Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 23, 2022 4:51 AM

Jul 2017
If you take the episode's opener with Asahi and Aoi, without any context, this would just feel just as generic as the series. But I kid you that it's legit not.

That said, it's the ever-so-popular beach episode, and Ijuin got Truck-kuned Car-kuned to oblivion. A private beach that was intended to be a nudist beach, he is pulling all the stops to make this happen, and everyone has to oblige to this "rule" with Asahi literally being gagged so tight and hard, he can't see anything. But the unexpected (or expected, rather) twist that everyone just suddenly went missing, it puts Asahi on high alert.

Aoi just showing up out of nowhere (which come to think of it, she wasn't even with the others from the start), this is some Higurashi / DDLC thing going on here with just the both of them. Asahi carries on life as usual not sensing something sus, and Aoi keeps rejecting Ijuin's replies, even to the point of discommunication, already knowing Asahi's likes and dislikes.

The cherry blossom tree that Aoi renews her love for Asahi being more assertive than ever, Asahi begins to question her motives that the girl in question dodges HARD. If we've been questioning this show thus far, with certainty now, there's NO doubt that this feels like a simulation, and this generic show just evolves itself in plot right now, including the non-vocal ED.

By the way, please check out the anime's official website, because SOMETHING has definitely changed after this episode.

Last week -> https://web.archive.org/web/20221118171729/https://loveflops.com/
This week -> https://web.archive.org/web/20221123181403/https://loveflops.com/
KANLen09Nov 24, 2022 8:17 AM
Nov 23, 2022 7:56 AM
Aug 2018
What I don't understand is why did Aoi's eyes turn red like if you were a demon or an android after seeing asahi and karin together? Who is reality Aoi?
Nov 23, 2022 8:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah of course we have the beach episode with the girls naked this time, though what's surprising was that 2nd part with Aoi, wtf
Nov 23, 2022 8:42 AM
Sep 2022
The second part of this episode was really cool.

And the ending, with no voices, because they all disappeared... Honestly can't wait to see episode 8
Nov 23, 2022 8:46 AM

Feb 2019
Obligatory beach episode but way deeper than I’d expected. Yandere Aoi was pretty hot but now I’m confused. Are Ai and Aoi the same person? Or is Aoi a clone based on the AI Ai? Because it seems like Asashi was trapped in some full dive simulation type thing that can only exist on that beach. But we’ve seen Aoi other places.. hopefully we get more answers next week
Nov 23, 2022 8:51 AM

Mar 2013
Finally! Asahi finally got a bit of his memory from the past like the other girls have from the previous episodes. However, it's weird that they showed most of the past in the intro for the viewers and only a bit of it when Asahi remembers it. It was a weird order of clips but it's okay for me.

This beach episode was truly, nice, indeed but I don't remember Aoi getting into a swimsuit for some reason... then it turned into a nudist festa. lol

Aoi then became a Yandere for some reason. wow
Then the lewd scene where Asahi was made to lie on the ground with Aoi on top... OwO

Then the ERROR messages likely from a VR World, that scene really reminds me of
LOL

This has become a mysterious episode...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 23, 2022 8:57 AM
Nov 2020
This show went full DDLC. ED had no vocals like the girls were deleted. Hehe, its finally fun.
Nov 23, 2022 8:58 AM

Apr 2014
The nude beach is an excellent idea. Every anime with a beach episode should adopt this.

This episode is full of mystery, isn't it? Firstly, when everyone went to the beach, no one remembered Aoi. And, when Aoi appeared, no one was there.
Yandere Aoi is fuking scary. 0.o
Aoi and Ai got the same seiyuu. So, I assume that both of them are the same person or have the same identity. Maybe, Aoi is just some kind of avatar.

YES! YES! YES! the world in this anime is a simulation.
AkeZZZNov 23, 2022 9:04 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 23, 2022 9:02 AM

Dec 2010
By the way ATX broadcast isn't uncensored this time.
Nov 23, 2022 9:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The second half had me on the edge, sound and visuals were striking! Definitely got the creepy vibe across.

Finally the real hand is revealed, now we wait for what's about to unfold after Aoi going YANDERE, the rest of the gang vanishing and the very not-subtle ERROR message at the end.
Nov 23, 2022 9:15 AM

Dec 2010
ShambaC said:
This show went full DDLC

Actually this anime was 1899 all this time (and I bet nobody managed to realize it up to this point)
Nov 23, 2022 9:35 AM

Dec 2020
Asahi and the girls are going on the beach and we got a little Fanservice.
Just one person was missing and yeh the time stopped.What a cliffhanger.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 23, 2022 9:36 AM

Nov 2014
Things went crazy pretty quickly. Hopefully we won't have cliffhanger every episode now.
Nov 23, 2022 9:40 AM
Aug 2021
Really think this was the best episode so afr
Nov 23, 2022 9:47 AM

Feb 2010
Here it is... The point of no return. Skizzelle was right... This isn’t a stereotypical romcom. Nobody believed him. Now everyone will see the truth. But it's to late. He is gone...

The ending without vocals was kinda creepy.
Nov 23, 2022 9:52 AM

Jul 2019
The girls can see the guy naked but he's banned from seeing them the same way. This double standard has always annoyed me when used. Aside from that, the second half is the more interesting half. That's gonna be interesting to see unfold.
Nov 23, 2022 10:10 AM
Feb 2022
Looks like the official website for the anime is now doing something that's proper strange. Used to show all of the main girls on the homepage, but now just glitches out and shows nobody..
yonamaidNov 23, 2022 10:13 AM
Nov 23, 2022 10:37 AM

Feb 2021
What even is happening now, bro is inside a simulation or something.

And there were no lyrics in the ED because the girl's VAs weren't there to sing it lol

This show is truly a underrated masterpiece.
Nov 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Oct 2017
What is this? Nudist beach? Also the whole time I was like you guys are missing one person you know and then she appeared out of nowhere. Been good 7 chill episodes, time for the truth to be revealed.
Nov 23, 2022 10:48 AM

Oct 2018
I watched this every week looking forward to the twist (and laughed at the doubters). Finally it's beginning- it was a good episode.
Coincidentally, I just watched a let's play of DDLC yesterday.
- ratings literally don't matter. (especially the top 10 or whatever)
- anime characters aren't real people.
- why do you have signatures on. lol
Nov 23, 2022 11:05 AM
Aug 2018
Nov 23, 2022 11:51 AM

Jan 2014
I don't think I've ever seen a nudist beach episode in an anime ever and I don't think I've ever seen literal rainbow censoring in an anime ever

Also apparently we are going doki doki literature club this time around after the the "dick and balls" episode last week that had a condom rabbit mascot

and to think that I thought this was just going to be a normal school rom com harem on the first 2 episodes lol. tbh this is turning into being one of the best harem anime I've ever seen purely from just enjoyment. If only it wasn't censored...

Nov 23, 2022 12:08 PM

Feb 2016
it's so random, ppl are comparing it with ddlc for now. but in the end it's gonna be like metamorphosis.
Nov 23, 2022 1:28 PM
Nov 2021
They really did a 180 on that last part.

I'm glad I expected a twist from this entire anime. I'm so hyped for next episode It was something I've been looking forward to considering the bizzare things that happened throughout, I don't really know about the "foreshadowing", but let's wait and see what happens.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be disappointing.
Nov 23, 2022 1:58 PM

Mar 2022
This show has no business being this... vague and mysterious and god damn intriguing with such a beach episode after the bolgarian girl(also bolgaria has wonderful beaches, or so I'm told, no reason to not go at the sea, appart from russians nowdays) had no boobs at the onsen just a while back. But I'm geting the school-live! vibes somehow. We'll see.
Also, his friend is now like... "the-strongest-whatever-in-the-world-after-being-reincarnated-into-a-schoolgirl-and-killing-300-slimes" thanks to limo-kun.

Nov 23, 2022 2:08 PM
Feb 2021
You know, I couldn't understand why this anime had so many random moments with things that just don't seem to fit that well in it, but damn this episode was really good and Aoi stays being the most mysterious one. This episode alone was better than the previous 6, not saying they were horrible, but this episode was just super mysterious, and it really pulled me in and I'm super curious about not just Aoi but the whole world since the ending was just straight ERROR signs.
Nov 23, 2022 3:26 PM
Nov 2022
The beach episode was not bad and it was something that would be in the anime.

Secondly; the second part of the episode gave me a very Doki Doki literature club vibes.
My brain broke 0_o
Nov 23, 2022 3:56 PM

Jul 2020
Well shit just got seriously real. Went from your typical trashy ecchi harem hijinks to creepy and ominous FAST. Aoi has some kind of plan to steal Asahi tying into their past. Gotta love that Yandere personality. Interested to see where they take this twist from here.
Nov 23, 2022 3:59 PM
Oct 2020
Ok so the plot is finally happening. Also, that blonde guy got assassinated by his own driver and didn't get any fanservice for him at all rip. Fate of a side character
Nov 23, 2022 4:05 PM
Jun 2021
Chipp12 said:
By the way ATX broadcast isn't uncensored this time.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the censoring was actually on purpose shit was glitchy. like it had random moments where the God rays or clouds stayed still but the characters didn't, since my going out on a limb take way back before ep1 of it being like ddlc was right im living off a high that any bs I say could possibly be true. since the censoring is entirely different than what it was before when there was nudity(ep 4) and actually was glitching out I want to believe it was intentional
Nov 23, 2022 4:28 PM

Jun 2017
So we are Higurashi and Chainsawman now. lol
Nov 23, 2022 4:42 PM
Apr 2022
this ep gave off wandavision vibes 💀
Nov 23, 2022 5:02 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
What’s better than a beach episode? A nudist beach episode lol, but it was really fun while it lasted, seeing most of the cast enjoy some fun in the sun with and without swimsuits was great, rip Asahi tho because I’m sure he was suffocating in that mask, I’m surprised he can say he had fun by the end of that lol, also rip Yoshio at the beginning, tho it wasn’t his time to be isekaid yet.

The beach part was so much fun I actually failed to notice Aoi was gone lol, like it literally didn’t click at all that she was missing, might’ve been because the characters didn’t acknowledge it either, I’m terrible lol, but it worked for the twist. I don’t know what exactly to make of all that happened in the 2nd half, I’m not sure if Aoi and Ai are the same person or not, or what Aoi was going for there, but the simulation theory definitely looks likely now with those error signs at the end. And while I’m gonna miss the fun harem show, the plot is very intriguing and I’m looking forward to seeing where it goes. Also the ED having no lyrics and just the alarm clock rabbit thing was kinda creepy but also cool, I like the vibe they’re going for.
TheColonel76Nov 23, 2022 5:08 PM
Nov 23, 2022 5:53 PM
Aug 2021
The second half of the episode can be a whole anime in and of itself.
Nov 23, 2022 6:19 PM

Sep 2011
ngl I've kinda lost some interest now that the "twist" is out in the open
Nov 23, 2022 7:23 PM

Feb 2018
I knew was right. This is my perfect victory. I win.
Nov 23, 2022 8:16 PM

Dec 2010
FutureMeat said:
I knew was right. This is my perfect victory. I win.

That's good for you. Wish the show didn't have to go through 4 previous heavily padded episodes that brought almost nothing new to plot or character development (they could easily take first/last 3 minutes from every episode and fit it all in a single episode without losing anything important and maybe there would be more time for episodes actually filled with plot - though I'm afraid it's a bit too thin for that)
Nov 23, 2022 9:39 PM
Oct 2022
This show can be either one of the best or the worst. As someone who has just recently been into romcom, then saw the seiyuu casts, I've been intrigued.
Nov 23, 2022 9:55 PM
Jan 2021
I think we all know ‘That game’ is very similar to this episode.
Nov 23, 2022 10:34 PM
Mar 2015
Man I’ll take this absolute win. I predicted Aoi would go rogue and go full Monika. But I was NOT prepared for that much dread watching someone just cook dinner.

That “extra high quality meat” scene is perfectly unassuming and horrifying nightmare fuel.
Nov 23, 2022 10:55 PM
May 2019
E2sembler said:
it's so random, ppl are comparing it with ddlc for now. but in the end it's gonna be like metamorphosis.

Except this time the girl started wearing glasses instead of taking them off, lol
Nov 23, 2022 10:57 PM

Oct 2013
Idk why everyone was shitting on this show so much so early and pretending it's not there for a reason, they made it VERY clear something is not right, from all the glitches, to the absolutely nonsensical plot of everyone falling in love with him, magical girls and aliens, shady organizations vs sensei... They where building it up to be an extremely stereotypical harem visual novel caricature kind of thing, and in such a way that the viewer (at least Japanese viewer) will constantly question why is it that way... You literally can't say much about it until the plot twist (which they showed WILL happen very clearly) drops. That being said, they did drag it out a bit too long before starting the reveal... Then again the people who rushed to hate it wouldn't change their minds regardless if the plot twist happened in episode 7 or 5/4. Well, let's see if ALL of those characters and episodes where needed and if it's gonna be a good reveal and follow-up
Nov 23, 2022 11:03 PM
May 2019
Just Aoi (delete harem.chr)
Nov 23, 2022 11:09 PM
Oct 2022
One of the best episodes in all of history
Nov 23, 2022 11:23 PM

Sep 2017
Hm. First Aoi was missing, suddenly the others were missing and Aoi appeared out of nowhere, and it was just her. Aoi had red-ish eyes too, which I think means she wasn't actually Aoi but another person, most probably this Ai girl, who seemed to be great friends with Asahi. Lots of people, including myself, had a hunch Aoi was slightly more important than the rest, and this episode confirmed that theory. We also got a confirmation that this was a simulated reality. That's some questions answered, but I still need to know some things...

Why is the series giving so much relevance (in promotional posters, next episode announcements, the official website and now the ending) to the rabbit-robot-alarm-thing?

To whom did the broken ribbon in the final shot of the ending belong to?

And what the fuck happened to Yoshio (the blonde friend)? He WAS the one who called Asahi's pad, after all... What's his goal? Why did he go from a slightly relevant to a completely irrelevant side character? (note that he didn't appear for two whole episodes, and on his latest appearences he got his balls blasted away and ran over by a limousine). I think his sudden "disappearence" is more important than it might seem at first glance. After all, Aoi was clearly angry when she noticed Yoshio was the one who called, so angry that she just broke Asahi's pad in order to avoid any interruptions. It truly seems like he's getting purposely nullified by Aoi or whoever is in charge.

On another note, now the very first scene of the anime makes way more sense. If I had to guess, Asahi talked to Ai at least once but the time loop reset right after that. I wonder if Yoshio will have any influence on that.

Good
Nov 24, 2022 1:24 AM

Apr 2012
at first i was like "they could have kept Aoi as a better than the other girls normal human"
then she went Yandere mode and i kind of disliked her
then i was like "ok, with how every1 treated him during the beach trip, this isnt so bad"
then it became SAO and it kind of saved it

still disliked it though
Nov 24, 2022 2:56 AM
Sep 2021
A lot of mysteries were going on in this episode, aoi has a lot of mysteries, from what I think she is a robot.
I give it 6/10.
Nov 24, 2022 3:02 AM

Jun 2016
Let me just copy and paste what I said on my friends' Discord server, because I'm way too lazy to say something remotely original more than once.
Nov 24, 2022 4:24 AM

Jul 2014
Finally, my patience with this show has well and truly been rewarded. What an episode, what a reveal.
Nov 24, 2022 4:49 AM
Nov 2011
So, This episode has me questioning what AOI really is.

The fanservice near the beginning was so lame and boring.

Early on I had pegged an Idea that Aoi was a Time Travelling Robot from another world.

However, with the introduction of AI, and the way things progressed in this episode I'm actually questioning that idea.

My thoughts go into two separate veins.

AOI is AI's conciousness downloaded into a Cyberbrain (the wetware is really software and bioengineered)

AOI and AI are twins, some accident happened in the past, And only AOI lived. Possibly a part of AI exists inside of AOI perhaps via a transplant.

However on top of that is the advance tech phone, the holographic interfaces around him, it makes me question the cyber parts of the story, it could be as simple as AOI is AI's twin, AI died when they were young, told Aoi about this great boy Asahi she met, before dying tragically. Aoi for whatever reasons deecides she must meet, and then realizes like her twin she's attracted to him.

All of these feel a little convoluted for how simple each girls real backstory has seemed so far. Which makes me think its none of the above. Again I'm just speculating here. Can't wait for next episode.

And frankly, noone really cares about Yoshio, and I don't think AOI is classically a Yandere in this episode, though they feint at us with all the things: hanging up on Yoshio, Destroying the phone, making a big deal of the blood in cutting a massive hunk of meat. I think AOI is actually something else, a Clingiy insecure type who has seen progress with the other girls and is worried about losing the only person other than AI that she has had close relationship with. I don't think she wants to hurt him, I don't think she wants to hurt the other girls, but that insecurity is making her act oddly that some of us may be interpretting as Yandere, I don't think she actually is.

I'm still open to the possibility that she is actually AI with Cybernetic AI implanted to somehow balance and control the damage that happened at some past point, but that too might be too far fetched for even this show. (YEs the same one that had dick destroying aliens a few episodes ago)
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 30, 2022

180 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 7, 2022

43 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 16, 2022

115 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 9, 2022

102 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 2, 2022

98 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.