3It was OK
16.5%
2Disliked it
3.7%
1Hated it
1.8%
Average 4.1
674 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 2, 2022 6:29 AM

Jul 2017
Irina Ilyukhina a.k.a Ilya Ilyukhin is next, and her character is obviously a trap and reverse that onto itself, forced into living not as a girl, but a boy by her father's wish before he died.

And how the stayover came about, is due to the cliché raffle prize that ended up with 3 of the girls being lucky to win a stay for 2 each in this somewhat ludicrous inn full of tengu. As you would expect, playing table tennis is once again another cliche, and Mongfa hit it so hard that Asahi got hit so hard as well.

Also, the censorship is once again on point...for being so bad, but elevating Ilya's "dick" sure they can get away with it for a "brother bond" moment. The truth is that, Ilya is DEFINITELY a girl, and wherever she goes, Asahi follows as well, with the sauna and hot spring sections being a whole scenario of trying her best to hide her assets.

Ilya's memory flops of Asahi, is definitely akin that to a childhood friend.
KANLen09Nov 3, 2022 12:50 PM
Nov 2, 2022 7:45 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Onsen time with the girls... and yes even Ilya was a girl that got forced to dress up as a boy by her father, but seriously the mask under the towel that was really something I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this point ahahaha
Nov 2, 2022 9:17 AM
Sep 2022
Another character-centered episode, finally caught up with the manga. That tengu mask was fun.

Now all I wonder is whether when will we get the twist? If this keeps up, episode 5 will be about Karin, and episode 6 about Mongfa, so the twist would be for end of episode 6 or episode 7.
Nov 2, 2022 9:45 AM
Feb 2022
this episode is too sus from other episodes i can't stop laugh when i see the dirty jokes
Nov 2, 2022 9:58 AM

Apr 2014
Mystery after mystery. Looking at that old lady's height, it's unreal, she is too tall to be real. She is also a different person from the one on the TV. Is she really human?
That tengu mask did a great job. Salute! hahahaha

Another reason why Aoi is the best girl.
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 2, 2022 9:58 AM

Dec 2010
So much plot in today's episode (still absolutely inferior compared to manga's visuals though)
erito_ said:
Now all I wonder is whether when will we get the twist? If this keeps up, episode 5 will be about Karin, and episode 6 about Mongfa, so the twist would be for end of episode 6 or episode 7.

Yeah I've posted about this several weeks ago.
Chipp12 said:
And if it's going to follow the same story as manga it won't be getting any different any time soon so I wonder how many will still be following it by the time grand reveal/twist is going to happen (episode 5/6 the earliest?)
Chipp12Nov 2, 2022 10:03 AM
Nov 2, 2022 9:59 AM
Jun 2020
"Hentai Tengu"... who would've thought

it's Ilya's time to shine and she didn't disappoint. a trap to reverse trap. i knew having a trap in harem is weird, now its clear the she a girl, Ilya or Ilina want to live her life as a girl from now on.

ep4. the mystery of the flashbacks still continue with only 2 girls left and yet to have it.
Hiruuu_Nov 2, 2022 10:05 AM
Nov 2, 2022 10:33 AM

Oct 2017
Ilya was a girl after all, she's cute and adorable. The d*ck jokes were hilarious.
Nov 2, 2022 10:37 AM

Feb 2019
Wait the ep’s over already? This one blew by lmao. Hilarious seeing Ilya trying to use the Tengu mask as a dick. Was really the worst kept secret that she was a girl, but a fun episode nonetheless.
Nov 2, 2022 10:42 AM

Dec 2020
Ilya is the spotlight in this episode and lul that was so funny how she pretend to be a boy.xD
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 2, 2022 10:52 AM
May 2022
I wasn’t a fan of this episode, but it wasn’t horrible either. But nearly the entire episode I cringed because I felt like I was watching a hentai the whole episode… it just got so weird and I felt like clicking off the episode but I thought things were going to get better.
Still rate it a 7/10 because the art and plot are nice
Nov 2, 2022 10:56 AM

Mar 2013
Well played, even I didn't expect that the trap was actually a trap in reverse...

lol, the proprietress earlier was actually the Tengu... lol...?!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 2, 2022 11:47 AM

Jun 2020
Good character development for Iriya, the pace was decent, a fun fanservice type of episode with some story in it. Animation was good, overall; decent episode.

4/5

Want a anime song playlist?
Check this one out.

Want to learn how to edit your text?
Here's the BBcode guide.
Nov 2, 2022 12:37 PM
May 2017
Funny and very good episode. Then, Ilya boy is Irina girl... let her be, adorable both as a boy and as a girl. Why is not the series uncensored? Passione is known for very good ecchi. Waiting for the Blu-ray...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Nov 2, 2022 12:39 PM
May 2017
AkeZZZ said:
Looking at that old lady's height, it's unreal, she is too tall to be real. She is also a different person from the one on the TV. Is she really human?

No, that was the real tengu...
Nov 2, 2022 12:47 PM
Apr 2013
Well.

Compared to the previous ep, like. Maybe its just me but it felt kinda forced and excessive(ly) cringe(y).

Ilya (although uh. I guess we're supposed to change name now? Kinda awkward) is pretty cute though but most of the ep was just turned into a cringefest.
Otherwise...not much to say, but really in what anime (ok maybe there's some other anime I havent heard of) do THREE PEOPLE all win the first prize on the lottery?? Sigh, and thats not even the biggest thing.

Otherwise in the grand scheme of things not much to say for now. Ilya's backstory is kind of uhm. Feels like they could maybe have put more effort into it but they either didnt have time or otherwise.
Next ep doesnt seem to be super obvious this time, but since only sensei and karin and aoi are left, most likely its sensei I guess.

While I do appreciate the screentime, ilya didnt really get that much screentime this ep since most of it was taken up by the cringey shenanigans. Flanderized asahi didnt help as well, like was it really necessary for him to slap/touch ilya so many times.
Nov 2, 2022 12:49 PM

Sep 2020
I really liked Ilya’s character development this episode. Creative use of the mask, destroyed all mens self esteem in seconds.

Looks like all the girls will be childhood friends which is a trope I really hate in anime. Let’s see what happens I guess
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2022 12:55 PM

Nov 2014
I didn't expect I'll need to hunt for uncensored versions for this anime. I hate those censor stickers too much. Still, I find it funny that they go for "just" risqué shots in one scene and then jump to full nipple view in another.
As obvious as it was that Illya is a girl, I have to admit that the fact it wasn't revealed in introduction episode made me lower my guard a bit. I still waited for this reveal, but thought it will happen much later, more in a style that harems add new characters when action gets stale. Either way, I don't mind.

And maybe I watched too much Golden Kamuy, but I think this episode was a huge wasted potential for dick jokes. I mean, during back washing scene I sooo expected MC to get freaked out about his ass being in danger.
JustAnotherShiroNov 2, 2022 1:00 PM
Nov 2, 2022 1:04 PM
Dec 2021
I don't know why but I got NTR vibe after looking at that proprietress.
Nov 2, 2022 1:09 PM
Mar 2020
Ilya is definitely my favorite, characters with hidden big boobs are always my favorite.

But this anime is still sus and by episode 6 all of the characters should've gotten their spotlight, and I had a feeling that the rest 6 episodes will have some plot twist and (I hope not) more serious/psychological storyline.

At worst we'll probably get DDLC kind of thing and at best it'll be just some minor twist revolving their memories and such, the official poster of this anime still haunts me tbh, way too dark for a standard harem show.
Nov 2, 2022 1:50 PM

Apr 2014
Somehow they went full nipple this episode with barely any censorship compared to the manga.

Which begs the question why not the first 3 episodes also had nipples in them, if they're allowed to draw and show them on at-x.

Welp whatever this ep was certainly a stepup and a win in my book, hopefully studio passione keeps it up.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Nov 2, 2022 1:55 PM
Sep 2022
CocoaGalaxy said:

Next ep doesnt seem to be super obvious this time, but since only sensei and karin and aoi are left, most likely its sensei I guess.

I'm pretty sure Aoi's episode was episode 2, considering we're most likely "gathering forgotten memories about the Asahi's relationships with the girls"
Plus the OP has a shot with, from left to right, Aoi, Amelia, Irina, Karin and sensei. If we consider Aoi as already done, the next episode should be Karin-centered
Nov 2, 2022 2:05 PM

Jul 2022
this episode was a disappointment
Kek

Nov 2, 2022 2:49 PM

Jul 2015
Parents grooming their own children into Gender Dysphoria is kinda scummy, ngl.
We had a lot of quality ecchi this episode, especially beautiful feet shots.
But as many people pointed out, it can't compare to manga.
PiromyslNov 2, 2022 3:17 PM

Nov 2, 2022 3:08 PM

Dec 2019
leonardobarba said:
Funny and very good episode. Then, Ilya boy is Irina girl... let her be, adorable both as a boy and as a girl. Why is not the series uncensored? Passione is known for very good ecchi. Waiting for the Blu-ray...
I just found out just after finishing this ep and reading some of the comments here and went and looked but there is an uncensored version of this ep wish i knew that before watch todays ep lol
Nov 2, 2022 3:17 PM
Jan 2021
Why soo many harems have to have a girl pretending to be guy? Are there guys into that kind of thing?
Nov 2, 2022 3:36 PM
Feb 2021
I wish Ilya actually was a boy just for diversity and having the mc not mind potentially falling in love with someone despite their gender. I kinda figured Ilya was going to be revealed as a girl anyways but still, a person can wish.
Nov 2, 2022 4:08 PM

Nov 2020
I was worried that the famgirl character or whatever you call it might turn out like the one from Haganai. Luckily I was wrong. The episode made me laugh a couple of times.
Nov 2, 2022 4:35 PM

Jul 2020
Man, I need that twist soon, after this episode I’m genuinely close to dropping it. I don’t like the show so far at all, but I’m really really hoping the twist changes that. In particular a School Days style twist would be very nice, since I hate these characters.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Nov 2, 2022 5:18 PM

Oct 2018
really funny this episode with tengu lol
Nov 2, 2022 5:45 PM

Oct 2016
Aha! Reverse trap! I knew it!
Nov 2, 2022 5:54 PM

Apr 2022
So there's a uncensored version as well... Interesting!
Nov 2, 2022 6:06 PM
May 2017
WeFeed said:
I just found out just after finishing this ep and reading some of the comments here and went and looked but there is an uncensored version of this ep...

Thank you. Just rewatched the episode, this time uncensored. Passione's ecchi is high quality and it does not deserve to be wasted because of censorship.

Nov 2, 2022 6:13 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
So, Ilya turns out to actually be a girl! 😱
The plot… thinens i guess 🫤
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Nov 2, 2022 6:14 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Hot springs episodes are definitely great ones for harem romcom anime, this was no exception, really loved this one. First off, I was spoiled about Ilya/Irina being a girl so I wasn’t surprised there, but man the moments with her were hilarious in this one. I knew the second she looked at the mask she would have a constant “erection” the whole time, and of course Asahi is just impressed and intimidated by it lol. We probably got the most amount of fanservice so far in this episode too, definitely a fan of that, looks like there could possibly be an uncensored version too.

And after the appearance of the tengu, we have a nice moment between Ilya and Asahi where she decides to stop living as a boy and live as a girl, to which she now goes by Irina, tho I think Ilya was still a good name. I do kinda wish she was an actual guy to shake things up but another waifu is not a bad thing either. And once again we’re shown a flashback, it looks like all these girls knew Asahi before but forgot somehow, and there’s Irina’s dad who is pretty sus because of the location it looked like he was in. They’re definitely drip-feeding us the mystery and I like that, gives us more time for the harem goodness lol.
TheColonel76Nov 2, 2022 6:18 PM
Nov 2, 2022 6:49 PM

Feb 2021
So the femboy was actually a tomboy all along...

I love when dudes show their friendship by slapping each other's buts lol

This show is way too good for a harem ecchi comedy lol.
Nov 2, 2022 7:11 PM
Dec 2021
W episode frfr idk if happy or sad that shes a girl but funny eps either way PEAK
Nov 2, 2022 7:33 PM

Feb 2016
we wanted gay episode, we got it but at what cost...
Nov 2, 2022 8:19 PM

Jun 2017
I am surprised almost 15 mins of dick jokes are fine to air in Japan. lol
Nov 2, 2022 8:33 PM

Dec 2010
I dunno why some of you are actually surprised about Ilya's "secret" considering how they've already shown her being all sneaky in male locker room in the very first episode.
AcceleratorAngel said:
Which begs the question why not the first 3 episodes also had nipples in them, if they're allowed to draw and show them on at-x.

Maybe they wanted to reward the true fans who decided to stay even though fanservice got botched.
Chipp12Nov 2, 2022 8:44 PM
Nov 2, 2022 9:36 PM

Jul 2021
all in all man this was such an enjoyable episode. literally laughed out loud many times.

i'm in such disbelief. Ilya is a girl afterall, here i was hoping for some unique twist that a boy is in a harem but well.

amelia really needs to start reading some normal books lmao.

the whole bath scene with Ilya was just hilarious and then the Tengu imitation by Ilya to top it off.

despite the ridiculousness this episode, the ending part with Ilya and Asahi talk was unexpectedly nice. Seeing Ilya acting like she wants to was great to see.

and the tengu that appeared at the last, was it that inn proprietress we saw earlier, i mean they suddenly changed the proprietress while showing the inn on TV.

5/5 episode. More people need to watch this anime just for how fun it is. Cute girls, some fan-service, comedy, lot's of entertainment and some bigger plot at play too. what else do you want from an anime?

this has a uncensored version? time to wach that. finished it just now and i'll say i'm satisfied with it. i'm going to look for atx version from next week.
TsutanaiFuunNov 2, 2022 10:19 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 2, 2022 9:36 PM
Jun 2021
MANTEPPPPPPPPP, cewenya sexy sexy
Nov 2, 2022 9:54 PM
Jul 2019
I really hope this episode isn't going to be used against trans people. but like even if they do they are just walking into a losing fight. lol actually anyone against trans people already are fucking ill
Nov 2, 2022 10:50 PM
May 2019
Finally some good old anime dabonkes!
Nov 2, 2022 11:14 PM

Jul 2020
This whole situation with Ilya was hilarious, I hope the series keeps up the comedy from now on cuz tbh I was planning on dropping this series before having watched this last episode.
Nov 2, 2022 11:36 PM

May 2019
So Ilya was a girl after all, sucks that her father made her act like a boy because he wanted a son but at least she can now be herself. The entirety of this episode was entertaining and yes, there is an AT-X uncensored version but it looks like it starts at this episode from my research (it should've started with episode 1 since Passione is the studio). Also, I noticed that Ilya had a flashback with Asahi and that's happened with 2 other girls so it looks like every girl here has met him in the past.
Nov 3, 2022 1:35 AM
Apr 2021
WeFeed said:
leonardobarba said:
I just found out just after finishing this ep and reading some of the comments here and went and looked but there is an uncensored version of this ep wish i knew that before watch todays ep lol

i was trying to find uncensored version.can u send me the link?
Nov 3, 2022 2:30 AM

Dec 2015

I wonder if the hexagon stuff on the ground is another hint (virtual world?) or just part of the art style.
Nov 3, 2022 5:39 AM
Jul 2020
itns not boy YES !!!
Nov 3, 2022 6:00 AM
Sep 2021
Our Mc group is having a day at the hot spring and we also got to know that Ilya is a girl. decent episode.
I give it 5/10.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Dec 28, 2022

161 by araa987 »»
May 16, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 23, 2022

125 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 30, 2022

180 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 7, 2022

43 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 16, 2022

115 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.