Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 28, 2023 4:02 PM
Jan 2018
Endeavor's personal growth is quite something. He understands his mistakes, apologized, and is working to be better. He does not make excuses for his behavior, and in reality he was an immature father. Rei was also immature, that does NOT PERMIT VIOLENCE AGAINST YOUR SPOUSE! Like that's not how you handle stuff and I like that the family is coming together to fight the problem. That's what they should have been doing all along.
Mar 5, 2023 9:32 AM
Jul 2015
This eps makes me tear up watch it rei shoto has the same persona

Toya and endeavour has same persona thats why its clashed

Endeavor dont want to beat and let his son used power but his son love the power want to be hero and main attention of his father
Mar 9, 2023 12:40 PM
May 2020
That family was trying the whole time, but they never thought to try therapy!
And Midorya is KO because he is in the middle of a One for All council.
Mar 20, 2023 1:35 PM
Dec 2015
Great episode, full of emotions.
Holy sht Todoroki's family background was full rage, egoism, rape and resentment, all cause by Endevour, a very serious and deep sitiation if it was in real life
Mar 21, 2023 1:39 AM
Apr 2015
very nice, stupid friendship plot tho
Mar 26, 2023 7:11 PM

Nov 2017
That was a pretty screwed up ep even by Japan standards.

1. Nobody is mentioning that Hawks murdered a guy, that still doesn't matter to anybody somehow and he never even thinks of it. I hope he gets his comeuppance but they're probably seeing it as benevolent murder now. (I believe he stabbed him in the back too, if I'm not mistaken).

2. The Todoroki family has already to decided to give up on the son (Dabi) they deeply screwed up personally and are declaring who the 'true heroes' of the family have become. After he killed himself TRYING TO BE A HERO LIKE HIS DADDY. My disgust knows no bounds. 

3. Arranged marriage is A-OK by me, ain't nothing wrong with that custom at all. It simplifies things a lot and keeps family fortunes afloat. People who say they're in love often divorce after a few years anyways so the chances it'll somehow work out are the exact same as 'marriage by love'. 

4. None of this is answering the number one issue: Deku is not a real character or MC, he's an NPC side character and the central focus of the show. Hope we get to that next week. 

Good ep. 

Mar 30, 2023 11:52 AM
Nov 2021
like it alot i hope it gets better
Apr 2, 2023 4:17 AM
Dec 2022
The Todoroki family got help from Hawks and Best Jeanist. They will team up with Endeavor to fight Dabi. Deku still in coma.
Apr 2, 2023 5:33 PM
Aug 2022
holly faq, he wasn't even normal in childhood lol, what a freak

i love him so much as a stand out character in this phony and goofy and cringy world of corny heroes
Apr 5, 2023 4:41 AM

Mar 2015
An episode of some healing and reconciliation here.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 8, 2023 11:47 AM

Mar 2017
I obviously do NOT condone what Endeavor did to his family but I also feel sorry for him; he was a damaged man under the weight of expectation and ultimately passed that on to his oldest child. He paid for that in the worse way possible (losing his son) and that broke him causing him to further harm those around him, this time out of desperation and fear.

I think the Todoroki family are a great example of how the world can damage a person and how it causes a chain reaction of damage to the people around us.
Apr 8, 2023 6:07 PM

May 2010
Definitely one of the best episodes in the whole series. Loved the focus on the entire Todoroki family, not just father or mother. They're all in this together, united for the first time. The demon-like visual description of Endeavor fighting Rei, with two kids hiding terrified, and one, Shouto, trying to protect his mother was A LOT. That was too real for shounen anime, geez.

I felt hurt watching it, but I can also believe in Endeavor's growth. Tooya as a kid just needed his father pay some attention to him, but I have no idea what could possibly save Dabi from his villainous self after all these years...
Apr 13, 2023 3:55 PM
Nov 2021
Eu achei que iria ser um episódio só pra mostrar o passado dos Todoroki pela visão do Dabi em vez do Shoto, mas foi bem mais do que eu esperava. Esse episódio foi tenso em certas partes.
Apr 20, 2023 10:31 PM
Nov 2020
I honestly loved the episode, I never enjoyed MHA as much as this season. Really excited to see what stores further. Amazing Story Telling
Apr 20, 2023 10:31 PM
Nov 2020
I honestly loved the episode, I never enjoyed MHA as much as this season. Really excited to see what stores further. Amazing Story Telling
Apr 29, 2023 7:29 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Continue to what was left previously, well, even if the past can't be change, you still need to move forward, Endeavour. Face it like a man, take responsibilities, and i'm pretty sure there'll always be a way to atone the sins, even if its hard for the most hurted one. But at least they've united under the same perception, for the time being. To stop Toya, to stop Dabi, no matter what that is, as same as Jeanist and Hawks step in to offer the helps they need it...

Meanwhile, Deku held an important meeting with all the user's. I wish he can create some clothes on those space tho cause its look troubling when i'm thinking much about it...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 3, 2023 2:40 PM
Jul 2021
I think i loved i t.
Jun 14, 2023 11:17 PM

Oct 2019
I think the Todoroki family meeting was handled well.
Next episode One for All council, with all members apparently - even All Might!
(he appears to be that guy in flames).
Jul 6, 2023 9:55 AM

Feb 2019
This episode was half great, half bad.

It felt like it had a lot of forced drama. First Shoto's mom is quiet and timid, then she is stern and strong. Shoto is implied to be a forced, unwanted baby? And then Dabi the kid is sexist? What? Why? What possible reason could there be for any of these issues? They don't serve the story at all, they just feel like fake drama.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Aug 19, 2023 2:49 PM
Feb 2016
daddy issues episode lol
Sep 14, 2023 3:03 PM
Oct 2019
FUCKKKKKKK MAN THIS EPISODE WAS SO HARD TO WATCH!! IT'S SO BEAUTIFULLY CRUEL THOUGH!
Oct 5, 2023 11:46 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Endeavor has quite easily the best fleshed out story in this manga/anime. Strange for a side character who's an adult to boot.

The Todoroki family was quite something. A marriage of convenience, with Rei basically being reduced to a baby making factory and children judged exclusively on their hero potential. No wonder Rei got serious trauma and mental issues. Toya went full crazy and poor Fuyumi had to become a housewife and family pillar while she was still a teenager.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 21, 2023 9:01 PM
Jan 2019
Endevor story is the only good thing left in this anime
Dec 14, 2023 2:52 AM

Apr 2013
Pointless episode for the most part, not many new informations overall. Most interesting part was about heroes from other countries, but I doubt that we'll see any of them in this season.
Apr 10, 1:34 PM

Feb 2013
One of the best eps this season. The music was SO good too.
Apr 18, 3:47 PM
Aug 2018
I really love the context building episodes like this. Moments like this really serve to humanize Endeavor, who might be quite easy to hate if you don't know what he's about.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Usopp8000 - Mar 4, 2023

140 by oozePOP »»
Apr 22, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

261 by Randompersonwho »»
Apr 22, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2023

158 by oozePOP »»
Apr 21, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2023

181 by oozePOP »»
Apr 19, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2022

337 by bubba460z »»
Apr 19, 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.