Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 6, 2023 3:32 PM
Oct 2019
I can feel season 2 slowly increasing in terms of action. At some point the action will suddenly come, can't wait.
Feb 6, 2023 4:04 PM

Apr 2022
canute's development has been crazy, really liking this new canute.
glad to see some more familiar faces from season 1. thorkell the GOAT is back, even floki, who looks pretty much the same.
still blows my mind how far canute has come.
Feb 6, 2023 4:27 PM

Jul 2015
Can't wait to see how much Thorfin will change at the end of this season. Canute changed a lot since the last time we saw him. It was another great episode again and so short xd.
Feb 6, 2023 4:27 PM

Jun 2022
Canute had the biggest glow up ever. From being a weakling guarded by his caretaker to the King of England. What a giga chad. 
Feb 6, 2023 4:34 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Damn! That was a lot of plot XD

Canute is all grown up now
Feb 6, 2023 4:38 PM

Aug 2016
WoW that was so cool and basass
Feb 6, 2023 4:49 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So if Thorkell dies one day, it will probably be by a frog

Canute basically ends the war in one episode. The time for violence and bloodshed is over. It is time to spread some LOVE

I love the title of the next episode: "We Need A Horse"

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 6, 2023 5:36 PM

Aug 2020
Now Griffith-wannabe is showing his progress and prowesses... Dude turned into a scandinavian Clint Eastwood on the flip of a coin in s1. His femboy days are over definitely now.

He finally became king. Completely grown up now..

Feb 6, 2023 5:47 PM

Mar 2010
This is how you evolve within choas not how thorfin currently is but i'm sure he will bounce back. Tho as a descendent of odin himself the throne belongs to me. As gods as my witness.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 6, 2023 6:17 PM

Feb 2022
Great episode!

A different episode than usual where we see Padfoot's perspective and not Thorfinn's

It was incredible what Padfoot had to do to be king of England, and he was very intelligent too

Undoubtedly, this chapter is one of those that leaves you thinking about it even when you have seen this chapter completely.

Another great job by Mappa
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Feb 6, 2023 6:45 PM
Dec 2017
epic update on canute, i think this season has a ton of potential to kick even more ass
Feb 6, 2023 7:08 PM

Feb 2016
CANUTE IS FINALLY A MAN!!!

His plot is way more interesting than Thorfinn's.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Feb 6, 2023 7:12 PM

Feb 2016
Burns perfectly good wood.
Feb 6, 2023 7:16 PM
Jan 2023
bro the pacing is killing me...its slow to death...content is great but bro pacing💀
Feb 6, 2023 7:42 PM

Apr 2020
canute is so the coolest
Feb 6, 2023 8:31 PM
Nov 2019
Canute going from where he was in season 1 to this is a hell of a transformation.
Feb 6, 2023 8:59 PM

Jul 2016
Gotta love this new Canute who looks like freaking He-Man.

5/5 episode. Mind over muscle is always the way.
Feb 6, 2023 9:01 PM

Jul 2021
That was great. Less farmland and more Canute, Canute is so fucking cool, he grew, he changed, he's more cruel than ever. The episode felt quite heavy, mainly because of the politics and power struggles. There's not much to say, pretty much just a history lesson episode, but a great one.
Feb 6, 2023 9:01 PM
Sep 2021
Only reason I put liked it is because I’m biased and am obsessed with thorfinn and his story. But otherwise this show is to die for.
Feb 6, 2023 9:29 PM

Dec 2020
So Canute conquered England in 3 years huh. Thorkell is pissed lol. 
Feb 6, 2023 9:45 PM

May 2020
Canute really had one of the best character development

seeing Thorell again was nice as well

Feb 6, 2023 9:59 PM

Apr 2015
Ami_am1 said:
Only reason I put liked it is because I’m biased and am obsessed with thorfinn and his story. But otherwise this show is to die for.
i think i'm the same
Feb 6, 2023 10:00 PM

Feb 2012
Canute from zero to hero, some great development for our boi. This new version of him doesn't fuck around. 
Thorkell's expression after hearing about Canute had me laughing that is too funny.
Feb 6, 2023 10:02 PM

Apr 2015
feel like this episode will make people to expect there will be many fights or wars coming in the future episodes
Feb 6, 2023 10:09 PM
May 2017
Canute grew so much. Physically of course, but it's his character development is the true highlight. From timid and cowardly to cunning, confident and lethal. Although tbh I wish they fleshed him out a bit more.
Next episode it's back to thorfinn and einar though

4/5 ep
Feb 6, 2023 10:17 PM

Jul 2013
The flashback of Askeladd killing King Sweyn back in season 1 still gives me chills. This event definitely left a deep mark on Canute's character, who seems to also have changed quite a lot since the last time we've seen him. 

I've missed Thorkell and his energetic charisma when it comes to war or fighting in general. With Canute forbidding Thorkell to fight it's no wonder why Thorkell is so pissed at him. I wasn't aware about the fact that Thorkell hates frogs so much lol.

Eadric was very naïve to think that Canute would take 8000 pound of silver as a bribe. As Canute was to point out to him shortly after, there is no interest in prosperity, wealth or anything of the sort, but solely in becoming the rightful King of England. With the fire signals he furthermore demonstrated not only what happens if someone offers resistance, it is also a sign of how easy it would be to turn Mercia to ashes.

Canute knows exactly what he's doing. His predictive and strategic thinking were a big factor for him becoming king in just 3 years. Surely an "illness" was responsible for any other contender for the throne dying. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If it comes to Canute's side of the story, I wonder where things will go from here on. Thorkell seems so pissed, that it wouldn't even surprise me, if he started a rebellion.

The title for the next episode is definitely interesting to say the least.

Feb 6, 2023 10:27 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
It's nice to see Canute's storyline on screen finally, solid episode. Also Thorkell's VA is always a win lol.

Feb 6, 2023 10:34 PM

Apr 2016
aziryn said:
Show has gone to crap, season one they dub as a prologue well it got everyone hooked into a certain style of show. To completely 180 it is bad form, this show will never get a season 3. 

Show will never recover imo.

Askeladd was such a big character and they dont have anything to replace that with. 

The manga has been going on for legit YEARS after Askeladd's death and it's been a massive success. What are you even on about?
Feb 6, 2023 10:44 PM
Aug 2016
Canute is the goat! it took one episode for him to get it all, was not expecting that to go by so quick I thought it would be like a whole arc of him big braining
Feb 6, 2023 11:10 PM
Jul 2019
Best episode so far I'm glad we got a check up on Canute and Thorkell they're my two favorite characters, I love how they showed how much Canute has changed since the 1st season and how proactive he has become also I like how Thorkell has to give Canute a reality check whenever he gets too passive I mean he is king so if wants to build that paradise he talked about some blood has to be shed and at the end of the episode he finally takes his throne! can't wait to see him again.
Feb 7, 2023 12:04 AM

Jul 2021
ep 5 title a path of blood. ep 6: wE nEeD a hOrSe. lmao

canute really became the king. he's come far. his past with askeladd and thorfinn sure made him tough. not a shred of fear. man just knows how to scare and dominate. i really want to see thorkell's reaction after he finds out that canute ended up becoming the king afterall.

and seems like there will be a lil bit of timeskip. timeskip thorfinn do be looking sexy tho.

5/5. looking forward to next episode.
TsutanaiFuunFeb 7, 2023 12:10 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 7, 2023 12:06 AM
Jan 2023
TsutanaiFuun said:
ep 5 title a path of blood. ep 6: wE nEeD a hOrSe. lmao

canute really became the king. he's come far. his past with askeladd and thorfinn sure made him tough. not a shred of fear. man just knows how to scare and dominate. i really want to see thorkell's reaction after he finds out that canute ended up becoming the king afterall.

and seems like there will be a lil bit of timeskip. timeskip thorfinn be looking sexy tho.

5/5. looking forward to next episode.
thorkell knew about him being the king already. that's why he said talking about Canute would ruin his drink
Feb 7, 2023 12:09 AM

Jul 2021
@ogking31  oh i didn't notice. he doesn't seem too pleased about it haha

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 7, 2023 12:43 AM

Nov 2017
All hail king Canute.

Feb 7, 2023 2:03 AM
Dec 2021
the character development of canute is amazing.He became the king of England amazing episode
Feb 7, 2023 2:14 AM

Dec 2021
What makes Seinen superior to Shounen is how it fleshes out each character in the story other than the Protagonist
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Feb 7, 2023 2:44 AM

Jul 2016
Zackception said:
Can't wait to see how much Thorfin will change at the end of this season. Canute changed a lot since the last time we saw him. It was another great episode again and so short xd.

I am just here for when Thorkill realises Thorfin is alive and basically orgasms on the spot that he has a fighting buddy again.
Feb 7, 2023 2:47 AM

Oct 2009
Damn I miss  Askeladd..

Canute's come a long way, 
nice to see Thorkell as well, dude hasn't aged a day!
Feb 7, 2023 4:17 AM
Aug 2020
The growth of Canute from where he started in season 1 up to now is brilliant and a highlight of the series so far. The episode solely focusing on his uprising over the last few years was a solid change of pace and a smart way to continue growing the world outside Thorfinn's and Einar's story.
Feb 7, 2023 4:46 AM
Nov 2020
Great episode. But teeny detail went amiss. The sun goes down and is down but then it goes up and then again it's down. Must have slipped Quality control
Feb 7, 2023 5:08 AM

Aug 2021
any ep with LUCIUS ARTORIUS CASTUS is a good ep!
Feb 7, 2023 5:13 AM
May 2020
Canute is here yall!!!!! This episode was the best so far for me…
Feb 7, 2023 6:26 AM
Jun 2021
Best episode so far!
Feb 7, 2023 7:27 AM
May 2022
Vindicater said:
Zackception said:

I am just here for when Thorkill realises Thorfin is alive and basically orgasms on the spot that he has a fighting buddy again.

lmao I'm waiting for it too

Feb 7, 2023 9:10 AM

Jun 2014
aziryn said:
Show has gone to crap, season one they dub as a prologue well it got everyone hooked into a certain style of show. To completely 180 it is bad form, this show will never get a season 3. 

Show will never recover imo.

Askeladd was such a big character and they dont have anything to replace that with. 

Spoken like someone who gave Fairy Tail a 10 lmfao.

The pacing is much slower this time around compared to season one due to the viewer needing to catch up with how the world has advanced since Canute’s ascendence to the throne. Thorfinn’s development in this season is amongst the best I’ve seen within the medium. Just be patient and enjoy the ride, Vinland Saga was never just about mindless violence…
Feb 7, 2023 11:55 AM
May 2020
nice episode, VDS!
Feb 7, 2023 12:28 PM
May 2020
Looks like Canute found himself a new cone-head,we also see the best character again(Thorkell).
Feb 7, 2023 12:49 PM

Aug 2020
good good good good
Feb 7, 2023 1:36 PM

Jul 2017
Canute, Askeladd and Thorkell have finally arrived into Season 2 with their continuation from the Prologue with King Sweyn of Denmark slained by Lucius himself, which brought forth the war between the Danish and the English once again. Both Canute and Ethelred the II proclaimed as the King of England, and fate wanders once more of who is the rightful heir. Canute Visiting Earl Eadric of Mercia, and Thorkell is the same old lunatic self, wanting the pillages of warfare. Yes, Thorkell might be someone uncontrollable, but at the very least, he's a watchman. Even with Earl Eadric's offerings, he wouldn't be an idiot to be scammed of 4,000 ponuds of silver just to pull back his troops from his land.

Eadric may have picked the worst decision to boot the Bretwalda of England out of Mercia if he's going to resolve this through monetary means. And even if the deal was struck with Ethelred beforehand who desires money than power, now's the time to make the one king be certain: Canute, not Ethelred, by way of assassination. To challenge the cowardly Earl, Canute presenting him with the various signal fires all over Mercia, and this would what be happening if he decides to go into war against Canute: by burning Mercia into the ground with little to no effort to spare. The irony of the situation being that Ethelred and his son Edmund both dying of an "illness", and it took Canute only less than 3 years to conquer England.

The return of greatness, unrivalled.
Feb 7, 2023 2:17 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What a scumbag has he turned into.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

486 by dhell26 »»
Yesterday, 9:00 PM

» Would u like this?

DerpySven - Apr 21

26 by Spoopy69 »»
Apr 24, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

374 by flyswatter »»
Apr 21, 1:55 PM

» About Ketil...

th3sleeper - Apr 20

6 by BipulGamer07 »»
Apr 20, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Do you consider Vinland Saga a masterpiece?

MillerEvans23 - Apr 17

19 by MillerEvans23 »»
Apr 17, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.