Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 23, 2022 4:02 AM
Jan 2015
ggloll said:
The end of one of the best epig show of this year.
I see what you did there.
Dec 23, 2022 4:33 AM

Aug 2014
Damn, I realy hate Uzuko. Killing the Ramen guy is unforgivable. She crossed the border too far!!
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 23, 2022 4:52 AM

Oct 2018
i can't stop laughing what the hell was that entire episode

Dec 23, 2022 5:17 AM
Nov 2022
I've only recently gotten back into anime-watching and this one really hooked me. The overall concept of this show is so bonkers and crazy, and I loved it from start to finish. Going into this show I did not expect to feel as emotionally invested as I did, but I really got hooked into it. Regarding the final episode, while I do heavily mourn over the loss of Ranko in the previous episode, I'm very glad it didn't quite push Nagomi over the edge 100%, and it ended on a positive note rather than her going full-kill mode (granted she did for a little bit). The way they confronted Nagi was exactly what I was hoping for, and while the actual end-end was a bit abrupt and I wanted to see more of how everything wrapped up (left me just wanting a little more by the end), the wave of relief that washed over me as the after-credits scene played was servicable.

Overall, as someone just getting back into the anime scene, one of the best series I've watched: 9/10
Dec 23, 2022 5:30 AM
Oct 2019
Campy end to a campy series, I think it could have done with one or two more episodes but overall very good.

The performance was great, even when shot Nagomi kept on spreading moe, and seeing her live a happy maid life even with a disability is quite lovely.
Dec 23, 2022 5:53 AM

Oct 2018
Ummm... did Umamusume really air back in 2018? How long have I been in the anime hole...
Dec 23, 2022 6:11 AM

Oct 2016
The ending had me so speechless processing this show, that I almost forgot to share my thoughts, but man what a ride this has been. 

That was a bittersweet ending, with sprinkles of hilarity. I didn't fucking know whether I should laugh or feel sad when Nagomi was in mourning mode. Same with the pictures they used for Ranko ☠️, this show was just too good at what it did. 

Convert the maids, execute the head, brilliant plan if I do say so myself. Nagi really got impaled by a bamboo. No one would have ever guessed that Nagi would end up being killed by the pink girl that killed Ranko and a Panda, yes that is a real panda.

Ranko is beloved by everybody, but Nagomi was just as amazing and I really loved her voice actor's performance. The legacy of 36 year-old maids lives on.

Again, whoever thought of this show, Godbless you. Personally, I am satisified with this ending, but I do want to a little more about this 2018 Akiba and the other Oinky Doink maids. But anyway, insane ass show. 9/10
Dec 23, 2022 6:27 AM
Jan 2021
Great ending, the cherry on top of the cake. On of those animes that are incomplete without their ending.
Dec 23, 2022 6:32 AM
Nov 2020
I don't despise the ending. But I'm grateful Nagomi still alive. Also still sad at the same time about Ranko's death. For the plot armour I don't really care. It's just who got shot at the head you dead (also vital spots)

8/10

Dec 23, 2022 6:42 AM

Jan 2021
Loved this anime and how it plays with us since ep 1. 9/10
Dec 23, 2022 6:52 AM

Jun 2016
the fuck with this ending !! but actually this is not too bad at all !!

best episode so far from this garbage  7,5/10
Dec 23, 2022 7:25 AM

Oct 2022
I'm not crying, you're crying!
Dec 23, 2022 7:33 AM

Oct 2011
we must thank Nagomi for changing Akiba Maid culture that we know of today 🙏

will miss everyone now
Dec 23, 2022 7:35 AM

Sep 2007
Totally forgot the story took place in 1999... Well Nagomi become more beautiful with the years as Ranko. Would have been nice to see what happens to the other girls but well.
Dec 23, 2022 7:58 AM
Oct 2017
Beautifully done, I feel the moe moe kyun with the bamboo javelin and wheelchair drift
Dec 23, 2022 8:58 AM
Oct 2022
This is a great ending to what was one of the most out there shows I have watched in a very long time.
Dec 23, 2022 9:09 AM
Aug 2018
Marinate1016 said:

Also wtf the panda was a real person lmao??

That was the whole backstory of episode 10.
Dec 23, 2022 9:16 AM
Dec 2022
crazy anime ....it is dark and comedy ...loved it 
Dec 23, 2022 9:23 AM

Apr 2015
Ravarae said:
Damn, I realy hate Uzuko. Killing the Ramen guy is unforgivable. She crossed the border too far!!
Indeed, this was so sad. Killing people who serve you food is the highest of sins and the point where I concluded with certainty she's gone insane.
Dec 23, 2022 9:25 AM

Apr 2015
JoexySun said:
WatchSymphogear said:
I was worried she was really about to betray what the story has set her up for and continue the cycle of violence, but she took the bullet instead (literally) and fulfilled what the story had aimed for.
Yes she said "tell the maids I am the mourning dark hog now". She was rude to the Ramen guy, also she tortured the cow maid for info. Still wacky but powerful ending.
It was really hard to take her rudeness at face value. Ramen guy just had a bad day in general.
Dec 23, 2022 10:36 AM

Feb 2013
I know the bait and switched us but OMG that End WTF.
Dec 23, 2022 10:41 AM

Feb 2013
AkeZZZ said:
Nagomi, you're a legend. This is what a maid should truly be, not a mafia gangster in disguise. Gladfully, Nagi the mad is dead. Now, it's time for a new era, the era of the true maid. 

I don't know I kind of wanted the ending where Nagomi kills everyone with her ninja skills too. 
Dec 23, 2022 11:28 AM
Aug 2021
I liked how nagomi became a 36 year old maid like ranko lol
Dec 23, 2022 12:48 PM

Apr 2010
A suprise gem for me! Love the series. Before the final episode I was thinking to give it a 7/10, but this episode was so special that I ended up giving it an 8/10.
Dec 23, 2022 12:50 PM

Nov 2012
Altruaer said:
ryo-san said:
Ramen guy dead.. I'm absolutely happy that ramen shop owner got popped..
That old fart had no business hanging out with maids at war..

Ramen guy lol, why? Gratuitous, they should have cut the scene or changed it imo. Maybe I missed a grudge she held against him? Pretty miserable death, they could have made it more interesting or something,
I think she had good memories of him, hence telling him to leave before the battle and warning to shut up while triggering her. I think she’s just psychotic and good memories and kindness makes her go crazy.
Jaywalker.
Dec 23, 2022 1:04 PM
Apr 2021
I guess there ain’t no happy ending for a maid (Yakuza)

Live by the sword, die by the sword, rip Ranko 😭

I liked that the story goes full circle and Nagumi was the one seeking vengeance after witnessing Ranko’s murder. She just did it her own special way…moe them to submission.
Dec 23, 2022 1:08 PM
Feb 2021
Omg I got really emotional with this ending. I freakin loved this show. Damn.
Dec 23, 2022 1:52 PM
Oct 2022
This finale was wild!!!
I almost thought Nagomi died in the end. That post-credit scene had me staring dead at the screen to not miss even a second of it!
Shame that Ranko didn't survive in the end, I thought an Ambulance might have gotten to her in time at the end of Ep 11.
Nagomi almost slipped up, but stuck to her beliefs and in the end, she changed Akiba for the better. What a fantastic show and journey she went on.
Dec 23, 2022 2:16 PM
Feb 2021
with one off's like this coming out, I have renewed hope for the anime industry. Thank-you P.A. works
Dec 23, 2022 2:46 PM

Jan 2019
Isn't it weird that Nagi considered "war" before offering the killer up to the Pig maid cafe?
From various more sensible options she could've picked from, she instead went for the idealistic old-school "cool" mafia/ruffian boss route.
Its as if this entire thing was a skit that had to run its course in just 12 episodes :b

Dec 23, 2022 2:56 PM

Nov 2017
Nagomi transformed the maid industry for real! Sadly, the chief maid was difficult to persuade.. This episode perfectly blended comedy with serious tone and watching this show gives off a unique feeling. RIP best boi, by the way :( was totally not expecting that, to be honest! And again, RIP best girl Ranko :( she will be missed.

This already is a cult classic, right?
Dec 23, 2022 3:14 PM
Oct 2015
I loved those final twists. I'd say this show has been quite underrated. A pleasant surpise by PA Works.
Dec 23, 2022 3:41 PM
Dec 2020
at first, i didn't take this show seriously because of how insane it was. but surely enough as weeks passed and new episodes came out, i got so attached to the main characters, and i really enjoyed this show. i love the ending, and how Nagomi kept being a maid after all of that.
Dec 23, 2022 3:45 PM
Dec 2022
it was fun to watch
Dec 23, 2022 3:48 PM
Mar 2018
CINE, completamente CINE
Dec 23, 2022 4:03 PM

Aug 2021
Wow... I am speechless at what happened here. Nagomi went full rage mode and even apologized to Nerula that she had to break her promise, but in the end she kept it. Nagomi has reshaped the entire Akiba landscape and built a new future for maids. I liked it that Ranko was sent off respectfully and the memory of her played a huge role in what happened afterwards. She actually helped Nagomi built this new Akiba.

And I was so happy to see that Nagomi actually survived and fulfilled her dream of a moe moe kyun future, although it was a bitter sweet end with Nagomi ending up disabled, but that smile at the end.. She looked so happy to serve her master's. She lives for Ranko as well now, letting their masters feel that moe. And even though falling in love is a big no no at the pigsty, Nagomi made my heart go moe moe kyun.
Dec 23, 2022 4:09 PM

Jun 2020
I'm absolutely speechless; we got a good ending, while also getting a bloody ending. We lost Ranko; in exchange for Uzuko life. Nagami lost the ability to walk; in exchange for a peaceful Akiba, where maids can freely be maids without the worry of death lingering.
I actually had mixed feelings about finishing this show, I'm glad I decided to finish it today. I was never huge on Ranko, but the idea of her finding happiness... that glimmer of hope; all shot down by Uzuko, a supposed friend of Ranko. When all of that happened, I genuinely thought Ranko was going to go on a killing spree. I never expected her to truly try to find a peaceful way out. The second that she was stabbed, a feeling of rage flowed out of me. The one and only person who deserved to see a peaceful Akiba gets killed. I'm glad Nagami didn't go on a killing spree, I do wish she would of tracked down more maids and hunted them like the prey they are. After that; everything else can occur. The one thing that shocked me, was when Uzuko was shot by her own fellow maids. The second Nagami broke through, that was such a bittersweet feeling... the damage had been done; but they were finally willing to fight for what they all wanted.

Nagami got what she wanted.

Want a anime song playlist?
Check this one out.

Want to learn how to edit your text?
Here's the BBcode guide.
Dec 23, 2022 4:53 PM

Aug 2020
Don't even know what to say... This was one of the weirdest anime I've ever watched. Still so unique.

Ending scenes were completely unexpected (both before - especially - and after Nagumo's version theme).

If only our Tonkoton gals found a way to explode the spots where the bad meidos were, especially the one who shot Ranko... xD

Ended oddly well and with no opportunities for a second part. A fully closed chapter.

Dec 23, 2022 4:57 PM

Aug 2020
Just2Terrify said:
I'm absolutely speechless; we got a good ending, while also getting a bloody ending. We lost Ranko; in exchange for Uzuko life. Nagami lost the ability to walk; in exchange for a peaceful Akiba, where maids can freely be maids without the worry of death lingering.
I actually had mixed feelings about finishing this show, I'm glad I decided to finish it today. I was never huge on Ranko, but the idea of her finding happiness... that glimmer of hope; all shot down by Uzuko, a supposed friend of Ranko. When all of that happened, I genuinely thought Ranko was going to go on a killing spree. I never expected her to truly try to find a peaceful way out. The second that she was stabbed, a feeling of rage flowed out of me. The one and only person who deserved to see a peaceful Akiba gets killed. I'm glad Nagami didn't go on a killing spree, I do wish she would of tracked down more maids and hunted them like the prey they are. After that; everything else can occur. The one thing that shocked me, was when Uzuko was shot by her own fellow maids. The second Nagami broke through, that was such a bittersweet feeling... the damage had been done; but they were finally willing to fight for what they all wanted.

Nagami got what she wanted.

Killing mass spree would be a tad satisfying, considering how dangerous and psychotic the other spots are xD Nagumo turning into Travis Bickle would be the most Akiba Maid Sensou way of finishing this series.

Still, I also have no complains about their destinies. The conclusion was rather hurried, but it didn't detrach from the idea.

Dec 23, 2022 7:48 PM
Jan 2017
This show was fucking wild and loved it.
Dec 23, 2022 8:00 PM

Oct 2019
Softhenic03 said:
Just shock factor.. failed miserably last time around and unfortunately didn't work thus time around as well. Wouldn't have killed Ranko to begin with.
shock factor is not a problem, it's a tool.

the question should be how well it works and what it adds to the story.

and I think Ranko's death was more than necessary to reach this conclusion. 

nothing was just shock factor for the sake of being shock factor. the deaths mattered, the changed the direction of the plot and resulted in the characters around them to change.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Dec 23, 2022 8:02 PM
Feb 2013
Nothing coulda prepared me for this episode... Ramen guy deserved better. What a ride this series
Dec 23, 2022 8:04 PM

Oct 2019
that was great ending.

the show started as almost pure comedy/satire, turned into a crime drama, and somehow merged both those aspects perfectly for a finale that was both hilarious and emotional.

I for one really enjoyed this show, it's a low 8/10 in my book. the writing could have been better, and the plot structure was slightly messy, but even those 2 aspects weren't bad. 

the animation was also a little lacking in a very handful of scenes, but it was mostly as good as it should have been.

and the music just slaps. both the intro/outro and the background music.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Dec 23, 2022 10:18 PM
Jan 2021
people crying plot armour because nagomi lived. you do know not every character who gets injured has to die right?
Dec 23, 2022 10:42 PM
Dec 2022
we need a special episode or an OVA episode for explanation, especially for Nagomi's ending
Dec 23, 2022 10:44 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
What a wild and ridiculous ride. I would like more of this please.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Dec 23, 2022 11:30 PM
Aug 2022
I’m kinda mad at myself for not checking out this show sooner. I was aware of it and put off watching it until now thinking it would be a fun gimmick but not a great show.

I was wrong. This is probably one of the funniest animes I’ve ever seen and manages to provide an engaging story and characters to go with it.

Absolutely loved this finale. I didn’t expect anything to turn out well for any of the characters involved, but I didn’t expect to laugh so hard at the ending. My jaw was already hanging open from the events that just happened, and then the bamboo spear hit and smash cut to enka credits. The spear was so damn excessive and unnecessary it almost provided a punchline to the whole series. I seriously lost it then, I started cracking up laughing.

I immediately started recommending this to my friends who have bleak and dark senses of humor. Just incredible how they decided to parody crime dramas and moe/maid culture at the same time and managed make it work so damn well.
Dec 24, 2022 12:40 AM
Aug 2019
The show is great and all but i still wonder why ranko's killer killed uzuko
Dec 24, 2022 12:53 AM
May 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Bro what the fuck. I am absolutely speechless. One of the most insane and balls to the walls finales I’ve seen. It’s so rare that an anime genuinely shocks me with plot twists and writing but Akiba maid managed to do just that and keep me on the edge of my seat throughout.

Ever since last week I’ve been a wreck about my baby ranko being gone and I was hoping there would be an asspull and she’d be still alive.. or that uzuko would have a change of heart, but nope. This bitch was legitimately pure evil. We don’t see that a lot in this medium. Usually even the most evil of villains will have some sort of redeemable qualities that make you emphasise with them, but nope.

Not only did she kill the woman who basically was her mother and raised her, then she kills her “sister” who she made a pact with. Then trying to kill Nagomi???? And the ramen guy??What a deplorable PoS. I thought the performance Nagomi gave would make her realise how awful the shit she’d done was, but she just doubled down on it.

Timeskip akiba looks way more peaceful and I’m glad the oinky doink is still alive and well, but seeing Nagomi paralysed from the waist down is really sad.

Even tho they did my baby ranko wrong, still top 3 shows this season for sure.

Also wtf the panda was a real person lmao??

Voiced by the legend herself, Aya Hirano, nonetheless. Wouldn't expect anything less from this God Tier show.
Dec 24, 2022 2:10 AM

May 2015
I fully expected Ranko to pop out of the Panda costume...I guess I didn't want to believe she had really died.

The switch between black pork Nagomi and normal Nagomi was too quick. And so was that ending. I think they could have gotten another episode out of this.

I really didn't like this episode. Not just because Ranko was now 100% dead for sure...but it just felt rushed.

Overall a good anime, loved every episode except the last two. But poor ending.
(>'.')> I have Aspergers (Autism), so if I say something "rude" it doesn't mean I'm trying to be mean or rude! I state my mind and say things bluntly, I don't have a built in filter on what I say. So please don't jump to conclusions! <('.'<)
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

eplipswich - Oct 13, 2022

171 by eldaristclosekin »»
Apr 23, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2022

393 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 23, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2022

120 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 14, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2022

102 by Sealjani »»
Mar 5, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2022

164 by Gvendoline »»
Feb 8, 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.