Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magical Girl Raising Project (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 30, 2023 12:05 AM

Jul 2007
The first season wasn't like the worst show ever but it was kinda hard to watch, with characters getting killed off so easily before even getting to do much. The synopsis of this says there are 16 girls this time. I can't imagine they will get much development at all before being thrown into the blender. Seems like it will be a waste.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jan 30, 2023 12:09 AM
Jan 2023
i don't want to watch little girls kill one another, it's just so f'ked up
Jan 30, 2023 1:28 AM

Jul 2010
I'm still upset that they killed off the TS girl so early. D:
Jan 30, 2023 3:54 AM

Nov 2019
EndlessMaria said:
The first season wasn't like the worst show ever but it was kinda hard to watch, with characters getting killed off so easily before even getting to do much. The synopsis of this says there are 16 girls this time. I can't imagine they will get much development at all before being thrown into the blender. Seems like it will be a waste.

That's what great about mgrp tho, even the strong gets mogged if they get careless
Jan 30, 2023 3:57 AM

Apr 2013
You're asking me if I want to see PFLE in anime? Of course yes. Hell yes.

Noisrev said:
EndlessMaria said:

That's what great about mgrp tho, even the strong gets mogged if they get careless

Which is actually a strong point of it indeed. There's no point making that kind of story if you already know that X and Y are safe because they're too strong.
ZefyrisJan 30, 2023 4:37 AM
Jan 30, 2023 5:50 AM
Apr 2018
I thought they'd take the Jokers series, but that's fine, it's just more blood
Jan 30, 2023 5:56 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Yes I want it, the first season was enjoyable anyway so more season of this is always welcome :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 30, 2023 5:56 AM

Nov 2013
Yes, this series is very enjoyable and worth reading and watching. I love especially the chibi illustrations of the magical girls. Each one of them is very well designed.

“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 30, 2023 6:01 AM

Nov 2022
I did not watch it yet, but idea of cute magical girls killing each other for my entertainment does appeal to me.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Jan 30, 2023 6:37 AM

Jul 2013
Consider me spiteful and it will make me look like a bad fan, but seeing this get a season 2 instead of Gakkougurashi is really disappointing to me. Considering the same studio did both and Gakkougurashi came out in around a year before season 1 of this. It truly is an industry where I pick the wrong shows to like.
Jan 30, 2023 6:50 AM

Apr 2013
Calal-Chan said:
Consider me spiteful and it will make me look like a bad fan, but seeing this get a season 2 instead of Gakkougurashi is really disappointing to me. Considering the same studio did both and Gakkougurashi came out in around a year before season 1 of this. It truly is an industry where I pick the wrong shows to like.

I don't think Lerche would have said no to a second season of Gakkou Gurashi, so the side that was not interested in a season 2 was most probably the publisher/sponsor side. In other words, since those two series have two completely different sponsor and publisher behind them, no choice between Gakkou Gurashi and Mahoiku was ever made.
Lerche was offered to make a season 2 of Mahoiku, but never was offered to do a season 2 for Gakkou Gurashi. It's probably that simple.

...Also, if you've only seen Mahoiku's anime, you're probably underestimating Mahoiku's story and characters quite a bit tbh.
Jan 30, 2023 6:51 AM

Aug 2013
Sooooo looking forward to this. I thought it was better than Madoka Magica.
Jan 30, 2023 7:57 AM

Aug 2013
Yes yes we do!!!! I’m so excited!!!
Jan 30, 2023 8:45 AM

Feb 2016
Ok so you don't like this franchise, for you it's just a waste, so no one can be excited for it. Why are you even making a post on a forum about an anime/franchise you don't care about?

I swear MAL is full of people causing discussion just becuase they feel the need, the urge, of telling everyone their opinion when absolutely no one asked about it. 
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Jan 30, 2023 9:57 AM

May 2012
Yes I want more seasons !!! I loved the first anime
Jan 30, 2023 10:09 AM

Apr 2015
Yes, looking forward to this.

One of my favorite parts of this story was the play on power scaling. Some super strong magical girls getting offed in spectacular ways by seemingly weaker ones. The death order was pretty unpredictable aside from the one obvious one.

Considering Restart is two volumes, I hope it receives more episodes, though...
Jan 30, 2023 12:17 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
omg yes OMG YES YES
Jan 30, 2023 3:53 PM

Jul 2013
Zefyris said:
Calal-Chan said:

I don't think Lerche would have said no to a second season of Gakkou Gurashi, so the side that was not interested in a season 2 was most probably the publisher/sponsor side. In other words, since those two series have two completely different sponsor and publisher behind them, no choice between Gakkou Gurashi and Mahoiku was ever made.
Lerche was offered to make a season 2 of Mahoiku, but never was offered to do a season 2 for Gakkou Gurashi. It's probably that simple.

...Also, if you've only seen Mahoiku's anime, you're probably underestimating Mahoiku's story and characters quite a bit tbh.
They would have said yes probably and yeah I agree it was the publisher/sponser side. I know there was never a choice and I don't actually hold Mahoiku or any staff responsible for it. I know how the production side works I am just a salty fanboy XD

I have seen the first season and I gave it a 4/10. Granted this was a long time ago, but if season 2 improves it then that is good I might watch it then. Give Gakkougurashi a shot if you haven't. I know my toxic fanboy came out but it is still a good show. I will be trying season 2 of this show and will re-watch season 1 before so and who knows maybe my opinion will change on it. I did watch it like 7 years ago.

Thanks for your response and for not being a dick about it all. :D
Jan 30, 2023 4:05 PM

Apr 2013

Calal-Chan said:
Zefyris said:

They would have said yes probably and yeah I agree it was the publisher/sponser side. I know there was never a choice and I don't actually hold Mahoiku or any staff responsible for it. I know how the production side works I am just a salty fanboy XD

I have seen the first season and I gave it a 4/10. Granted this was a long time ago, but if season 2 improves it then that is good I might watch it then. Give Gakkougurashi a shot if you haven't. I know my toxic fanboy came out but it is still a good show. I will be trying season 2 of this show and will re-watch season 1 before so and who knows maybe my opinion will change on it. I did watch it like 7 years ago.

Don't worry, if I took you for a simple hater I wouldn't have taken the time to answer you, so I didn't take it the wrong way :).
Well, we don't know what Lerche is going to do with the original material. Simply, the first series stopped too soon, so peoples didn't understood that what they watched was just the prologue, because they didn't finish adapting said prologue to show where the story would go and why what happened was meaningful. So it was taken very wrongly as just some bad Madoka copycat even though Mahoiku's true purpose is going into a completely different direction (regardless of what peoples think of said story purpose). That was why I said that if you only saw the anime then you may misunderstand heavily said anime. This is a problem shared by any anime that only adapted the prologue of a novel (Rokka no Yuusha for example had the same problem), peoples can't see where the story intend to go from there and misjudge the story's direction.
Jan 30, 2023 4:16 PM

Jul 2013
Zefyris said:

Calal-Chan said:

Don't worry, if I took you for a simple hater I wouldn't have taken the time to answer you, so I didn't take it the wrong way :).
Well, we don't know what Lerche is going to do with the original material. Simply, the first series stopped too soon, so peoples didn't understood that what they watched was just the prologue, because they didn't finish adapting said prologue to show where the story would go and why what happened was meaningful. So it was taken very wrongly as just some bad Madoka copycat even though Mahoiku's true purpose is going into a completely different direction (regardless of what peoples think of said story purpose). That was why I said that if you only saw the anime then you may misunderstand heavily said anime. This is a problem shared by any anime that only adapted the prologue of a novel (Rokka no Yuusha for example had the same problem), peoples can't see where the story intend to go from there and misjudge the story's direction.
Considering my low score for Rokka no Yuusha as well considering how much I hated the ending I get exactly what you are saying. I will 100% try Mahoiku again when season 2 happens that way maybe I can see what it is actually supposed to be about. Even Gakkougurashi has issues as an adaptation. This is just a problem the anime industry suffers from. A go read the source material thing. It makes shows have subpar adaptations sometimes or at the very least endings that leave you a bit sour.

Thanks for giving me a different perspective always nice to talk to someone who is reasonable. :)
Jan 30, 2023 7:20 PM

Mar 2011
Yes looking forward to another season. I read the wiki and I saw that there are a lot of them. And by a lot I mean a lot. There are so many and I've read some of their backstories and powers. Some are broken and some had interesting powers so I would love to see more of them animated.
Jan 31, 2023 4:02 AM
Jan 2023
I want this so bad that I made an account just to comment on how cramped my jeans are at the thought of another battle royale between young girls.
Jan 31, 2023 9:51 AM

Jun 2012
I am super hyped. The original is a very solid battle royale. 
Shoot first, think never.
Jan 31, 2023 12:25 PM

Dec 2008
I did and that's all that matters to the universe apparently. 💋
Feb 5, 2023 11:29 AM

Apr 2013
it's pog s1 was pog and at the end of s1 it showed s2 so yes
Feb 11, 2023 2:26 AM

Apr 2015
Yes, very much so. It's nice to have more shows that have a twist on the magical girl genre. Especially something that's outlived Madoka, and imo, far better character designs. 
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Feb 21, 2023 2:15 AM
Sep 2016
EndlessMaria said:
I agree, the 1st SE is a huge mess. Hashimoto-san (director of 1st SE) did a terrible thing to the adaptation.

On another note though, the LN was not supposed to be like that. It was actually REALLY GOOD and much more character focused (even Ruler has her own char development moments). First of all, the main mistake of the 1st SE is to make Snow White its main character. She wasn't originally, in fact the LN might as well do not have any main characters since everyone got roughly equal exposures (each chapters were divided into multiple POVs). Everyone are main characters. And on top of that, "Restart" is arguably the best title in the franchise, with arguably the best sets of characters in the franchise as well (i.e. Pechika is literally Endou-sensei's (LN author) favorite, and Pfle is my personal favorite).

But since, it will be once again adapted by Hashimoto-san, we can only hope he has learned is lessons from his failure in the 1st SE.

goodbyedays said:
Yes looking forward to another season. I read the wiki and I saw that there are a lot of them. And by a lot I mean a lot. There are so many and I've read some of their backstories and powers. Some are broken and some had interesting powers so I would love to see more of them animated.
A little bit of advice for future adaptations (if any), unless you have read the LN, do not look at the Wiki. Mahouiku is one of the franchise that was full of twists, and as such spoilers as well. Yes, their abilities are pretty much disclosed since the very beginning, but the same cannot be said about its crazy implementations and implications, like what Tama did with hers in the 1st SE, and what Nemurin can theoretically do if she came to be a bad person(i.e. became a literal Freddy Krueger, thank god that was not the case). In fact, the more obscure or vague their abilites seems to be, oftenly the more broken it actually is.
uncleqrowFeb 21, 2023 2:38 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Mar 6, 2023 4:01 PM

Dec 2015
Calal-Chan said:
Zefyris said:

Considering my low score for Rokka no Yuusha as well considering how much I hated the ending I get exactly what you are saying. I will 100% try Mahoiku again when season 2 happens that way maybe I can see what it is actually supposed to be about. Even Gakkougurashi has issues as an adaptation. This is just a problem the anime industry suffers from. A go read the source material thing. It makes shows have subpar adaptations sometimes or at the very least endings that leave you a bit sour.

Thanks for giving me a different perspective always nice to talk to someone who is reasonable. :)
Rokka no Yuusha is a great read.  The twists in it are some of the best and the way they deduce who is lying and has ulterior motives is fantastic.
Mar 26, 2023 3:20 PM

Aug 2016
it was a pretty decent survival anime for a a medium that doesnt get it right (unlike survival manga, now thats were you get the quality stuff), so yeah, Im fine with another season even if it´s more of the same.
:v
Mar 28, 2023 4:23 AM

Nov 2019
MichaelJackson said:
it was a pretty decent survival anime for a a medium that doesnt get it right (unlike survival manga, now thats were you get the quality stuff), so yeah, Im fine with another season even if it´s more of the same.

How did it not get it right?
Mar 28, 2023 6:14 PM

Aug 2016
Noisrev said:
MichaelJackson said:

How did it not get it right?
I was talking about anime in general not getting survival right most of the time. Mahou shoujo ikusei is one of the few ones that I think it actually got it right in the last years
:v
Apr 29, 2023 7:29 AM
Jan 2021
I'm so excited for this! The first one was one of my favourite anime of all time and I really loved the Restart Light Novel too!!
Aug 29, 2023 5:28 AM
Aug 2014
EndlessMaria said:

The general consensus seems to be that the first arc is the weakest, and that the following arcs have better pacing and characterization, on top of an ongoing  myth arc.
It's noted that the first arc was merely a single book while this upcoming one is 2.
Dec 16, 2023 7:49 PM
Mar 2016
Reply to Calal-Chan
@Calal-Chan Gakkougurashi blew its sequel money on a trash live action movie that sold about as well as you'd expect. With no further material out, it's not happening.

That, and, to be honest, Gakkougurashi's second and third arcs were a slog, and not as good as the first.
Feb 17, 12:17 PM

Jan 2018
Yes, obviously. The first season wasn't anything great, but there is not nearly enough edgy magical girl anime to be picky.
Feb 29, 7:33 PM
May 2018
Yes, I liked the first season so much and these news made want to read the light n, I even read the first manga thanks to being just 2 vol. (Sadly it's length is a drawback, having to rush things more than the anime). Expecting with eagerness.
Apr 21, 2:39 PM

Sep 2014
Im curious now, I liked the anime but the LN does seem more interesting. Any idea where I can read that?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

More topics from this board

» HYPE

Liddo-kun - Jan 30, 2023

15 by Comander-07 »»
Apr 21, 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.