Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 12, 2008 8:17 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Me make another topic. I don't know what's happening to this show. And lately, Sai and Nerine has less screen time now. XD

Why is this show making so intense play!? My heart is really pounding toki-doki. I have the same feeling when watching the NICE BOAT thing; and for the record, it made me so emotionless for almost 3 days. I don't want to experience that again, but now this show makes me want to remember it. Arghh!
May 27, 2008 8:45 PM

Jan 2008
well they are not possible choices for Rin now and i guess if they see him, they will feel heartbroken. mann that ep was so intense and i still think he wll go for kaede..
May 28, 2008 12:03 PM

Feb 2008
^
Why are everyone rooting for Kaede? Because she's the only one who cares so much for Rin, right?!

But, take a look at her bad sides. You'll see many. I'm not just going to put it all here. But I'm still voting for Asa till the end.

*pokes voidbringer*
Jun 7, 2008 12:19 AM

May 2008
Kaede is way too obvious so chances are Rin isn't going to end up with her. Though I'm rooting for her too :(:(. But TBH you can never go wrong with the green hair girl haha
Jun 29, 2008 10:03 PM

Feb 2008
Rin Better Choose Kaede, HE BETTER!!!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Jul 4, 2008 11:38 PM
Mar 2008
IM ROOTING FOR ASA! Asa is reallly Hot? she has a nice body ahahhaha =P
shes like my fav Character in the anime!

Kaede sucks well her bad side only. i only like her good side i just hate her split personality
the Pyscho Bad One >.<

OKAY HERES THE DEAL YOU KAEDE VOTERS A.K.A FANS AND LOVERS:
LOOK DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?
FIRST OF ALL..... WHEN KAEDE WAS A KID SHE DID BAD THINGS TO RIN.
SHE ASKED HIM TO PICK UP HER PENCIL BOX AND SHE DROP A KNIFE DOWN AND RIN SAW IT THEN WAS BLEEDING.DUH I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHY YOU GUYS
LOVE KAEDE SO MUCH BUT HER PYSCHO SIDE IS SUCKISH NO OFFENSE THO AND I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT GIRL .EVEN THO SHES LIKE THOSE OTHER CHARACTERS
FROM THOSE OTHER ANIMES THAT HAS ANIME CHARACTERS WITH SPLIT
PERSONALITYS DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN LOVE HER! I MEAN SHE HURTED RIN
AND YOU DON'T CARE?

SERIOUSLY YOU KAEDE FANS.
im sorry i got into a angry mood ummmm o_o

Jul 5, 2008 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
You don't need to sum up the flashback scenes completely ^.^
I'm quite surprised that this show starts with ep19 - so there are 6 episodes until the end - to build up to the climax.
And I finally saw Kaede's scary face you often see in AMV or Sigs Oo
Jul 28, 2008 9:38 AM

Jun 2007
Yeah, Kaede may seem all sweetness and light, but she can be one hell of a bitch when it comes down to it...Talk about the duality of human nature!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Aug 2, 2008 11:02 AM

Nov 2007
That episode felt like I had been punched in the chest and had the wind knocked out of me. It was like "Holy *bleep*, that was heavy."

I found it interesting that Rin never yelled at Kaede that BOTH of his parents were gone. He just took it all for her.

Aug 4, 2008 11:30 PM

Jul 2008
phoo that was dark. I really hope that he doesn't end up with kaede like everyone predicted at the begining of the anime.

Cmon make an anime twist for once and go for Sai ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2008 11:07 PM

Jul 2008
I find this episode was pretty heavily emotional with mass confusion. It did leave me speechless as to all the real miseries of this world.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 9, 2008 12:56 PM

Aug 2008
It's a good thing Rin didnt remember what has Kaede done to him when they were little...
can't believe Kaede was that scary.

Sep 9, 2008 6:04 PM

Jul 2008
DarkMessiahNeo said:
It's a good thing Rin didnt remember what has Kaede done to him when they were little...
can't believe Kaede was that scary.

She really is psycho, really scary girl....what would happen if the girl you liked snaps at you just cause a movie you watch makes her remember???
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 21, 2008 8:55 PM

Jul 2008
Kaede's good side is already annoying because she has the clingy girl character feel to it. Now her bad side is just freaky and psycho as bad as school days.

Asa wins it all with her funny, energetic personality and the hotness
Sep 21, 2008 9:17 PM

Jul 2008
Lang said:
Kaede's good side is already annoying because she has the clingy girl character feel to it. Now her bad side is just freaky and psycho as bad as school days.

Yeah but don't you think Rin owns A LOT because of the past towards Kaede....Why the f*** move away when he can still stay in the house AND NOT EVEN WORK? I would do THAT until I finish school at least!
Oct 5, 2008 12:04 AM

Jul 2008
Lang said:

Haha, I'm getting the School Days vibe also from her. The pot stirring was CREEPY.

I thought it was going to build up another episode or so and she would have done something more drastic.

Dec 16, 2008 6:54 PM

Feb 2008
WTF WTF WTF?
Damn, it has started. Yandere mode - on
Kaede is really scary.
But I wonder what's wrong with Asa.
Dec 30, 2008 6:15 PM

Dec 2008
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS HISTORY BETWEEN KAEDE AND RIN? GEEZ. I don't know how much more of this I can take...this is hitting me surprisingly hard, despite just being pure fiction...What's with Asa...seriously...if she dies or something...I might not even finish this Anime...she's my fave T.T Kaede's...too kind for her own good...ugh I gotta take a break...

Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango, daikazoku~

May 12, 2009 9:35 PM

Jan 2009
Holy crap Kaeda has some serious issues!
It would be terrible (and interesting) if she actually kille Asa.
Best ep of the series so far.
Shuffle never ceases to amaze me. One moment it's a lighthearted school-comedy,the next, an intense romance/drama.

Jul 5, 2009 12:31 AM

Nov 2007
damn it was getting good but it really got interesting here. I guess Kaede was really dependant on Rin and when he kind of ignored her and spent all his time with sia/nerine and now asa she really lost it ... again. the atmosphere and music were perfect in the psycho scenes. I could of seen a Nice Boat ending there.

I can see why these girls like this guy though. he lost his parents and only tried to cheer Kaede up, and she practicly tortured the poor kid. I still feel bad for her but it's hard to. I can see why he'd pick Asa if he does. I give credit though at the beginning it didn't seem Asa had a chance and Sia or even Kaede was a lock.
Jul 19, 2009 4:57 PM

Apr 2009
well never tought from all the girls kaede its most scary shit.
i hope i will never meet a person like that in real life.
Jul 20, 2009 1:58 AM

Nov 2007
What a dramatic episode, glad they explained Kaede's obsession with the flash back and even though Asa makes for a really suitable couple I feel sorry for Kaede. But I'd have to agree we saw nothing of Sia and Nerine this episode O_O
Jul 23, 2009 5:02 AM

Jul 2008
I somehow knew it from the very beginning that Kaede was a psycho. There was never anything else besides serving Rin. That's one empty life there.
I just hope Asa doesn't die somehow. She's been the only really likeable girl to me in this anime.
Jul 24, 2009 11:54 PM

Jun 2009
I sense a school days ending.... which i really hate, sigh. This series had so much potential too, Gonna have a psycho ending... ugh, i just feel pissed off at the major shift in direction this series has taken. I hate happy shows that turn into psycho freak shows.
Aug 2, 2009 4:30 PM

Dec 2007
Rin really knows how to attract the emotionally disturbed girls. I don't know what's wrong with Asa, but the rest of the girls are messed up. Split personalities, evil twin, a girl that combined with her clone, and a artifical girl.
Aug 11, 2009 3:09 AM

Jan 2008
Oh, my. This was one hell of an episode o.o Really intense and now so many things make much more sense with Kaede's history explained. Some scary shit going on.
Kaede always seemed fishy to me. xD I just hope Rin will pick Asa in the end...though we still need to know what's really up with her. And it's understandable now why Rin is so popular with the girls. He's a truly likeable guy for a harem-protagonist =DD
I'm feeling a bit sorry for Kaede, too, because...actually she's got absolutely no right to keep Rin forcefully by her side considering what she did to him all those years...o.O And then her psycho-self is taking over...Sheesh.

Aug 12, 2009 10:17 PM
Jul 2009
jeez that episode scared me :X
Nov 6, 2009 4:27 AM

Oct 2009
kaede's lifeless eyes scare me D:D:D:D: it looks like they were gonna kill me!!
Nov 6, 2009 4:29 AM

Oct 2009
brinan said:
I hate happy shows that turn into psycho freak shows.

i noe, first i think its gonna be all fluffy and white the whole time, but then it starts to get scary and serious..
Nov 7, 2009 9:12 PM

Oct 2008

Kaede!?

Nov 15, 2009 11:01 AM
Nov 2009
That was deep. It makes me hate Kaede now, and though I was rooting for Asa, it in a way makes me love Asa even more.

Kaede needs...help. BADLY.
Dec 17, 2009 12:36 AM
Nov 2009
Kira01 said:

omg... that face rly scared the hell out of me... O.O" and the pot stirring thing also...this episode is so scary..><
SapphyDec 17, 2009 12:45 AM
Dec 18, 2009 8:36 PM

Oct 2009
Oh wow, Kaede has that creepy serial killer look now. o_0
I'm rooting for Asa, but maybe because I'm most like her.. I have a tendency to punch my guy friends a lot lol. ^^
It's funny how this show started out so cheery and comical. It's so dark and emotional now.
Jan 30, 2010 1:14 PM

Mar 2008
Am I dreaming or has Kaede gone Ryuugu Rena on us???

Jan 30, 2010 9:52 PM

Apr 2009
-gulp- Wow.. my first yandere character... and it had to be that bad..

the attack scene brought back bad memories for me. This crazy woman once attacked me and my mom in our home, and knocked us to the wall, and I could see that happening..again..

aargh! I still side with Kaede though. Asa.. I've known too many girls like her, who seem so nice.. but that's all they are. Nice.

And you can't make a happy ending, you can only make an ending..
MAL Book Club join if you like reading

Feb 5, 2010 10:18 PM
Apr 2009
Jadeh said:
IM ROOTING FOR ASA! Asa is reallly Hot? she has a nice body ahahhaha =P
shes like my fav Character in the anime!

Kaede sucks well her bad side only. i only like her good side i just hate her split personality
the Pyscho Bad One >.<

OKAY HERES THE DEAL YOU KAEDE VOTERS A.K.A FANS AND LOVERS:
LOOK DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?
FIRST OF ALL..... WHEN KAEDE WAS A KID SHE DID BAD THINGS TO RIN.
SHE ASKED HIM TO PICK UP HER PENCIL BOX AND SHE DROP A KNIFE DOWN AND RIN SAW IT THEN WAS BLEEDING.DUH I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHY YOU GUYS
LOVE KAEDE SO MUCH BUT HER PYSCHO SIDE IS SUCKISH NO OFFENSE THO AND I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT GIRL .EVEN THO SHES LIKE THOSE OTHER CHARACTERS
FROM THOSE OTHER ANIMES THAT HAS ANIME CHARACTERS WITH SPLIT
PERSONALITYS DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN LOVE HER! I MEAN SHE HURTED RIN
AND YOU DON'T CARE?

SERIOUSLY YOU KAEDE FANS.
im sorry i got into a angry mood ummmm o_o

psycho girl is a fetish.

i guess :P

but i already know who he choses
but for now, in this ep. rin is being an ass
type_XEFeb 5, 2010 10:31 PM
Feb 25, 2010 6:37 PM

Apr 2008
All i wanted to say has ben said already...but... i cant...FU*******!!!! Why the hell do they destroying this show D: < ? I HATE THIS EPISODE! AND IM STARTING TO HATE KAEDE :/

I hope that this anime will not end like school days which i hate event thou i didn't watched it (to be more precisely because of my very high level empathy I can't watch shows like school days because nobody can tell what will happen with me after that ^^") but man... WHAT THE HELL are they doing = = stop it already. . . I want my old Shuffle storyline and I want nice harem ending. . . T_T (but now Without Kaede >,< ) grrr this episode has pissed me off to that extend I'm gone explode and destroy my whole city in a couple of minutes = = grrrrrrrr :/!

I just hope that they (the producers) don't destroy this show even more, and hope that. . . this wont end bad. . . and wont end like. . . some psycho like Kaede is killing someone. . . I will not stand it that's for sure >.> . . . and . . . if so. . . I'm considering to drop this anime before it freak's me out. . . well i was considering this before when i watched this episode but still... I will give it another chance and watch thought but if i see a sign of a Nice Boat Scene i deleting this shit out >.> (well not out. . . i still love this show till the 18 episode but 19 is to much. . .)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . for now i'm going to sleep i need to think it thought and about. . .

PS: . . .My vote for this episode: "Hated it"
Mar 26, 2010 9:57 AM
Aug 2008
My words: :eaten:

So I no longer think Rin is a completely selfish brat.
Now, I just think he's a nice guy who's not the sharpest knife in the box.

Still cheering for Asa, though, since Sia left the picture ages ago. :)
Apr 11, 2010 12:05 PM

Jan 2010
The first half of this episode reminded me of Higurashi which = win.

And at least now I understand Kaede's devotion to Rin a bit more.
It's not that I want him to go for Kaede, but he should at least be fair to her. He can't leave her to take care of him and the house while he is having another girl...

I am still rooting for Primula though, even if I know that was never a possibility..
werrstonApr 11, 2010 12:11 PM
Apr 30, 2010 3:42 PM
Apr 2010
werr-y said:
The first half of this episode reminded me of Higurashi which = win.

And at least now I understand Kaede's devotion to Rin a bit more.
It's not that I want him to go for Kaede, but he should at least be fair to her. He can't leave her to take care of him and the house while he is having another girl...

I am still rooting for Primula though, even if I know that was never a possibility..

I found this episode horribly reminding my of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, which made me feel sick to my stomach, well the first four episodes where it's circling Keiichi's life. The rest I was okay with, even the nail-remover scene along with the torture and stuff. Seriously though, Kaede reminds me of Rena, who scares me a little and to top it all off doing something like dropping a knife onto his eye is something which makes me thing of 'her'. Then her complaining about her dead mom, when Rin's parents were both dead. He feels double the pain, plus more because of Kaede.

And that is why I do not like Kaede and want Rin to go with Asa-senpai. :)
May 29, 2010 10:41 PM

Jul 2009
now we get to know why kaede is so indebted to rin

and why rin is subconsciously doing the things he do to kaede now (well I think its intentional yet unintentional) seeing as all that crap she put him through

but wow.. such a dark ep..
Jun 27, 2010 2:30 PM
Jun 2010
if there's a reason to watch this cliché show, it's for this episode.

Jul 24, 2010 1:42 AM

Apr 2010
kaede sucks
Its better to have burned out than to have never really shined...
Jul 31, 2010 1:06 AM

May 2008
Wow, FANTASTIC episode... but when Kaede was stirring the "food", that stare scared the shit out of me cause i was watching fullscreen... fuuuuu----

Anyway, I seriously love this show. It's like a realistic harem - harem's don't go smoothly like they usually are portrayed, and this is a great example. Plus all the characters are very lovable, and the music is great. Shuffle is easily setting itself up for a final 10/10 in my book.
Dec 31, 2010 9:55 AM

Aug 2010
This episode changed my view of Shuffle! Totally. Made me remember School Days :]

Jan 1, 2011 1:50 AM
Jan 2010
This episode made sitting through the 18 other episodes completely worth it. So good.
Jan 3, 2011 4:51 PM

May 2008
err why the hell they changed Shuffle! so much the game is not like this at all, they also twisted a lot more kaede personality and most of the event with Asa Senpai didn't really happen -.-. they Cutted a lot from the real game and added a completly diffrents thing i don't get it : /
Jan 19, 2011 6:45 AM

Nov 2009
Kaede should just go die in a fire.

She just seems like she wants Rin all to herself, despite all the things she put him through as they were growing up.

I dont know how Rin could forgive her for the knife thing, I sure as hell wouldnt.

Asa is supposed to be her friend as well, just how could she on good conscience wish such things on her just because she is getting on really well with Rin?

It's sad that Sia and Nerrine seem to have been pushed to the side but I have to agree with a lot of people in the fact that I feel Asa is one of the best choices he can make. At least for the moment.
Feb 8, 2011 10:05 PM

Mar 2010
Man Kaede's eyes in this episode freaked me out a bit.........

You know if Rin didn't lie to her trying to make it sound like it was his fault that her mom took an earlier flight home and got in the accident, maybe she would not have been a psycho bitch to him while they were growing up. But I guess he told that lie because he was trying to protect in her in a way so that she doesn't blame herself for the accident.

Not trying to justify Kaede's actions, what she did to Rin was not cool at all, but he should not have lied either.

Seems like this anime is trying to knock out all the possible choices Rin could choose. Seems like Asa is the only possible choice left unless they figure out a way to make her psycho too.....
Mar 27, 2011 11:59 PM

Sep 2010
woahhh....that was a dark episode, started giving me the creeps. Forgot what i was watching for a second haha
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whoelse thought Kaede was going to kill Asa

Lost_Hearts - Dec 9, 2023

0 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:53 PM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

77 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

voidbringer - May 27, 2008

90 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

52 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:37 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

196 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 29, 2023 4:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.