Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 20, 2022 5:58 PM
May 2014
SoraSenpai said:
My god the Friends have made the most logical statement of the series so far. It's about time someone mentioned "Is this real love or is she falling into a fake love thanks to the practical marriage?" I guess it was a good moment in the anime to finally bring it up but Jeeze man.

Call me heartless but I have no sympathy for Akari. I get she's coming to terms with her feelings but #1 she's still somewhat mean to Jiro. And #2 she misunderstood the Minami issue again.

Honestly at this point they need to write Minami out of the show and just focus on the love triangle.

I get the first name thing is a "thing" in Japan...but it's getting cringey when it's overdone like this.
she’s just teasing him lol. Lighten up. She’s gone way more playful than just pure indifference in the first couple eps. These also are high school kids so they ain’t meant to be perfect and understand everything, especially when it comes to something like relationships and love that they have zero experience in.
Nov 20, 2022 6:11 PM
Jan 2022
Shiori needs some character development fast. and if we're getting anything other than a happy couple and depressed 3rd or a poly ending, we probably need any reasons to like Minami as a human being, we just don't know him at all
Nov 20, 2022 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
This episode really made my heart go doki doki!! So many cute moments and gorgeous frames. One of the most beautifully animated episodes so far. I love the color palettes in this anime.

I'm rooting for Akari and Jirou so hard! I can't wait to see them finally confess to each other! I happened to find the first name thing very romantic.

Akari's yukata was the most beautiful out of anyone's. And I love how she painted her finger and toenails.

Also, I like Akari's friends. One of the healthiest friend groups I've seen in an anime. It's funny how they all keep calling Jirou "Virgin-kun," though, because Akari is also a virgin. I assume they'd know that as her best friends.
Nov 20, 2022 7:40 PM
Mar 2021
more misunderstandings for a girl with mixed feelings.
Nov 20, 2022 9:37 PM
Jan 2022
SO GOOD, so unbelievably good!
Nov 20, 2022 9:58 PM
Sep 2017
such an masterpiece romcom
Nov 20, 2022 10:18 PM

May 2021
The obligatory fireworks episode of a romcom. Nothing much, really. They still refuse to bang.
RioFSNov 20, 2022 11:30 PM

Nov 20, 2022 11:52 PM
Feb 2021
Just want one more rant for my fave Dumpster Fire of this season. Minami seems to have no agency. I mean I feel like he's just there for decoration that I don't feel the story development would've changed if he were not to exist in the first place. Take him out entirely from the story and the love triangle is still in progress with Jirou still liking Shiori.

Maybe Minami might have been those characters whom the author never thought of "getting them involved with the plot/premise". It's as if he was just added in as an afterthought or the Kadokawa editors feel main girl Akari needs to have him as a tool to make main boy Jirou be jealous or insecure like any male protagonist who's too dense/passive in a ridiculous rom-com setup.
Nov 20, 2022 11:57 PM
Apr 2021
I love the artwork, the backgrounds are so simple but also so calming. I didn’t have high expectations at all but I’m really enjoying this show !
Nov 21, 2022 12:13 AM

Oct 2022
cute! i still think that akari needs to get over minami, he doesn't seem that great. every moment her and jiro spend together makes me want them to hurry up and realise their feelings for one another
Nov 21, 2022 12:52 AM
Aug 2020
This episode was like four minutes long
Nov 21, 2022 1:03 AM
Nov 2021
i swear if they edge me for 12 episodes before they actually get into a relationship ima be real upset
Nov 21, 2022 1:07 AM
Jun 2017
I just love this episode... its so sweet especially that fireworks display in balcony... i love that moment
Nov 21, 2022 1:13 AM
Apr 2021
Why does every ep feel like 5 mins? and I have to wait another 7 days for another one!
Nov 21, 2022 1:14 AM
Feb 2022
Very good episode with nice animation, Akari with the yukata is amazing and cute
I hate Shiori
Nov 21, 2022 2:14 AM
Jun 2022
SoraSenpai said:
My god the Friends have made the most logical statement of the series so far. It's about time someone mentioned "Is this real love or is she falling into a fake love thanks to the practical marriage?" I guess it was a good moment in the anime to finally bring it up but Jeeze man.

Call me heartless but I have no sympathy for Akari. I get she's coming to terms with her feelings but #1 she's still somewhat mean to Jiro. And #2 she misunderstood the Minami issue again.

Honestly at this point they need to write Minami out of the show and just focus on the love triangle.

I get the first name thing is a "thing" in Japan...but it's getting cringey when it's overdone like this.

true true. i don't fucking understand what kind of orgasm you would get if you are a Japanese person.
Nov 21, 2022 3:01 AM
Dec 2018
Strange one. I like it.
Nov 21, 2022 4:53 AM
Nov 2022
great episode but main characters are retarded just say how u feel damn it!
Nov 21, 2022 5:30 AM

Oct 2022
I just love Jirou and Akari's moment in this episode. They are growing closer and closer together and now act like a real couple. Akari's confusion is totally understandable since now the presence of Jirou is now overshadowing Tenjin who she has been in love for a very long time.
Nov 21, 2022 6:26 AM
Feb 2021
RKThePartWriter said:
Just want one more rant for my fave Dumpster Fire of this season. Minami seems to have no agency. I mean I feel like he's just there for decoration that I don't feel the story development would've changed if he were not to exist in the first place. Take him out entirely from the story and the love triangle is still in progress with Jirou still liking Shiori.

Maybe Minami might have been those characters whom the author never thought of "getting them involved with the plot/premise". It's as if he was just added in as an afterthought or the Kadokawa editors feel main girl Akari needs to have him as a tool to make main boy Jirou be jealous or insecure like any male protagonist who's too dense/passive in a ridiculous rom-com setup.

@SoraSenpai Exactly what I was saying (read above) about Minami. As for first names, I believe this is one of those rom-com clichés where you're calling the person's first name especially whom you didn't expect to fall in love with from the start.

Anyway, this series is all about wish fulfilment of teenage romance in Japan so expect the cringiness turned up to eleven. But I still believe this is cater to single young men seeing how traditional gendered roles is emphasized so much in this story. Still don't like how their parents are absent from the story. It feels like all the teenage characters are orphans in the present though I get the author doesn't want to make their story become a rip-off of A Couple of Cuckoos.
RKThePartWriterNov 21, 2022 6:36 AM
Nov 21, 2022 6:36 AM

Sep 2020
Akari has changed her thoughts on Jirou a lot, and Jirou is really unsure about if he likes Akari, them watching fireworks together is really nice!
Nov 21, 2022 7:18 AM

Jun 2016
akari x jiro the best ship ever !!!

this show has the best top romance seasonal !!
Nov 21, 2022 8:29 AM
Mar 2022
RKThePartWriter said:
Ultimate_216 said:

So just wondering are mc going to end up in this season
Or it is going to be a copy of rent a girlfriend (no romance till 190 chapters)

This series is definitely this season's Rent-A-Girlfriend where so much misunderstandings have made the story stretched out so much that it loses its credibility in being a memorable rom-com even if every element of it (except the dystopian present of Japan) has been done a thousand times. A Couple of Cuckoos should've been the blueprint for this series.

Oh yeah couple of cuckoo's I have yet to end its still in 13 episode from when I stopped watching
And as for rent a girlfriend I have watched only season 1
By the way I hope I watch it till season 2
Nov 21, 2022 8:54 AM
Feb 2021
Ultimate_216 said:
RKThePartWriter said:

This series is definitely this season's Rent-A-Girlfriend where so much misunderstandings have made the story stretched out so much that it loses its credibility in being a memorable rom-com even if every element of it (except the dystopian present of Japan) has been done a thousand times. A Couple of Cuckoos should've been the blueprint for this series.

Oh yeah couple of cuckoo's I have yet to end its still in 13 episode from when I stopped watching

Did you not enjoy Cuckoo Couple that you hold off halfway? I had very low expectations of it that I didn't put it under my seasonal watchlist back then. I've decided to watch it as part of my Trainwreck list, but what I've got is an enduring rom-com even if the premise seems far-fetched where a baby boy can be mistaken for a baby girl, and some problematic setup by their parents without asking their own wish. But somehow I enjoyed Nagi as the rom-com MC because the former's reactions seem naturally realistic unlike Jirou being a dull, wishy-washy teenage boy.

Fuukoi's teenage characters are stereotyped to the max that they become two-dimensional, if not predictably boring to me. Not to mention, everyone is overreacting and never think twice on why the person looks sad. I'm a bit disappointed how Akari's friends didn't have that gut feeling on her being devastated in this episode. I suppose I've to accept "that's because they're inexperienced teenagers" excuse since this series is in the running of becoming one of the ridiculous rom-coms I've ever seen in my life.
RKThePartWriterNov 21, 2022 8:59 AM
Nov 21, 2022 9:17 AM
Mar 2022
RKThePartWriter said:
Ultimate_216 said:

Did you not enjoy Cuckoo Couple that you hold off halfway? I had very low expectations of it that I didn't put it under my seasonal watchlist back then. I've decided to watch it as part of my Trainwreck list, but what I've got is an enduring rom-com even if the premise seems far-fetched where a baby boy can be mistaken for a baby girl, and some problematic setup by their parents without asking their own wish. But somehow I enjoyed Nagi as the rom-com MC because the former's reactions seem naturally realistic unlike Jirou being a dull, wishy-washy teenage boy.

Fuukoi's teenage characters are stereotyped to the max that they become two-dimensional, if not predictably boring to me. Not to mention, everyone is overreacting and never think twice on why the person looks sad. I'm a bit disappointed how Akari's friends didn't have that gut feeling on her being devastated in this episode. I suppose I've to accept "that's because they're inexperienced teenagers" excuse since this series is in the running of becoming one of the ridiculous rom-coms I've ever seen in my life.

Well its not about enjoying (personally I liked it) during that time i had my exams and I didn't able to catch up to it and by the end it reached 7 episodes unwatched so I decided to hold it in my watching list and complete it but I didn't get time

Same happened with engage kiss and world pharmacy
I have to complete them but now I have public examinations coming up in Feb so I have to study.
😢😢😢😓😓😓😓
Nov 21, 2022 10:12 AM
May 2021
make you want to have girlfriend
Nov 21, 2022 11:12 AM
Oct 2022
I just love this anime and the energy and the wholesomeness of it all just brings me endless joy.
Nov 21, 2022 12:06 PM

Jan 2019
Akari has transcended best girl and is now best wife.

Nov 21, 2022 2:02 PM
Oct 2022
The Relationship between Jirou and Akari is so wholesome and isn't built off of sexual terms and that is a breath of fresh air with echi's becoming more populuar.
Nov 21, 2022 2:39 PM
Apr 2022
why it's always seems like " i can't get minami so I'm going to love jiro" like that...its like only becoz of akari can't get the attention of minami so she started to develop feelings for jiro...more like a substitute love....like if not minami then jiro..upto this ep it's always like this....i really want to see akari to make her choise when even minami also have feelings for akari and knowing that what she will really going to decide at that moment!!..then only it will be a right love otherwise it will become like a 'i have this only becoz of not having that one'....other than this the overall anime is really great!!!!....
Nov 21, 2022 3:06 PM
Dec 2018
It's clear where this is going. I like Shiori, she may even be the best girl, but not for Jiro. The show has clearly shown all of their shortcomings and Akari and Jiro are clearly better people when they are together. While Tenjin and Shiori both bring out all their insecurities. Will they help each other be better with their crushes? I doubt it. But they are already better with each other.
Nov 21, 2022 4:08 PM

Jan 2021
I'm really hoping Akari x Jirou is how this series ends, and it doesn't build up their relationship just to have Jirou end up with Shiori at the end.

Now that both of them have voiced their confused feelings, I wonder how things will progress. Personally, I want as much Akari x Jirou screentime as possible, and I really couldn't care less about their relationships with Minami or Shiori.

Nov 21, 2022 5:10 PM
Feb 2021
Ultimate_216 said:
RKThePartWriter said:

Well its not about enjoying (personally I liked it) during that time i had my exams and I didn't able to catch up to it and by the end it reached 7 episodes unwatched so I decided to hold it in my watching list and complete it but I didn't get time

Same happened with engage kiss and world pharmacy
I have to complete them but now I have public examinations coming up in Feb so I have to study.
😢😢😢😓😓😓😓

I see. Sending you positive energy that you get passing marks on your tests. 👐🏼

I suggest you drop this series Fuukoi since you don't like these characters, having read the manga. I too feel like dropping since I dislike any single character that appears on screen as the way they act and think feels superficial.

But when it's my fave Trainwreck of this Season, I'm unable to drop. May I don't get brain damage when the final episode airs. 🙃

And no, I ain't gonna read the manga knowing the story is insulting to me.
RKThePartWriterNov 21, 2022 10:09 PM
Nov 22, 2022 9:47 AM
Jul 2022
Great romantic episode
Nov 22, 2022 12:39 PM

May 2018
ooooo man watta drag, start fucking alreday.....
Nov 22, 2022 12:54 PM

Oct 2014
man I love it when an anime paces a manga-adaptation slowly and rightliy like this
Nov 22, 2022 4:48 PM

Oct 2022
Wow Akari's friends are actually really good friends and the conversation they had on the bench together was well executed. They're so supportive and want to help her process what she's going through.

Nov 23, 2022 7:46 AM
Jul 2017
Akari's friends realize her new feelings.
They only want the best for her. What good friends.

Jiro hugs Akari in her time of need.
Broooo that smartphone catch.
Nov 23, 2022 9:05 PM
Dec 2020
akari + jirou ;w; i can't stop blushing.. aaa i really hope this ends w them together </3
Nov 23, 2022 10:13 PM

Nov 2016
oh god this show is totally my guilt pleasure. my eyes literally started to well up when i saw akari crying. i know its bad but FUCK its so good
Nov 24, 2022 1:35 AM
Mar 2021
Loved seeing Akari dressed in a yukata!! Very touching episode for the both of them..
Nov 24, 2022 2:56 AM
Dec 2015
goofy as anime but good
Nov 24, 2022 4:09 PM
Feb 2021
Contrived but super entertaining.
Nov 24, 2022 4:22 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Such good friends Akari has, but that orange hair dude seems bad news to me and I gotta say Oonish Saori did top-notch voice acting this episode that Akari crying almost had me.
Nov 26, 2022 9:21 AM

Feb 2018
So now that thee is a misunderstanding it might actually bring the two of them close together.
Nov 26, 2022 11:03 AM
Jul 2021
Its beautiful <33
Nov 26, 2022 11:22 PM
Jul 2021
it was beautiful i loved it
Nov 29, 2022 6:50 AM
Mar 2012
Terafune seems a cool bro, owns up to mistakes & tries to make amends.
Castella cake...
Regardless who they like, for Akari it's quite painful working so hard for something to just fizzle out. Jirou's very supportive there.
New focus on side casts quite welcome. Would be nice if all pairs swapped, especially Kamo, but doesn't look like it's headed there.
Dec 2, 2022 3:29 PM

May 2009
I hate to admit this, but watched this show purely for romance and having no expectations at all.
Suddenly this episode hits me like the Titanic man. Holy crap that was good.
Especially the last scene where he kept saying 'Akari' ... MY HEART MELTED WTF?

Very nice. Much love. On to the next episode.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Dec 3, 2022 4:11 AM

May 2021
Jirou rushing out to pick Akari up was precious. I hope they both could clear their feelings soon
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is there any chance if a second season?

martingunnarsson - Feb 29

39 by snksd »»
Apr 22, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2022

149 by --Arrow-- »»
Apr 9, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2022

323 by Saijiroo »»
Feb 15, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2022

116 by acomdata »»
Jan 8, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aversa - Dec 18, 2022

203 by Fairytelly »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.