Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Dec 12, 2022 9:40 PM
Jan 2017
This felt rushed.
Dec 12, 2022 10:15 PM
Dec 2021
FT_anime_fan said:
This felt rushed.

Go back and watch episode 1, knowing that because Guel's dad didn't just "make his son stay home for a day", the entire assassination Guel's dad had been planning falls apart because of a SINGLE STUDENT FROM MERCURY.
Dec 15, 2022 5:35 AM
Dec 2022
this film is so FUCKING bad
Dec 27, 2022 2:56 PM
Dec 2022
mysterious & cool GUNDAM Aerial at first battle!
story beginning! good rhythm & supprize
Jan 1, 2023 10:16 AM

Jul 2007
Great start to a new Gundam series. Great scenes for all the characters.
Mononoke Caramell Dansen
Jan 5, 2023 11:30 PM

Nov 2009
(catched up to all the previous season anime I wanted to watch, now waiting for next season, so I decide to check out some other series that I placed in To Be Watch Later (offline doc))

Was about to start watching, but decide to check out the forum and see how the series went.

Didn't expect there to be a Prologue... good thing I checked, else I would be missing some content.

I am not really a Gundam fan (in fact, I rarely watch Gundam series... the only one I watched was that "Gundam Build Diver" lol)

___ ___ ___

Watching the Prologue, it looks interesting.

Tho, like ppls mentioned, the Prologue and Episode 1's setting is like two sides of a coin.

Still no idea why they had to destroy the company and kill everyone in Prologue tho... sounds like some sort of Russian tactic. (If you're not with us, you need to be eliminated)

And looks like there's going to be Shoujo-Ai in this, interesting...

___ ___ ___

Also... I thought in Prologue, they banned all Gundam after killing everyone? but episode 1 literally started out with a Gundam? Or is gundam a different thing than all the giant robots they were showing?... huh... man, feels like I have to check out all previous Gundam series to understand Gundam, LOL
amlgJan 5, 2023 11:54 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 10, 2023 5:03 PM

Dec 2015
A good start tbh :D
Jan 20, 2023 2:37 AM
Apr 2009
oh, it's gay... <3
Jan 23, 2023 6:40 PM
Feb 2022
Animation was AMAZING and the quality of it too. The Story is starting okay , nothing really hook me yet.
Feb 2, 2023 8:04 PM
Aug 2021
yo she got that fuckin dawg in her
Feb 5, 2023 8:40 PM
Aug 2019
Strange ending that is all I'm going to say.
Feb 6, 2023 7:56 PM

Jun 2014
This is pretty interesting, and as usual, there are major corrupt corporations.

Suletta is a very skilled pilot, and she managed to show that off quicker than I expected, but I'm definitely not surprised.

So, she's technically engaged to Miorine? Interesting.

Feb 7, 2023 8:22 PM

Jul 2008
high school romance Gundam....okay then
Feb 8, 2023 8:32 PM

Feb 2012
This episode is one of the best examples in anime that fits the line, "It is a tale. Told by an idiot, full of sound and furry signifying nothing."

It's unfortunate to see, but it looks like Gundam has decided to go full progressive in this new series and is falling into the same story pitfalls that progressive stories tend to fall in. There is still a chance this anime will avoid them, but this first episode gives me no confidence in the show runners pulling it off.

The biggest issue so far is that it has been one episode (two if you count the prologue) and the story hasn't established what the MC actually wants. She was little kid in the prologue so that can be excused, but she went to the school because her Mom wanted her to and she bumbled her way into being the champion of the school as well as engaged to another person. This only happened because she told jerk he was a jerk, and none of this was the result of an actual desire from the MC. The presents a problem because it undermines a key storytelling lever used in Gundam and Mecha as a whole. It's a given that the MC will receive an OP mech, but tension is built because the power of the mech ultimately comes from the willpower of the MC. If their will wavers, their power will waver. The lowest point in a mecha show is almost always a spiritual nadir rather than a technological or physical one. This MC seems to have strength that is not tied to anything. It's inhumane to a point. There is a story there, but who knows if this show will see it or even tell it well.

The lack of a strong MC means this show gives little of substance for the audience to latch onto. We can't really tell who the characters are, so people latch onto what the characters represent. That's how progressive stories get their buzz, though most seem to forget to follow through with an actual story. Maybe this anime can recover, but I'm not holding my breath.
Feb 19, 2023 11:34 PM

Oct 2019
animation and battle were great but the characters seem to be very cliche and one dimensional, hope it gets better in later episodes
Mar 1, 2023 8:39 AM

Feb 2022
He got mow down by Suletta...
May 4, 2023 4:20 PM
Apr 2023
Awesome setup cant wait to see how the main character grows throughout the season!
May 20, 2023 8:32 PM

Feb 2015
Holy cringe!!!

That was hard to watch. Where to start?

- carbon copied characters from other anime
- flat personalities
- literal caricatures
- annoyingly stupid protagonist
- so much so that all believability falls apart
- how did she manage to survive until now?
- values scream medieval Japan set in space
- not even youth in the 70s in Japan had such values
- and they too are, ofc, presented in such a flat manner it becomes a caricature

Overall, this anime just oozes "made for a purpose that has nothing to do with art." Every single element in this anime is there because it serves some purpose unrelated to the work itself. Because this anime, has NOTHING to say.

It's a twenty minute long ad.

Honestly, f*ck everyone involved in this defilement of anime and of art in general.
Jun 7, 2023 9:02 PM
Jan 2018
so dark.... but Gundam with romcom, especially Yuri is the best.
Jun 30, 2023 12:15 AM
Jan 2021
the fight was great oh my god.
Jul 31, 2023 6:10 PM

Feb 2018
Mercury beat Guel allegedly the so called ''best pilot in the school'' with quite the ease. Man, the future of Gundam doesn't look too bright now does it lul
Oct 29, 2023 12:40 PM

Aug 2011
Fantastic!!!!! This might become my favourite Gundam yet!!!
Dec 30, 2023 7:55 AM
Oct 2021
So far it's Revolutionary Girl Utena buth with gunfams instead of swords, so I'm sure I'm going to like it!
Jan 16, 6:03 PM
Jan 2024
LMAO HIS ASS WAS BEATEN BY A MINING DRONE
Feb 10, 3:44 AM

Jul 2017
this episode reminded me a lot of Revolutionary Girl Utena, and it's not a bad thing.
great start, i like the fact that this show is different from the normal ''gundam formula'',like they did with Iron Blooded Orphans.
i really like suletta and i think she is cute with Miorine, if they end up togehter.
top tier animations and music.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2023

356 by Idriz_s »»
Apr 17, 1:29 PM

» wait a second... they're GAY????

Nyron - Feb 9

16 by Nyron »»
Apr 17, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2022

104 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2022

78 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:06 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2022

105 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.