Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 15, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Shinpei and Ushio taking on an immortal is actually pretty surreal now that I think about it. They're pushing a grand battle for this episode and we got plenty of action.

Felt like everything came together now for this moment and shit is getting real. I'm also impressed by how much Ushio improved herself.
Sep 15, 2022 4:22 PM

May 2019
Damn, you just now shit's so serious when they completely skip the opening and just leave the credits while the dialogue plays. At this point, ya kinda feel bad for Haine.

First of all, props to the sound designer and composers as usual for making a pretty badass OST; the music's tension serves well in the episode's beginning scenes. At the same time, now that Shinpei and Ushio each possess one of Haine's eyes, it's gonna be weird, for me at least, to get used to if it carries on till the end. And another thing, since Ryuunosuke is now within Shinpei, it kinda gets a little bit easier when discerning the two characters: the latter is rather more guttural with speaking, as exemplified by simply calling out Ushio's name. Since the two are able to converse with one another rather than switching off personalities (ex: Nagumo-sensei's hair tie), it must be pretty weird for an outsider to see a person talking to themselves, and with expression no less.

But back to the plot line; it gets rather chill after Shinpei gets transported to, what is essentially the Edo period, to catch up with Shide in what could be described as the calm before the storm. However, as supplemented with a flashback reminder from Nagumo-sensei, things are not only going to get confusing, but probably even buckwild with some conflicted feelings added into the mix. Not to mention, the fact of the persistence of two wildly different personalities—one white and innocent while ther other is of ever-persistent bloodlust—has never been fully acknowledged up until this point. It honestly becomes more understandable of what Shide's goal really is: as he is infatuated with wanting to live longer—probably even forever—he fights to obtain the eyes that can control time and space themselves. At this point, it's not so much a matter of a race "against" time, but rather "for" it.

(On an unrelated note, I like Ushio's comparison of being able to end time to that of switching off a gaming console. Also, I liked the reference to the B-29 firebombings of WWII as the history "buff" I am, with the additional faded coloring of the scenes to fit. And yes, I do understand that Grave of the Fireflies still exists.)

"The one who's really to blame is Shide for orchestrating it all."
NekOniiChanSep 15, 2022 4:26 PM
Sep 15, 2022 4:32 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Absolutely amazing music near the end of the episode, this entire area and the atmosphere really do feel like the last boss of a video game, I see what Shide was going for. The air raid scene was especially well done for filters and color pallet, and while it felt sort of fast paced for all the explanations I think they got across well enough.
Sep 15, 2022 5:09 PM
Jul 2020
Bro, this show has been getting on my nerves recently.

How can they release such a 13/10 episode and just leave us hanging on a cliffhanger? It’s probably the first time ever that I’ve watched an anime without reading the source material in between and I’m not disappointed.
Sep 15, 2022 5:16 PM
Jul 2020
Also, quick tip for anyone looking for an episode of Summer Time Rendering.

Normally, piracy ain’t good but well, we don’t really have a choice lmao. When the episode isn’t out on your streaming website, just go on Google, search for the anime, the episode number and “eng sub” at the end and press search. Of course, you’ll see some bs, but the trick here is to use the search tools to search for anything that has come out in the past hour related to the anime. Normally, you’ll see websites where the episode is uploaded in a torrent format or .mkv format and it’ll be up to you to download it and watch it.

If you can’t read .mkv files on your mobile device, go ahead and download the VLC media player app. This app is normally on your PC by default, but if it isn’t, the regular media player should do the job.
Sep 15, 2022 6:00 PM
Apr 2020
Holy crap, this episode is so great!
Sep 15, 2022 6:07 PM
Aug 2022
It was great. OP.

But there are only two weeks left. I will miss Shinpei and Ushio. :(

Why do good things have to end ?
Sep 15, 2022 6:08 PM
Aug 2022
Anyways, where the isekai tag? lol.
Sep 15, 2022 7:21 PM

Nov 2011
God damn this episode was peak PEAK!!!!

I loved the switch in art and animation.

I liked the back and forth between Ryuunosuke and Shinpei. It was nice wholesome back and forth which I enjoyed. Also funny seeing his body doing different expressions as well.

Damn so Haine joins the party!!! Never thought I'd see the day.

The B29 bomb planes are accurate for planes they used during WW2 so that was cool.

Damn though Shide straight trash and Ushio continues to be GOATED.

That confession was sweet as candy.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 15, 2022 8:02 PM
Aug 2019
The moment when the bombs(?) fell felt terrifying. In general that different world really does give you the chills lol. Quite an amazing episode, too. I felt kinda bad for Hiruko...
Also, that conversation of Shinpei with Ryuunosuke was so cute. His expression when Shinpei addressed him more casually was very adorable lol.
Sep 15, 2022 8:14 PM
Dec 2021
This episode is all over the place. Bunch of happy talks with little substance...
Sep 15, 2022 8:23 PM

Jul 2012
If Shide is over 300 years old then why are Hiruko's bad memories about 1940's era bombers?
Sep 15, 2022 8:37 PM

Apr 2020
The Ost nier(yes) the end of the episode sounded like it came straight out of Nier. Then I realized Keiichi Okabe was one of the music staff. God, I love his style of music.
Sep 15, 2022 8:59 PM

Apr 2015
The Nier style of ost in the end catch me off guard lol
Sep 15, 2022 9:39 PM

Jan 2020
Between baby Haine and the glowing red tunnel, I got some serious Mother 2 vibes in the beginning of the episode.

The air raid seemed kind of random, but, in general, I feel like I'm having a hard time grasping Shide in general. I'm not entirely sure why he's the final antagonist?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 15, 2022 9:40 PM
Aug 2022
I think these air bombers are the reason why Haine(Hiroku) are in a bad state in the starting of the show. That's why she is eating a people to recover to full power and need medical attention from Hishigata doctor.

And that's why Hiroku doesn't wanna remember these bad memories, that made her this weak.
Sep 15, 2022 9:51 PM

Jul 2012
lordarthur said:
I think these air bombers are the reason why Haine(Hiroku) are in a bad state in the starting of the show. That's why she is eating a people to recover to full power and need medical attention from Hishigata doctor.
And that's why Hiroku doesn't wanna remember these bad memories, that made her this weak.

Then why is Shide over 300 years old? Hiruko didn't show up on the island during WWII.
Sep 15, 2022 9:56 PM
Aug 2022
Neneaux said:
lordarthur said:

Then why is Shide over 300 years old? Hiruko didn't show up on the island during WWII.

Yes Haine showed up on the island way back, in year 1732, to be precise, (Episode 18), so yes he is more than 300 years old. Air bombing in 1940 is a part of Shide's lifetime.
Sep 15, 2022 9:59 PM

Jul 2012
lordarthur said:
Neneaux said:

Yes Haine showed up on the island way back, in year 1732, to be precise, (Episode 18), so yes he is more than 300 years old. Air bombing in 1940 is a part of Shide's lifetime.

I understand that but I thought it was stated that it was specifically Hiruko's memories that involved the bombers not Shides. Shouldn't have anything to do with the innocent Haine or the current Shide.
Sep 15, 2022 10:07 PM
Aug 2022
Neneaux said:
lordarthur said:

I understand that but I thought it was stated that it was specifically Hiruko's memories that involved the bombers not Shides. Shouldn't have anything to do with the innocent Haine or the current Shide.

No, in the episode, Innocent Haine clearly mentions, "I have memories of this day, too". And why not, Hiruko was using Haine's body so they both saw the same thing. Also, Tokoyo, is connected to Hiruko memories, so basically they are inside Hiruko mind right now.

EP 23, around 18:50. before Ushio jumps to attack Shide
Sep 15, 2022 10:57 PM
Sep 2021
Animations🤤🤧
Sep 16, 2022 12:18 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Shide needs to steal Ushio's eye.
And now Haine is a little baby, he doesn't have any need for her.
So he splits her in two!
Ryuunosukeis going to fulfill his sister's promise and will help Shinpei.
'I love ya Ushio.'
Well, that was a nice confession scene in the middle of being sucked into a vortex xD.
Shinpei is now in Haine's home...
And Ushio is nowhere to be seem.
Though her printed shotgun is still here which means she is nearby.
Ryuunosuke takes over Shinpei's body as it hurts for Shinpei.
Seems the place is similar to Hitogashima.
Ryuunosuke is annoyed that Shinpei speaks so formally to him and so he speaks casually lol.
They follow Haine's ball.
Seems non hostile shadows live here.
And Ushio is surrounded by them and is on the floor.
Her head hurts and Haine's presence is in her...
Ryuunosuke thinks of keeping his promise to Hizuru to kill Ushio but Shinpei stops him.
Ushio says that the Haine in her is the little girl-Hizuru's friend.
She wants to talk to Shinpei but is too shy and hides behind Ushio's back xD.
She apologises for everything.
Seems Shide wants to use this place where time stands still to take Ushio'e eye.
Ryuunosuke doesn't have the foresight and Shinpei can't loop.
Shide's goal is to end the world...
A sound appears and plane cover the sky!
It's an air raid siren and the planes are dropping bombs...
Ushio shields everyone.
Shide is on top of one of the planes...
Haine says they need to kill Hiruko to get back to their world. And this air raid is one of her memories.
Haine makes an opening for Ushio and she leaps into the air!
Shide has her eye in reach...but Ushio recovers and gets it back! She ate a fragment of her original to do so.
Then the air raid stops after Ushio makes contact.
Ushio found out his real body is in their world.
They just need to erase Shide's armour fully and they will win!
But it seems she is unconscious...

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDSep 16, 2022 12:23 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 16, 2022 1:23 AM
Sep 2022
Ryunosuke Nagumo was so cute in this episode, is he geh? FRFR
Sep 16, 2022 1:26 AM
Jan 2020
this episode felt like a movie
Sep 16, 2022 1:41 AM

Oct 2017
The action sequence in the later half was lit af.
Sep 16, 2022 3:36 AM

May 2020
Man, I really didn't like the developments in this episode.
Sep 16, 2022 4:05 AM

Mar 2022
good episode tho
i really loved it

Sep 16, 2022 4:15 AM

Nov 2013
Props to the studio. Was worried about this part from the manga. They handled it well.
Sep 16, 2022 4:58 AM

Nov 2016
Ushio's air walk, tho. The fight between her and Shide was visually stunning, from setting to animation and abilities.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 16, 2022 5:19 AM
May 2021
man this is really getting interesting now...
Sep 16, 2022 6:24 AM

Oct 2016
Holy shit, what an episode. Shide a menace frfr, shadow or not, he just slammed a baby through the wall and made her relive her WW2 memories.

Damn, I was so immersed, I didn't even realize the Nier-like music near the end until I saw the comments regarding it.

Also, that Ryuunosuke and Shinpei interaction before shit went down was pretty damn adorable.

2 more episodes left, pretty sad to see this show end, but can't wait for the remaining episodes.
Sep 16, 2022 6:25 AM

Aug 2021
The action was great and even more questions were answered, and shinpei finally confessed his love. This gotta be one of the more satisfying eps in the show. And the soundtrack in this episode was like really top tier, felt like a hunter x hunter ost.
Sep 16, 2022 6:40 AM

Apr 2015
damnnn what an episode

cant wait for next week
Sep 16, 2022 7:09 AM
Apr 2022
That airship animation was kinda off, but okay episode.
Sep 16, 2022 7:17 AM

Feb 2018
I was hoping Shide's plan was going to be a little more interesting than just "destroying the world".
Sep 16, 2022 7:32 AM
Jun 2022
Intense I have to say. So, the battle is going on two worlds eh.
Sep 16, 2022 7:34 AM
Aug 2016
Great episode. Really excited to see how all of this wraps up in the final 2 eps!
Sep 16, 2022 8:31 AM

Jul 2017
"You thought I was dead, but I'm still alive!" What a Jojo moment for Shide and both Shinpei and Ushio to get sideswiped. Haine, or Hiruko rather, is at his mercy of being a tool that's no more than his mother. The battle between 2 worlds: Shide vs. the rest, and Shinpei as Ryuunosuke makes one last promise to Ushio being a cheesy love confession, but who knows if the both of them able to come back alive.

The world's transportation to Haine's home, and Shinpei is already hurt enough both mentally and physcially, and Ryuunosuke is his last chance and source of power to move right along. Soon enough, they spot Haine's handball acting on its own, and that presents a trail to the Shadows' village of Wakayama and Ushio herself being manifested by Haine, the GOOD Haine that's the human who befriended Hizuru.

The innocent Haine showing herself to both Shinpei and Ryuunosuke in Tokoyo, the realm of the dead, and this is where Shide will exact his final plan to get back Ushio's left eye to complete his domination. And that's exactly how Shinpei, Ushio and Haine plans to thwart Shide's objective by erasing Hiruko, and facing him with much adversity, even if it burns her Shadow being to pieces over and over in this exhilaring mid-air air raid battle to expose Shide's true body back in their world.

The final stretch is gonna be amazing, I just can feel it.
Sep 16, 2022 9:20 AM

May 2021
Dunno why but I felt bored for some reason. The OST was pretty good though.

Sep 16, 2022 9:21 AM
Jun 2022
bro after the 3 latest episode that a little bit flat compare to the first 19 episodes, this episode come at the right time, now it feels thrilling again like the first 19 episode even more thrilling 🔥🔥
Sep 16, 2022 9:37 AM

Jun 2016
ushioo is the best waifu !!

she also wearing swimsuit outfit that make her pretty and sexy !!
Sep 16, 2022 9:42 AM
Jun 2021
Awsome episode!!
Sep 16, 2022 10:51 AM
Aug 2022
Did you guys also notice that Ushio's face is more child like/less mature after she uses Mio gifted hair to bring back herself?? Or is it just some animation issue?
Sep 16, 2022 1:25 PM

Jan 2013
Dunno why this episode felt so much slower and boring than the last few episodes or so.

As expected, Shide turned out to be your usual 'I'm gonna destroy the world' kind of villain. Not that it's bad, but I was hoping for a better end game motive.
Sep 16, 2022 1:53 PM
Apr 2020
loved every second of it, pacing is still great
Sep 16, 2022 2:41 PM
Sep 2022
Ronninn said:
this episode felt like a movie
i was getting the same vibes!!!
Sep 16, 2022 2:55 PM

Apr 2016
Can't believe we only have 2 episodes left, idk if it's too fast or i'm just really mesmerized to the show.

That confession before entering Tokoyo, really cute.
I thought they were gonna talk Haine out to side with them, ig no need anymore, and Haine wanting peace for Hiruko 🥺
The bombers we're truly terrifying, geez imagine you're in this situation.

Also is that a smol Ushio in the end?
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Sep 16, 2022 4:14 PM
Jul 2019
Is it me or the last fighting scene reminded me of Nier: Automata? The grey'ish color pallet and especially the music felt really similar to it.

Edit: nvm seems other ones noticed as well lol
Sep 16, 2022 6:37 PM

Feb 2019
the animation and the fight against shide were so good this episode. can't be live they actually got me feeling sorry for haine/hiruko
"Do you believe in gravity?"
Sep 16, 2022 6:42 PM

Feb 2019
lordarthur said:
Did you guys also notice that Ushio's face is more child like/less mature after she uses Mio gifted hair to bring back herself?? Or is it just some animation issue?
i noticed the same thing too
"Do you believe in gravity?"
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» [Spoilers] So how did Ushio get... ?

SabreDrago - Sep 23, 2022

25 by Cyrose »»
Apr 23, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2022

339 by Humaneky »»
Apr 20, 7:29 AM

» Ushiro and Shinpei

janayoo - Apr 5

10 by aniart_nation »»
Apr 10, 5:43 PM

» One of The Best Anime I've seen in along time ( 1 2 )

Californiaa - Sep 16, 2023

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 2, 6:08 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

121 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 17, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.