Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2023 5:43 AM

Nov 2011
About time guys like Martin gets some personality spotlight even if it's not significant.

Also, it's kinda weird seeing Milium and Altina together in animated form. I mean, maybe not too weird if you've played the game before but with no context of their relationship, it feels weird. Seems this episode is pushing the plot deeper with the world conflicts. Also interesting to see Claire and Lector show up and I also hope they use more of the battle OST from the games.
Stark700Feb 10, 2023 6:48 AM
Feb 10, 2023 7:58 AM

Jan 2014
We never got to properly see Millium do any Iron Blood jobs in any of the games (she only acted like an Iron Blood shortly when she was introduced in CS1), so it was great to finally see her from that angle. 
Feb 10, 2023 8:32 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
They literally had a checklist of locations that they had to visit within the show huh. But Celdic was defo one that i wanted to see. About time that MI got involved. Giving their antics it was hard not to detect them. Martin being part of the forces that razed Celdic during the turmoil of the civil war though. Nice to see Claire and Millum though looks like Claire has a special uniform for her role within Crossbell though. Seeing the scene get animated really reminds me of just how heinous the jaegers were when they razed the town back then. It was nice to see Glark finally get some real input in managing the jaegers. Overall a pretty fun ep that featured a nice blend if action, revelations and character expansion. Bringing in the ironbloods while also setting the stage for the war added a lot of tension to the narrative.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2023 8:52 AM
May 2020
Shingster said:
They literally had a checklist of locations that they had to visit within the show huh. But Celdic was defo one that i wanted to see. About time that MI got involved. Giving their antics it was hard not to detect them. Martin being part of the forces that razed Celdic during the turmoil of the civil war though. Nice to see Claire and Millum though looks like Claire has a special uniform for her role within Crossbell though. Seeing the scene get animated really reminds me of just how heinous the jaegers were when they razed the town back then. It was nice to see Glark finally get some real input in managing the jaegers. Overall a pretty fun ep that featured a nice blend if action, revelations and character expansion. Bringing in the ironbloods while also setting the stage for the war added a lot of tension to the narrative.

Claire is wearing the Crossbell Millitary Police Uniform
Feb 10, 2023 8:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
I was referring to when she was meeting with Rufus. That uniform looked a bit different.
She was wearing the correct one when Martin was talking about the ironbloods though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2023 9:21 AM
May 2020
Shingster said:
I was referring to when she was meeting with Rufus. That uniform looked a bit different.
She was wearing the correct one when Martin was talking about the ironbloods though.

Exactly my point, The new Green outfit is a Crossbell Police Uniform.
The og Gray in game outfit is an "Erebonian Railway Police Uniform".
I exactly told you what her new outfit was. She stationed at Crossbell with Rufus does the new outfit.
Feb 10, 2023 9:45 AM
Oct 2021
You know, when Claire asked Rufus how he was gonna play his cards against North Ambria, I thought she was talking about using Rean in the war. We know she cares about him so it'd make sense she'd be worried about how much they'll keep using him when he's just a student still. Kinda disappointed that wasn't the case but that's on me for misinterpreting.

So Martin's one of the Northern Jaegers that participated in burning Celdic. I get the angle of "he's a soldier so he can't refuse orders" but he still killed innocent people so I'd like to see how they deal with him now.
I understand how many of the Jaegers wouldn't know about the more morally shit missions their superiors participate in. It's not like they'd return home happy about the civillians they killed. I really hope this revelation would lead to the rest of the gang to question what they're fighting for.

I command the anime for addressing the issue I had with Rogan's proposition in episode 2 of attacking the empire first. He's asked how the hell would they do that when they have no hope of winning against the empire. It's unfortunate that his response is "uuuhh if all of our troops attack their critical point (which I'm not gonna name, or how we reach said point) then we could win". Also, the reperations request from the empire should've arrived, right? But I guess we're not addressing that today. (or maybe it didn't arrive)

As always, the action is full of nonsense and made the ironbloods look really incompitent. Lechter doesn't help them because I guess he wants them to work better together. Our main cast are found, no shit when they have a fire lit. Might as well raise a giant flag telling every mf where they are in a 10 miles radius. And both Altina and Millium chase the same guy cause they're stupid.

And we know Lammy and Claimoh Solais have barriers that they can deflect projectiles with cause we played the games, but the anime doesn't show that. Instead it shows Martin not knowing how to shoot to save his live.
I expected Rean to be there and chase after the rest of the team, and that's why Lechter didn't go after them. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe it is and that'll be the next episode.

At this point, I'm siding with the empire in annexing North Ambria. If you can't run a country without having to rely on a mecenery group who will gladly kill civillians if they're paid to do so, then I have no sympathy for your country. We can blame the Salt pale disaster or Osborn's schemes, but that doesn't change the fact that they do these things themselves. And of course if we're to believe Rogan in episode 2, then there are a bunch of wealthy people in North Ambria who benefit from that, which weakens any arguement about them needing to do that to survive. The entire government needs to change, at least I would agree with Rogan on that. He's still a grade A moron though.
Feb 10, 2023 1:34 PM
May 2020
Secret333 said:
You know, when Claire asked Rufus how he was gonna play his cards against North Ambria, I thought she was talking about using Rean in the war. We know she cares about him so it'd make sense she'd be worried about how much they'll keep using him when he's just a student still. Kinda disappointed that wasn't the case but that's on me for misinterpreting.

So Martin's one of the Northern Jaegers that participated in burning Celdic. I get the angle of "he's a soldier so he can't refuse orders" but he still killed innocent people so I'd like to see how they deal with him now.
I understand how many of the Jaegers wouldn't know about the more morally shit missions their superiors participate in. It's not like they'd return home happy about the civillians they killed. I really hope this revelation would lead to the rest of the gang to question what they're fighting for.

I command the anime for addressing the issue I had with Rogan's proposition in episode 2 of attacking the empire first. He's asked how the hell would they do that when they have no hope of winning against the empire. It's unfortunate that his response is "uuuhh if all of our troops attack their critical point (which I'm not gonna name, or how we reach said point) then we could win". Also, the reperations request from the empire should've arrived, right? But I guess we're not addressing that today. (or maybe it didn't arrive)

As always, the action is full of nonsense and made the ironbloods look really incompitent. Lechter doesn't help them because I guess he wants them to work better together. Our main cast are found, no shit when they have a fire lit. Might as well raise a giant flag telling every mf where they are in a 10 miles radius. And both Altina and Millium chase the same guy cause they're stupid.

And we know Lammy and Claimoh Solais have barriers that they can deflect projectiles with cause we played the games, but the anime doesn't show that. Instead it shows Martin not knowing how to shoot to save his live.
I expected Rean to be there and chase after the rest of the team, and that's why Lechter didn't go after them. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe it is and that'll be the next episode.

At this point, I'm siding with the empire in annexing North Ambria. If you can't run a country without having to rely on a mecenery group who will gladly kill civillians if they're paid to do so, then I have no sympathy for your country. We can blame the Salt pale disaster or Osborn's schemes, but that doesn't change the fact that they do these things themselves. And of course if we're to believe Rogan in episode 2, then there are a bunch of wealthy people in North Ambria who benefit from that, which weakens any arguement about them needing to do that to survive. The entire government needs to change, at least I would agree with Rogan on that. He's still a grade A moron though.

Lechter directly told them to chase after the appointed "priority" hostage which was Lavi rhys they chased her. Also but then again Lechter seems to also has plans for Martin being the hostage, also probably why they run with Martin keeping them at bay to let the other escape.
Martin is still a good hostage as he is actually a northern jaeger who was part of the Celdic attack. And the Intelligence bureau can easily get proof of it from Duke Albarea. A good hostage to ignite Erebonian people's hate towards north Ambria. A good propaganda to justify North Ambria annexation.
Also Lammy and Solais have good Intellect and can move on their own. Its them being good at gibing vover and protecting Millium and Altina rather thanartin sucking at shooting.
Feb 10, 2023 6:07 PM

Sep 2011
Hey look, the show finally started.  Nice to see Claire and Milum.  Hope the show can continue this momentum
Feb 10, 2023 6:28 PM

Dec 2022
good episode, the sparks are starting to fan, you can feel this thing is about to spark up. plus we got introduced to this Claire lady, who I don't mind saying is endowed with huge plot haha
Feb 10, 2023 9:48 PM

Jan 2011
show has actually started now  neat to see the Iron bloods and  Martin actually got some lore turns out he kinda sucks for what he was apart of huh 

Fanning the flames of war is what The Iron bloods are good at 
Feb 10, 2023 11:30 PM
Dec 2021
Oh hey it's Not-a-sword Millium. Didn't expect Claire here though. I think the one died is the market manager right? Since CS2 shows the aftermath of that razing if i remember it right. Yeah, what can I say. Sh*ts bout to go down
Feb 11, 2023 2:11 AM
Oct 2021
Sonson7 said:

Also Lammy and Solais have good Intellect and can move on their own. Its them being good at gibing vover and protecting Millium and Altina rather thanartin sucking at shooting.
I know. It's just that the scene shows bullets hitting Lammy and Solais while they're approaching him slowly, so If you don't know anything about them it just looks like he missed the girls for the robots. It's just a minor nitpick in everything else.
Feb 11, 2023 8:00 AM
Dec 2021
Secret333 said:
Sonson7 said:

I know. It's just that the scene shows bullets hitting Lammy and Solais while they're approaching him slowly, so If you don't know anything about them it just looks like he missed the girls for the robots. It's just a minor nitpick in everything else.

Also he didn't shoot the two directly since that will mean business. Remember that Ash shooting the emperor caused the war between Erebonia and Calvard, making Ash a spy in the report to the public. Same can be applied here if he shot it directly at the two instead of their Combat Shells
Feb 11, 2023 8:38 AM
Oct 2021
Kakeru_00115 said:
Secret333 said:

Also he didn't shoot the two directly since that will mean business. Remember that Ash shooting the emperor caused the war between Erebonia and Calvard, making Ash a spy in the report to the public. Same can be applied here if he shot it directly at the two instead of their Combat Shells

Yeah that’s a fair point
Feb 11, 2023 10:47 AM

Jul 2008
So  North Ambria is screwed it seems like.
Feb 15, 2023 5:10 PM

Nov 2013
weekly dose of ignoring whatever world building there is and just have fun looking at Lavi :D

poor Lavi is traumatized by Rean and his robot
they met some enemies, including Altina, the one with the hoodie from last episode, who gave her back the doll, and also showed some pictures of their mission

apparently Martin was part of a mission that put fire in a town, killing many innocent people
Lavi grandfather's name was mentioned, is it a crime to be the grandaughter of some famous guy? geez lmao

there's this blue haired woman called Claire, and the guy who is doing the chase, LEchter, and they seem to be some of the most important workers of the empire

Altina and Miriam summoned their little robots(?) and easily overpowered the 4, but they couldn't win without destroying some houses, so they needed to restrain themselves

the 4 went in different directions, and after the 2 robots clashed (lmao), they went to chase Lavi on top of a train
right on time, a second train passed by them, and Lavi jumped on it, leaving the pursuers behind...and ended up jumping into some carriage before contacting the teammates and moving to the planned spot

the 4 talked about the fire... it was just a mission, nothing he could do about it, it's a war after all
more random politics i don't care about, great lol i'll just skip this long ass scene...

enemies and allies alike, might want to make use of Lavi's family name for their advantage

the other 2 girls came again, and this time there's no houses, so they can go all out
with a flash granade they escaped and hid, and Martin decided to sacrifice himself to protect the other 3, his serious face made Lavi scared to death
he easily get caught, but still bought some time with granades and gunshots,so the rest escaped safely to the bus

Lavi's goal? what does she wish for?
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 19, 2023 7:30 PM
Jun 2014
Whats with the bunch of people just summarizing the episode? xD

I don't like this. Millium and Altina were ridiculous. It's a new show with a new cast and they're made just to one up our old cast.
Feb 22, 2023 11:40 AM

Jan 2013
CLAIRE!

Pretty pleasant surprise considering she's literally the only Ironblood not in the trailer even though it makes perfect sense for her to be involved since the RMP was involved in the suppression of the North Ambrian rebellion. Also half of this anime already takes place in the empire so even more reason. This changes my entire opinion. The show is good now. Gotta go submit a character page for her now.
Nov 6, 2023 8:53 AM
Aug 2013
nice to see some actual cast, but nothing special. Not bad but also not great

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

31 by Kenchiin »»
Jan 23, 8:46 AM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

14 by Volvagia »»
Nov 15, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

17 by Volvagia »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2023

25 by Volvagia »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:13 AM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2023

35 by Volvagia »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.