Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi' Gets TV Anime

New
Oct 6, 2022 9:56 AM
News Team
Aug 2019

Publisher Micro Magazine Publishing announced on Friday that Broccoli Lion's Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi (The Great Cleric) light novel is receiving a television anime adaptation, revealing celebratory visuals (pictured above).

Broccoli Lion began writing the fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in October 2015. Micro Magazine Publishing acquired the novel and began publishing in August 2016, with illustrations by sime. The 10th volume was shipped on January 28. The novel has over 2.2 million cumulative copies in circulation.

J-Novel Club licensed the novel in English for digital publication in October 2020. The ninth volume went on sale on August 4, with the 10th volume scheduled to be released on December 1.

Hiiro Akikaze began drawing a manga adaptation in Kodansha's Suiyoubi no Sirius manga service in January 2017. Kodansha shipped the ninth volume on February 9, with the 10th volume scheduled to be released on Friday.

Vertical announced that they licensed the series for English publication at Anime Expo 2019. Kodansha USA shipped the eight volume on March 29.

Synopsis
One day, Earth's God of Destiny, and Galdardia's Chief God had a bet. The God of Destiny lost, and chose ten mediocre souls to hand over. To those ten souls, the Chief God of Galdardia handed them new vessels. Among those mediocre souls was one salaryman who fought against his destiny of death. How will this man grow from now on? Not the God of Destiny, nor the Chief God of Galdardia, nor even the author themselves know. (Source: Tseirp Translations)

Novel site: https://gcnovels.jp/saint/

Source: PR Times

Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi on MAL
Hyperion_PSFeb 17, 2023 9:05 AM
Oct 6, 2022 10:19 AM
Apr 2022
Seriously, what kind of "era" will even replace Isekai Era at this point?
Oct 6, 2022 10:28 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This sounds funny lmao
Oct 6, 2022 10:31 AM

Apr 2012
Azering said:

It looks like a wave of SoL isekai about peasants, animal trainers, etc. awaits us.
Oct 6, 2022 10:48 AM

May 2021
more isekai huh. is this actually decent? because the publisher's (micro magazine) recent animes are all good.
Oct 6, 2022 11:03 AM

Dec 2016
RobertBobert said:
It looks like a wave of SoL isekai about peasants, animal trainers, etc. awaits us.

SoL can't replace the Action genre.
Oct 6, 2022 11:04 AM

Mar 2020
RobertBobert said:
Azering said:

Better than villainess genre or Gender Bender Gender :V (no disrespect to those who enjoy them)
Oct 6, 2022 11:07 AM

Apr 2012
KichikuSenshi said:
RobertBobert said:

SoL can't replace the Action genre.

This is a new trend in generic isekai works.

AnimeFA78N said:
RobertBobert said:

Better than villainess genre or Gender Bender Gender :V (no disrespect to those who enjoy them)

You made the genre sound like a big experimental cliché field.
Oct 6, 2022 11:11 AM

Feb 2021
AnimeFA78N said:
RobertBobert said:

Gender Bender yes, but Villainess is great!
Oct 6, 2022 11:15 AM

Mar 2020
RobertBobert said:

AnimeFA78N said:

seeing i keep repeatedly visit r/otome isekai and see 20 different new titles with the similar premises ... you can assume it cliche field to a degree
Oct 6, 2022 11:16 AM

Jul 2015
Seems incredibly generic.

Oct 6, 2022 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
AnimeFA78N said:
RobertBobert said:

seeing i keep repeatedly visit r/otome isekai and see 20 different new titles with the similar premises ... you can assume it cliche field to a degree

The irony is that they first adapted Hamefura, who parodied this and her popularity in turn carried this trend into anime.
Oct 6, 2022 11:20 AM

Mar 2020
RobertBobert said:
AnimeFA78N said:

The irony is that they first adapted Hamefura, who parodied this and her popularity in turn carried this trend into anime.

Ikr its Akin to what if Konosuba or the current Eminence of the Shadow (this one is a hardcore parody iirc) popularity made Male oriented Isekai Big instead of SAO lol
Oct 6, 2022 11:27 AM

Dec 2016
RobertBobert said:

Wouldn't call it the new trend when there are like 10 Action/Adventure Isekai coming for every SoL Isekai. I think and hope it will stay the niche as always.
Oct 6, 2022 11:41 AM

Apr 2012
AnimeFA78N said:
RobertBobert said:

Ikr its Akin to what if Konosuba or the current Eminence of the Shadow (this one is a hardcore parody iirc) popularity made Male oriented Isekai Big instead of SAO lol

Well, the main uncontrollable wave of the genre started in the second half of the 10s after Konosuba and ReZero.
Oct 6, 2022 11:42 AM

Apr 2012
KichikuSenshi said:
RobertBobert said:

Wouldn't call it the new trend when there are like 10 Action/Adventure Isekai coming for every SoL Isekai. I think and hope it will stay the niche as always.

Well, look how many similar isekai have been this season.
Oct 6, 2022 11:44 AM

Mar 2020
RobertBobert said:
AnimeFA78N said:

Well, the main uncontrollable wave of the genre started in the second half of the 10s after Konosuba and ReZero.

Now that you mention it you are right trend may kick off in 2012 but truly feels like reach start of the peak in mid 2016s or early 2017s after that we do getting many isekais in a single season and looking at atleast spring 2023 seems like its staying that way.
Oct 6, 2022 11:47 AM

Apr 2012
AnimeFA78N said:
RobertBobert said:

Now that you mention it you are right trend may kick off in 2012 but truly feels like reach start of the peak in mid 2016s or early 2017s after that we do getting many isekais in a single season and looking at atleast spring 2023 seems like its staying that way.

It's like Bloom into you. A good, solid yuri show and we started getting 2-3 shows every season.
Oct 6, 2022 11:48 AM

Mar 2020
RobertBobert said:
AnimeFA78N said:

It's like Bloom into you. A good, solid yuri show and we started getting 2-3 shows every season.

Dude ... the coincidence just seeing Bloom into yous Manga page in mal when i got this Notification LMAO
Oct 6, 2022 12:10 PM

Jan 2016
Youjo Senki s2 looks weird

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Oct 6, 2022 12:32 PM

Apr 2020
" nor even the author themselves know " LoL

For your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And honour your parents. If one or both of them reach old age in your care, never say to them ˹even˺ ‘ugh,’ nor yell at them. Rather, address them respectfully.
And be humble with them out of mercy, and pray, “My Lord! Be merciful to them as they raised me when I was young.”
(Holy Quran 17:23-24).

Oct 6, 2022 12:32 PM

Dec 2012
Can we move on from isekai already guys? We've exhausted every possibility
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 6, 2022 12:52 PM
Dec 2017
aw shit here we go again

Oct 6, 2022 12:58 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Crow_Black said:
aw shit here we go again
you sure can say that again
seriously tho, if this industry is somehow gonna go adapt more isekai, why not go for some of the older shoujo ones with dedicated fanbases?
like how are they gonna continue this trend and still pretend that Red River and From Far Away don't exist???
Oct 6, 2022 1:08 PM

Feb 2021
Pietru said:

Crow_Black said:
aw shit here we go again

Sadly this genre is very popular in Japan. They adapt work for THEM, first of all, not for foreigners.
Fario-P said:
Crow_Black said:
aw shit here we go again
seriously tho, if this industry is somehow gonna go adapt more isekai, why not go for some of the older shoujo ones with dedicated fanbases?
like how are they gonna continue this trend and still pretend that Red River and From Far Away don't exist???

These great mangas weren't adapted into anime series, I am very surprised.
Oct 6, 2022 1:59 PM

Nov 2008
That future anime movie trend anitubers speak of is starting to become better as the isekai keep coming, even if means waiting a week to 9 months for the movies to come out on BD or the seven seas.

Oct 6, 2022 2:11 PM

Dec 2012
Memore said:
Sadly this genre is very popular in Japan. They adapt work for THEM, first of all, not for foreigners.

Yeah this I understand, but I'm surprised Japan hasn't had enough of isekai yet, it's been a couple years now..
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 6, 2022 2:16 PM

Nov 2008
Pietru said:
Memore said:

Yeah this I understand, but I'm surprised Japan hasn't had enough of isekai yet, it's been a couple years now..

Japan IS tired of isekai, and has been since 2014-2015, before overseas audiences even started complaining so much about isekai. The people that aren't tired of them are the production committees and shareholders.

Oct 6, 2022 2:18 PM

Feb 2021
Pietru said:
Memore said:

It has enough, yes.
Hoppy said:
Pietru said:

Japan IS tired of isekai, and has been since 2014-2015, before overseas audiences even started complaining so much about isekai. The people that aren't tired of them are the production committees and shareholders.

Agree. Sadly they decide what to adapt. All people tired of this genre, also from idols too.
Oct 6, 2022 2:18 PM

Apr 2012
AnimeFA78N said:
RobertBobert said:

Dude ... the coincidence just seeing Bloom into yous Manga page in mal when i got this Notification LMAO

It's a sign! And if without jokes, then this is how it usually works. You get a hit one season and then the next year everyone copies it. Remember how after AoT everyone started making shows about fighting monsters.
Oct 6, 2022 2:21 PM
Dec 2017
Fario-P said:
Crow_Black said:
aw shit here we go again

Just put those, on my reading list now. And also Houshin shinai engi that has yet, to have an adaptation.

hell even this has yet to have an adaptation as well too. since its set in like another world iirc as well as it being by suda51 too.

Oct 6, 2022 4:28 PM

Dec 2012
Hoppy said:
Pietru said:

That's very unfortunate then :/
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 6, 2022 9:10 PM

Mar 2020
Yet whenever you go to r/light novels
Half of the titles are isekais in top weekly sales unironically :V
Oct 7, 2022 6:08 AM

Feb 2019
How will this man grow from now on? Not even the author themselves knows.

Now that I fucking believe. When was the last time any LN author ever took the time to actually plan a story out?
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Oct 7, 2022 6:39 AM

Oct 2015
Azering said:

Pietru said:

I hang out in the LN community and monitor Japan LN sites.

Romcoms are slowly replacing isekais. Penalty games, girl spoiling boys, etc.

AnimeFA78N said:

Villainess genre is becoming rare? I think? Other than Tearmoon Empire, don't remember any big ones?

For Gender Bender, the next big one is Reborn To Master The Blade, has a parody-sue protagonist.
There is a gag character one. https://j-novel.club/series/did-i-seriously-just-get-reincarnated-as-my-gag-character

There are 2 new Gender Benders in HJ Bunko this month (Astral Online and Nia Liston). https://firecross.jp/hjbunko/latest

Oh yeah, there is an isekai where the protagonist reincarnated as an apple: https://j-novel.club/series/reincarnated-as-an-apple
Oct 7, 2022 7:27 AM

Mar 2020
NewestPersonHere said:
Azering said:

Can you explain me this part more like what kind of stories do you mean by penalty games and girl spoiling boys

Also weird seeing Romance replacing isekai oh well still probably gonna second behind to action genre overall
Oct 7, 2022 8:16 AM

Oct 2015
AnimeFA78N said:
NewestPersonHere said:

Can you explain me this part more like what kind of stories do you mean by penalty games and girl spoiling boys

Also weird seeing Romance replacing isekai oh well still probably gonna second behind to action genre overall

Girl spoiling boy:
https://yenpress.com/series-search/?series=yen536-the-angel-next-door-spoils-me-rotten&supapress_order=publishdate-asc
https://firecross.jp/hjbunko/series/477

Penalty game:
https://j-novel.club/series/an-introvert-s-hookup-hiccups

And high school harems are common too:
https://yenpress.com/9781975345747/chitose-is-in-the-ramune-bottle-vol-1/
https://firecross.jp/hjbunko/series/413

And childhood friend type:
https://yenpress.com/9781975337049/the-girl-i-saved-on-the-train-turned-out-to-be-my-childhood-friend-vol-3-light-novel/
https://dengekibunko.jp/product/norojun/
https://dengekibunko.jp/product/osamake/

Romcoms are everywhere nowadays, I am guessing it will outnumber isekai in this decade?
NewestPersonHereOct 7, 2022 4:38 PM
Oct 7, 2022 8:17 AM

Dec 2012
NewestPersonHere said:

Thank god for that if it's the case; isekai has just gone too far to try and make something original at this point, in which just results it in turning out really lackluster..
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 7, 2022 8:24 AM
Apr 2016
I literally just finished reading 8 of the light novels this week and was thinking to myself, "wouldn't it be great if there was an anime for this? I'd love to see it!" And behold, here it is!
Oct 7, 2022 8:31 AM

Mar 2020
Romcoms are in not in better state either in LNs...... quality wise

NewestPersonHere said:

Romcoms are everywhere nowadays, I am guessing it will outnumber isekai in this decade?

Probably make sense out popularing isekai? yep totally can see that
Out popularing Action genre as a whole? dont think so given how pretty have every most popular ones are well action since beginning
Oct 7, 2022 9:05 AM

Feb 2021
Better than romcoms I want more seinen adaptations, really serious works.
Oct 7, 2022 7:41 PM

Oct 2015
AnimeFA78N said:

NewestPersonHere said:

Out popularing Action genre as a whole? dont think so given how pretty have every most popular ones are well action since beginning

The only big romcoms I can think of are Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten and Gimai Seikatsu. Don't remember people hyping the other romcoms~

Action will remain relevant. There are a ton of non-isekai fantasy LNs. A lot of them with 'strongest' or 'hero' in the title.

Memore said:

You can consider picking up Reign Of The Seven Spellblades. It is written by the same guy who wrote Alderamin.
A lot of people has been hyping Torture Princess too~
These 2 LNs are as dark as Berserk~
Oct 8, 2022 3:19 AM

Feb 2021
NewestPersonHere said:
AnimeFA78N said:

The only big romcoms I can think of are Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten and Gimai Seikatsu. Don't remember people hyping the other romcoms~

Action will remain relevant. There are a ton of non-isekai fantasy LNs. A lot of them with 'strongest' or 'hero' in the title.

Memore said:

You can consider picking up Reign Of The Seven Spellblades. It is written by the same guy who wrote Alderamin.
A lot of people has been hyping Torture Princess too~
These 2 LNs are as dark as Berserk~

Thanks for sharing this!
MemoreOct 8, 2022 3:24 AM
Oct 8, 2022 1:21 PM

Feb 2022
Just caught up and the Manga is quite good, i like bunny girl Nana
Oct 9, 2022 10:39 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
daily reminder just how many shoujo somehow haven't been adapted yet as opposed to the 5 millionth frickin narou-kei isekai...

NewestPersonHere said:
AnimeFA78N said:

Can you explain me this part more like what kind of stories do you mean by penalty games
Penalty game:
aw come on you had me for a second there, really thought we were gonna get more Japanese Saw damnit

Oct 10, 2022 9:35 AM
Dec 2017
Fario-P said:
daily reminder just how many shoujo somehow haven't been adapted yet as opposed to the 5 millionth frickin narou-kei isekai...

NewestPersonHere said:
Penalty game:
aw come on you had me for a second there, really thought we were gonna get more Japanese Saw damnit

If you want Japanese SAW, read Jin-Rou Game its a really messed up story me and @iva- read a while ago.

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
3 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
3 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.