Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2022 2:54 AM

Jul 2017
Tokyo Esperion's diagonal run has secured the equalizer, and they feel more confident now that this is their key to winning the match against Musashino.

Aoi's moving his team around like a chessboard despite being a full-back/defender, and he feels great with the others following his lead and slowly confusing Musashino's defense like a devil, to score yet another goal. From then on, it's a complete rout onto Esperion's victory road, even to the point of Kaneda feeling like his year of training for this very day, all came undone. And to Musashino, Kaneda is their only current stronghold, and throughout their history as the inferior J-Youth group all the while, it's of no doubt with Coach Satake bringing him in is a sign of chance and vengeance against their long-standing mortal enemy that is Tokyo Esperion.

At the end of the day, Esperion won 4-2 against Musashino, and the 2nd half was definitely a strain on everyone. But where's there's risk will see rewards, and Aoi and his pals are promoted into the A team. Aoi, most certainly was thankful for Coach Nozomi's teachings and Coach Satake's speech about him as a so-so player but with techniques that only Esperion can muster him together. However, one minor slip and he (like the rest) will fall back to the B team, so take things one step at a time and grow.

While the rest are celebrating their promotions, Aoi chooses to take a walk outside in the rain, which Hana caught up with him and he celebrated the same with her. Though he was definitely surprised that she hugged him instead, and both hid in the nearest shelter amidst the heavy rain. Hana was defo looking for her old man Fukuda with the same esteemed feelings from back then she was a kid (but with Aoi being the next generation's stand-out), but with his injury, she can only cheer Aoi on as a replacement, which he is OK with her passing all the support from her traumatic past.

The encouragement from Hana to Aoi as a fan though, it's the aforementioned kiss on the forehead (which manga readers have been waiting for). And to Aoi and the others, their start line into Tokyo Esperion's A team has just begun.

What a great series, hope a Season 2 will be announced in the near future.
KANLen09Sep 24, 2022 5:26 AM
Sep 24, 2022 3:13 AM

Jul 2019
What a way to end such a humbling series. I admit it was pretty rough at the beginning for Ao Ashi. I wasn't too happy with how things were conveyed from manga to anime form. I felt something was lacking. But, to my relief, a few things started improving--animation, better flow of the story, and progression that was the main thing to me. By far the standout of this anime and the part that I enjoyed the most is the tactical display that's always in play.

It's not perfect by any means. It still has the typical monologues that often tell and are not shown to viewers. I would've liked it if they kept it short on those monologues. Hmm, the pacing was also pretty nice towards the end. Besides Aoi, there are other standouts too.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Sep 24, 2022 5:09 AM

Feb 2021
I hope for the soon announcement of a second season!!
Sep 24, 2022 5:09 AM

Apr 2020
This is the best football anime imo. At least from the ones I've watched.
And it became one of my favorite sports anime. I really hope Blue Lock is as good or even better.
9/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 24, 2022 5:10 AM
Apr 2017
good watch. the anime was well adapted from the manga and having twenty four episodes helped a lot in not ending up as a 12 episode wreck. not gonna lie I didn't expect much from starting the anime but grew to enjoy some of the story once I stuck around even made me read the manga a bit. enjoyed my time watching.
Sep 24, 2022 5:27 AM
Sep 2021
I need more of this, this episode made me feel alive
Sep 24, 2022 5:40 AM
Dec 2020
Amazing ending of the season!
Sep 24, 2022 5:51 AM
Aug 2022
ZER0PT said:
This is the best football anime imo. At least from the ones I've watched.
And it became one of my favorite sports anime. I really hope Blue Lock is as good or even better.
9/10.

actually I read blue lock manga and i think it is better than aoashi but aoashi has everything not just football struggles,love,etc... But I think it would be to tell that both are masterpieces
Sep 24, 2022 5:52 AM

Dec 2020
YO 2HAT THE RFUUCKKKKK THAT WAS BOMB. nah what was that. ending the game was awesome but the romantic progression as the lore uncovers more uhmmm yall know what i like for sure. it felt like so much but not Too much. not even close. it doesnt feel like the right amount yet at the same time perfect.

and that ed ohhhhh that was clever. one of those small little simple things youd go batshit over with

also im kinda missing the momm😢 kinda hoping for her to come and visit ashito in tokyo or something. along with the bro, hes not That important he doesnt rly need the screentime but id like more of him

anyways, great anime. great adaptation. great story great animation great delivery great everything. this better get a 2nd season with the same if not better quality, and a 3rd, 4th, whatever after that.
Sep 24, 2022 5:52 AM

Oct 2017
The last part of the match was cool, Aoi made great plays. The second half of the episode was sweet. Both the hug and kiss was sweet. Congratz to Ashito on making it to the A team. Looking forward to seeing him play in A team in the anime someday.
Sep 24, 2022 5:53 AM
May 2021
Where to even start on this 10/10 finale…

Aoi becoming a monster on that 3rd goal and his laugh before passing it to Ootomo just shows how confident he’s become. A true playmaker and defense manipulator.

And then probably the most wtf moment was Hana and Aoi’s scene. It was such a PERFECT way to end the season. Was not expecting her to give him a send off kiss. This anime does such a good job building characters, relationships, and emotions.

Production I.G. goated for giving us a 24 episode season. SEASON 2 PLZ DON’T TAKE LONG.

If this keeps up Aoashi is definitely on its way to becoming a goated sports anime

LeoDragoOct 8, 2022 11:14 PM
Sep 24, 2022 5:56 AM
Sep 2022
a good ending i would have liked to see more of the game though
Sep 24, 2022 5:58 AM

May 2020
Finally something in his favour.. scored a goal, thrashed the old pal, got promoted to team A (though abuser Akutsu waiting there for him) and damn a kiss( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). A day to remember in literal sense lol.

Was a good enough watch, bit dramatical a few times to the point where some of those characters really got on my nerve, but okay it ain't fun without that.

Production IG with yet another sports success, though about season 2? May or may not be I guess.
Sep 24, 2022 5:58 AM
May 2019
I really liked this one! The pacing felt very good, there was no overly long matches where things are drag along, and it has a nice balance of pure sports with slice of life/slight romance moments. Plus it was quite realistic, Aoi's ability feels really believable. Let's hope this gets more seasons.
Sep 24, 2022 5:59 AM
Oct 2015
Maybe it's because I've read the manga, but the last two episodes of the season, while good, felt very rushed. Episode 23 was so rushed that it didn't even include the normal ED and tossed in the diagonal run without truly communicating its significance. Similarly, the closing scene with Hana in episode 24 was hurried and lacked the impact it could have had - I see this as a missed opportunity. Budgetary production issues aside, I think they needed to two additional episodes in the season to fix the pacing. That all said, I really loved season 1 and I'm excited for a season 2 announcement! (Also, release the official English translated manga in a physical format!)
Sep 24, 2022 6:01 AM

Mar 2021
Such a great episode and Series please let their be a season 2 soon
Sep 24, 2022 6:04 AM

Feb 2015
one of the best sport anime ever
Sep 24, 2022 6:04 AM

Feb 2017
Great ending to a show I enjoyed a ton! It was great following it for the past 6 months. Can't say I enjoyed some of the drama but overall I found it a breath of fresh air in the high-school boy plays sports genre. Aoi's dynamic with Hana was probably my favorite part of the show and Togashi is my favorite character (I think). I am interested in reading the manga now.

Also, here is a nice illustration by the character designer Manabu Nakatake to commemorate the end of the show. Hopefully we get season 2.
https://twitter.com/aoashi_pr/status/1573610693504516096
Sep 24, 2022 6:12 AM

Sep 2013
Absolutely lovely, i'll freak out if a second season is not announced.
Deep dark fantasies
Sep 24, 2022 6:17 AM
May 2022
And got to the 24 episode, great end. Ashito finally understood the side back position to perfection, I really enjoyed this anime, one of the best in soccer. Wishing for a 2nd season announcement soon.
Sep 24, 2022 6:18 AM
Aug 2022
A Great final episode I hope for second season soon
Sep 24, 2022 6:21 AM
Sep 2021
Awesome, just awesome !

I can't see why this wouldn't get a S2, especially with that end.

Well done for this very great soccer/romance anime !
Sep 24, 2022 6:23 AM
Jan 2021
Fantastic ending. I really love the transition to the ending song.
Sep 24, 2022 6:26 AM

Jul 2021
What a great way to make some transition in the final episode which is worth the wait! Really need a Season 2 announcement if anything.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 24, 2022 6:31 AM

Feb 2008
What a beautiful anime of The Beautiful Game! ⚽⚽⚽
Sep 24, 2022 6:32 AM

Dec 2021
Enjoyed this one.

hana is so cute lol
Sep 24, 2022 6:33 AM
Jan 2021
Such a great last episode!
One of the few animes that I feel I have no choice but to start the manga immediately
Sep 24, 2022 6:34 AM
Mar 2021
actually banger. loved the hole episode. cant wait to see more in the future!
Sep 24, 2022 6:37 AM

Dec 2012
Amazing episode not gonna lie, second half with Hana was so wholesome
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jan 2019
I loved everything about this anime, and was expecting it to be the best anime of the season. In first few episodes, the storyline, the football games were just so amazing. It's like I watched every episode multiple times.

However soon they started dragging the story a bit, like there are less football matches, and the flow of the game was not that smooth as it was in initial episodes. Many football games have things either skipped or made so fast.

In initial episodes there were goosebumps on every episode, but that started lacking after some time.

Overall a great piece of work, could have been a bit better at showing the match properly. As there wasn't much emphasis on good goals either, things moved at a rapid speed I guess.

Jun 2021
After haikyuu this is one of the best sports anime I've ever watched
Sep 24, 2022 6:49 AM
May 2021
Woww such a awesome ending!! Beautiful !!!
Sep 24, 2022 7:01 AM

Aug 2015
i really didnt expect this anime to be THIS GOOD, im glad i picked it up, such a good ending.
Sep 24, 2022 7:08 AM
May 2021
Finally ashito managed to rank up to Team A. Im so happy for him
Sep 24, 2022 7:08 AM

Jul 2008
What an episode. That had to be one of the most satisfying season endings I've seen in recent memory. Feels all the way through. I had goosebumps.

I'm already a huge football fan, but that aside, this anime was absolutely amazing. IMO it's on par with Haikyuu, although I do like the characters slightly better in Haikyuu (rolling thunder!). But when it comes to telling the story of a particular sports match, Ao Ashi did an awesome job. Football is 90-minute match with really only a 15 min break at the half, so there's a LOT of plays throughout the game and Ao Ashi did a great job highlighting those and really going into the mood of the players and game throughout the match.

And the romance between Ao Ashi and Hana was actually really well done.

This is an easy 9/10 for me.
WILLs_Anime_Sep 24, 2022 7:14 AM
Sep 24, 2022 7:14 AM
Aug 2022
Best ending!!! Everything was amazing, i enjoyed this episode so much.
The way they connected the ending song with the last scene i loved it!
I can’t wait for season 2♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️.
Sep 24, 2022 7:16 AM
Jun 2022
Absolutely Loved it, never seen a sports anime depict such realism ever, an easy 10/10 I don't care what ppl say about its pros and cons but in my eyes this will always be 10/10, Secondly If ppl are wanting to read the manga, As a manga reader I can assure that manga is godly and a work of art, the manga is the best sport mangas out there and is capable of competing with the big dogs. So I highly recommend to start reading the manga, So if you want to read it you can start from 94, the musashino match starts from there as many scenes were cut off from the match so I would say you should read it again as manga depicted it the best. All in all I really enjoyed my saturdays with aoashi and hopefully Season 2 is announced soon as well :) Thank you production ig and whoever were involved in making of aoashi as you have done a fantastic job of showing and informing people of this underrated gem.
Sep 24, 2022 7:19 AM

Oct 2012
amazing series, prob. most rec. anime for football lover. 10/10. great animation, OST, story and loveable character. hope get 2nd season.
nice work Production I.G 👍😭
Sep 24, 2022 7:20 AM
Oct 2021
loved it because it was so good!
Sep 24, 2022 7:46 AM
Jul 2021
As an avid fan of the sport (both watching and playing), I genuinely didn't expect this show to be as good as it was, and it really surprised/impressed me how in-depth they explored the tactical side of the game. I was hesitant to watch it at first because the way MAL described the synopsis made it sound very cliche and cheesy, but I'm so glad I gave it a go eventually. I also appreciate the fact that they added the romance subplot, as it made the show more relatable, while as amazing as Haikyuu is, it purely focuses on volleyball, and nothing else.

As an anime-only so far, you better believe I'll be starting on the manga for this very soon! And it's encouraging to hear people say the manga is even better, so I'm definitely looking forward to this 👌🏽
Sep 24, 2022 7:46 AM
Sep 2015
Aoi transformed from being just a loud and noisy soccer player into my waifu material.... but Hana snatch him from me! This episode issue one of the suspect I raised all along since the beginning of the anime that Hana think of Aoi as a coach Fukuda's replacement. I applaud Aoi for connecting a dot when I assume he'd be dense at everything that is not related to soccer. Aoi want Hana to see him as him and not as Fukuda, and after the kiss in his forehead, they really make this relationship official. Look like Anri will have to settled for either coach Fukuda (unlikely) or Motoki (more likely), since Aoi won't be available for anyone anymore.

Aoi is now standing on the same field as my best boy Akutsu, things are gonna get more interesting from now on.

I feel like this is a good stop if they're not gonna make any sequel again because I can't bear watching Aoi and Hana's blooming love. I assume the next season's Blue Lock would be better because of less romance and the Blue Lock uniform, which is a tight spandex, is looking very sensual.
Sep 24, 2022 7:52 AM
May 2021
it was satisfying
Sep 24, 2022 8:01 AM

Sep 2009
This is certainly one of my favourite sports animes so far. And probably the best about football. And I don't even really enjoy watching football! I loved this anime from the very beginning and it did not disappoint. I loved it so much that I've already started reading the manga and will continue doing so!

But I can't not wait for a season 2 announcement. This anime deserves it.
Sep 24, 2022 8:05 AM
Jul 2021
Great episode to finish the season off! We get the ending of the Esperion vs Musashino match with Aoi starting to take over the match from last episode. He starts to control the game with his movement and passing which ends up leading to Aoi getting an easy finish right in front of goal.

Musashino seem to have no answer to Aoi as Esperion secure another goal through Tachibana with good team cohesion from Esperion. The show tries to give us some bit of opposition after Musashino's captain gets Kaneda fired up again, however this comes to no avail as the match ends 4-2 for the Esperion boys.

Second part of the episode deals with, what I think is the most important aspect of soccer, mental fortitude. Aoi, Ohtomo, Togashi, and Kuroda are all promoted to the first-team and the team decides to celebrate their win and promotions when they get back to the dorms. Aoi takes sometime to thank Coach Nozomi for everything he has taught him leading up to his promotion.

Aoi, still excited about the match, goes out for a walk on a rainy night and happens to come across Hana (of course). The two share a conversation with each other that reveals that Manager Fukuda could have been playing professionally for much longer if he did not receive a career-ending injury.

However, I believe that the most interesting bit of the episode is during this conversation where Hana explains that Aoi plays just like her favorite player did (Fukuda), but this doesn't sit right with Aoi. Aoi wants Hana to cheer him on not for the player she thinks he is, but the player that he actually is. Hana has been cheering Aoi on in hopes that he will become the player Fukuda was, but Aoi wants to become a pro and make a name for himself rather than following in someone else's footsteps. After hearing this, Hana gives our boy a parting kiss on the forehead and leaves.

The episode ends with Aoi, Ohtomo, Togashi, and Kuroda gearing up for their first practice session with the A-team.

I absolutely love this show, mainly because Aoi resembles myself in way too many ways. As a player, I started out at a local club and as I grew, I went to many different club teams and learned many different styles of play. I was always compared to players like Thomas Muller, Michael Ballack, and Franky Hejduk by coaches, players and fans alike. Although this was nice to hear in the moment, it always made me feel that I wasn't anything special because I was playing like someone else. I ended up losing confidence in my play throughout the years and eventhough I had made an academy program in the US and also had the chance to tryout for professional teams in Germany, I wasn't impressed with myself. I didn't realize that confidence in yourself is the biggest difference in becoming a professional or not. You can be skilled, talented and born to play the game of football, but if you don't have the confidence in yourself to become one of the world's best player's, if not, THE world's best player, then you won't be going pro. Take it from me, a washed up semi-pro who watches anime to relive his glory days.
DodgeyyyySep 24, 2022 8:16 AM
Sep 24, 2022 8:14 AM
Dec 2020
awesome 2º best anime season
Sep 24, 2022 8:14 AM
Oct 2016
Always wonderful ending a long journey with a show on a high note. Not only does Esperion beat Musashino but Aoi, Otomo, Tachibana and Kuroda all got promoted! I'm with Aoi on not expecting that so soon. Aoi was the maim reason they turned things around. His diagonal runs created openings for his teammates. Aoi himself scoring and later even Tachibana against his old team. Lots of catharsis in defeating Musashino. The match ends this season on the highest of notes. To cap off an incredible development journey for Aoi through this point. He's been made to go through difficult changes and become a much different player than he imagined. There's been tough points where it didn't look like Aoi could break past the obstacle in his way. But many people helping and his tenacity Aoi had become a fantastic soccer player for his team. Adapting to his new role well and adjusting his own style of play to fit his new position. Not letting his teammates fall down or get discouraged Aoi was that consistent spark for Esperion no matter what match it was. I loved following along with Aoi during this season. This show has been great and adds to sports anime legacy. Characters, animation, storyline, emotion, drama, had it all and did so well showing us the beginning of Aoi journey.

85/100
Sep 24, 2022 8:17 AM
Mar 2019
This one was amazing
Sep 24, 2022 8:17 AM
May 2018
omg such a great anime, he way it ended it was spooo good,
Sep 24, 2022 8:23 AM
Jul 2012
Really just felt like everything that they had been building up to all came into the big picture. I enjoyed that the main character wasn't just some off the wall inherent prodigy. They molded has innate talent and this episode showed off what hard work and motivation can do with a little talent.
Sep 24, 2022 8:24 AM

Aug 2018
Excellent anime, I'm definitely hoping for more ! A good mix between casual moments ("slice of life"), pure football moments and also "educational" moments as in "learn football tactics, terms of strategies".

The characters were great and it reflected an enjoyable vision of teenagers football.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 2, 2022

136 by Animeniac1 »»
Apr 25, 4:07 PM

» Second season announcement

Ale054 - Nov 7, 2022

12 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 11:59 AM

» Will hana and ashito fall in love?

Weebhpk - Jun 25, 2022

16 by axou12 »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 28, 2022

56 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 1, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 7, 2022

148 by _sporsho_ »»
Mar 12, 4:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.