Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 6, 2022 6:54 AM

Nov 2016
Lucci got Bellamied 😭 The man doesn't go down without a fight even against Gear 5 😀 I was wondering whose orders the Seraphim would follow in the end. Since they were just introduced after years of build up it's coherent that the Government secured them for themselves. It's however a bit wack that they're programmed the way they are . You would think Vegapunk made the foresightdul decision to install some "safety net" just in case. No one should be able to tell provided he's not obliged to for some reason. Well, for now he's the highest authority on the island. Conveniently or rather said inconveniently(depends how you look at it) he has to be present to give orders. Good for me who wants to see Zoro vs S-Hawk. I wouldn't mind Zoro trying to pay back Kizaru for Sabaody.

Sucks that Sentomaru has to take the L. Most defensive man in the world got cheap shotted this is sad lol. W for Lucci, tho, way to don't waste any time.
With Kizaru on the way too it's almost like Sabaody 2.0 with the difference that the Strawhats are a Yonkou crew now. He looked like a poor child as well and he's chummy with Sento, but it would be too much if he holds back.

Finally some more Devil Fruit lore. So there was someone as down bad as Sanji who wanted the Suke Suke no Mi to peak on women.

Who's mad that Lucci has a confirmed Awakening and Kaido didn't? 🀣 We saw pre timeskip Chopper going berserk in his awakened form. The Jailer Beasts were simpletons. I guess they're forced awakened as part of an experiment and lost their mind in the process. That's why they don't/can't turn back to their human form. Maybe Luffy will fool around less once he has perfect control over his Awakening.

The design is fire with similar clouds to Gear4/5. Luffy's faces while dodging kinda cursed, lol.

Epic

kevin_video said:
With Lucci and Luffy fighting, I appreciated the Enies Lobby call back of Luffy and Lucci's fists slamming into each other.

Iconic callbacks are perfect fanservice

I love the G5 fighting style. Attacks like Mole Pistole show that there's basically no limit.

P.S. Stussy is easily the most hard working commentator we had in a while. She drops so much info that we don't have to think for ourselves anymore.

Vegapunk drops Devil Fruit lore since Luffy is in Gear 5th and Lucci gets a little showing. Just because he's able to keep up without getting absolutely destroyed doesn't mean that he's as strong as Luffy. It takes a lot more to win a fight on a top tier leve
FMmatronDec 11, 2022 10:01 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 6, 2022 10:59 AM

Feb 2021
Anyone who thought fucking Lucci would be a problem for Luffy now was deluded, like he beat Kaido (albeit with help from the Worst Gen, and he got like three chances)
Dec 6, 2022 12:43 PM
Oct 2020
I have long believed that Chopper would fight Pizarro, not Doc Q, who will have an awakened feline Zoan. If Lucci infact looks like Monsterppoint Chopper in his awakened state, I consider that prediction to be almost confirmed. Pizarro will look similar when he shows his awakened snowleopard/lynx/lion/tiger fruit. See my video

Dec 6, 2022 11:58 PM

Sep 2015
Again, another interesting chapter.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Dec 7, 2022 12:28 AM

Nov 2019
Luffy is the mouse and Admirals & everyone else are the cats
Gear 5 Luffy should just throw them in the water after playing with them

Can´t wait to see Akainu kicked at the end of the series!
Awesome chapter!

and Lucci can no longer go after Robin
hopefully he learnt his lesson
Dec 7, 2022 12:23 PM

Jul 2017
To the guy who laughed and humilliated me five years ago, for saying that Luffy would face Lucci again: Hope you are doing good m8 ;) I was right!!
𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž (ᐒ..ᐒ)
γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€ »[π’₯π“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž]«
Dec 7, 2022 3:13 PM

Feb 2009
Luffy should kick Lucci ass off as quickly as possible! That guy only brings trouble with him
Dec 7, 2022 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
Lucci's awakening form looks incredible, can't wait to see it animated.

Kuma on the way, Kizaru on the way, Sentomaru actually picking a side but then taking a significant damage and etc.... What a chaotic chapter. 🀯
Dec 7, 2022 4:07 PM

Mar 2015
it's rematch time!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 7, 2022 6:20 PM

Jul 2013
I like the antithesis between Luffy and Lucci's steam clouds. Luffy looks really comfortable with Gear 5, albeit using it only once before
Dec 7, 2022 6:24 PM
Mar 2018
Holy crap, this pace Oda! Seems like it's a race now between Kizaro and Kuma. I'm glad that Onepiece isn't just about power levels and that is making things much more interesting! I never thought I'd see Sentomaru team up with the Straw Hats, and the way that Vegapunk talks about his dreams makes it sound like he could possibly become a legit SH (or at least an honorary one). Also Smoker wasn't far off from where the group is now right? I would like to see how he will act
Dec 7, 2022 6:27 PM

Jan 2008
With Lucci and Luffy fighting, I appreciated the Enies Lobby call back of Luffy and Lucci's fists slamming into each other.

Love that Vegapunk is explaining to the crew that Luffy didn't eat the gomu-gomu fruit, but instead of a rubber god.

With it saying it's on serialization break, anyone know when in January this will start again? Says "Weekly Jump New Year issues 4-5."
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 7, 2022 6:38 PM

Apr 2022
lucci's new form looking like he unlocked a gear lmaoo and luffy looney tooning his way through the fight was so fire

vegapunks exposition about the sun god while luffy's fighting gave me chills ngl, devil fruit lore W.

kizaru bout to spice things up. i'm just so glad we getting more gear 5 action man i could cry
Dec 7, 2022 8:08 PM

Aug 2019
Spoilers lied; Lucci's actually keeping up with Gear 5. I wasn't expecting Kaku and even Sakazuki to be wary of Luffy though. It's kinda nice to see the WG take Luffy's power seriously. Wish that the fight between Luffy and Lucci wasn't so choppy though; they kept cutting between panels of the fight and Vegapunk's monologue, which was kind of annoying. And I still hate Nika's fighting style.
Dec 7, 2022 9:32 PM

Jan 2015
Kinda annoying development if this basically turns into some "battle for seraphim's control" shenanigans-- just to prolong the CP0's involvement. I mean come on Oda, there's no way to just put Sentoumaru off like that, and CP0 shouldn't have easier hands when there are still Vegapunk(s) on the command. Just wreck them off already.

la critique de l'intention pure
Dec 7, 2022 11:41 PM

Mar 2021
Quite interesting that the devil fruits are manifestations of humanly desires

Yeah kaido isn't awakened as he doesn't have those divine clothes-shaped clouds on his hybrid back like luffy, lucci and yamato
Za_PandaApr 1, 2023 4:07 AM
Dec 8, 2022 6:25 AM
Mar 2013
Oda is licking the fans asses with this horrible fight.
Lucci vs a Yonko like what the hell...It wouldn't surprise me in the next arc to see Enel fight all the admirals on his own.
All for the fans and the cream
Dec 8, 2022 6:33 AM
Feb 2019
CONFIRMADO!

Sentomaru é do clã Uchiha.
Dec 8, 2022 8:17 AM

Oct 2017
More lore drop nice.
Dec 8, 2022 9:10 AM

Apr 2018
Lucci awakaned fruit lol. Well, seems like he can fight Luffy for now, so the fight won't be boring. Luffy's just toying with him, mf even closed his eyes in one panel xD.
Aside from that, the marines are joining the battle too which might turn this into a grand scale battle. Or they'll escape before it happens.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 8, 2022 9:46 AM

Jan 2017
Some mf 800 years ago; "Man, I wished I could turn into a jacket, so no one can see my pathetic existence"
(⁠☞⁠ Ν‘⁠°β  Νœβ Κ–⁠ Ν‘⁠°β )⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector Τ…⁠(⁠ Ν’⁠ β Ϋ Ν’⁠ β )⁠ᕀ
Dec 8, 2022 10:38 AM

Nov 2016
PirateHasan said:
Some mf 800 years ago; "Man, I wished I could turn into a jacket, so no one can see my pathetic existence"

I wonder what psycho came up with the Hobi Hobi no Mi (Sugars fruit) πŸ˜…

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 8, 2022 10:47 AM

May 2018
Should have One-shotted Lucci
Dec 8, 2022 10:50 AM
Jan 2021
i came liters ahhh
Dec 8, 2022 12:00 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I have no idea why so many people e against Lucci being stronger.
Dec 8, 2022 12:16 PM

Apr 2013
Vegapunk has been repeating known lore to other characters for the past 3 chapters.

Also can Oda relax and stop overcrowding his pages with so many panels and text bubbles? It's gotten so much worse since the conclusion of Wano and makes it quite annoying to follow.

Otherwise chapter was enjoyable if we ignore the fact that Luffy is fucking around while there is actual danger.
Dec 8, 2022 12:28 PM

Jun 2014
I was wondering how Oda would make it so that Lucci doesn't get one hit killed if he and Luffy had a rematch, and it looks like the answer is he awakened his DF too. Not sure why this fight upsets people, ofc he would get a timeskip buff so he can stand a chance against Luffy. Yall thought he was just sitting on his ass for 2 years? Lol, mfs really bitch about everything even when the chapter is fire.

Loved the Devil Fruit lore from Vegapunk as well. As soon as he was introduced I knew we would be getting chapter after chapter of lore, answering these questions we've had for years. Ofc though, another break as things are getting spicy.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 8, 2022 12:32 PM
Oct 2021
damn the origin of devil fruits
Dec 8, 2022 2:20 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Awesome chapter, full of action and lore.

Oof Kizaru is on his WAY. This is like Sabaody 2.0 + CP0 (Kizaru, Sentomaru, Pacifistas).

Lucci's awakened form looks pretty damn cool. I'm surprised/disappointed Luffy went straight to Gear Fifth though.

Does Lucci have Conqueror's Haki?? Looks like it from that punch (just not Conqueror's coating / advanced Conqueror's).

Sentomaru is weaker than I expected.
Dec 8, 2022 2:56 PM

Nov 2016
teo1323 said:
Lucci vs a Yonko like what the hell...It wouldn't surprise me in the next arc to see Enel fight all the admirals on his own.

Look past the face value of the title

The new gen Yonkou aren't as strong the OG

The Ace novel implied that Shanks was the weakest Yonkou a few years ago. Blackbeard replaced Whitebeard not because he's stronger. Luffy and Buggy didn't replace Big Mom and Kaido because they're on their level. They're simply the best contenders to fill the spot, thus it's natural that there will be fluctuations in terms of individual strength.

Here some noticeable power gaps between decades ago and the present. Based on portrayal, implications and feats I'd say(my opinion of course)

Whitebeard Prime > Kaido >= Big Mom >> current Blackbeard

Luffy has also plenty more room to grow. Pair that with his tendency that he rarely goes all out from the beginning. Furthermore, Lucci is at best able to stall Luffy, but I don't think he could beat him anymore in a regular 1vs1 until proven otherwise. Yamato was able to keep Kaido busy even tho she wasn't nearly his level. So yeah, from what we've seen powerful characters like for instance the strongest among the Yonkou Commanders or Shichibukai can at least hold off the absolute top tiers for a bit when the match up is favorable. Upsets for shock value like Kaido one shotting Luffy at the end of Act 1 happen too, but that's plot for ya.

KneelBeforeMe said:
Vegapunk has been repeating known lore to other characters for the past 3 chapters.

Also can Oda relax and stop overcrowding his pages with so many panels and text bubbles? It's gotten so much worse since the conclusion of Wano and makes it quite annoying to follow.

Otherwise chapter was enjoyable if we ignore the fact that Luffy is fucking around while there is actual danger.

The puzzle pieces come together in this arc. There has been more summarizing and confirming at the beginning, but now we've been getting more context and plenty of new info pieces.

The fight was indeed hard to follow and didn't flow well. I wished we had more focus on Luffy and Lucci instead of so much back and forth between action, Navy HQ, Straw Hats and the CP0. Oda is rushing this lile mad.

anime_on_demand said:

Does Lucci have Conqueror's Haki?? Looks like it from that punch (just not Conqueror's coating / advanced Conqueror's).

Because of the black lighting/cracks? We often saw them to highlight heav impact

Ngl, it's confusing and the SBS should answer questions to matters like this.

Sentomaru jobbing sad. One moment of not paying attention is sometimes all it takes. Lucci is also hella fast.

Dec 8, 2022 3:51 PM

Feb 2014
I didn't understand a single thing from Vegapunk's theory.
Dec 8, 2022 4:03 PM

May 2020
Didn't even realise the crew had no idea Luffy's fruit is the Nika Nika No Mi, these guys gotta start talking to each other off screen
Dec 8, 2022 4:05 PM

Apr 2016
Wow, I wasn't really expecting to see Gear 5th again so early and I certainly wasn't expecting an awakened Zoan form from Lucci! That's a really cool design, I can't help but notice some parallels with Luffy's Gear 5th form too. This is a rematch I didn't know I wanted to see!
But it makes sense because now we get to have Vegapunk give more explanation to the Nika fruit so everyone in the crew can be on the same page. I am looking forward to hearing more about the secrets behind Devil Fruits.
This was a great chapter and I am very excited to know where all of this is leading to!
Dec 8, 2022 4:33 PM

Oct 2007
karambia said:
Kinda annoying development if this basically turns into some "battle for seraphim's control" shenanigans-- just to prolong the CP0's involvement. I mean come on Oda, there's no way to just put Sentoumaru off like that, and CP0 shouldn't have easier hands when there are still Vegapunk(s) on the command. Just wreck them off already.

Looks like it's going to drag out.

Kizaru is to join the fight and the seraphim are to be overcome and Luffy is fooling around instead of ending the small fry quickly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2022 5:28 PM
Jun 2021
This chapter was wild and that's an understatement!
Dec 8, 2022 6:19 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
FMmatron said:

anime_on_demand said:

Because of the black lighting/cracks? We often saw them to highlight heav impact

Sentomaru jobbing sad. One moment of not paying attention is sometimes all it takes. Lucci is also hella fast.

Yeah that's true, it is inconsistent. Sometimes it can mean double Conqueror's (Luffy vs Doflamingo, Katakuri, Don Chinjao etc) but other times it's just a cool effect.
Dec 8, 2022 9:06 PM

Sep 2021
lucci thinks he can fight luffy ¯\_( Ν‘° ΝœΚ– Ν‘°)_/¯

ugghhhhh, what will happen next¿ cant wait
Dec 8, 2022 10:45 PM
Jan 2019
LUFFYYYYYYY BEAT HIM UPPPPPPPPPP even tho he got a big powerup nice to see luffy not even close to struggle like before
Dec 9, 2022 12:09 AM
Feb 2013
goooooooooooooooooooood
Dec 9, 2022 12:33 AM
Feb 2020
lucci is mf back lets go
Dec 9, 2022 12:52 AM

Dec 2021
Ngl Lucci won't beat Luffy unless if he's just nerfed with plot armor Plus Luffy beat Kaido so i'd be like saying that Lucci IS stronger than Kaido.
But welcome back ig!
Dec 9, 2022 3:39 AM
Dec 2020
Devil fruits are a creation of the will/desires of people… then did the will of the D create something even bigger!!!!! This keeps getting better
Dec 9, 2022 6:42 AM

Mar 2021
Casual DF lore drop lol I'm all here for it

Dec 9, 2022 6:51 AM
Dec 2022
as always masterpiece
Dec 9, 2022 7:48 AM

Jul 2012
this chapter had me in tears
Dec 9, 2022 9:10 AM

Mar 2016
What can I say I absolutely love this chapter, I love One Piece

From the moment I saw Lucci take down Atlast in the last chapter, I knew Luffy is going to get pissed when he saw her like that and sure enough it really did. Now I don't know if Gear 5 is a form he chose here or if it's simply the form we see Luffy have whenever he uses any gear at all. Nevertheless, seeing Gear 5 after a while is ASBOLUTELY ENTHRALLING!!! I of course do not Expect Luffy to have a hard time fighting off Lucci even with his new badass awakened form. And just as I've thought, Luffy's fight against him was entirely sidelined by Dr Vegapunk's explanation, lol.

The joy never stops, I feel proud of how far Luffy have developed, not just in his power, but his infamy, to be regarded as a Yonko and have even Cipher Poll 0 and the whole of the Marines consider him as such made me deadass tear IP. Just the fact that the Marines consider fighting Luffy as equal to starting a war against the Strawhats is such an awesome illustration of how serious they are to a new yet fully fledged Yono such as Luffy.

AND YET THERE'S MORE TO THE CHAPTER!
This lore drop is already anticipated knowing how knowledgeable Dr Vegapunk is on this matter, but boy I am so satisfied to see him telling the Strawhats of the real name and aspect of Luffy's devil fruit. Afterall, I doubt Luffy himself even knew of his DF's real name.

Man... Next week is a break, quite saddening, if not for how FIRE this chapter is!
ShadowkillZDec 9, 2022 10:48 AM
Dec 9, 2022 10:34 AM

Jan 2014
this is a great chapter but kinda dissapoint me.

Luffy current power should have been above Lucci, since he's already defeated the strongest yonko. but seeing him fist vs fist and both got repelled each other seems hilarious, Luffy should have stayed to show that he's not to be underestimated.

that aside, Luffy punch also barely packed a pack, currently they only show Luffy punch through the floor to bounce back to Lucci stomach, and that it. I just hope for the next chapter Luffy put Lucci for good, with just one move or one punch, either one is fine.

that being said, look like SH Grand Fleet would have some parts in the near future, seeing Lucci action in this chapter is literally wage a war against new yonko, I'm sure the news will spread and that would trigger chaos in many marine headquarters caused by SH Grand Fleet in it, or a accident in elsewhere that involved some of SH Grand Fleet, especially Bartolomeo.
Dec 9, 2022 10:49 AM

Mar 2016
charizzard said:
this chapter had me in tears

I feel that through and through
Dec 9, 2022 11:25 AM
Mar 2013
FMmatron said:
teo1323 said:

The Ace novel implied that Shanks was the weakest Yonkou a few years ago. Blackbeard replaced Whitebeard not because he's stronger. Luffy and Buggy didn't replace Big Mom and Kaido because they're on their level. They're simply the best contenders to fill the spot, thus it's natural that there will be fluctuations in terms of individual strength.

Here some noticeable power gaps between decades ago and the present. Based on portrayal, implications and feats I'd say(my opinion of course)

Luffy has also plenty more room to grow. Pair that with his tendency that he rarely goes all out from the beginning. Furthermore, Lucci is at best able to stall Luffy, but I don't think he could beat him anymore in a regular 1vs1 until proven otherwise. Yamato was able to keep Kaido busy even tho she wasn't nearly his level. So yeah, from what we've seen powerful characters like for instance the strongest among the Yonkou Commanders or Shichibukai can at least hold off the absolute top tiers for a bit when the match up is favorable. Upsets for shock value like Kaido one shotting Luffy at the end of Act 1 happen too, but that's plot for ya.

KneelBeforeMe said:

The puzzle pieces come together in this arc. There has been more summarizing and confirming at the beginning, but now we've been getting more context and plenty of new info pieces.

The fight was indeed hard to follow and didn't flow well. I wished we had more focus on Luffy and Lucci instead of so much back and forth between action, Navy HQ, Straw Hats and the CP0. Oda is rushing this lile mad.

anime_on_demand said:

The new gen Yonko aren't that strong yet but they are miles stronger than a Cp0 member. You can look back in the interference of the cp0 agent in the fight between Luffy and kaido.
He waited for gis moment to be deadly, he know otherwise he would be slaughtered. But now,no, fuck that, lucci is here one of the fans favorite lets make the fight make no sense.

Dofla couldn't fight Luffy in his g4 but Lucci has a clash with g5 Luffy. So Lucci>Dofla? Don't think so, just usual oda licking asses.
Dec 9, 2022 12:10 PM

Nov 2016
teo1323 said:
FMmatron said:

The new gen Yonko aren't that strong yet but they are miles stronger than a Cp0 member. You can look back in the interference of the cp0 agent in the fight between Luffy and kaido.
He waited for gis moment to be deadly, he know otherwise he would be slaughtered. But now,no, fuck that, lucci is here one of the fans favorite lets make the fight make no sense.

Dofla couldn't fight Luffy in his g4 but Lucci has a clash with g5 Luffy. So Lucci>Dofla? Don't think so, just usual oda licking asses.

Lucci in this situation is fresh, has better combat skills and a stronger body than Doflamingo + there's his Awakening and the fight has barely started. Doffy was powerful thanks to his Devil Fruit. They're better at different things that's why I think that you can't simply rank characters based on how they fared against one type of opponent. Law wasn't able to hit Doffy because he's agile knew how Law's powers work whereas Big Mom was an easy target. Or look at how much trouble Cracker gave to Gear 4th Luffy, even tho I think that he's not nearly as powerful as Doflamingo. Doflamingo has Haoshoku and he could up the biscuit soldiers with his strings I guess. Both were frozen by Kuzan, well it didn't work against Doffy. What else? Lucci gave Luffy a tougher close combat fight, even tho I definitely think that he would've lost to Crocodile or Enel pre timeskip. I could come with a lot more examples, but my point should be clear by now.

I don't think that belonging to an organisation or group of people should be the sole basis for an argument in powerscaling.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 407 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

9 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
Yesterday, 9:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 405 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

8 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
Yesterday, 9:39 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 665 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-MgZ_ - Apr 28, 2012

61 by YhomTorke »»
Yesterday, 4:34 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 662 Discussion ( 1 2 )

roflshanks - Mar 28, 2012

91 by YhomTorke »»
Yesterday, 11:52 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 245 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 27, 2010

6 by KayKimii »»
Yesterday, 7:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.