Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Uncle from Another World
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 9, 2023 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
On the page that showed that they will delay the episode, did they mention till when? Most sites I've seen say the anime is complete or that the episode will release in "26 December." Do we have an actual date for release or...?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 9, 2023 12:17 PM
Sep 2021
Bored_Resort said:
On the page that showed that they will delay the episode, did they mention till when? Most sites I've seen say the anime is complete or that the episode will release in "26 December." Do we have an actual date for release or...?

No , i think they aren't going to release it anytime soon because anime isn't doing so well and i think they are going to bankrupt.
Jan 9, 2023 12:36 PM
Jan 2021
PQasim said:
Bored_Resort said:

No , i think they aren't going to release it anytime soon because anime isn't doing so well and i think they are going to bankrupt.

And I bet your source is "trust me bro". The Anime had multiple delays because of Covid. The studio for episode 13 is in China where they had lockdowns for weeks just recently.
Jan 9, 2023 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
Decader said:
PQasim said:

And I bet your source is "trust me bro". The Anime had multiple delays because of Covid. The studio for episode 13 is in China where they had lockdowns for weeks just recently.

Nah I'm very certain he's right, a studio with such horrible background and animation quality such as them would easily go bankrupt from bovid. (Im joking btw).
Jan 9, 2023 12:41 PM
Sep 2021
That may be the reason but they aren't not saying anything about when they are going to release it.
Jan 9, 2023 12:44 PM
Sep 2021
Bored_Resort said:
Decader said:

Nah I'm very certain he's right, a studio with such horrible background and animation quality such as them would easily go bankrupt from bovid. (Im joking btw).

Many businesses and and companies have gone bankrupt because of covid but i hope they release remaining episodes and remain in anime industry.
Jan 9, 2023 12:47 PM
Feb 2022
No there seems to be some kind of shitstorm going on at the studio that’s making this. Also correct me if im wrong here but since the anime has had a major delay doesn’t that mean that they don’t have any spots left to air it on tv which means that at the earliest it would air in like summer now?
Jan 9, 2023 1:01 PM
Oct 2022
honestly it's weird it had to be delayed for the last episode, the initial delay i understand but this time... the anime was way too good but gets forgotten because of this, I'm not trying to blame the studio for this but I'm sad it didn't perform as it could've
Jan 9, 2023 1:23 PM
Feb 2022
Oskaroo said:
No there seems to be some kind of shitstorm going on at the studio that’s making this. Also correct me if im wrong here but since the anime has had a major delay doesn’t that mean that they don’t have any spots left to air it on tv which means that at the earliest it would air in like summer now?

Yes this anime started in Summer 2022.
Jan 9, 2023 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
DavidM_27 said:
Oskaroo said:

not what he asked but ok.
Jan 9, 2023 1:51 PM

Mar 2021
Decader said:
PQasim said:

Covid was just a cover up to the real reason this anime was delayed. It was because the director quit the job not even halfway through the production.
Jan 9, 2023 1:58 PM
Dec 2022
Bored_Resort said:

it says 12th January on Zoro
Jan 9, 2023 2:21 PM
Oct 2019
until the doors of Valhalla open (I'm just kidding, I haven't seen a return date yet)
Jan 9, 2023 3:37 PM
Aug 2021
DavidM_27 said:
Oskaroo said:

if they continue like this they will air the last ep this summer succesfully.
Jan 9, 2023 4:50 PM
Jan 2022
Bored_Resort said:

Idk on zoro.to is says that the final episode will come out on the 12 of this month.
Jan 9, 2023 7:03 PM

Mar 2013
Potatoboy11 said:
Decader said:

Covid was just a cover up to the real reason this anime was delayed. It was because the director quit the job not even halfway through the production.

Oh? Do you have such proof of your claim?
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 9, 2023 8:30 PM

Mar 2021
Potatoboy11 said:
Decader said:

the dkrector did not quit the job. Covid might also be a genuine reason because Kapan is currently facing it's biggest wave. The show is produced in-house. No outsourcing of episodes like other production companies. Hence the production delay.

Source: COVID in Japan (Results may vary based on your regions)

The director you are talking about is Ippei Ichii, who is the storyboard and episode director for episode 10. Not the central Director. Also, they did not quit their job. They just couldn't work on the episode because there were no assistants to help them work on episode 10.

Source: Behind the Episode 10 Production
V1P3R0PJan 9, 2023 10:49 PM
Jan 9, 2023 9:15 PM
Oct 2021
delayed till ojisan recovers from mental shock.
Jan 9, 2023 9:47 PM
Jul 2018
MercifulSamurai said:
delayed till ojisan recovers from mental shock.

Lol mans depressed
Jan 10, 2023 1:37 AM
Mar 2016
Srikanta_2 said:
12th January
Thank you for having said this.
Hopefully it does release on the 12th.

We shall wait and see whether it releases or not.

Jan 11, 2023 2:05 AM

Dec 2008
V1P3R0P said:

the dkrector did not quit the job. Covid might also be a genuine reason because Kapan is currently facing it's biggest wave. The show is produced in-house. No outsourcing of episodes like other production companies. Hence the production delay.

What?
This show is not produced in house. Where do you get your info?
This is the studio's website: https://pontdarc.co.jp/?page_id=473 which says they have 4 employees. This of course includes executive etc type people, so they are obviously not actually doing any animation work in house.
If you want further evidence, just look at their delay announcement for episode 13 (https://isekaiojisan.com/news/index00830000.html) : "現在中国で感染が急拡大している新型コロナウイルスの影響により、現地企業に発注しておりました映像制作に遅延が生じたため" or "The spread of Covid in China has resulted in delays to the video production that we ordered from a local business..." (lazy translation). I'm sure anime news websites have translations of the statement available as well.
Jan 11, 2023 4:02 AM

Mar 2021
Saku_k said:
V1P3R0P said:

What?
This is the studio's website: https://pontdarc.co.jp/?page_id=473 which says they have 4 employees. This of course includes executive etc type people, so they are obviously not actually doing any animation work in house.
If you want further evidence, just look at their delay announcement for episode 13 (https://isekaiojisan.com/news/index00830000.html) : "現在中国で感染が急拡大している新型コロナウイルスの影響により、現地企業に発注しておりました映像制作に遅延が生じたため" or "The spread of Covid in China has resulted in delays to the video production that we ordered from a local business..." (lazy translation). I'm sure anime news websites have translations of the statement available as well.

"Ichii wrote on Twitter on August 27 that production is "going ahead with only in-house staff." The anime is produced at Atelier Pontdarc "

This was during the episode 10 delay. The director behind it told so that the Production committee is not agreeing to outsource the show. They probably are outsourcing now, after this incident.

Source:The 2nd link from my previous post

Regardless. My point was, COVID is a genuine reason. A lot of people here were complaining the reason of COVID being a PR for some cover up. If they have outsourced the episode to some Chinese studio it makes lot more sense since China is having one of the biggest COVID wave right now.
V1P3R0PJan 11, 2023 4:22 AM
Jan 11, 2023 8:27 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
V1P3R0P said:
Saku_k said:

What?

"Ichii wrote on Twitter on August 27 that production is "going ahead with only in-house staff." The anime is produced at Atelier Pontdarc "

This was during the episode 10 delay. The director behind it told so that the Production committee is not agreeing to outsource the show. They probably are outsourcing now, after this incident.

Regardless. My point was, COVID is a genuine reason. A lot of people here were complaining the reason of COVID being a PR for some cover up. If they have outsourced the episode to some Chinese studio it makes lot more sense since China is having one of the biggest COVID wave right now.
If Japan is facing such a drastic relapse from COVID, and they had to outsource it, there couldnt be worst time indeed, since China's wave is even worst than theirs.
Pity this anime is facing soo many delays, kinda kills the flow with so many of them, considering this was a summer 2022 anime.
Jan 11, 2023 11:11 AM

Dec 2008
V1P3R0P said:
Saku_k said:

What?

He literally says in his tweet that they have 0 animation staff, and as such he is no longer going to do the staging work that he was going to do.
When he says it is going forward with in house staff, he most likely is referring to in house staff taking over the work that he was supposed to be doing, as he is a freelancer who isn't in house staff, and was no longer involved with the project at that point. This is corroborated by a tweet he made after episode 10 aired in December, where he says that he had heard the director was going to be doing it.
When studios outsource work to foreign companies, they still have in house staff who oversees the work.
Jan 11, 2023 1:14 PM
Aug 2022
It's a shame that it's getting another delay. I mean, it's a really good series, but the experience is soured by how long it takes just to get episodes out.
Jan 13, 2023 9:36 PM

Jan 2018
Sara_Karma said:
Idk on zoro.to is says that the final episode will come out on the 12 of this month.
Seems dealyed... AGAIN!!!!
for real I've been watching anime religiously for a decade and I can't remember any other series getting delayed like this so many times.
At leas you know what they say, a dalayed product is eventually good but a rushed one is forever bad, I hope they take their sweet time for good reasons and deliver a worthy ending
Jan 14, 2023 9:30 AM

Feb 2010
the real ojisan is the isekais we make along the way
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Jan 15, 2023 4:27 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Hmu whenever a new release date is announced, thnx

Who knows, maybe the delays aren't what we think at all. Maybe they just wanted a whole lot of extra time to animate what might just be the fight of the decade.

Or maybe it's just some unfunny jokes and crap. It's nice to be kept on our toes in gleeful anticipation. 

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 16, 2023 1:06 AM
Mar 2021
It is delayed indefinitely. No date for the last episode(ep13) is given by studio or official site.
Jan 16, 2023 4:41 AM
Dec 2019
"Icuras Cuora" 
Jan 16, 2023 12:16 PM

Jan 2013
this lack of incompetence is disgusting frankly speaking.
Jan 17, 2023 6:50 AM

Oct 2019
someone quote me when ep13 release date gets announced 
Jan 17, 2023 8:43 PM
Sep 2020
It’s still only on episode 7 on Netflix. Tf is going on?
Jan 18, 2023 10:43 AM
Sep 2022
Do we have any info about ep13?
Jan 18, 2023 10:33 PM

Jan 2020
V1P3R0P said:
Potatoboy11 said:

Source: COVID in Japan (Results may vary based on your regions)

The director you are talking about is Ippei Ichii, who is the storyboard and episode director for episode 10. Not the central Director. Also, they did not quit their job. They just couldn't work on the episode because there were no assistants to help them work on episode 10.

Source: Behind the Episode 10 Production

I honestly don't know how it's being produced in-house when it's stated on their website that they only have 4 members, I guess there's some unlisted stafff considering Ichii reported that there's in-house staff?
Jan 19, 2023 10:22 AM

Aug 2018
HibiChika said:
this lack of incompetence is disgusting frankly speaking.
is the word you were looking for perhaps competence? is this praise or a dunk?
Jan 19, 2023 1:54 PM

Apr 2020
I just like how if episode 13 is released, it will have outlived summer 2022, fall 2022, and maybe it'll come out in winter 2023
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Jan 21, 2023 2:05 PM

Dec 2020
the director of white fox called it an invoice problem. I'm not a fan of the studio literally just outsourcing their entire show.
Jan 21, 2023 5:08 PM
Oct 2022
is almost a month and nothing 😑 I want the chapter damn it...
Jan 23, 2023 3:19 AM
Master

Apr 2019
Eddy-Z said:
is almost a month and nothing 😑 I want the chapter damn it...
Well, Azur Lane (2019) had to wait for 4 months to get the last two episodes, so Ojisan isn't doing anything new.

Not to mention even NieR got Ojisan'd-seems it's getting more common and common, heck; even AoT Final Season "Finale" got divided in two fearing they wouldn't be able to finish everything in time. 🤭
Jan 23, 2023 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
Netflix just showed me that all the remaining episodes (including episode 13) will be released on January 30th.
@TheProHarambe
Jan 23, 2023 2:47 PM

Dec 2020
mozgow said:
Netflix just showed me that all the remaining episodes (including episode 13) will be released on January 30th.
@TheProHarambe
I'm a little curious that netflix is showing its gonna air the 13th episode next week even though neither Atelier Pondarc or the isekai uncle website announced the broadcast of their last episode. I'm feeling like netflix is just going to air the 13th episode as a recap episode.
Jan 23, 2023 6:27 PM

Jan 2021
mozgow said:
@TheProHarambe
So im late to the "Delayed until SEGA releases a new console" joke, ah?
Jan 23, 2023 11:11 PM
Mar 2016
vaedeer said:
mozgow said:
@TheProHarambe
I'm a little curious that netflix is showing its gonna air the 13th episode next week even though neither Atelier Pondarc or the isekai uncle website announced the broadcast of their last episode. I'm feeling like netflix is just going to air the 13th episode as a recap episode.
mozgow said:
mozgow said:
Thank you for the update.
 Let's hope that it releases then.

Jan 23, 2023 11:17 PM
Mar 2016
vaedeer said:
I'm feeling like netflix is just going to air the 13th episode as a recap episode.
 It wouldn't really makes sense, as Netflix doesn't really need recaps, as the whole show can be viewed anytime.
Recaps are generally only useful for the Tv releases.

Jan 26, 2023 1:56 PM

Dec 2020
mozgow said:
@TheProHarambe
I just checked Netflix and it appears they have reverted their changes.
Jan 26, 2023 2:47 PM

Jul 2014
vaedeer said:
I just checked Netflix and it appears they have reverted their changes.
Oh. They really did. Sigh... So the wait continues...
Jan 27, 2023 5:57 AM
Jan 2022
abyss_will said:
Sara_Karma said:
Seems dealyed... AGAIN!!!!
for real I've been watching anime religiously for a decade and I can't remember any other series getting delayed like this so many times.
At leas you know what they say, a dalayed product is eventually good but a rushed one is forever bad, I hope they take their sweet time for good reasons and deliver a worthy ending

Yes, seriously. There’s only one episode left.
Jan 27, 2023 3:46 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Hopefully in February it will eventually come out, I want to see the last two episodes back to back, they are making it extremely hard.
Jan 29, 2023 9:17 AM

Sep 2013
Never seen such a cursed anime releases wise, i'll keep checking on it every week until that finale episode releases so i can finally move on...
Deep dark fantasies
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2022

125 by Tony2Phones »»
Mar 25, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2023

188 by AshLas »»
Mar 21, 8:50 PM

» season 2?

Eldencheese - Dec 21, 2023

7 by MeguSae38 »»
Feb 18, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 25, 2022

251 by Trinity_07 »»
Jan 17, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2022

128 by TigreDemon »»
Jan 7, 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.