, character expressions were wonderful, music was good, personalities were all vibrant

All in all an absolute gem of an anime. When Mahiro sped over to Mihari and thrust her hand down her legs to "verify" the problem, i laughed so hard i cried.

10/10 episode

9/10 overall anime

Mar 23, 2023 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
Good anime but i want Season 2. Last episodes are a bit boring. I like first episode more than the last ones.
Mar 23, 2023 8:15 PM

Dec 2015
Straight to the point, it's another anime that I'll miss, this "The End" message looks like they finished for complete the anime story, they show that Mahiro now lives happy with his sister and everything now is "perfect".

Unfortunately we lose another amazing comedy series that could be more extense.
Mar 23, 2023 8:28 PM
Nov 2010
Anyone noticed those 2 characters in the ending ?
That might be a hint for a new Onimai anime sometime in the future
Mar 23, 2023 8:36 PM
Mar 2018
The BD release will be wild
Mar 23, 2023 8:42 PM

Feb 2016
I thought we where going to get more dumb situations of "haha Mahiro has a dick lmao", I'm kinda disappointed XD

This anime has no right on being so good, it may have lots of pedo fanservice, but thankfully I don't care about that shit, the goofyness overshadows that, it is actually hilarious, and the animation is gorgeous.
10/10
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Mar 23, 2023 8:54 PM
Dec 2022
Ryuseishun said:
now you're just hating to hate; that was anything but a nothing burger.
please seek help and learn to appreciate good character driven content before commenting again. 
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2023

195 by RaptorDan »»
May 17, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2023

124 by Juicedi »»
Apr 25, 1:54 PM

» I love Asahi!

BigBoyAdvance - Feb 7

20 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 23, 3:19 PM

Poll: » did this show get you excited

weeaboo5008 - Dec 26, 2023

31 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 23, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Who do you like the most? (Favorite/best girl poll)

Onii-chanShuki - Mar 18, 2023

31 by rin750 »»
Mar 20, 1:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.