Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 3, 2022 5:16 PM

Aug 2019
Who's an anime character that you very much like but who makes you go "damn they are such a loser" when you think about them?

Probably an unconventional question but Reigen from "Mob Psycho 100" is one of those characters for me. I like his character, but he is such a loser. I don't even mean it in a bad way. If anything, being a loser is part of what makes him who he is, but when I say this to my brothers I don't think they can wrap their heads around it because they think I'm insulting him. Anyone else have a character they feel this way about?

EDIT: This character doesn't need to be a literal loser. They can just be a loser in spirit!
bucciestOct 4, 2022 12:22 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 3, 2022 7:06 PM

Jul 2021
Kazuya from rent a girlfriend.....

Oct 3, 2022 7:10 PM

Aug 2019
Deku from mha (before s3)
The mc of watamote
And.... Kazuya from rent a girlfriend +1

Oct 3, 2022 7:10 PM

Sep 2018
Og Rudeus is 100% like that in his og world though I empathize with him.
Oct 3, 2022 7:11 PM
Jun 2022
_spoon_ said:
Read the post again, good sir. I think you missed something.
Oct 3, 2022 7:14 PM

Oct 2020
the title for this thread is hella wild, but kazuya from rag

"Hard work is worthless for those that don’t believe in themselves" - Naruto Uzumaki
Oct 3, 2022 7:17 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Satou from Welcome to the NHK, he's pretty much what people when they hear the word.
Oct 3, 2022 7:29 PM

Jun 2014
Any male character who wears glasses

There's no such thing as a "man of culture", you are a COOMER.
Go outside.
Oct 3, 2022 7:54 PM

Jan 2022
The MC from a certain 90s mecha anime comes to mind.

I do Like Shinji and I understand why he is the way he is. But god damn is he still a f*kin loser
-insert NGE meme here-
Oct 3, 2022 8:15 PM

Oct 2016
Takao Kasuga, before his redemption arc, which wasn't adapted in the anime.
Oct 3, 2022 8:16 PM

Jan 2013
Not particularly, but I might like a character in spite of them being a loser.

It's a normal response to assume that you're insulting someone if you call them a loser.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 3, 2022 8:40 PM

Oct 2008
Yukimura Shinya "Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Heart".
Oct 3, 2022 8:49 PM

Dec 2021
Ataru Moroboshi, although he is an extremely lovable loser
Oct 4, 2022 8:38 AM
Aug 2021
Takemichi from Tokyo Revengers or sth
Oct 4, 2022 8:47 AM

Oct 2010
I wouldn't like a character if I thought they were a loser tbh.
At worst I might find them to be a little bit of a dork, like Atsuko Kagari. She definitely isn't a loser though lol.
Oct 4, 2022 8:49 AM

Jun 2016
When I watched re: zero, I remember Subaru annoying me because of that. I don't hate him, he's just annoying.
Oct 4, 2022 8:50 AM

Mar 2021
Kazuya from rent a girlfriend.

man is something....
Oct 4, 2022 9:37 AM

Nov 2019
NoblesseEssentia said:
_spoon_ said:

i believe you were the one that missed something. Maybe the author is the biggest L or W with his posts of spending quality time with Chizuru Mizuhara on Twitter, when his wife had just expected their daughter, yet a monkey is on higher level of evolution than Rent-A-Girlfrind's MC.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Oct 4, 2022 9:37 AM

Nov 2019
NoblesseEssentia said:
_spoon_ said:

I believe you were the one that missed something. Maybe the author is the biggest L or W with his posts of spending quality time with Chizuru Mizuhara on Twitter, when his wife had just expected their daughter, yet a monkey is on higher ladder of evolution than Rent-A-Girlfrind's MC.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Oct 4, 2022 9:48 AM
Jun 2022
SgtBateMan said:
NoblesseEssentia said:

I believe you were the one that missed something. Maybe the author is the biggest L or W with his posts of spending quality time with Chizuru Mizuhara on Twitter, when his wife had just expected their daughter, yet a monkey is on higher ladder of evolution than Rent-A-Girlfrind's MC.
"Who's an anime character that you very much like but" I never heard anyone saying that they like something about him.
Oct 4, 2022 9:54 AM

Nov 2019
NoblesseEssentia said:
"Who's an anime character that you very much like but" I never heard anyone saying that they like something about him.

You having yet heard of them doesn't equal to that it isn't the case, like Schrödinger's cat. I bet those people are good at HIDE-and-seek.

Oct 4, 2022 9:58 AM

Aug 2017
I don't like losers much.
Maybe that main character from Tokyo Revengers because he tries his best not to be a loser anymore.
Oct 4, 2022 10:00 AM
Jan 2021
Izumi from shikimori.. That dude is a fricken pussy looser who makes rent a gf mc seem like a chad
Oct 4, 2022 10:03 AM
Jun 2022
SgtBateMan said:
NoblesseEssentia said:

You having yet heard of them doesn't equal to that it isn't the case, like Schrödinger's cat. I bet those people are good at HIDE-and-seek.
I have heard of people who can relate to him and that's why find him uhhh good? Anyway, everyone saying Kazuya is making me believe that they like him but they know that he is a loser which isn't the general opinion I'm sure.

I made three posts on this thread and didn't answer the question yet.
Answer: Shinji.
Oct 4, 2022 10:04 AM

Dec 2021
Kazuya from Rent a gf (Always hated this guy and he's also fu-cking loser)
Amano yukki from Mirai Nikki (Liked this guy but damn he's such a loser)
Yuuki Rito from To love ru ( Wanted to like this guy but...... He's loser)
AnjumhossainOct 4, 2022 10:08 AM
Hope to find that distinct person.
Oct 4, 2022 10:06 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
That mirai nikki mc, and I mean it in a bad way.

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Oct 4, 2022 10:14 AM

Dec 2018
Shinji Ikari
Aqua
Nina Einstein
Ash Ketchum

Oct 4, 2022 10:26 AM
Mar 2021
hasegawa from Gintama...

like bruh, he's such a loser that i feel bad for him :C
Oct 4, 2022 11:04 AM

Nov 2021
Midoriya
Naoto Hachiouji
Ash Ketchum
Takemichi Hanagaki
Red Larva (Larva)
Oct 4, 2022 11:14 AM
Jul 2017
Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion
Oct 4, 2022 11:33 AM

Aug 2019
NoblesseEssentia said:
_spoon_ said:

can't speak much because i have never read/watched "rent-a-girlfriend" but this kazuya character is being brought up more than once so there's something going on.
Oct 4, 2022 11:34 AM
Jun 2022
bucciaratiest said:
NoblesseEssentia said:

can't speak much because i have never read/watched "rent-a-girlfriend" but this kazuya character is being brought up more than once so there's something going on.
I wonder what the fuss is about as well...
Oct 4, 2022 11:36 AM

Aug 2019
rohan121 said:
Og Rudeus is 100% like that in his og world though I empathize with him.

i'm not familiar with this rudeus character but at first my eye caught on the "rohan" in your username and i was going "yes rohan, i agree with that choice" (and coincidentally he's also voiced by takahiro sakurai).
Oct 4, 2022 11:43 AM

Aug 2019
LostSpectre said:

It's a normal response to assume that you're insulting someone if you call them a loser.

if there are anime fans who can be out there cooing over yanderes, then i can have a couple of characters who i fondly regard as a loser and all. again, it's part of their charm.
Oct 4, 2022 11:45 AM

Aug 2019
JayDaAnimeLord said:
the title for this thread is hella wild

hella wild but not false advertisement
Oct 4, 2022 11:45 AM

Jul 2021
I don't like losers and it's rather insulting that basically all male protagonists are one.
Oct 4, 2022 11:47 AM

Aug 2019
Yumerei said:
That mirai nikki mc, and I mean it in a bad way.

hey whoa, this is a forum for those who mean it in a good way.
Oct 4, 2022 11:52 AM

Aug 2019
NorthmostIsle said:
The MC from a certain 90s mecha anime comes to mind.

I do Like Shinji and I understand why he is the way he is. But god damn is he still a f*kin loser

yeah, i'm not surprised to see shinji being brought up multiple times here and i would also agree. the boy has been through a lot despite being so young so i get why he is the way he is and yet he's also a loser.
Oct 4, 2022 11:54 AM

Aug 2019
Antonydabossman said:
Ataru Moroboshi, although he is an extremely lovable loser

i think you're one of the few people who get where i was trying to go with this discussion.
Oct 4, 2022 11:55 AM

Aug 2019
VojtaMM96 said:
hasegawa from Gintama...

like bruh, he's such a loser that i feel bad for him :C

lol i would say a lot of gintama characters fit this bill. a lot of them are losers (affectionate).
Oct 4, 2022 11:55 AM

Dec 2012
Don't really like loser/wimpy etc.. MCs so I don't think anything comes to mind
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 4, 2022 11:57 AM

Aug 2019
Pljeskavica said:
Fujita from Dorohedoro

i agree. fujita is a good addition to this list.
bucciestOct 4, 2022 12:30 PM
Oct 4, 2022 12:03 PM

Apr 2012
Pecora from Jashin-chan Dropkick. One of the best comedic characters you literally want to feel sorry for. Also, Jahy from the manga of the same name. Her suffering literally turns the anime into a melodrama.
Oct 4, 2022 12:03 PM

Aug 2019
lelouch4britanni said:
Izumi from shikimori.. That dude is a fricken pussy looser who makes rent a gf mc seem like a chad

alrighty. looks like what i meant with this topic flew over your head, but personally speaking, izumi would work. being a loser is part of what makes his character good and the show be able to be what it is.
Oct 4, 2022 1:01 PM

Jan 2013
bucciaratiest said:
LostSpectre said:

if there are anime fans who can be out there cooing over yanderes, then i can have a couple of characters who i fondly regard as a loser and all. again, it's part of their charm.
Yandere's are cool though because they're fiction, no one would want anything to do with one in real life. Second, I don't recall telling you what you could or couldn't do, I said that it's a normal response to think a loser is negative rather than endearing.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 4, 2022 3:32 PM
Jan 2021
bucciaratiest said:
lelouch4britanni said:

alrighty. looks like what i meant with this topic flew over your head, but personally speaking, izumi would work. being a loser is part of what makes his character good and the show be able to be what it is.
currently watching the Shikimori-san show.... A lot could have been done with his character but the author had no plot whatsoever.. Just a bunch of filler episodes with a pussy ass mc..
And yeah I understood what you wrote.. But I'm just so pissed off I needed a platform to vent my frustration
Oct 4, 2022 5:10 PM

Nov 2019
Surprise surprise, I'm baffled that at the time of this post, there has yet anyone picking Hachiman Hikigaya, despite all the claims 'He's literally me!' and 50k favourites.

NoblesseEssentia said:
Anyway, everyone saying Kazuya is making me believe that they like him but they know that he is a loser which isn't the general opinion I'm sure.

Certainly. Maybe that explains why you felt it strange at first.
SgtBateManOct 4, 2022 5:15 PM

Oct 4, 2022 5:28 PM

Jan 2013
I'll just go with the standard Naruto who starts off as a loser and becomes the strongest ninja by the end of the series.
Oct 4, 2022 6:33 PM

Jan 2013
lelouch4britanni said:
bucciaratiest said:

currently watching the Shikimori-san show.... A lot could have been done with his character but the author had no plot whatsoever.. Just a bunch of filler episodes with a pussy ass mc..
And yeah I understood what you wrote.. But I'm just so pissed off I needed a platform to vent my frustration
Slice of life shows don't really need a concrete plot, the issue is that they cut up unrelated chapters and pasted them together to make a more cohesive narrative, which turned out awful. Now, all I can say is that Izumi is far better in the manga, but that's only if you are on board with the "role reversal" gimmick to begin with. I don't know if it's just the anime making him look dumber, the lack of context, or the fact he's annoying as hell when animated/voiced, but I couldn't stand him in the anime. The only way I found it remotely tolerable was to hear him in the dub, but the VA for Shikimori was barely passable, unfortunately.
Oct 5, 2022 5:53 AM
Jan 2022
Tatsuhiro Satou from Welcome to the NHK
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime powers you wish you had

ST63LTH - 44 minutes ago

9 by tinshard »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you take screenshots of Anime ( 1 2 )

ST63LTH - May 5

68 by tinshard »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Which of the big 3 do you think has the best music?

Akuya - Yesterday

28 by Spunkert »»
14 minutes ago

» How do you feel when fodder characters are given sympathetic backstories? (IE: Opponents the protagonists face in tournamnets you know will lose)

TheBlockernator - 19 minutes ago

0 by TheBlockernator »»
19 minutes ago

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect. ( 1 2 )

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

65 by Gashadokur0 »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.