Forum Settings
Forums

'City Hunter Movie: Tenshi no Namida' Reveals Main Staff, Teaser Trailer, Fall 2023 Premiere

New
Feb 21, 2023 3:00 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the new City Hunter movie revealed on Wednesday the main staff, returning cast, and a teaser trailer. The movie, subtitled Tenshi no Namida (Angel Dust), is scheduled to open in theaters in Fall 2023.

Staff
Chief Director: Kenji Kodama (City Hunter)
Script: Yasuyuki Mutou (Kidou Senshi Gundam: Senkou no Hathaway)
Studio: Sunrise, The Answer Studio
Distribution: Aniplex

Kazue Ikura, Harumi Ichiryuusai, Tesshou Genda, and Mami Koyama are reprising their roles from the previous entries.

The anime series is based on Tsukasa Hojo's comedy detective manga which serialized in Weekly Shounen Jump magazine from February 1985 to November 1991. The manga inspired four TV anime, two OVAs, four anime films, three specials, and four anime films.

City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes, the latest anime movie produced by Sunrise, premiered in February 2019, grossing over 1.5 billion yen in the box-office.

The series was also previously adapted into multiple live-action adaptations outside Japan, including a Hong-Kong live action movie released in 1993, as well as a French live-action movie titled Nicky Larson et le parfum de Cupidon in February 2019.

Teaser Trailer

Official site: https://cityhunter-movie.com/
Official Twitter: @cityhuntermovie

Source: Comic Natalie
DatRandomDudeFeb 21, 2023 3:00 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 21, 2023 3:39 PM

Mar 2021
I personally enjoyed the previous theatrical version, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Feb 21, 2023 8:11 PM

Feb 2021
I like this series and watch the movie!
Feb 22, 2023 8:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
kihel said:
I personally enjoyed the previous theatrical version, so I'm looking forward to this one.
Can I watch this as a newcomer?
Feb 22, 2023 8:53 AM

Feb 2021
Tokoya said:
kihel said:
I think yes. The story is about a daily life of Ryou Saeba, how he and his friends help to keep their town in order.

There is no strict order whether you should watch the series from the very beginning.

I hope that they continue the anime series from the manga chapter on which it ended. We need such classic series to be revived!

ED is simply fantastic! The song is amazing!

MemoreFeb 22, 2023 9:18 AM
Feb 22, 2023 9:30 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Memore said:
Tokoya said:
I think yes. The story is about a daily life of Ryou Saeba, how he and his friends help to keep their town in order.

There is no strict order whether you should watch the series from the very beginning.

I hope that they continue the anime series from the manga chapter on which it ended. We need such classic series to be revived!

Okay, sounds good, thanks!
Feb 22, 2023 9:33 AM

Feb 2021
Tokoya said:
Memore said:

Okay, sounds good, thanks!

You are welcome!!
Feb 23, 2023 9:59 PM

Mar 2021
Tokoya said:
kihel said:
Sorry for the late reply.

There's a quick introduction of the characters and stuff at the beginning, so I think even newcomers will enjoy it.

Feb 24, 2023 6:00 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
kihel said:
Tokoya said:
Sorry for the late reply.

There's a quick introduction of the characters and stuff at the beginning, so I think even newcomers will enjoy it.
Say less, thanks for the info!
Feb 26, 2023 3:18 AM
May 2015
This is gonna be great. 

Maybe a TV series would have been a better adaptation, but still I think this is gonna be great. 
Feb 26, 2023 3:20 AM

Jan 2013
Haneken2086 said:
This is gonna be great. 

Maybe a TV series would have been a better adaptation, but still I think this is gonna be great. 
Oh man I would give everything for a new City Hunter TV series. But we’ll make do with this new content regardless
Feb 28, 2023 7:23 PM
Oct 2018
Planning to watch this franchise, is this movie gonna be a sequel?

More topics from this board

» 'Isekai Suicide Squad' Announces More Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by Memore »»
2 hours ago

» Studio Bind Adapts 'Hana wa Saku, Shura no Gotoku' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

Vindstot - Jun 12

47 by OeKusoBaba »»
3 hours ago

» Video Game 'Guilty Gear: Strive' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Jun 13

37 by OeKusoBaba »»
3 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Unveils Additional Staff, Theme Songs, Main Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by 0arche »»
4 hours ago

» A-1 Pictures Acquires Studio 3Hz's Production, Planning Business

Vindstot - Jun 18

20 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.