Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2023 6:15 AM

Jul 2017
The 4th member of High Card: The Samurai Girl Wendy Satou, holding the Ace of Spades. power of "Love and Peace" a.k.a LAP through her sword Love-P.

Wendy on the outside, can be kind of a klutz and a serious workaholic, and the rookie Finn is getting into his role as Pinochle's salesman, garnering a top client almost immediately, at the CEO level. That said, the rules of Wendy being never to draw her sword and get drunk, she can be a lonesome character.

A robbery that puts Chris's life on the line, and despite Wendy holding Pinochle's fort down with Vijay, she chooses to volunteer for this mission, which all High Card members assemble to round up the robbers and save a hostage. Especially since anyone of them could be a Player, the hostage with the 4 of Hearts being a clone power to put both herself and Vijay in danger, and the Ace of Spades power putting her in exactly the vein of Kakegurui's Yumeko Jabami being a psychomaniac lunatic, not even Leo nor Chris can take her on, and it is up to the rookie to calm things down.

Wendy may not have good cooking, but she's a reliable member.

Interesting episode, will it be Vijay's turn soon?
Jan 30, 2023 7:22 AM
Jan 2023
It was a great episode as we got to see the first ace in the show in action. Awesome!
Jan 30, 2023 7:41 AM

Mar 2020
We get to see the first ace player, and Wendy was a pretty nice character, being a very clumsy person at times, yet can be quite reliable at other things. Her backstory with her father was cool, and quite simple, with her path of solitude changing into one of teamwork. As for Wendy's power "Love and Peace", it's quite an interesting one, as she transforms into Love-P, a killing machine that is tough to stop, but at least she stopped the bank robbers in their tracks. It does seem to take some extra work to calm her down, but it could be a risk that is well worth it.

Looks like we are going through each character and getting to know more about them, so it looks like Vijay is the last main character who hasn't been a star of an episode yet, he'll probably be the main focus next week. Through four episodes, this has still kept providing entertainment value consistently.
Jan 30, 2023 7:42 AM
Jun 2022
Good episode. Im worried that its not gonna go higher than a 4/5 for me:/ i mean theres still alot of time so im not too worried.

Also, i need crazy wendy to step on me😩 ik im gon be down bad for her smh
Jan 30, 2023 7:52 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Man, such a long bathroon trip, hope the sale went well either way.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jan 30, 2023 9:01 AM

Feb 2019
Finally we got some Wendy lore. Been curious about her since the first episode and she has such a cute design. Living that life of solitude must have been really hard. You can see how much she worshipped her dad too, but I don’t think he was right. Having friends and people to rely on is the key to mastering Love and P and the sword. Think she’s starting to see that now.
Jan 30, 2023 10:04 AM
Jan 2021
Introductions out the way, episode 5 should be where we get into the true meat of the story
Jan 30, 2023 10:09 AM

May 2019
Wendy is an interesting character that kind of reminds me of the Joker when she draws her sword (did her boobs get bigger too when she transformed?) Yeah I don't think she can live like her dad in a life of solitude so it's good that there are potential friends in at least Finn and Chris.

I'm liking the action in each episode and, like others have said, Vijay should be next to show off what he can do.
Jan 30, 2023 10:58 AM

Nov 2016
I rock with Wendy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 30, 2023 11:12 AM
Jan 2018
Much better than last week's episode. I am cautiously optimistic.

I wonder if time will allow us to love Love and Peace the way we love GulusGammamon?
Jan 30, 2023 12:20 PM
Jan 2021
She's a slob, a drunk, a clutz and a workaholic, also she a bit psycho (well when she draws the sword, her/swords alter ego, is a psycho), I think I found my best girl for the year, if not of all time!

Glad to see Finn settling in and finding his way around. Got to see Vijay in action a bit too.

I found it funny for Wendy's dad to tell her to walk a path of solitude cause if he walked the same path, she wouldn't have existed lol, unless she was adopted, then fuck me I guess I was wrong. But I'm glad to see him change his ways near his end (I'm presuming he passed away) and encourage her to find people who care for her and are willing to walk with her on which ever path she may choose for herself.

Also, Love-P is pure violence and psychosis, I loved it, I hope we get to see more of her around and maybe even eventually see her mellow out a bit and become a team with Wendy first and then the rest of the boys, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

I'm assuming that the main story is about to start right about now and I'm excited to see where it goes!
Jan 30, 2023 12:22 PM

Oct 2022
An ace… we saw good action paced sequences and introducing another side character… but i feel it is a shounen that hasn’t yet reached its full potential. I hope next episodes goes in depth with a badass villain and interesting superpowers fights

Jan 30, 2023 12:32 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So we're finally introduced to the Samurai girl Wendy who has lead a very lonely life of trying to live up to her father who owned a dojo. She can be quite unlucky when she's not focused. Wendy currently owns the Ace of Spades called "Love and Peace" however when she draws the sword she becomes the physical manifestation of "Love and Peace" and starts killing everything in sight as Wendy doesn't have the mental fortitude to control her. Wendy had no choice, but to draw her as one of the robbers had a four of hearts that allowed him to clone himself. Luckily, Chris and Finn were there to stop her rampage after Leo failed to contained her. Chris distracted her by being the endless meat shield while Finn was able to lineup a series of shots to disarm Love and P and have Wendy turn back to normal. Hopefully Wendy will learn to rely on her friends as she's never going to be like her father who walked on the path of solitude.

The Ace of Spades is the highest card in the deck so it makes sense why its OP. It is also known as the Death card.
Jan 30, 2023 12:56 PM

Jan 2010
so foar this anime has been pretty mediocre. tempted to drop. I just...don't really care about the story or characters. Yet I'll give it one more episode, I'm guessing it'll focus on The Indian guy next...
idk, even though this show has quite a bit of violence, the goofiness makes it seem like it's geared more for younger teenage boys. I'm def not the target demographic for it...
Jan 30, 2023 5:08 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wait what? The ace of spades? So we have literally already scene the supposed strongest card of them all, and it's just some crazy lady? I mean, fine, I guess. I like Wendy though, I think we all do.

Never bring a knife to a gun fight. But in the case of an anime, it's never bring a gun to a knife fight (when's the last time you saw a dude with a gun beat a guy with a sword in anime). And yet Finn brings his gun to a sword fight, and wins. "Love and Peace" literally leaped ten stories into the air and brought down a helicopter, but I guess a guy with a slightly-above-average-gun was a bit too much for her.

Mad respect to the client though who is still waiting for Finn to come back from his really long bathroom break.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 30, 2023 6:05 PM

Dec 2022
Ace of Spades power did not disappoint! lots of love for Love-P!
Jan 30, 2023 6:43 PM

Jan 2011
i bit dissapointed about how this is turning out NGL
Jan 30, 2023 7:49 PM
Jan 2022
Wendy cute AF. not that there's a ton of girls in this show but she's the best anyway
Jan 30, 2023 9:38 PM

Dec 2021
I've been really enjoying this show so far, but I'm a bit confused as to when the cards were scattered across the world. I was under the impression it was pretty recent but Wendy's dad has had it since she was a kid?
Jan 31, 2023 9:48 AM

Aug 2019
I LOVED this episode!

The music, the animation, and ofc Wendy's power and backstory, all of it was awesome!

I just think it's such a shame not many people are paying attention to it, though a part of me hopes that's mainly because there's just so much airing this season, but idk. It does feel underrated, especially when compared to other anime from this season
Jan 31, 2023 10:01 AM

Sep 2018
I love Finn and his witty, sharp tongue to bits! He's so entertaining. <3

The show has taken a bit more of an episodic approach than I initially expected, but it makes for an easier weekly watch so not like I'm complaining.
Jan 31, 2023 2:39 PM

Jan 2021
Wendy coming late on her job, she's not having her day so she just drinks it all away, like an workaholic but the next day she dodges every misfortune. The chasing and the fight scenes were amazing as usual, really drove me into it. 

Samurai Girl strong as ever but the newest member Finn got to stop her, what an nice outcome, but Finn forgot one thing, he still left his client in the car lmfao.

Well performed episode. 
Feb 1, 2023 12:06 PM

Oct 2008
When it comes to melee battles...Wendy might be the strongest in that department/card users...
4/5.

Feb 6, 2023 8:53 AM
Aug 2018
I made it passed 3 episodes and to be honest I am happy I watched it. Colorful characters and their dynamic with one another it's cute. Been awhile since I watched an outro.
Feb 6, 2023 2:11 PM

Jul 2022
she has an ace but can't control it, so maybe aces unlike other cards they don't choose their users but not anyone can control them?
anyway great episode i like it man
Feb 6, 2023 9:41 PM
Oct 2019
god damn Wendy Power LAP is Crazy!!
Mar 4, 2023 1:21 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a samurai girl very problematic!!!! kekeke

I like more in assessin mode!!!
Mar 4, 2023 10:57 PM

Jun 2021
She can be your angle, or your mommy devil
Mar 21, 2023 2:18 AM

Nov 2021
Love & peace is so cool ngl she would make a dope stand too!

Apr 11, 2023 6:37 AM
Jan 2021
This kind of anime style is truly Studio Hibari/Lerche's signature style, compared to other studios: weirdness.
Jun 22, 2023 3:15 AM
Aug 2021
Damn, Wendy is cute but LAP is basically Harley Quinn and we love our Harleys😂😂👀👀. She is extremely strong though. Finn needs a sniper instead of a pistol I feel like he would be so much more dangerous. I completely forgot Chris still feels pain even though he is immortal that must be excruciating. Those sandwiches looked so good how could they say gross🤣🤣
Jun 29, 2023 4:16 AM

Jul 2016
gannoncannon55 said:
Ace of Spades power did not disappoint!  lots of love for Love-P!

I was not expecting the full blown crazy. I thought she would be out of control but not he crazy with it.
Jul 31, 2023 5:49 PM

Feb 2018
Wendy's card was so badass. . . ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Lmao Finn really forgot that client waiting in the car :D
Mar 14, 11:35 AM

Jun 2020
Wendy kinda reminded me of Vash the Stampede: LOVE AND PEACE!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » High Card Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 9, 2023

95 by GokuDripInvestor »»
Apr 20, 4:21 AM

» This shit deserves a dub

JSeanaY - Feb 12

4 by DazaiGojo07 »»
Feb 13, 5:17 AM

Poll: » High Card Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 27, 2023

41 by Matchappie »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:40 AM

Poll: » High Card Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 20, 2023

36 by boca_jp »»
Sep 18, 2023 12:24 PM

Poll: » High Card Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 13, 2023

27 by zayanlovesanime »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.