Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2010 9:04 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, basically Hige gets kidnapped and the asshole townie wolves don't help. They rescue him and the leader of the town wolves shows them the road to paradise. Kiba explains his background, which was pretty cool. I'm assuming he's the only white wolf left?

Jul 30, 2010 11:56 AM

Feb 2009
Good episode and the journey goes on. Man Tsume is becoming more and more the best character of this show.
Dec 10, 2010 1:16 AM
Jun 2008
Veethorn said:
Man Tsume is becoming more and more the best character of this show.

^This. Tsume is awesome, his lines at the end of the episode put a huge smile on my face!
May 5, 2011 2:55 PM
Nov 2010
Yep, Tsume finally "accepts" the goal...:)
Sep 1, 2012 6:44 AM

Sep 2011
So Zali knows that the poisonous gas isn't there anymore, but he still doesn't care to find out what lies beyond, instead he wanted to stay behind in that city filled with assholes. Why?
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Nov 22, 2012 1:58 AM

Jun 2009
Veethorn said:
Good episode and the journey goes on. Man Tsume is becoming more and more the best character of this show.

This.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 3, 2013 10:16 AM

Jan 2012
Well the journey finally continues.

May 15, 2013 11:47 AM

Sep 2009
Looks like Tsume is convinced. Also:
"I don't have anywhere to go back to. The only thing I can do is keep moving forward."
"Even if Hell is what we're headed towards."

We get some past event of Kiba's as well.

The journey continues!
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Aug 12, 2013 9:25 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Nice learning about Kiba's backstory and how he's seen Lunar Flowers before. The way he spoke about them makes it sound so magical. Tsume changed the most since the beginning, he seems to care about his friends more openly and even ended up wanting to go the paradise. Finally he and Kiba will get along since Tsume seems to longer have that skeptical attitude anymore :) And lol at Hige...really? Could you really not tell that that was a trap? D: It was awesome though how they came to save him.
Jul 13, 2014 1:25 AM

Aug 2007
Tsume is has a hard time becoming friends with them up until now because he doesn't want to lose them or have something happen where he has a reason to mistrust him. It's better to be alone then be betrayed. But the other's convictions convince him otherwise.

I think Zali is past the point of no return. He rather take care of his misguided pack then see his friends die again by his lead.

I think this shows a nice contrast in this episode.

Oct 23, 2014 6:40 AM
Oct 2014
So, Tsume is really starting to believe in the idea of looking for Paradise...
Jan 16, 2016 5:13 PM

Jul 2013
Tsume doesn't care if it's paradise or hell they're looking for, as long as he has a purpose, he has realised that he couldn't live like that anymore.

Now they successes Zali's pack, continue the journey to find their paradise.
Feb 4, 2016 6:00 AM
Apr 2013
BryanBossling said:
So Zali knows that the poisonous gas isn't there anymore, but he still doesn't care to find out what lies beyond, instead he wanted to stay behind in that city filled with assholes. Why?

Probably because after he saw all his friends die, he gave up on finding Paradise. I think he was also afraid that it all could happen again with his pack, even after the machine stopped working :c
Tsume best character for sure <3
May 6, 2016 1:39 AM

Mar 2010
cocochandesu said:
BryanBossling said:

Probably because after he saw all his friends die, he gave up on finding Paradise. I think he was also afraid that it all could happen again with his pack, even after the machine stopped working :c
Tsume best character for sure <3

But then again.. They will die this way too like the old wolf did by working

So zali doesnt join them heh.. Maybe due to the pack that has fallen apart.. And being afraid..
But I see no rason why cause this way they all die cause of exhaustion from continously working..
They all want paradise and not to stay there

Tsume best character, first liked toboe a lot but.. Not much development and he is just acting stupid ^^"

The trap was obvious I mean if meat could so easily be found and even be chopped like that,. Im sure zali wouldnt have any trouble
Sep 17, 2016 7:17 AM

Dec 2015
My first anime ever :3
I'm currently re-watching it after a 5 year long pause... oooh the memories
I still love it so much!

Kiba is such a badass
Tsume is such a badass rebel too
Toboe is so cute
Hige is... well Hige xD

Oh I love all of them
I missed this
(for anyone who's watching this.. don't leave it unfinished ^^)
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
May 5, 2017 5:04 AM

Jul 2008
Damn I wish the pack wolf went with them.
Jun 15, 2020 9:47 AM

Nov 2007
Good episode, really glad about Tsume! I wish the other pack's leader joined them :(
Dec 10, 2020 6:56 AM
May 2019
Finally got back into this series after a long haitus (watching other stuff and life). I might have to rewatch the first few episodes. To see the pack leave the city is a great start.
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Oct 24, 2021 3:40 AM

Jun 2020
Man! The atmospheric imapct is getting elevated in each episode. So cool to see the dynamics between the two packs.

And most importantly Blue is still alive, just waiting for him to have a proper fight with Tsume.

Feb 26, 2022 6:40 PM

Jun 2016
Hige couldn't resist that sweet smell of fresh mutton. Yum, yum, lol.

Zali did a complete 180 pretty quickly. I guess Cole's insistence and Kiba and co's presence opened his eyes. That's twice now that a leader has been betrayed by their followers; Tsume and now Zali. Who got it worse tho, Zali's beat down or the assassination attempt on Tsume's life?

They decided to go down the tunnel in search of Paradise. Cool. Turns out the Hell that they mentioned last ep was toxic gas produced from the city's machinery. I suppose if it does kill that many of your pack, it would count as Hell. I feel some sympathy towards Zali, tbh.

Feb 11, 2023 11:34 PM

Jun 2020
A good episode yet again. I like how there's a larger picture being hidden which I can't wait to interpret.

The cliches and stereotypes of an adventure drama still goes on, I wish it starts becoming independent of those and more abstract soon. So far I'm feeling a good 7 - 8.

Apr 19, 2023 5:05 PM

Aug 2017
It was a good episode, not many things happened, Hige got kidnapped, Kiba and company saved him, and Zali showed them the way to paradise,
I hope Hubb goes with the hunter so they make a team of their own, but each have a different purpose, (I like the small details like Hubb not shaving his beard to show his obsession with the book of moon),
Now the the next episode will have I lots of things, let's see

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 10 Discussion

hanachan20 - Feb 5, 2010

29 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 18, 12:44 AM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 26 Discussion

diamond9393anda - Oct 10, 2009

46 by paruno »»
Mar 20, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 25 Discussion

diamond9393anda - Oct 10, 2009

24 by Skydis »»
Feb 9, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 20 Discussion

redbuzz - Oct 9, 2008

33 by shahab92 »»
Feb 8, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 8 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 8, 2010

23 by Skydis »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.