Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2022 12:57 AM

May 2012
While the concept was okay the execewas really mediocre using a lot of your typical and generic plot points which then also failed on keeping the culprits hidden for a proper twist, while I'm honestly surprised it's even on MAL being that English dub is set as 'original' on Netflix, the actual English dub is really horrible in my honest opinion, and if it didn't had the Japanese dub then I would probably never finished it...

All in all it was okay, but really nothing special.
Oct 17, 2022 11:56 PM
Jul 2013
I would say I enjoyed it overall. It definitely borrows from a lot of other sci-fi works, but it plays around with some really interesting concepts like the soul and existentialism. The problem I think was that it was only 8 episodes so it couldn't reasonably explore those concepts while also concluding its story in a satisfying way. It should have been 13 episodes at least. Still it was nice to see Amano's art again in animation.
Oct 23, 2022 8:02 PM
May 2020
I think a first contact may have been a better way to go instead of ECO terrorist.
Nov 1, 2022 10:53 AM
Oct 2019
i thought this was a terrific series until the final 2 episodes. just kinda lost its direction with the whole eco terrorism stuff. prior to that it was all about moral and ethical dilemmas, the soul, what constitutes humanity, AI vs human (co-)existence, etc.. it was good shit. made you think.

while not wanting to exterminate the native life on the planet was also a compelling aspect to the final 2 episodes, they muddled up the overarching theme of the show with the ecoterrorism turned action series finale. it was cool seeing that life, and sad seeing it gets wiped out as the continent terraformed. but it was lame af seeing patty and patty being NINJAS who were "trained for every contingency". *eyeroll*

i also don't understand how lewis was reprinted with his memories. i thought nina said it was cracked and the memory data was destroyed. it made sense to reprint kate, since that data was still intact, but lewis? how? and, another ethical question that could've been asked: is it right to print kate if lewis couldn't be printed? would it have been right to have her life alone like that? idk the answer, but the series ruined that question imo

7/10. the first 6 episodes were 8/10. i thoroughly enjoyed it. the final 2 episodes were 5/10, mediocre.
Nov 1, 2022 10:21 PM
Dec 2017
to be fair i agree with patty, genocide of an entire planet's ecosystem is extremely fucked up and evil and i wish they failed. all humans do is steal and kill.

HagePotPotato said:
i also don't understand how lewis was reprinted with his memories.
i assume that's the original that arrived with settlers.
Nov 1, 2022 10:42 PM
Oct 2019
nsfwsasuke said:

HagePotPotato said:
i also don't understand how lewis was reprinted with his memories.
i assume that's the original that arrived with settlers.

you're probably right about that.
Apr 4, 2023 1:34 AM
Jan 2020
Interesting concepts, it was going pretty well until the last 2 episodes, could have gone with an AI they had planted the possibiity Patty went from pacifist to murderous ecoterrorist. Somehow the beast Lewis lost all his strength and Paty became a super strong ninja. All sence was lost she keeps trying to kill em and they keep saving her even after being so adamant about killing beastLewis
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

Oct 2013
Eh it was a nice surprise. You bet the score would be higher if it wasn't for that cgi. Also you can say the thumbnail picture for this anime was really badly chosen. Should have put the picture of the fish ship or whatever.

Also I really like when the "monster" isn't just a dumb animal eating people, I'm sick of this trope where ennemies are just brainless flesh eaters. I felt so bad for him.
He survived, but still died a painful death before they finished the mission...

I found this was way better than the project itoh movies (still salty than somone told me Harmony & stuff were great sci fi movies... they were not.)
Also yes, if we one day go into space colonization we'll probably kill bacterias or whatever because it'll be easier than creating life from 0. It's called making concessions, it's part of life.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Exception Episode 1 Discussion

DatRandomDude - Oct 13, 2022

15 by Titadou »»
Aug 2, 2023 12:28 AM

Poll: » Exception Episode 6 Discussion

HagePotPotato - Oct 31, 2022

2 by abystoma2 »»
Jul 8, 2023 1:31 PM

Poll: » Exception Episode 2 Discussion

HagePotPotato - Oct 27, 2022

1 by Traotora »»
Feb 8, 2023 7:21 AM

Poll: » Exception Episode 7 Discussion

0 by HagePotPotato »»
Oct 31, 2022 9:44 PM

Poll: » Exception Episode 5 Discussion

0 by HagePotPotato »»
Oct 31, 2022 8:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.