Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2022 4:29 AM

Jul 2017
The AOI Cavendish company may have fixed their horrendous AI mistake, but the fact is that Aoi/Ai has already taken over and has a life of its own.

Well then, it's down to business, and Yoshino invites herself to Asahi's place to tell him of the current problems. Unfortunately, Asahi is already at the point of no return after seeing his childhood friend Ai, and while this technology is state-of-the-art, it's not without its flaws with another possible takeover. Somewhere, somehow, Asahi is the only key to unlock their Muse V telecommunications satellite, and through his pet bunny Loverin, the 4 other girls reappear through their visions, though in low-polygon state.

Thankfully, Irina, Amelia, Karin and Mongfa are safe, but they also know that Aoi is out of control with her emotions, leaving her in limbo of affecting the original Ai Izawa and also the livelihood of everyone depending on the same technology. And Asahi finally steeling his resolve to follow Yoshino to Dr. Izawa's private lab that has enough flops a.k.a computing power to commence the AI operation, together with Aoi's dream to fall in love, that's how you get the show's title: falling in Love that takes Flops in an alternate world. That's quite smart if you ask me.

Asahi has only one thing left to do: to "Link Start" in this dangerous environment and save all of the girls. SAO-much this time?
KANLen09Dec 7, 2022 11:13 AM
Dec 7, 2022 5:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Would be fun if the girls were in low poly the whole anime (RIP Fanservice though)... time to save the girls now but I don't care about them much anyway xD
Dec 7, 2022 8:30 AM

Apr 2014
Time to save the girls and save the world.

Another reason why Aoi is the best girl: She is the first AI and the closest to Ai.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 7, 2022 8:39 AM

Mar 2013
Asahi is pretty much a shut-in but as he learns the fun of having friends in the current world not knowing it was a VR, he grew into a better person but after he learned that all of his past experiences were just a lie and all the girls were simply just AIs, he was really annoyed by all the things that had happened to him.

Fortunately, he was reunited with the 4 girls and after that, you know the rest.

It was an obvious path that Asahi will take but it was an enjoyable episode with all these bittersweet feelings coming together.

We are now in the process of rescuing our dear princess... I wonder how will they portray their feelings to each other?
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 7, 2022 8:43 AM
Nov 2020
So that's where the Flops in the title come from. Flops as in processing power.

I'm not sure if I like the direction this story is going. Asahi needs to move on and accept that the five girls aren't real but the story seems to want to make him be attached to them again. It's hard as a viewer to get attached to them when they're just not real in relation to Asahi. My other worry is I don't know if they can still drop plot twists at this point as what Asahi is gonna do is akin to storming the final boss dungeon and defeating the final boss. There's little room for speculation either because you can now conclude that Aoi went rogue because she got to fall in love but gets slapped with reality where she can't have it. I don't know if this is a problem of the story exhausting all their guns in episode 7 and 8. Three episodes for a final boss fight seems ridiculously long and I don't think the setting can just turn into a fantasy game.

A lot of people were speculating last episode that Himari might become an important character since she got an unusual amount of screen time for someone who's just supposed to be a rando but unless she can hack into the system and assist Asahi, she's essentially useless to the plot as a mob character.

I hope this series still ends on a high note.
Dec 7, 2022 9:13 AM

Oct 2017
Good to see my girls again, even if they are just AI...man this is just sad. I was here for the harem not for some generic scifi bs. Anyway Asahi back in the vr, with 3 episodes left let's see how this ends.
Dec 7, 2022 10:12 AM

Jul 2021
nice to see that the other girls are safe and not deleted by aoi lol.

hated that they stretched asahi's decision part so much. of course he was gonna be ready but them stretching the decison and showing as if he was seriously contemplating to not help feynman was absurd and irritating to see.

seems like aoi went berserk because of her love for asahi. i wonder how this will end, there's no way for asahi to actually get to be with any of them. after all this is resolved peacefully, bro's just gonna be left all alone with just the memories of those girls. he will probably be too absorbed in their thoughts that he will never be able to form a romantic relationship with any real person and die as a lonely virgin. if something like this comes to happen then i say feynman should take responsibility, after all it's because of her that asahi became like that. so she can compensate by taking his virignity. that's the least she can do.

great episode as usual. looking forward to the next one.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 7, 2022 10:18 AM
Nov 2022
Where is my seasonal generic harem? xDDD
I'm really surprised by the serious direction the anime takes in just 3 episodes ._.xd

ps: SAO alicization but with fanservice, yes it's perfect.
Dec 7, 2022 12:52 PM

Feb 2018
I'm really hoping that this show is going to end with Asahi getting rid of the dystopian society, and not just having him live with the 5 girls again
Dec 7, 2022 1:15 PM
Feb 2020
The plot has gotten so crazy I barely know where to begin..... I love harem anime and I love a good sci-fi story but for some reason combined doesn't really work for me. Glad to see the girls again I guess and I can see the connection Asahi developed with them all. I'm probably alone in saying this but I don't really see it with Aoi. Ai the original girl in the flashbacks is an interesting character, but I feel that on screen I didn't see that many character traits for Aoi besides her being nice? I get that she was holding back her emotions but I didn't see enough of it to become a problem like the red eye scene in the Karin episode. It's hard for me to feel anything towards her character and I can't just go along with it because of her being a virtual clone of Ai. Not enough of a good reason. I'm not asking for her character to get erased or anything I do hope that Asahi can help her along with the others but I wish I had seen more from the character. Also I'm not asking for her to be a secret agent, or an American exchange student, or a crossdressing girl pretending to be a boy. Maybe the writers wanted a more normal girl to balance it out but if that was the case I still wanted more character development besides built up emotions no one noticed and more personality traits besides dead girl duplicate. I'm probably also just being impatient here but is it really going to take 12 episodes to wrap all this up? Sorry if I offened any Aoi fans with this review here. Just giving out opinions is all. No hate please.
DJ236Dec 7, 2022 4:19 PM
Dec 7, 2022 3:53 PM
Apr 2013
Let's see. Not as depressing as the last ep, though functionally not much happened this ep. Rather it felt like things went back to the previous status, we have asahi going back in. There's still 3 more eps to go though, but at least things dont seem totally lost and depressing now, although that remains to be seen, anything can happen. We dont know what's going on with aoi and ai though.

It's still a bit weird, because clearly(?) nobody knew previously, but now they do and uh...what on earth will actually happen? The previews still arent exactly helping, though at least since the girls are presumably back? Not sure, but it would be kind of weird if it was just asahi.

Honestly for me I wish we had at least one more relaxing ep with all the girls (no ep 7 doesnt count) before everything went full flops mode, but uh.

As an aside I kinda miss the old ed, but alas. The new ed isnt bad either although its very different, and uh.

It's kind of funny how the satellite thing ended up really turning out, what is with fiction and sending supercomputers into space. Wish the ep didnt drag out the dorama too much, though it was good to see the girls at least, I was worried they would just not show up ever again.

Like I was worried asahi was going to have a mental breakdown, but it seems, while not being 100% fine he's ok enough at least, and probably (like me?) seeing the girls again may or may not have helped. Though uh. Dorama and what not aside I'm not entirely sure what he's feeling either, to say nothing of aoi/ai.

EDIT: I just realized there's no OP again this time. A lot of talking I guess.
Asahi's mom aside, what exactly is loverin? Though really its kind of like a facepalm.
Also we have what gomu showing up again next ep for some random reason, maybe they're just trying to compete to see who can do more outlandish.

It also seems awfully convenient that, not only can aoi/ai just straight up hack/take over all the world systems (but yes and no but yes), the girls also somehow managed to port themselves into asahi's loverin remotely and loverin also has a projector function. Somehow. Although eh. But still though.

With asahi going back into the "VR" it kinda leaves dangling the whole question of what's going to happen in the real world. Glub
CocoaGalaxyDec 7, 2022 4:09 PM
Dec 7, 2022 4:32 PM
May 2017
The series gets better each episode. I am concerned its ending to be a yottaflop.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 7, 2022 5:01 PM

Feb 2019
So Ai is literally cortana with rampancy lol. I knew that Aoi had to have been the first of the AI’s made. Just too much of a resemblance to Ai.

I wonder if they’ll be able to pull an asspull and bring the girls to the real world with robot bodies or something. Looking forward to these next 3 weeks
Dec 7, 2022 5:07 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well now we know why it’s called Love Flops lol, now they just need to say the name in the show. But the AI takeover cliffhanger last episode ended up being solved pretty quickly, but now new problems are arising with a satellite and now our boy Asahi is the only one that can stop the rampaging Aoi. I also loved seeing the girls again when they projected themselves through the alarm clock, it was funny that they looked low-poly at first lol, I’m glad we can still have funny moments at this point, I thought it might get too serious for the harem fun once the reveal happened.

I also liked the backstory on Aoi and Yoshino, and it looks like Yoshino realized why Aoi’s rampaging after she looked back on it, I don’t realize myself tho lol, unless it’s something as simple as wanting to receive love back from Asashi. Guess we’ll find out more as we hit the last few episodes.
TheColonel76Dec 7, 2022 5:11 PM
Dec 7, 2022 5:33 PM

Jul 2020
Not a terrible episode, but certainly a step down from the previous one. Asahi’s recovery just felt really half-baked, and to be honest I’m pretty iffy on the overall direction the show is heading. Well, I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt, but I’ll also keep my expectations low.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Dec 7, 2022 11:00 PM
Jan 2022
lighthearted comedy romance with a touch of fanservice, then a real drama, AND a computing pun? this show is after my heart
Dec 8, 2022 3:21 AM

Sep 2020
Good to see they aren't gone, now he must go back and try to communicate with Aoi, it's getting really interesting.
Dec 8, 2022 4:23 AM
Sep 2021
Asahi is now heading to the digital world to save Aoi and the whole digital world.
I give it 5/10.
Dec 8, 2022 2:59 PM
Jun 2022
Shows like this make me wonder what the point of writing a review before the halfway mark of the season even is.

Basically none of the reviews before the halfway mark of the season even mention the obvious foreshadowing that there's a big twist incoming
Dec 8, 2022 3:16 PM

Jan 2021
Episode starts off with still Aoi being in charge of the screens etc.

Asahi is still not quite himself and still hasn't really found his way in reality. The satellite has been taken over completely by the presumably AI.

Yoshino being in Asahi's room for the first time and thinks the guy hides stuff lol, alrighty then. Yoshino is basically there to ask the assistance of Asahi because otherwise the AI goes berserk again and its gonna be one big chaos. The bunny actually then connect with some of the girls and Asahi is finally happy to be able to talk to them once again, the reason being for the girls disappearance is because Aoi shut them off or turned them off, DDLC shit.

The girls basically want that Asahi goes back to the VR world or something and saves Aoi from whatever she's doing there. As expected the AI took over again and the whole city has gone berserk yet again but Asahi still being in doubt doesn't know if he is ready for it or something, ready to go back to that world. I'm glad that we got some screentime from Asahi and Ai from in the past, that was nice to see.

Asahi being finally awake in his head goes and lends Yoshino his assistance and they take off in a motorcycle. Who would've guessed that the lab house is the same house like in the other world at the beach. Aoi wanted to know what "Love" is and how to experience it, well look how that turned out Yoshino smh. Anyhow Asahi is ready to go back to the other part of the world (VR) and face Aoi once again and hopefully save her.
Dec 8, 2022 3:18 PM

May 2019
Yeah this show changed from a funny ecchi harem to a sci-fi type with virtually (no pun intended) no ecchi. Oh well, but a romance component remains with the AI Aoi wanting to experience love. I think the best that Asahi can do is provide closure to Aoi/Ai and the other girls. Hopefully Asahi recovers from this, and with 3 episodes remaining I wonder if there will be another swerve.
Dec 8, 2022 6:55 PM
Apr 2022
BRUH this show fooled me, and apparently everyone else. Love "Flops", I could NOT have expected that to be a hint.
Dec 9, 2022 1:14 AM

Nov 2012
Whao, both Asahi and Yoshino were so annoying this ep

My Candies:

Dec 9, 2022 3:35 AM

Jun 2021
In my head this feels like an antithesis to Do It Yourself!! in a number of ways. In that show, Purin talked the technological singularity, she didn't get the whole 'working with your hands' thing for the longest time and just wanted to fully embrace technology.

Well, this is what happens when the world embraces the technological singularity...

For the sake of a world that has become so dependent on AI and technology to live their daily lives, I hope Asahi can bring Aoi back from the brink of insanity and save the other girls too. Although a part of me now wants to see an alternate ending where society suffers for its mistake.
Dec 9, 2022 3:46 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
DYNEadvance said:
In my head this feels like an antithesis to Do It Yourself!! in a number of ways. In that show, Purin talked the technological singularity, she didn't get the whole 'working with your hands' thing for the longest time and just wanted to fully embrace technology.

Well, this is what happens when the world embraces the technological singularity...

For the sake of a world that has become so dependent on AI and technology to live their daily lives, I hope Asahi can bring Aoi back from the brink of insanity and save the other girls too. Although a part of me now wants to see an alternate ending where society suffers for its mistake.

I watch this right after Do it Yourself so that’s definitely an interesting way look at it lol. I’m starting to wish I saved Do it Yourself for last on Wednesday tho because it usually leaves me feeling warm inside while this currently doesn’t like it did before.
Dec 11, 2022 12:45 PM
Sep 2021
3 episodes left, will they be enough to save the show ? We'll see, we'll see
Dec 12, 2022 5:18 PM
Feb 2021
tf is this anime 0.0
Dec 12, 2022 10:34 PM
May 2019
Absolutely loving this more and more with each episode. It's been a 10/10 since episode 1 but can I rate it higher? Lol
Dec 19, 2022 12:18 PM
Sep 2022
Vamos ver o que nos espera do outro lado...
Dec 23, 2022 12:33 PM

Mar 2010
This has gone down the drain... I came for the fanservice now we are getting these anticlimatic doomsday vibes.. jesus christ just show me her anus already. But damn I wouldn't mind jizzing inside of asahi's mom. Sugoi

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Jul 2015
Low polygon models > vr realistic models

Dec 29, 2022 5:16 AM

Aug 2014
this what happen if world depends on AI and the AI gone bersek lol
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jan 7, 2023 2:55 AM

Apr 2019
Tesla's self driving cars seemed to have failed, it seems that in this universe the humans have become completely reliant on AI Technology that most of the jobs have been taken by robots and AI
Jan 12, 2023 5:47 AM

Aug 2017
MC needs to drop the dead girl and AI girls and get with the somewhat hot research girl. At least she's alive and real.
Jan 15, 2023 10:29 AM

Aug 2020
Interesting episode, and perhaps a hidden warning not to depend too much on AI in the future? It's all nice that things are done for us, but what happens if the AI becomes a bit too intelligent and independent?
Jan 24, 2023 12:27 AM

Feb 2021
Ai just want to feel what is love as an AI. The ending are changing to flash back to when they were children.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 24, 2023 11:47 PM

Jan 2017
This is the reason why future society must not completely rely on automation to survive. Smh my head society fell to an AI falling in love
Mar 12, 2023 9:00 PM

Jul 2012
AI crying about another AI lmao..
Whatever this gonna be, I can't be enjoy as much as previous 🥱

Btw Cavendish name, we see alot as a fruit or bananas product label 🤔

May 26, 2023 1:39 PM

Feb 2012
Hah, Feynman confirmed that the flops in the title referred to computing power after, all.
The AI girls have not been erased and communicate to Asahi and Feynman via his alarm clock.
The whole experiment emerged from Aoi (the closest of the AI girls based on Ai's personality)'s desire to learn about love. So she went berserk when her fellow AI-derived AIs beat her to the chase on Asahi, then, a conflict of her Ai and Aoi side?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 11, 2023 7:04 PM

Jan 2018
Basically another Akudama Drive. Fun as heck first half, completely unwatchable second half. Three more episodes of torture.
Nov 16, 2023 2:26 AM

Apr 2013
Amazing how this show managed to completely lose my interest, I'm only watching it to finish it at this point.
Jan 24, 1:27 AM

Oct 2020
It feels like not much happened this episode and it could have perhaps been condensed down. It's cool the other girls still exist, but at the end of the day, if they're all AIs then they're not real, unless they're going to genetically grow real bodies to put them in by the last episode. I'm not sure it's possible for there to be a satisfying ending at this point, but we'll see. It has thrown enough plot twists around already that maybe there's another one in store.
Jan 24, 10:28 AM

May 2015
I'm glad the cause of the malfunctions are being kept under wraps. Society would have a lot of questions if they knew their all controlling AI was having romance issues!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Dec 28, 2022

161 by Fansanime1234 »»
Apr 4, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Best Girl

Horn_dawg_2019 - Oct 26, 2022

29 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 13, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 16, 2022

114 by Lolicon »»
Feb 15, 7:59 AM

» Is the dub for the uncensored BD version?

Mystogan14579 - Dec 12, 2023

6 by OtakuSociety8 »»
Feb 10, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 23, 2022

124 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Feb 9, 3:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.